Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- January 1, 1970: In Turkey, an explosion occurred at the entrance of the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul. Islamic Turkey was becoming a dangerous place to be an American.
- January 9, 1970: In France, a TWA 707 airliner en route from Paris to Rome with just 20 passengers and crew aboard was hijacked to Beirut by a lone French terrorist. He said that he wanted to spite Americans and Israelis for their aggression in the Middle East. Considered a hero by Muslims, when the hijacker was taken into custody in Lebanon he was only sentenced to nine months in jail - essentially the time he served awaiting trial. He was promptly released and returned to France, where he was tried for illegal possession of weapons and sentenced to eight months in prison, once again, the length of the trial process.
The Popular Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine thought their criminal act was a good thing, so they claimed responsibility for the murder and mutilations. However, since the word has a problem understanding the benefits of being judgmental, and fails to appreciate the concept of responsibility, the murdering Muslim terrorists were set free after the September 6, 1970 hijacking of one Swiss and two U.S. airliners.
- January 11, 1970: In Ethiopia, Islamic jihadists shot and killed a U.S. soldier. The Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement was responsible for the shooting the American.
The Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement was composed of Islamic terrorists who are financed, trained, and armed by the fundamentalist Islamic government in neighboring Sudan. The terrorist club sought to depose the current secular government in Eritrea and replace it with an Islamic theocracy based upon Sharia Law.
- January 21, 1970: In the Philippines, a car bomb exploded behind the Joint U.S. Military Assistance Group headquarters in Manila. Three support staff were injured.
- January 24, 1970: In Israel, al-Fatah and the PFLP claimed credit for the explosion of an ammunition truck which was unloading at the time. Nineteen people were killed and 36 Israelis were injured. This terrorist, act combined with the joint press release following it, served to confirm that Yasser Arafat's al-Fatah and George Habash's Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine were acting as one following their late 1968 merger. While the PFLP is said to have begun life as a Marxist organization, it didn't take long to amalgamate itself into the Muslim cause.
- February 10, 1970: In Germany today, three Islamic terrorists killed an Israeli citizen and wounded 11 other Jewish passengers in a grenade attack on a bus at the Munich airport. The militants deployed guns and grenades in their assault on the El Al airport shuttle. The carnage was minimized because the Israeli pilots wrestled the weapons away from the Islamic terrorists.
- February 17, 1970: The Germans foiled a PFLP hijacking of an El Al aircraft. However, their temporary success only served to encourage terrorism because the German government foolishly freed the kidnappers two months later.
- February 21, 1970: A Swiss Air flight 330 from Zurich bound for Tel Aviv was bombed in mid-air nine minutes after takeoff by the PFLP General Command, a PFLP splinter group. Forty-seven innocent souls lost their lives to Islam, 15 of whom were Israelis. The bomb, placed in the cargo hold, was triggered by a change in atmospheric pressure. While the crew attempted to turn the plane back to the airport, smoke in the cockpit and the loss of electrical power thwarted their efforts,.
While the PFLP-GC initially claimed responsibility, when it became obvious the civil people the world over were repulsed by their crime, they disclaimed it. It was as if their words meant something.
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC) was established in April 1968 by Ahmed Jabril. At the time, he was a member of the PFLP, the PLO, and a captain in the Syrian Army. He was a good Muslim jihadist, who wanted to focus more on terrorism and less on politics. As such, the PFLP-GC exists to perpetuate armed insurrection against Israel. Their logo describes their purpose and their methods. Israel is painted entirely in Islamic green with crossed assault rifles superimposed over the nation.
At its inception, the central leadership of the PFLP-GC was composed mostly of Syrian army officers. After six years of terrorizing on their own, in June 1974, the PFLP-GC joined the highly political Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). But its membership in the PLO was suspended ten years later due to the PFLP-GC's support for anti-Arafat and anti-Fatah groups like HAMAS. Spurned, the General Command splinter became violently anti-PLO, PA, and Fatah. So to stay viable, they retained their Syrian connections and thus became allied with Iran and Hizballah. These fellows were clearly as disloyal as they were dishonest and uncivil.
Dcuring the 1990s, the PFLP-GC opposed the Fatah's Oslo Accords while supporting their Intifada. In this regard they are so similar to HAMAS, the organizations have begun to cooperate. But without an fundamentalist Islamic powerbase in Israel, the General Command usually launches its attacks from Lebanon. Notorious for innovation, the group's methods include the use of hot-air balloons and motorized hang-gliders.
Ahmed Jabril, the splinter groups founder, received his education in a military academy, graduating as an officer skilled in explosives. After serving briefly in the Syrian Army, he decided to become a terrorist. Within a year, however, he broke away feeling disillusioned by the group's involvement in politics. Jabril wanted nothing less than the destruction of Israel, and could therefore not rationalize conducting diplomatic negotiations with it.
- February 21, 1970: On the same day that the PFLP-General Command destroyed a Swiss aircraft, killing everyone aboard, the main branch of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine exploded a bomb aboard an Austrian Airlines Caravelle flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Vienna, Austria. Fortunately, the damage was not catastrophic and the plane returned to Frankfurt safely with its 33 passengers.
The bomb was detonated twenty minutes after takeoff by an altimeter reading of fourteen thousand feet. It had been placed in a mailbag intended to be carried on a flight to Israel later in the day. The premature blast inside the cargo hold created a jagged three foot by two foot hole through the bottom of the fuselage.
- February 23, 1970: The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) ambushed a civilian passenger bus near Hebron and fired automatic weapons into the vehicle. They killed an American woman named Barbara Ertle. And yet twenty years later, after committing another 200 terrorist acts like this one, PLO President Yasser Arafat would become the most frequent overnight guest at the Clinton White House. The moral of the story is, so long as you are a friend of the oil drenched Saudis and Kuwaiti, you are free to murder Americans and still be treated like royalty. Sorry, Barbara, you deserved better.
- March 1, 1970: In Italy, a bomb was found in the luggage of an Islamic terrorist aboard an Ethiopian airliner in Rome. The device had been placed by members of the Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement.
- March 4, 1970: Two hours after a violent anti-American demonstration in the Philippines, a bomb rocked the embassy area and damaged a passing tanker truck carrying gasoline.
- March 14, 1970: A United Arab Airlines Antonov 24 flight flying from Athens to Cairo via Alexandria was four minutes out of its stopover when a bomb exploded in the landing gear well of the rear of the left engine, causing extensive damage to the undercarriage and injuring two of the ten passengers.
- March 20, 1970: In Ethiopia, five members of a National Geographic film crew, including an American producer, were taken hostage by members of the Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement. They held the five hostages for 17 days.
- March 28, 1970: The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) fired seven rockets into the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon and into the JFK Library, also in Beirut. The PFLP later said that the attack was in retaliation for "plans of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut to foment religious strife and create civil massacres in Lebanon aimed at paralyzing the Palestine resistance movement.".
The same day, the American Insurance Company in Beirut was bombed by the PFLP.
- March 29, 1970: The U.S.-owned Medreco oil refinery near Sidon, Lebanon was bombed by the PFLP, causing little damage and no injuries. Also on this day, PFLP terrorists planted two sticks of dynamite at the rear entrance of the Kennedy Center in Beirut.
- April 15, 1970: In Jordan, the USIS Cultural Center in Amman was attacked by a large mob of angry Muslim militants. The facility was completely destroyed by fire. Next, the mob called "Fedayeen" carried out a successful assault on the U.S. Embassy in Amman, severely damaging the building.
The derivation of the "Fedayeen" term is instructive to our study. In addition to this attack in Amman, it was deployed during the initial Muslim assault on Israel, in the Iranian Islamic Revolution, and dusted off again and used during the opening days of America's March 2003 invasion of Iraq. The term dates to the 8th through 14th centuries, when Fedayeen mujahideen (holy warriors willing to sacrifice their lives) were among the most ruthless jihadists in Islam's long history of producing terrorists.
The Fedayeen were called Hashshashin, because of their habitual use of hashish. Their Islamic cleric and warlord, al-Hassan bin Sabbah, the Sheikh of Alamut, used the drug and his well-stocked brothel, to induce young Muslims to terrorize, conquer, plunder, and assassinate others on his behalf. In fact, the word "assassin" was derived by combining Hassan and Hashshashin. The drug was used to assuage their conscience and the brothel was designed to be an incentive - suggestive of the virgins in paradise that awaited fallen jihadists.
The Fedayeen were criminals and outlaws engaged in kidnap, ransom, arson, theft, the slave trade, political assassination, and mass murder in the name of Allah and Islam, making them the prototype for the Islamic terrorist organizations tormenting mankind today.
As a living example, Palestinian Muslims called themselves "Fedayeen" as early as 1948. These armed and deadly terrorists operated out of Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt. They would infiltrate Israeli towns where they would attack civilian targets. Eventually, the Fedayeen Palestinians joined al-Fatah, the PLO, and PFLP.
Starting in the early 1970s, Iranian Marxist Muslims adopted the Fedayeen (Fadayian in Persian) moniker and carried out a number of assassinations. They played a significant role in the overthrow of the Shah and the 1979 Iranian Islamic Revolution.
In Iraq in 1995, a paramilitary group composed of Sunni Muslim civilians was created called Fedayeen Saddam. It was alleged that they were loyal to Hussein and the Ba'athist Party (a Socialist/Fascist/Islamic construct), but they turned out to be good Muslims following Allah's orders and Muhammad's example.
The birth of the Palestinian-Egyptian Fedayeen dates to 1955 when Nasser escalated his importation of arms from the Soviet Union in order to build his arsenal for the eventual confrontation with Israel in 1967. In order to soften the battlefield, he employed a new tactic against the Jews. He announced it on August 31, 1955: "Egypt has decided to dispatch her heroes, the disciples of Pharaoh and the sons of Islam and they will cleanse the land of Palestine. There will be no peace on Israel's border because we demand vengeance, and vengeance is Israel's death." Nasser labeled his "heroes" a "Fedayeen." In Arabic, fedayeen means "ones who are ready to sacrifice their lives." It was the rebirth of the Islamic suicidal holy warrior.
These Fedayeen were trained and equipped by Egyptian Intelligence. They were deployed to engage in hostile action along Israel's border and to infiltrate the Jewish nation with the intent of committing acts of sabotage and mass murder.
Displaying the conniving nature of Islam, the Egyptians made sure their Fedayeen operated out of bases in Jordan, so that Jordan would bear the brunt of Israel's reprisals, which inevitably followed.
The Egyptian sponsored Fedayeen terrorist attacks violated the armistice agreement provision following Israel's victorious War of Independence that prohibited the initiation of hostilities by paramilitary forces. But since no treaty with an Islamic nation has ever been upheld by Muslims, no one should have been surprised that Nasser was so brazen in his deliberate repudiation of his own written vow. Nevertheless, it was Israel that was condemned by the UN Security Council for its counterattacks on these state-sponsored terrorists.
There is much to be learned (albeit all bad) from the founder of the Islamic Fedayeen or Hashshashin. The patriarch of Islamic terrorism was Hasan bin Sabbah, the Sheikh of Alamut. He was known as "The Old Man of the Mountain." In addition to providing a living embodiment of Muhammad's words and deeds, and thus of establishing the modern basis for Islamic terrorism, Hasan is said to have taught the Knight's Templar of Crusades how to be ruthless. His teachings were used by Adam Weishaupt as the basis of Freemasonry, as the basis of Communism, of the religion of man, Secular Humanism, and as the basis of the New World Order's master/slave fascist tyranny. Although few know the Old Man of the Mountain by name, he remains one of the most influential persons of all time.
Hasan's most famous quote reads like Allah's Qur'an and Adam Weishaupt's Order of the Illums (the basis for Communism, Socialist Secular Humanism, Freemasonry, the New World Order, and Political Correctness): "Nothing is forbidden. Everything is permitted." Weishaupt paraphrased the line with: "the end justifies the means." Communism, Fascism, Catholicism, and Islam conquer and control using this mantra.
In his 1092 medieval castle, the Eagle's Nest, perched high on the crags of the Persian mountains, Hasan, son of Sabah, Sheikh of the Mountains, and leader of the Assassins, spoke behind a veil and claimed to be the incarnation of Allah on earth. While I suppose he was demon possessed, it is certain that his Fedayeen became the embodiment of the Arabic word - the forerunners of today's Islamic suicide bombers. Hasan deployed more than 40,000 Muslim militants who were willing to commit suicide at his command. They terrorized mankind from the Caspian Sea to Egypt and were one of history's most secretive and ruthless societies.
Hasan's sect lives on in the form of the Ismailis, or Ishmaelites (a pseudonym for Muslims based upon Abraham's bastard son). But to understand the development of the Hashshashin Fedayeen in context of their time, one must recognize that Islam was born divided, with the Shia's loyal to Ali and the Sunnis supportive of the Meccan Quraysh clan. Hasan was Shia, and thus part of the minority. So in order to impose his minority's will upon the world, Hasan created the first Islamic terrorism manufacturing facility since his prophet's in Medina. His club was rife with elaborate ritual rites, all of which revolved around Muhammad, Allah, Islam, and Ali - Muhammad's adopted son and son-in-law. The purpose was world dominion.
And yet like most Muslims, including Islam's founder, Hasan was more copier than creator. He became enamored with one of Islam's most enduring associations, the Islamic Abode of Leaning in Cairo. It was there that Muslim fanatics were conditioned by political, religious, and military leaders to use cunning and terror to advance their divine mission of Islamic submission. This was no different than what is being done today in a collaborative effort between Cairo's Al Azhar University, the Muslim Brotherhood, Islamic mosques, and the Egyptian government.
As part of a student's indoctrination at the Islamic Abode of Learning, history was revised to suit the leadership's agenda and all forms of truth became the enemy of the cause. New "secrets from the sages of old" were delivered to the young inductees in degrees. During their initiation, the Fedayeen learned the cult's slogans, symbols, and signs, and they were sworn not to reveal them to the profane under penalty of decapitation. All manner of deception was deployed, leaving the Muslim stooges incapable of rational thought or of moral judgment. In this regard they became the prototype for Islamic apologists and terrorists today.
The religious dupes were told that "Islamic Imams were the successors of Muhammad," and that these damned deceivers were "the source of truth and the only conduit of knowledge and power." In the initial degrees, the Fedayeen were conditioned "to accept every saying of their Islamic guides as blessed and divinely inspired," no matter how absurd. In the third degree, the sect's inductees learned the names of the Seven Imams - secrete names whose very sound could conjure up power.
In the fourth degree, the initiate received a grotesquely twisted and demonic account of "the teachings of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, and Ishmael." It was part and parcel of the deception. In reality, everything Muhammad did and said was the antithesis of Yahweh's instructions. Adam, Noah, and Abraham conveyed no teachings apart from the example chronicled in the Torah. Moses was a great teacher, but no part of his testimony is secret. "Jesus" is represented as Issa in the Qur'an, Arabic for Esau, the person Yahweh says he hates and will destroy. The Messiah is Yahshua, the human manifestation of Yahweh, humbled Himself to save mankind, not destroy or terrorize it. Ishmael was a scoundrel who allied himself with the Babylonian sungod religion and thus Satan. As such, he was the perfect patriarch for Islam and for the Ishmaelites. The Imams even taught the young initiates that Ishmael's son was the Lord of Time, and that his duty was to give instructions to the People of Truth as the Ismailis/ Ishmaelites/Muslims/Fedayeen called themselves. This pretence gave the Caliph the power to say that his authority was bestowed by Allah.
By the fifth degree, the Islamic Abode for Learning had its Islamic coconspirators reveal the names of the seven prophets and their magical word AK-ZABT-I. The sixth degree was a test to determine if the initiate was properly indoctrinated and suitably conditioned to repel rational argument. The seventh degree unified the world, god, man, and religions as one, both creative and destructive. There was the light and dark side of the force, albeit from a rational and moral perspective, black was now white and bad was now good. All people outside of the enlightened were considered profane infidels who were not worthy of life.
Then reversing course, as is customary for all cults including mainstream religions, the Fedayeen were told that all religions, that is apart from their dogma, were fraudulent. All that mattered was the individual, and they only mattered if they were submissive to the Imam who was submissive to the Caliph. It is how Islam works today.
By the time the Muslim dupes had reached the ninth degree, the Fedayeen were too indoctrinated to recognize that they were being used. They were told that "belief was for naught," which meant that all of the secrete revelations disclosed to them were meaningless as was the Imam's alleged source of power and authority. They were told that actions were all that mattered. And the actions which mattered were those directed by the Chief or Caliph. Further, he was never to disclose the reason behind any mission.
Boys were turned into unthinking weapons. It is the story of Islam. It is the means to the madness we call terrorism. It is how Muslims are induced to become suicide bombers without asking the Islamic Imam beguiling them: "If this is such a good idea, why aren't you doing it?".
Graduates of the Egyptian Fedayeen school conquered Baghdad in 1058 CE but they were defeated by the Turks in 1123. So it was left to Hasan, son of Sabah, Sheikh of the Mountains, to insure that Islam's terrorist legacy would endure for one-thousand years. Since he prevailed, let's examine the patriarch of terror's history.
Hasan was the son of a very political, Shia Muslim who claimed to be a direct descendant of Ali, Muhammad's adopted son and son-in-law. At a young age, Hasan was enrolled in the madrassas of Imam Muwafiq, known as the kingmaker of Persia. One of Hasan's classmates, Nizam-ul-Mulk, rose to become prime minister. Nazam would later write of his pal Hasan: "I had him made minister by my strong and extravagant recommendations. Like his father, however, he proved to be a fraud, hypocrite and a self-seeking villain. He was so clever at dissimulation that he appeared to be pious when he was not, and before long he had somehow completely captured the mind of the Shah.".
Eventually, Hasan's duplicity got the best of him and he was banished from power. Spurned, the devout Muslim schemed a plan whereby young boys could be conditioned to do his bidding by way of the virginal inducements foretold in the Qur'an's paradise. But Hasan decided that it would not enough to promise paradise to people; he would actually show it to them. Hasan would create an artificial paradise, where houris/virgins played and fountains gushed with wine, and where every sensual wish was granted amid beautiful flowers and gilded pavilions. It was not unlike Muhammad, who allowed his jihadists to keep the pilfered homes, springs, date farms, and wives of his victims, turning their children into slaves and their young women into sex toys.
Hasan, who would become the reincarnation of Muhammad, and the patriarch of terror, chose a hidden valley for the site of his paradise. It was aptly described by a remarkably astute Marco Polo, who passed this way in 1271: "In a beautiful valley, enclosed between two lofty mountains, he had formed a luxurious garden stored with every delicious fruit and every fragrant shrub that could be procured. Palaces of various sizes and forms were erected in different parts of the grounds, ornamented with works of gold, with paintings and with furniture of rich silks. By means of small conduits contained in these buildings, streams of wine, milk, honey and some of pure water were seen to flow in every direction. The inhabitants of these places were elegant and beautiful damsels, accomplished in the arts of singing, playing upon all sorts of musical instruments, dancing, and especially those of dalliance and amorous allurement. Clothed in rich dresses, they were seen continually sporting and amusing themselves in the garden and pavilions, their female guardians being confined within doors and never allowed to appear. The object which the chief had in view in forming a garden of this fascinating kind was this: that Mahomet having promised to those who should obey his will the enjoyments of Paradise, where every species of sensual gratification should be found, in the society of beautiful nymphs, he was desirous of it being understood by his followers that he also was a prophet and a compeer of Mahomet , and had the power of admitting to Paradise such as he should choose to favor. In order that none without his license should find their way into this delicious valley, he caused a strong and inexpugnable castle to be erected at the opening to it, through which the entry was by a secret passage.".
Hasan began to attract young men from the surrounding countryside. The ages of his stooges, between twelve and twenty, mirror the demographics evident in today's jihadists. Like today's imams, Hasan chose those most easily transformed into killers. According to what we know of Hasan's enterprise: "Every day he held court and spoke of the delights of Paradise. At certain times, he caused draughts of soporific nature to be administered to a dozen youths, and when suitably intoxicated, he had them conveyed to apartments surrounding the garden. Upon coming to their senses they were struck by all the delightful objects, each perceiving himself surrounded by lovely damsels.".
The religious prostitutes mimicking life in Allah's heavenly brothel, were seen "singing, playing, and attracting the recruit's regards by the most fascinating caresses, serving him also with delicious viands and exquisite wines, until, intoxicated with excess and enjoyment, amidst actual rivers of milk and wine, he believed himself assuredly in Paradise, and felt an unwillingness to relinquish its delights." Every Islamic suicide bomber, bar none, is induced to kill using a word picture of this same scene, one painted by an Islamic Imam quoting Allah and Muhammad.
"When four or five days had thus been passed, they were thrown once more into a state of somnolence and carried out of the garden." As the Fedayeen awoke and were "questioned by Hasan as to where they had been, their answer was ‘in Paradise, through the favor of your highness.' Then, before the whole court who listened to them, they gave a circumstantial account of the scenes to which they had been witnesses. Hasan addressing them said: ‘We have the assurance of our Prophet that he who defends his Lord shall inherit Paradise, and if you show yourselves to be devoted to the obedience of my orders, that happy lot awaits you.'".
The Fedayeen were told that only death in the obedience of Hasan's orders could give the Key to Paradise. While Hasan was not named in the Islamic Qur'an and Hadith, his every word, promise, and description was consistent with Muhammad's testimony so they would have believed him, just as today's jihadists believe their imams. Among Muslims, the reality of the gardens, the rivers of wine, and of the houris/virgins of paradise are universally accepted - as is the path to them: dying killing Infidels.
But Muhammad's Islam is both carrot and switch. While Allah's carnal and lascivious brothel is the tease, the Qur'an's most repetitive theme is pain and punishment in Allah's hell, were the Qur'anic descriptions are vivid and sadistic. So in the ancient Art of Imposture, by Abdel-Rahman of Damascus, we discover another trick of Hasan's. "He had a deep, narrow pit sunk into the floor of his audience-chamber. One of his disciples stood in this, in such a way that his head and neck alone were visible above the floor. Around the neck was placed a circular dish in two pieces which fitted together, with a hole in the middle. This gave the impression that there was a severed head on a metal plate standing on the floor. In order to make the scene more believable, Hasan had some fresh blood poured around the head, on the plate.".
At this point, Fedayeen recruits were brought in. "‘Tell them,' commanded the chief, ‘what you hast seen.' The disembodied head then described the delights of Paradise. ‘You have seen the head of a man who died, whom you all knew. I have reanimated him to speak with his own tongue.'" Later, the talking head was "treacherously severed in earnest. It was placed were the Fedayeen would see it, and it remained for some time. The effect of this conjuring trick plus murder increased the enthusiasm for martyrdom to the required degree.".
There are many documented cases demonstrating the viciousness of the Ishmaeli Fedayeen. Henry, Count of Champagne, reported that he was traveling in 1194 through Ishmaeli territory. "The sect's chief sent some Fedayeen to salute me and beg that, on my return I would partake of the hospitality of the castle." The Count accepted the invitation. As he returned, "the Dai-el-Kebir (Great Missionary) greeted me, allowing me to view his castle and fortresses. We came at length to one of the towers which rose to an exceeding height. On each tower stood two sentinels clad in white. ‘These,' said the Chief, pointing to them, ‘obey me far better than the subjects of our Christians obey their lords.' And then at a given signal, two of them flung themselves down, and were dashed to pieces. ‘If you wish,'" said the Chief to the astonished Count, "‘all my white ones shall do the same.'" The Count candidly avowed that no Christian prince could presume to look for such obedience from his subjects. "When he was departing, with many valuable presents, the Chief said, ‘By means of these trusty servants I get rid of the enemies of our society.'" It is the purpose of suicide bombers in our day.
In his autobiography, Hassan reveals: "I was reared in the belief of the divine right of the Imams by way of my father. When I was young I met an Ismaili (Ishmaelite/Muslim) missionary, Emir Dhareb, with whom I argued strenuously against the Emir's particular form of religion. Then, some time later, I went through a bout of severe illness, in which I feared death. I began to think that the Ismaili Fedayeen doctrine, and how it might really be the road to redemption and Paradise. If I died unconverted, I might be damned. Thus it was that as soon as I recovered I sought out another Ismaili propagandist, Abu Najam, and then others. Eventually I went to Egypt, to study the creed at its headquarters.".
Hasan stated that: "I was received with honor by the Caliph, due to my former position at the Court of Malik Shah. In order to increase their own importance, the high officials of the Court made a good deal of public play of the significance of me being a new convert. But this fact seemed in the end to help me more than it did them.".
Hasan confessed: "I entered into political intrigue and was arrested, then confined in a fortress. No sooner had I entered the prison than a minaret collapsed. In some unexplained way, this was interpreted as an omen, and that I was in reality a divinely protected person. The Caliph, hurriedly offered me a number of valuable gifts. He had him put aboard a ship sailing for northwest Africa. This gave me the funds which I used to construct ‘Paradise.' And also, through some quirk of fate, the disciples whom I had sought.".
The patriarch of Islamic terrorism testified: "A tremendous storm blew up, terrifying the captain, crew and passengers alike. Prayers were held, and I was asked to join, but I refused. ‘The storm is my doing; how can I pray for it to abate? I have earned the pleasure of the Almighty Allah. If we sink, I shall not die, for I am immortal. If you want to be saved, believe in me, and I shall subdue the winds.'".
Lacking credibility, "At first the offer was not accepted. However, when the ship seemed on the point of capsizing, the desperate passengers came to me and swore eternal allegiance. I was still and calm. And I continued to act that way until the storm abated. The ship was then driven on to the coast of Syria, where I disembarked together with two passengers who became my first disciples.".
Hasan was not yet ready for the fulfillment of his destiny as he saw it. For the time being, he traveled under the guise of a missionary for the Caliph in Cairo. Leaving Syria, Hasan went to Baghdad, seeking a headquarters where he would be safe from interference and where he yet could become powerful enough to expand. It was like Osama bin Laden seeking sanctuary in the Sudan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.
As the nucleus of Islamic power, Persia provided Hasan fruitful fields from which to pluck and prepare converts to terror. Everywhere he created a devoted disciple (fidayi) he bade him to stay and enlarge the circle of followers. These gatherings became hatching-grounds for the ultimate production of "self-sacrificers," or "Fedayeen." The initiates were drawn from the ranks of the most promising Muslim boys.
One of Hasan's trusted lieutenants, Hussein Kahini, reported that in the Iraqi district there was a fortress called the Alamut, or Mountain, that was perfectly situated for proselytism and paradise. And Hussein had paved the way of acquisition by persuading the people of that place to accept Ismaili Islam.
The only obstacle was the Governor, Ali Mahdi (Guided One), who considered the Caliph of Baghdad as his spiritual and temporal Lord. To preserve his power base, Ali Mahdi had first converts to the Fedayeen expelled from the country. But soon, there were so many Ismailis among the populace that the Governor was compelled to allow all of the Ismaili Muslims to return.
It was then that Hasan decided to play a trick on the owner of Alamut. He offered Governor Ali Mahdi three thousand pieces of gold for "the amount of land which could be encompassed by the hide of an ox." When Mahdi agreed to such a sale, Hasan produced a skin cut into the thinnest possible thongs, He joined them together to form a string which encompassed the entire castle of his dreams, Alamut. Although the Governor refused to honor the deceitful bargain, Hasan then produced an order from a very highly placed official of the Seljuk Islamic rulers, ordering that the fortress be handed over to him for three thousand gold pieces. As it turned out that this Islamic official was himself a follower of the man who would be known as the Sheikh of the Mountain.
In 1090 CE, Hasan was ready for the next phase of his devilish scheme. His Fedayeen attacked and routed the troops of the Emir (Islamic Commander) who had been placed in control of the Iraqi Province. Then Hasan melded the Muslims in the surrounding districts into a devout band of mujahideen, answerable to him alone. Within two years the Vizier Nizam-ul-Mulk, Hasan's former classmate and benefactor, had been stabbed to the heart by a Fedayeen assassin sent by Hasan himself. The Emperor Malik Shah, who sent troops against Hasan, was poisoned and died. It was merely the start of what would become a thousand year reign of terror.
With the Shah's death, Persia was split up into warring factions. Only Hasan's Fedayeen Hashshashin/Assassins retained their cohesion. Within a decade they made themselves masters of all Persian Iraq. They took control of the forts throughout the empire by direct attack, poisoned dagger, and terror - by whatever means seemed expedient, because in their twisted minds, the end justified the means. The empowered and politicize Islamic religious leaders pronounced one interdict after another against their doctrines; all to no effect. Hasan's converts knew what I know, that he was preaching fundamentalist Islam, Salafi Islam, the Islam of Muhammad.
The Fedayeen saw the Sheikh of the Mountain as the living embodiment of Allah. As such they became ruthless terrorists in Allah's Cause. Rulers from Asia to Europe would be their prey, including the Crusaders. They reported: "Despite the dangers and the tortures, the Fedayeen Hashshashin/Assassins joyfully sacrificed their lives whenever it pleased their Great Master. And death became his mandate. The victim having been pointed out, the faithful, clothed in a white tunic with a red sash, the colors of innocence and blood, went on their mission without being deterred by distance or danger. Having found the person they sought, they awaited the favorable moment for slaying him, and their daggers seldom missed their aim.".
So impressed with the Fedayeen's devotion, their brutality, and their unquestioned submission to authority, the Knights Templar sought Hasan's council. The Templar's secret rites and religious practices would soon evolve to incorporate Hasan's, right down to the elevation of Muhammad as their spiritual leader and the use of satanic symbols in their worship.
Richard the Lionhearted was at one time accused of having asked the Lord of the Mountain to have Conrad of Montferrat killed. "Two assassins allowed themselves to be baptized and placing themselves beside him, seemed intent only on praying. But when the favorable opportunity presented itself, they stabbed him and took refuge in the church. But hearing that the prince had been carried off still alive, they again forced themselves into Montferrat's presence and stabbed him once again, inflicting a moral wound. The Assassins were imprisoned and tortured, but died without complaint.".
The Order of the Hashshashin/Assassins, Hasan's Fedayeen, had perfected Muhammad's method of securing the loyalty of human beings, and their willingness to sacrifice their lives in a demonic cause to an extent and scale not paralleled until the rise of OPEC fueled Islamic terrorism today. Having shown the way, Hasan became terror's patriarch.
By way of history, Hasan's Fedayeen Hashshashin fought whichever side in the Crusades served their purposes. They remained at war with the Shia Persians, many Sunni Muslims, and Infidels of all stripes including Christians. The son and successor of Nizam-al-Mulk was murdered by an Assassin dagger. The Sultan, who had succeeded his father Malik Shah and gained power over some of his territory, lashed out at the Fedayeen. He awoke one morning with a Fedayeen dagger stuck into the ground near his head. With it was a note, warning him to call off his siege of Alamut. He came to terms with the Assassins, to spare his own life. The Fedayeen were given a safe harbor and a free hand.
Hasan lived for thirty-four years after his acquisition of Alamut. While he seldom left his rendition of Muhammad's paradise, he ruled a spiritual empire as great and as fearsome as any man before him or since. And even as his death approached, he laid the foundation for the perpetual continuance of the Order of the Assassins, of the Fedayeen, whom we know today as Islamic terrorists.
- April 15, 1970: The Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement kidnapped Jack Fry, a Peace Corps official, and his wife, from a train traveling through Ethiopia. They were held for five days and released.
- April 21, 1970: A Philippine Air Lines Hawker Siddeley 748 crashed near Manila after a bomb exploded in the aft cargo hold. The crash killed all 36 passengers and crew.
- April 25, 1970: In Turkey, a bomb exploded in the El Al Israeli Airlines office in Istanbul.
- April 28, 1970: A small group of young Muslim men attacked a U.S. AID warehouse on the outskirts of Ankara, Turkey. They cut the barbed wire to allow entry to the grounds and used Molotov cocktails to destroy equipment and vehicles. They also shot at the night watchman.
- May 4, 1970: In Asuncion, Paraguay, Palestinian Muslims murdered the wife of an Israeli diplomat when they gunned her down inside the Israeli embassy. In the assault, the jihadists seriously wounded an embassy employee. It was the first of many anti-Semitic acts conducted in Roman Catholic South America. The two Muslim murderers served just three years in jail for their crime. They were both members of Yasser Arafat's al-Fatah.
- May 5, 1970: In Pakistan, a bomb exploded directly in front of the door to the USIS library in Dacca, injuring a library patron.
- May 8, 1970: Yasser Arafat's Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) terrorists attacked an Israeli school bus with bazooka fire, killing nine children and three teachers. The victims were from Moshav Avivim.
Yes, indeed, the smart thing to do is to reward these mass-murderering Muslims by giving them their own nation. Let's call it: "The Land of Terror.".
- May 10, 1970: In Switzerland, a bomb exploded in the baggage compartment of an Iberian Air Lines DC9 in Geneva. Somewhat civil terrorists, they provided a warning and all passengers and crew were removed from the plane before the blast destroyed the multimillion dollar jet.
The same day in the United Kingdom, a firebomb was found in a suitcase on board a loaded Iberia Air Lines plane headed for Spain. Fortunately, the bomb was defused.
In the Netherlands, a firebomb that was to have been planted on board an Iberia Air Lines plane also bound for Spain but it exploded prematurely inside of the Amsterdam airport.
In Germany, a fourth firebomb, this one also destined for an Iberia Air Lines plane bound for Spain, exploded in the Frankfurt Airport.
- May 10, 1970: Two hand grenades were thrown at a security post adjacent to the residence of the U.S. ambassador in Beirut, injuring one of the guards.
- May 10, 1970: In Jordan, Palestinian Muslims targeted a U.S. military attaché in Amman, assassinating him at pointblank range in his home.
- May 22, 1970: In Israel, Muslim militants crossed the border from Lebanon and fired three bazooka shells into a school bus. This time Islam killed eight children and wounded 22 more.
- May 30, 1970: In Italy, an Alitalia DC9 flying from Genoa to Rome was hijacked by a young Italian Muslim armed with a toy pistol. He diverted the plane and its thirty-five passengers to Cairo. He forced the pilot to change course twice during the incident. He said that he was protesting against Israel's actions in the Middle East.
- June 6, 1970: A bomb was found in the USIS Thomas Jefferson Cultural Center in Manila. It was defused. However, another bomb exploded in the music library of the center.
- June 7, 1970: Once again, Palestinian Muslims in Jordan assaulted American citizens. This time it was captain Robert Potts, a U.S. military advisor, and his wife. They were slightly wounded by attacker's gunfire after their car was stopped in an ambush in Amman.
The same day, members of the PFLP kidnapped Morris Draper, a U.S. political secretary, in Amman. His release was negotiated by the host government.
- June 9, 1970: In Iran, the Tehran offices of El Al were bombed.
- June 9, 1970: In Jordan, members of the PFLP held 60 foreigners hostage in two Amman hotels following an armed assault on the two buildings. They threatened to blow up the two hotels if PFLP camps in Jordan were bombed by Jordanian Army units. The Jordanian government gave its word and the hostages were released unharmed three days later. Three months later, the Jordanian Army would bomb the Palestinian refugee camps.
- June 9, 1970: PLO terrorists failed in their plot to assassinate Jordanian King Hussein. Approximately 70% of Jordanians consider themselves Palestinians, and yet the dictatorial monarchy is not. So there is a Palestinian state, and thus no need to carve up Israel.
- June 10, 1970: In Jordan, Palestinian Muslims murdered Major Robert Perry, an American military advisor, in his Amman home. What do you suppose America was doing supporting the dictatorial and repressive Islamic regime in Jordan?
- June 11, 1970: Recognizing that there was a connection between Qadhafi's Islam, OPEC, and terrorism, the U.S. evacuated its bases in Libya.
- June 22, 1970: An American citizen with an Albanian passport hijacked a Pan American Airways jet bound from Beirut to New York, and ordered the plane flown to Cairo.
- July 2, 1970: Members of a Communist Latin America terrorist organization called Revolutionary Force Seven, perpetrated a number of South American Embassy bombings in Washington today without casualty.
- July 11, 1970: In Lebanon, rockets were fired from a nearby apartment into the home of Dr. Wadi Elias Hadad, second in command of the PFLP and founder of the Arab Nationalist Movement. Four people were injured in the assassination attempt, which Hadad believed was sponsored by U.S. and Israeli intelligence. If it were true, it would have been a worthy endeavor.
- July 22, 1970: The Palestinian Popular Struggle Front, a PLO affiliate, hijacked an Olympic Airlines jet from Athens to Beirut, Lebanon. The Islamic terrorists commandeered the Boeing 727 airliner over Rhodes and ordered it flown to Cairo. They demanded the release of seven other Islamic terrorists being held by the Greek government for the attack on an El Al Israel Airlines airliner on December 26th, 1968, for an attempted hijacking of a TWA airplane on December 24th, 1969, and for an attack on the El Al Israel Airlines office in Athens on November 27th, 1969.
With the International Red Cross acting as intermediary, the Greek government promised to release the prisoners within one month, and so the 55 passengers and crew of the Olympic Airways plane were released with the Palestinian Popular Struggle Front basking in glory. Officials in Cairo welcomed the six hijackers and praised their determination to free their colleagues.
The Greek government went ahead with the trial of two of the Islamic terrorists whose release had been agreed. The other five had already been convicted. They were found guilty and sentenced to prison terms totaling more than 29 years, but were freed on August 12 according to the agreement made with the hijackers.
The Palestinian Popular Struggle Front (PSF) was a newcomer on the Palestinian terrorist scene. Originally founded as an ideological splinter group of al-Fatah, and thus the PLO, the PSF re-joined and then split again from al-Fatah and the PLO many times since its inception in 1967. The PSF's original leaders were Dr. Samir Ghosheh (Ghawshah) and Bahjat Abu Gharbiah, who founded the group in the West Bank before the 1967 War.
Headquartered in Amman, Jordan, Beruit, Lebanon and in Damascus, Syria, the group's most infamous act was mediating by way of a hijacking, the release of PSF member Mildos Elias Dergarabedian, who carried out the group's earlier attack on Israeli Airline El Al's offices in Athens. A hero in the world of Islam, Mildos became a member of the Jordanian parliament.
Elias Dergarbedian was responsible for the PSF's 1969 grenade attack on an El Al office in which a young child was killed. Arrested after the attack, his release was negotiated by this Olympic Airways' hijacking. Dergarbedian, an Armenian, entered the United States using his Arabic name, "Mildos." He was arrested, but rather than serving jail time for his murder and subsequent Egyptian-sponsored hijacking, he was deported back to Greece in 1979. A lot of good that did; they had already freed him.
Samir Ghawshah, who was one of the founders of the Palestinian Struggle Front, allied himself with Yasser Arafat and al-Fatah. He is still a fixture on the Palestinian political scene and has served in several positions for the Palestinian Authority including as Minister for Jerusalem Affairs and as a member of the PLO's Executive Council.
- July 23, 1970: Sultan Qabus bin Said overthrew his father in Oman in a coup. This was symbolic of how power would change hands in the Islamic Middle East for decades to come.
- August 31, 1970: In Turkey, a U.S. Air Force facility in Ankara was bombed.
- August 31, 1970: In the Netherlands, thirty-two armed Amboinese Muslim youths seized the Hague residence of the Indonesian ambassador. They killed a guard in the attack and held the family hostage, demanding the independence of the South Moluccan Islands. These terrorists were a forerunner of the Islamic Free Aceh Movement.
- September 1, 1970: Palestinian terrorists tried once again to assassinate minority dictator, King Hussein, by firing on his motorcade as it passed through Amman, Jordan.
- September 5, 1970: Jordanian Palestinian terrorists kidnapped Staff Sergeant Ervin Graham, an American soldier assigned to the U.S. defense attache's office in Amman. He was held eight days by the Islamic guerrillas, during which time he was interrogated and harassed.
- September 6, 1970: A TWA Boeing 707 from Frankfurt, Germany, a Pan-Am Boeing 747 from Amsterdam, an El Al Boeing 707 also from Amsterdam, and a Swissair DC-8 flight from Zurich, carrying a combined total of 400 passengers were hijacked by the Muslim militant organization called the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). All three airliners were bound for New York.
The attack on the Israeli El Al Boeing 707 was thwarted because the flight crew was armed. They shot one hijacker dead as he tossed a live grenade down the aisle. The passengers and crew members overpowered the other hijacker, beating her as she tried to remove grenades from her bra. Both Muslim militants were armed with pistols in addition to the grenades. The plane landed safely at London Heathrow. The wounded hijacker was Leila Khaled, who had participated in the hijacking of a TWA 707 to Syria on August 29, 1969.
The other three flights were diverted to Islamic safe-havens in the Middle East. The TWA Boeing 707 flight en route from Frankfurt was forced to land at Dawson Field, a landing strip near Zarya in Jordan. In honor of the Muslim hijackers, it has since been renamed "Revolution Airport." The Swissair DC-8 en route from Zurich was also forced down in Dawson Field, Jordan.
The Pan American 747 was first ordered to Zarya, Jordan but the strip was too short for the wide-bodied jet so the terrorists opted for Beirut, Lebanon and then Cairo, Egypt where it was blown up a few minutes after the passengers and crew were evacuated. But not everyone escaped injury. Four American citizens were brutalized by the Palestinians.
In exchange for the freedom of the hostages, the Palestinians asked for and were granted, the release of all their jailed comrades imprisoned in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and West Germany. West Germany immediately agreed to release the prisoners, but later reversed its position in favor of a joint international effort to free all the passengers.
The PFLP then blew up all four of the planes. In their press release following the hijackings, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine said that the civilian aircraft had been destroyed to punish America for supplying arms to Israel and for its peace initiatives in the Middle East.
Leila Khaled, a Palestinian hijacker named after Muhammad's most brutal terrorist, the one famed for murdering civilians, especially women and children, said: "We were surprised that the crew was armed." Had America paid attention to what had stopped these Muslim militants from hijacking this plane on 9/6/1970, 9/11/2001 would never have happened. Those who don't learn from history get clobbered by its repetition. We will examine this hijacking in greater detail in 1973 as the plot swirls around PFLP terrorist, Carlos the Jackal, currently a novice.
Miss Khaled, and six other Palestinian Muslim militants, held in Briton, Germany, and Switzerland, were freed 24 days later. Collectively, these murdering Muslims had been responsible for the 12/26/1968 El Al in Athens hijacking resulting in one death, the 11/27/1969 El Al hijacking again in Athens resulting in a small child being killed and 13 wounded, and the 12/21/1969 foiled hijacking in Athens.
Khaled, herself, had been one of the hijackers on TWA flight 840 in August of 1969 that was taken to Syria. During a BBC interview nine months before Islamic 9/11/2001 hijackings, the murdering Khaled was asked about the benefit of terrorizing the British government into capitulating. She said: "Our successful tactic of hijacking and imposing our demands, gave us the confidence and courage to continue the armed struggle because we knew we could achieve our goals." Her goal was and is to terrorize the West into submission, better known as Islam.
On September 9, the PFLP hijacked a BOAC VC-10 from Bombay, India and also had it flown to Dawson Field in Jordan, bringing the total number of hostages held in the desert to 300. Negotiations to free them were complicated by the outbreak of fighting between Jordanian troops and Palestinians in Jordanian refugee camps.
On September 12, the last of the passengers were evacuated and the three remaining planes were blown up. Most of the passengers were released, but the PFLP continued to hold 58 hostages in order to exert pressure on the European governments to free all of the convicted Islamic terrorists they were holding. Since the West acquiesced to Islam, all hostages were released on September 25, 26, and 29. Then on September 29th, the Swiss government announced that the British, Swiss and West German governments would free seven Islamic terrorists (although they called them "Arab guerillas") when the last six hostages, who were American citizens, had left Jordan. The seven prisoners were released and flown to Cairo on September 30.
Twenty-five persons who were held hostage for 22 days reached a combined $370,000 out-of-court settlement with TWA whose 707 jet was one of the planes hijacked. It was as if the airline, and not Islam were to blame. The attorney for the plaintiffs said, "It is one of the first cases where an airline accepted responsibility for recovery for mental anguish suffered by passengers in hijacking cases." Actually, it was the first sign that America had lost its moral compass and was no longer able to define its enemy or to correctly assess blame.
- September 8, 1970: In Greece, two members of the Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement attempted to hijack an Ethiopian airliner in Athens, but they were foiled by security guards.
- September 11, 1970: In India, a fifth jetliner, a BOAC VC-10, from Bombay to Beirut carrying 150 passengers, was hijacked by the PFLP sympathizer. The plane was also flown to Zarqa, Jordan. The passengers were held hostage pending the release of Miss Khaled from Briton and six other sub-human species. Once they were freed, the plane was blown up. No Islamic country has ever built an airplane, but their citizens became quite apt at destroying them. (See the September 6, 1970 review for more information.).
- September 11, 1970: In Jordan. John Stewart, the U.S. Cultural Affairs Adviser, was kidnapped by the PLO. He was interrogated and then released. Simultaneously, Sergeant Graham of the USDAO was kidnapped and questioned for eight days.
- September 12, 1970: In the United Kingdom, members of the JDL (Jewish Defense League) in London announced that they had kidnapped three employees of the Egyptian embassy and would hold them hostage until the airline passengers held in Jordan (See the September 6, 1970 hijacking incident) were released.
- September 16, 1970: In what was justified as retaliation for the plane hijackings the week before, but was actually a response to the three assassination attempts on the Jordanian King Hussein's life, the Islamic nation's Army attacked Palestinian communities within the kingdom. Since most Jordanian Arabs (70% of the total population) were related to those who call themselves "Palestinians," and since the ruling monarchy wasn't among them, this was a preemptive strike designed to keep the majority population subservient to the Hashemite minority. The armed assault on Palestinian refugee camps and communities would continue through July of 1971.
Initially, way back in 1968, only months after a second swarm of Palestinian refugees had arrived en masse, King Hussein ordered them to surrender their weapons, not recognizing that an assault rifle was as dear to a good Muslim as is their Qur'an. Then, being a duplicitous hypocrite, Hussein secretively arranged for the Israeli Defense Forces to enter Karameh on March 21, 1968, knowing that it was Muslim militant central. The IDF jumped at the chance, knowing that it was an opportunity to rid the world of the terrorist menace which had been tormenting them. After all, Arafat's Fatah had just bombed an Israeli school bus, shattering the lives of its children. (See March 18 and 21, 1968).
But the attack against Fatah was unsuccessful because it was impossible to tell a good Palestinian from a bad one. Islamic terrorists are civilians and they don't wear uniforms. Moreover, Yasser Arafat, the king of terror, was tipped off and escaped during the night.
King Hussein allegedly ordered his forces not to intervene, but when the IDF started to withdraw, after killing 150 jihadists and capturing 150 more, Jordanian General Haditha engaged, inflicting serious casualties on the unsuspecting Israelis. A total of 29 IDF soldiers were killed by the disingenuous Jordanians and 70 were wounded. While Arafat was in hiding, and while the PLO was immaterial to the battle, Karameh became a public relations coup for Fatah and Company, adding to their prestige in the Islamic world - and thus to more OPEC funding and Soviet munitions. Arafat held his coming out party - dominating the cover of Time Magazine. He called the slaughter of his militants a "Great Palestinian Victory." Under Saudi, Kuwaiti, and Egyptian pressure, Ahamd Shukeiri resigned as the head of the PLO in July, allowing the Islamic world to crown Fatah's Arafat king. As such, King Hussein now has a rival to his throne.
Through acts of terror, Arafat saw to it that the Jordanian Army and police lost their authority. PLO militants replaced them, becoming the most powerful force in the region - even forcing the Jordanians to pay their taxes to them. It was then that King Hussein negotiated a seven-point agreement with the Palestinians. Arafat, being a Muslim and seeing Hussein as an infidel, reneged on his agreement and acted like he was the king. Over the next nine months, Islam's prince conducted more than 500 violent raids against Jordanians in a reign of terror, kidnappings, extortion, and assassinations. This led Jordan's Chief of the Royal Court to proclaim: "Palestinian Fedayeen have killed soldiers, beheaded them, and played soccer with their heads in front of their families." Jordanian soldiers were ritualistically murdered by slowly hammering nine-inch spikes into their heads.
The PLO extorted money from merchants at gunpoint under the claim that they were donations to the Palestinian cause. All the while, Allah's little helpers continued to terrorize Israel, launching their attacks from Jordanian soil.
So it was that in February 1970 that King Hussein visited with President Richard Nixon and Egyptian President Nasser (not knowing that Nasser had created the PLO and has deployed the Fedayeen) or that Nixon was no less a crook than Arafat. Upon his return, Hussein published a ten-point edict restricting the affairs of Palestinian organizations, specifically the Fedayeen, Fatah, PLO, and PFLP. But the following day, a riot broke out in Amman, resulting in a deadly clash between Jordanian forces and jihadists. After 300 had died, the hypocritical, self-serving Hussein, trying to preserve his life, announced: "We are all fedayeen." Then in the next breath, he fired his Interior Minister who was hostile towards the Palestinian majority.
This only emboldened the real Fedayeen, who patrolled the streets, weapons at their side. Therefore in July, Egypt and Jordan officially accepted the U.S.-backed Rogers Plan that became famous as manifest in the morally and intellectually bankrupt United Nations Security Council Resolution 242. Had it been enforced, it would have returned the West Bank to Jordanian control and Gaza to Egypt. For this reason, it was unacceptable to Arafat, the Fedayeen, Fatah, the PLO, and PFLP. Arafat was king and didn't want to live under the authority of Egypt or Jordan. He wanted Israel destroyed and every Jew dead.
Unwilling to submit to his dictatorial rule, the minority despot, King Hussein, declared war on the Palestinian majority. In the months that followed, his troops killed more than two thousand Palestinians.
That brings us to September 1st, where several assassination attempts by Fedayeen militants failed to take King Hussein's life. This was followed by the destruction of several airliners in Jordan following hijackings by PFLP terrorists. After filming the explosion of the Swiss Air, TWA, and British Airways jets, the Palestinians announced that Irbid, Jordan was now a "liberated region.".
On September 16th, the dictatorial minority king declared martial law. The next day, Jordanian tanks attacked PLO strongholds in Amman and Palestinian communities in Irbid - Jordan's second largest city located 40 miles north of Amman. Then King Hussein stormed into the civilian centers of Salt, Sweileh, and Zarqa, guns blazing. The bodies of dead Palestinians filled the streets.
It was then that the head of a Pakistani training mission to Jordan, Brigadier General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, the future dictator of Pakistan, and prime terrorist benefactor, took command of Jordan's armed assault on the Palestinians. He was assisted by Iraqi forces which were still in Jordan following the defeat during the Six-Day War. Armored troops and tanks conducted house to house raids, searching for Palestinian Fedayeen, Fatah, and PLO militants - who were obviously indistinguishable for ordinary Jordanian citizens. So the killing became indiscriminate.
Worried that his neighboring fiefdoms would sense his vulnerability, King Hussein asked America to prevent Syria from attacking him. The U.S. asked Israel to fly fighters low over Palestine Liberation Army tanks which had been dispersed from Syria, causing them to withdraw. Nixon then sent the USS Guam Carrier Battle Group into the region and positioned the U.S. Sixth Fleet off the coast of Israel and Jordan, enabling Jordan's slaughter of Palestinians to go on unencumbered by external distractions.
As the massacre continued, King Hussein, and Arafat, the king of terror, met in Cairo under the auspices of the Arab League. On September 27th they signed an agreement in which both sides, the Palestinian Fedayeen-Fatah-PLO and the Kingdom of Jordan, were considered equals. Hussein, under the heavy hand of Islam, was forced to acknowledge the right of Palestinian organizations to operate in Jordan. And that was because the Fedayeen had become weapons of war - the point of the Muslim sword being thrust at Israel.
However, as fate would have it, Nasser, the Lion of Egypt, the founder of the PLO and modern incarnation of the Fedayeen, died of a heart attack on September 28th. Without their state-sponsored benefactor, Fatah's Fedayeen were vulnerable. Ignoring his written vow the day before, King Hussein continued the assault on the Palestinian majority.
The Jordanian regime would not allow independent press accounts, so no one will ever know how many Palestinian civilians were killed as the Jordanian military began shelling refugee camps. Estimates for the carnage rage between 5,000 to 20,000 for the Black_September assault and the civil war which followed. If either figure is accurate, the Arab Muslim dictator killed more "Palestinians" in a single conflict than Israelis have in forty years. Egypt's state-controlled Voice of the Arabs called it a "genocide.".
The Jordanian army ruthlessly drove the PLO/PFLP sympathizers out of Jordan into Beirut, Lebanon. This act tangibly revealed that Islamic regimes in the Middle East actually despise the so-called Palestinian people and only support the PLO, PFLP, PA, HAMAS, Hizballah, Islamic Jihad, and Fatah, so long as their members don't live in their midst, and so long as they hunt and kill Americans and Jews.
The redeployed Palestinian refugees immediately destabilized Lebanon, ultimately destroying it. This period in PLO/PFLP history is called "Black_September." Many would die at the hand of those who used "Black_September" as their calling card.
Islamic governments simply call the slaughter of thousands of Palestinians by Jordan "a regrettable event." And that's because, Egypt, Syria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, and Iraq had invested considerable crude assets into the formation of the PLO, Fatah, and the PFLP.
And in the wake of the genocide, Syria became unstable. Hafez al-Assad led a coup d'etat that doomed Muslims in his realm to live hellish lives in submission for decades to come.
Fatah members established Black_September in the aftermath of the Jordanian attack. They would become some of the most repulsive Muslims whoever lived.
- September 18, 1970: In Jordan, the U.S. AID office in Amman was burned, and the U.S. Embassy received sniper fire.
- Late September, 1970: In Jordan, the terrorist organization known as Black_September was formed. An outgrowth of Arafat's Fatah, the Arab League's PLO, and Egypt's Fedayeen, they claimed to be descendants of Hasan's Hashshashin/Assassins of Persian and Crusade infamy.
While the exact date of the ghoulish club's founding is suspect, what is clear is that Black_September is best known for the kidnap and murder of eleven Jewish athletes during the September 1972 Munich Olympic Games. But that was hardly their only crime against mankind.
In his book Stateless, Salah Khalaf, Arafat's security chief and founding member of al-Fatah, wrote: "Black_September was not a terrorist organization, but was rather an auxiliary unit of the resistance movement, at a time when the latter was unable to fully realize its military and political potential. The members of the BSO always denied any ties between their organization and Fatah or the PLO." But Salah Khalaf's confusing claim was confounded by Muhammad Daoud Oudeh, a senior Black_September leader as well as a senior leader in the PLO. In his 1972 article in the Jordanian Al-Dustur, he said: "There is no such organization as Black_September. Fatah announces its own operations under this name so that Fatah will not appear as the direct executor of the mission.".
Most Black_September operatives were Muslims who had assumed residence in other countries, especially Europe. They were composed of Islamic students, teachers, and diplomats. At the time, the BSO served as a relief valve for jihadists who were impatient with the Fatah/PLO approach of blending politics, religion, money-making schemes, and terror. They were the purest forum for the wares of the fedayeen. As a result, Black_September became uncontrollable. The PLO shut the organization down in the fall of 1973. Arafat said that he wanted to withdraw from perpetrating acts of terror abroad so that he could concentrate on tormenting Jews.
- October 2, 1970: In Turkey, an explosive device was detonated outside the U.S. Air Force commissary in Izmir. A second bomb consisting of seven sticks of dynamite was found outside the military store.
- October 3, 1970: In Ankara, Turkey, a bomb was thrown into the USIS offices. The same day, the U.S. CENTO headquarters in Ankara was attacked.
- October 6, 1970: A bomb failed to detonate under the vehicle of a member of the U.S. Air Force near his Ankara, Turkey apartment.
- October 6, 1970: In the United States, a pipe bomb exploded in the New York City office of the Palestine Liberation Organization. There was minor damage but no injuries.
- October 6, 1970: In the United Kingdom, two packages with grenades inside and addressed to the Embassy of Israel and the El Al office in London were found in the BOAC London office.
- October 9, 1970: An Iranian airliner was hijacked to Baghdad by Islamic terrorists seeking the release of 21 jihadists held in Iranian jails.
- November 2, 1970: In Iran, the U.S. Ambassador evaded a kidnap attempt. At least one shot was fired at the ambassador, and an axe was hurled through the rear window of his limousine.
- November 2, 1970: In Pakistan, the Polish deputy foreign minister was assassinated in Karachi by a Muslim militant who drove a truck into a reception line at the airport. Four people were killed and ten more were injured in the attack.
- November 6, 1970: In Israel, a bomb exploded in the central bus station in Tel Aviv. A explosion followed twenty minutes later. Two people were killed and thirty-four were wounded in the terrorist act attributed to al-Fatah.
On November 8th, Abu Iyad of Fatah issued a statement in Amman saying that the twin suicide bombings were "the start of more and bigger operations within our occupied homeland.".
Al-Fatah, a vocalized acronym for "the victorious conquest," was one of many bastard children of the Muslim Brotherhood. Its principle founder, Yasser Arafat, became an active member of the Muslim Brotherhood while attending King Faud University in Cairo, Egypt. He dropped out of school early to fight in Allah's Cause during the 1948 Israeli War of Independence.
The terrorist organization and Marxist Muslim political party taunts a logo which contains two crossed assault rifles superimposed on the entire land of Israel covered in Islamic green. There are also Qur'anic slogans slathered on the graphic depiction of their mission encouraging jihad. Today, al-Fatah conducts its terrorist missions under the name al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades. If Fatah were Nazism, al-Aqsa Martyrs would be the SS.
In addition to Yasser Arafat, Fatah was founded in Kuwait by four other Marxist Muslim terrorists in 1959: Khalil El-Wazir, Salah Khalaf, Khalid al-Hasan, and Faruk Qaddumi. Their initial funding came exclusively from the Kuwaiti OPEC emirs but over time Fatah was financed by Egypt, the USSR's KGB, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Syria. The original ideology of Fatah utterly rejected the legitimacy of Israel and espoused violence as a means to drive all Jews out of greater Palestine - which they considered to be all of Israel.
Fatah's first six years were secretive as the aspiring terrorist organization solicited funding from OPEC, training from the KGB, and weapons from surrounding Islamic governments. In the power vacuum that followed the Islamic defeat in the 1967 Islamic-Israeli War, Fatah offered a ray of hope in the blackness of Islam.
Fatah's first "successful" terrorist raid was in 1968 when their members bombed an Israeli school bus. While they suffered a horrendous defeat in the retaliatory strike which followed, and had to be rescued by the Jordanians, a Time Magazine cover story on Yasser Arafat and Fatah vaulted the Muslim murderer to international acclaim.
In 1969, Fatah aligned itself with the PLO, establishing themselves as the dominant faction within the Palestinian Liberation Organization. Arafat was appointed head of the PLO because his bombing of the Israeli school bus and resulting retaliatory skirmish had swelled his ranks with aspiring jihadists and filled his pockets with OPEC ooze. And so it was, from that point on Fatah and the PLO became synonymous.
Unable to stand up to the Israelis, the Islamic terrorist who made a career of using Muslim boys to bomb Jewish women and children, operated out of Jordan where he was protected by the Kingdom's army. But rotten fish stink and the murdering Palestinians wore out their welcome. In September 1970, the PLO/Fatah was expelled violently from Jordan in what became known as the Black_September assault. The Jordanian government killed as many as 20,000 Palestinian refugees in one month - many times more Palestinians than have been killed by the IDF over the past 60 years in Israel's defensive war against Islamic terrorism.
The Islamic terrorist organization known as Black_September, famous for the massacre of Jewish athletes at the Munich Olympic Games, was simply another name for al-Fatah and the PLO.
There is a lesson here, one that is well known in Islamic circles and yet ignored in the West. No one likes the so-called Palestinians. This is why they remain refugees in Islamic countries like Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan, and why they are not integrated into their societies. It is why Jordan expelled them and why Egypt wouldn't take Gaza back when the Jews offered it to them along with the Sinai. The Palestinian Cause is touted only because it is anti-Semitic and thus consistent with Islam. If the Palestinians were not a thorn in Israel's side, no one would know of them or care about them. The problem of the "Palestinians" will never be resolved because no matter what is given to them, they will continue to be used as human weapons to injure Jews.
Following the PLO/Fatah's, now Black_September's, deadly expulsion from Jordan, the terrorist organization operated out of Lebanon, corrupting that nation and instigating a ruthless civil war in which tens of thousands of additional people died. Booted out of Lebanon, the PLO/Fatah were forced to disperse throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Yet despite Fatah's shifting bases, it consistently carried out attacks against Israeli targets in the Middle East and Western Europe.
As part of the 1993 Oslo Accords between Israel and the Palestinians, Fatah recognized a reduced the state of Israel and allegedly renounced terrorism in exchange for autonomy over Muslim majority regions. However, Fatah inspired terrorism increased, proving that Muslims, like Marxists cannot be trusted. Further, the PLO never renounced its ambition to wipe the nation of Israel off the map. An amendment was proposed but never ratified. And even if the charter had been amended, it wouldn't have mattered. While Islamic voices are shrill, their actions speak louder than their words.
The Fatah/PLO became the Palestinian Authority with Arafat acting as dictator following Oslo. During his reign he personally stole $900,000,000 that was ostensibly provided to benefit the people he was abusing. During this time, the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a Fatah subsidiary, became one of the world's most lethal terrorist organizations. Having personally met with al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades terrorists, I can confirm that they took their orders from Arafat, that they existed to kill Jews, and that they were trained, funded, and armed by the United States. If you'd like to familiarize yourself with this unpleasant reality, read the title chapter of Tea With Terrorists - free at the www.ProphetOfDoom.net site.
You can read more about Fatah's early years and about its founder Yasser Arafat by going to March 21, 1968 in the Islamic Terrorism Timeline. To learn more about Arafat's sister organization, the PLO, visit the Palestinian Liberation Organization listing in this appendix on Islamic Terror Clubs.
- November 13, 1970: King Assad, one of many Marxist Muslims, assumed power in Syria following the Black_September Palestinian revolt in Jordan. A Ba'ath Party, or Socialist operative, Assad, out of financial necessity, allied his fiefdom with Iran following the Islamic revolution that ousted the Shah. Syria, as a result of this alliance, would serve as a land-bridge from Iran to Israel, one completed when the United States invasion of Iraq transferred control of Iraq to the Iranian clerics.
- November 21, 1970: In Turkey, dynamite was detonated outside the U.S. Embassy in Ankara.
- November 22, 1970: In the Philippines, a bomb exploded outside USIS Thomas Jefferson Cultural Center in Quezon City.
- November 25, 1970: In the United States, a ten-inch pipe bomb exploded in the New York City offices of Aeroflot. The JDL was condemned by American pro-Soviet anti-Semites. Rabbi Meir Kahane, the group's leader, said that no one in his organization was involved. For just reasons, he concluded by saying that he "heartily applauded" the attack.
- November 27, 1970: In Turkey, three bombs exploded in the U.S. officer's mess hall in Ankara. Three other bombs detonated at the U.S. military annex, also in Ankara.
- December 6, 1970: In Malaysia, three shots were fired into the home of a U.S. Army officer in Kuala Lumpur.
- December 24, 1970: In Turkey, two Ankara University Islamic students were apprehended while they were trying to dynamite the U.S. Air Force Tuslog Detachment in Ankara.
- December 29, 1970: Two policemen outside the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey were wounded when fired upon by Muslim militants driving past them.