Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- January 2, 1983: An assassination attempt was carried out inside the al-Jalil refugee camp near Ba'Labakk, Lebanon. The target was a member of the Fatah Central Committee, as well as several senior leaders of the Fatah movement.
- January 5, 1983: In Afghanistan, 16 Soviet advisors were kidnapped during a bus ride through Mazar-i-Sharif, a provincial capital 35 miles south of the Soviet border. A month later, rescuers were able to free 12 of the Russians. The remaining four hostages had been mutilated and murdered by their Muslim mujahideen captures. Two American-sponsored and Pakistani controlled Afghan jihad groups claimed responsibility for the kidnapping, mutilations, and murders.
- January 11, 1983: The PLO claimed responsibility for a grenade attack on a Tel Aviv bus. Their press release said that the operation had resulted in the killing or wounding of all of the Israeli soldiers who were riding on the bus. An Israeli spokesman however, said that there were no soldiers on the civilian bus and that 12 civilian passengers, mostly women and children, were injured.
- January 13, 1983: In Cyprus, a Lebanese merchant of Armenian descent was shot and seriously wounded while getting out of his car to enter his house. Of the four Arab Muslims who perpetrated the attack, three were arrested and then released.
- January 13, 1983: In Malaysia, the Soviet Embassy was attacked. The International Muslim Brotherhood Organization claimed responsibility for the shooting. The group said, "Get out of Afghanistan or the next time we will kill the ambassador and the embassy employees.".
- January 21, 1983: Nine pipe bombs were removed from an Armenian bakery in Anaheim, California after the detonator from one of the bombs malfunctioned and caused a fire.
- January 24, 1983: Muslims assaulted the hotel where Lebanese-Israeli-U.S. negotiations were being conducted in the Beirut suburb of Khaldah.
- January 27, 1983: Shortly before midnight bombs destroyed the New Delhi offices of Iraq Airlines.
- January 28, 1983: A small car bomb was detonated in the basement of a building used to store ammunition for the Al Fatah headquarters of the PLO in Lebanon. Nearly 50 people died in the explosion. In phone calls to Beirut news organizations, the Front to Liberate Lebanon from Foreigners claimed responsibility. However, no members of the FLLF were ever identified, arrested, or convicted of anything at any time, leading experts to think violence attributed to them by anonymous callers was really the work of rival Sunni-Shia organizations. Moreover, what were the offices of a "political party" doing with an ammunition dump of sufficient quantity to kill 50 people?
- January 29, 1983: A rocket-propelled grenade struck a troop truck of a French military contingent serving the United Nations, wounding one French soldier.
- February 1, 1983: Two Soviet experts were assassinated on the Euphrates Dam road in Syria. Syrian authorities had taken precautions against the Palestinians who they suspected. They have imposed strict restrictions on the movements of the Palestinians in Syria and banned their travel except by special permit from the Interior Ministry. And the world condemns Israel for taking less restrictive precautions.
- February 4, 1983: A bomb destroyed the offices of the Syrian Arab News Agency, SANA. A group calling themselves "Martyrs of Saad Sayel," also known as Abul Walid, a PLO military commander killed in central Lebanon several months ago, phoned a news agency in Bahrain to claim responsibility.
- February 5, 1983: A car-bomb started a fire in the "Palestine Research Center" and the Libyan Embassy, killing 20 people and wounding 136.
- February 15, 1983: A bomb exploded at the offices of Iraqi Airways in Thailand, causing extensive damage. It was the second attack on Iraqi facilities in Bangkok in three months.
- February 15, 1983: Islamic jihadists attacked an Israeli patrol at the southern approach of Sidon, firing rockets and killing three IDF soldiers.
- February 22, 1983: In Pakistan, several French citizens were killed in a series of bomb blasts, including the French General Consul in Karachi. An explosion hit the Air France booking office in a Holiday Inn. Another bomb blasted the Air France Cargo office. One was detonated in the Alliance Francaise cultural center in Karachi.
The Iraqi Mujahideen claimed responsibility for assaulting the French targets in Pakistan and said that it would continue to attack French interests all over the world as long as France supported Iraq in its war against Iran.
- February 26, 1983: In Marseille, France, a bomb was discovered which had been set to explode during Jewish festivities for Purim.
- February 28, 1983: One person was killed and four others were wounded in an explosion at a Turkish tourism agency in France. Twenty minutes after the blast, an English-speaking man with a Middle-Eastern accent claimed responsibility in the name of the Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia. The one casualty was a young French woman, in no way associated with the Turkish government or their genocide against the Armenian people.
- March 2, 1983: In Afghanistan, jihadists fired rockets at the Soviet Embassy in Kabul.
- March 3, 1983: The London bureau chief of Gunesh, a Turkish daily, was wounded when three masked men attacked with baseball bats, destroying furnishings and files in the office.
- March 6, 1983: The state news agency in Kuwait quoted Minister of State Abdul Aziz Hussein as saying that a bomb found in the offices of Kuwaiti Airways in Baghdad had been defused.
- March 6, 1983: The manager of Air France's office in Iraq was killed in a bombing. Several staff members and clients were injured. The attack was blamed on Iran and Syria.
- March 8, 1983: The Islamic Terror Timeline isn't all doom and gloom. Sometimes we have good news to report. Today in France, just outside of Marseilles, two jihadists were killed when their car, which was carrying explosives, blew up prematurely before arriving at the synagogue they wanted to destroy.
- March 9, 1983: The PLO has accused the Mossad of being responsible for the failed assassination of the PLO office manager in Beirut. Tawfiq as-Safadi's car came under a hail of gunfire as he was returning home. The terrorist was struck once in the head by a bullet. While we neither know or care who killed him, it's good that he's dead.
- March 9, 1983: Armenian rebels attacked and wounded the Turkish Ambassador in Yugoslavia.
- March 9, 1983: In Angola, the Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA) announced that it had captured 64 Czechoslovakian citizens and 20 Portuguese nationals and offered a swap them to obtain the release of convicted British mercenaries imprisoned by the Marxist government in Luanda. On July 1, 1983 a group of 55 Czechoslovak and Portuguese men, women and children were freed in Johannesburg after having been held captive for three months.
- March 16, 1983: In the Islamic-torn region of Lebanon, a terrorist assault claimed by the "Islamic Holy War" pitched a grenade into a building south of Beirut that was filled with American soldiers. Five members of a Marine patrol deployed near the airport were wounded in the blast.
- March 17, 1983: Two rockets were fired at an Italian military patrol. Nine soldiers were wounded and one was killed.
- March 17, 1983: In Madrid, a bomb exploded outside the Libyan diplomatic mission.
- March 18, 1983: In Islam's hellhole, French citizens were targeted in a grenade attack in the Chiyah section of Beirut.
- March 19, 1983: Two bombs were deployed on the ground floor of the Libyan Embassy in Beirut.
- March 21, 1983: In Kuwait, an Arab Muslim from the Al-Haj Hasan clan, was arrested at a roadblock immediately after he hurled a hand grenade at the U.S. Marines. In his defense, he purported to be an Israeli agent. And Allah's god.
- March 21, 1983: In the Muslim enclave of syphilitic dictators, National Resistance Army of Uganda members assassinated a Canadian engineer in his home.
- March 24, 1983: In Lebanon, Garabed Pashabezian, a once prominent Armenian communist leader, was murdered by Turkey in his Beirut home.
- March 28, 1983: One IDF soldier was killed and two soldiers were wounded by bazooka fire in an ambush east of Beirut.
- March 29, 1983: A bomb placed inside the Libyan cultural center in Nicosia, Cyprus was defused before exploding.
- April 1, 1983: The People's Revolutionary Solidarity Organization claimed credit for a bombing attack in Psikhikon, a suburb of Athens. They said that Saudi Arabian diplomats had been their target.
- April 10, 1983: In Portugal, Isam as-Sartawi, who served as Yasser Arafat's personal political advisor for the Palestine Liberation Organization, was gunned down in Albufeira. He was attending a Socialist International conference. There was a massive mutiny developing within Fatah and the PLO to have Arafat and those loyal to him deposed. In Islam, that is accomplished by way of assassination.
The Revolutionary Council of the Fatah, a Palestinian faction opposed to Arafat's dictatorial and corrupt leadership, issued a statement taking responsibility for the assassination. The Palestinian faction, which was based in Syria and in Iraq, was also known to be affiliated with the Abu Nidal Group, as well as Al-Assifa.
- April 13, 1983: In Greece, a rented car packed with explosives, was detonated near the Saudi Arabian Embassy. The Saudi First Secretary, his driver, and two others were wounded. The People's Revolutionary Solidarity Organization claimed credit for the attempted assassination.
Since a group using a similar name, People's Revolutionary Struggle, claimed credit for previous bombings against the U.S. Embassy, this group, wanting to differentiate itself, sent a photocopy of the booby-trapped car's rental agreement to the media. They accused Saudi Arabia of being "agents of North American imperialism," for supporting the "criminals of the Turkish military state," and for "financing the Zionists of the Israeli Army." Calling them delusional would be too kind.
- April 16, 1983: A Turkish hijacker surrendered to authorities in Athens after commandeering a Turkish domestic flight with 114 passengers. Passengers, stating the obvious, said "he appeared to be mentally disturbed.".
- April 16, 1983: Five U.S. Marines were injured in a grenade attack near the Beirut Airport. The "Shi'ite Mujahideen" claimed responsibility.
- April 18, 1983: A car bomb exploded in front of U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, destroying the building and killing 60, including 17 Americans. More than 120 others were badly wounded in the blast.
The Iranian Shi'ite sponsored Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility, calling the bombing "part of the Islamic revolution." Iran subsequently denied having any role in the attack, even though its clerics had come to be the sole financial support mechanism for Islamic Jihad. CIA Middle East Director, Robert Ames, was one of those killed.
The car driven by the murderous Islamic suicide bomber was filled with 500 pounds of dynamite. He rammed it into the front of the Embassy, trying to kill as many people as possible. While the Islamic Jihad Organization (Islamic Holy War), a pro-Iranian group, was the first to claim responsibility, killing that many Americans was so popular among Muslims in Lebanon, other Islamic groups vied for responsibility. Further, there were indications that Islamic Jihad carried out the attack in consort with AMAL, the terrorist association founded by Imam Sadr, who was at the time the leading Shiite religious leader in Lebanon. AMAL was based in and around Baalbek, a Lebanese town under Syrian control 45 miles east of Beirut. Several hundred Iranian Revolutionary Guards had taken up residence there. In March, a large billboard was erected in central Baalbek alongside posters of Ayatollah Khomeini. It proclaimed: "Death to the Americans! Death to Israel!".
This would not be their last assault on Americans, not by a long shot.
- April 22, 1983: Ethiopian jihadists in league with the Sudanese Islamic regime, kidnapped ten foreign relief workers, including an American. They said the foreigners, seven of whom were women, were taken in a raid on Thursday by the Tigre People's Liberation Front. The hostages included four Brits, an Indian, two Irish nurses, an American priest and Catholic nuns from Italy and Ethiopia. On June 9th, the ten foreign aid workers were set free in Khartoum, in the Sudan.
- May 1, 1983: Two rockets were fired directly over the roof of the U.S. Ambassador's residence in Lebanon as Secretary of State George P. Shultz and other key officials slept inside. American and Lebanese officials said that the rockets were fired by Syrian-backed Druse forces who had engaged in artillery attacks that evening against Christians in the Shuf Mountains east of Beirut.
- May 9, 1983: In Jordan, two bombs exploded inside the offices of U.S. companies in Amman. The initial target was Amideast, a counseling service for Jordanian students wanting to attend universities in the United States. The American Life Insurance Company was also bombed.
The Jordanian Revolutionary and Military Committee claimed credit for the uncivil behavior. MOUAB was a Syrian-controlled faction of the PLO created to target U.S. interests in Jordan.
- May 17, 1983: In Greece, an organization calling itself the "Group for Martyred Isam as-Sartawi," the PLO leader who was assassinated in Portugal last month, claimed responsibility for two bomb attacks in Athens. Police said one of the bombs exploded under a car belonging to the Syrian Embassy. The other blast occured near a school attended by the children of Lebanese Embassy diplomats. A phone caller said that the operation was a response to oppressive elements in Syria and Lebanon. A group called "the Army for Iran's National Liberation" also claimed responsibility, saying they placed the bombs to punish Khomeini's supporters.
- May 17, 1983: Israeli troops began their withdrawal from Lebanon. They failed in their attempt to rid the nation of Islamic terrorists. The Lebanese would suffer as a result.
- May 25, 1983: Lieutenant Commander Albert Schaufelberger was the first American military advisor to die in El Salvador. He was murdered by a Marxist assassination team as he sat in his car across from the Central American University.
The 25-year-old assassins emerged from a van, walked unhurriedly toward the U.S. officer's car, and thrust their pistols through the open windows, shooting Schaufelberger in the head and chest. Not long after the incident, Radio Venceremos (the official transmitter of the guerrilla's Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMLN) broadcast the following message: "One of our units in the metropolitan command, the Clara Elizabeth Ramirez commando, assassinated on 25 May the second in command of the North American military advisors. We advise the other North American advisors that El Salvador will become a Yankee tomb."
- May 30, 1983: PLO leader Yasser Arafat narrowly escaped an assassination attempt near the Syrian-Lebanese border. Arafat and his driver were ambushed by mutinous Fatah gunmen as they drove along the border. The Ugly One was not injured but his driver was killed. The rebellion against Arafat within the PLO and Fatah Palestinian militant community was raging in Syria and eastern Lebanon.
- May 30, 1983: The Lebanese National Resistance Front, operating at the behest of the Palestine Liberation Organization, ambushed two Israeli vehicles in the Shouf Mountains of Lebanon. They killed two soldiers and wounded three others.
The LNRF was a pro-Syrian Marxist Muslim organization, but the PLO, desperate for credibility in the Islamic world, claimed that it was operating under their command. According to Palestinian sources, attacks claimed by the LNRF were actually carried out by PLO jihadist cells. The PLO said this because acclaim means money in the form of OPEC funding and acclaim in Islam is derived from killing Jews.
- June 5, 1983: Libya's highest-ranking diplomat in Lebanon was shot seven times in an assassination attempt at a Beirut hotel. A Syrian agent confessed to the crime, saying that he'd been told to do it in order "to stir up trouble.".
- June 8, 1983: A Syrian student was killed in Barcelona. The jihadist was closely associated with the Palestine Liberation Organization.
- June 8, 1983: Two Israeli soldiers were killed and five civilians wounded when a remote-controlled car bomb was detonated next to an Israeli Army patrol as it entered East Beirut. The Lebanese National Resistance Front claimed responsibility which means the PLO was guilty.
- June 14, 1983: Three Islamic terrorists with 220 pounds of TNT in the fuel tank of their car blew themselves up as they were on their way to bomb Israelis south of Beirut. The suicide mission was therefore a booming success.
- June 16, 1983: There is a consequence to murdering a million people. In Turkey today, five bombs were detonated at the entrance to the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. Following the blast, two men shot into a crowd killing two people and wounding 27. The Marxist Armenian ASALA claimed credit for the attack which coincided with the anniversary of a 1970 workers' revolt in Turkey. While it was wrong of the Armenians to murder two innocent civilians, the Turks could bring an end to the carnage by admitting that they slaughtered a million Armenians and then make amends.
- June 20, 1983: In Islamic Lebanon, terrorists detonated a roadside bomb as two cars carrying Syrian troops traveled 40 miles north of Beirut. Seven members of the Syrian Army patrol were killed, including two colonels.
- June 20, 1983: Lebanese jihadists failed to assassinate a top military aide to PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat. A PLO official blamed "mutinous guerrillas who have challenged Arafat's leadership." For once, the terrorist organization was right. Arafat had a mutiny on his hands.
The intended victim was Ezzedin Sherif, known as Abu Iyad. He was wounded in the legs and arm at a Palestinian camp just outside of Damascus. His son was also wounded in the incident. Muslims were not playing nicely together. They seldom do.
- June 20, 1983: The 15-year-old daughter of a Vatican messenger disappeared in Rome. Men claiming to have kidnapped her, demanded the release of Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turk who shot Pope John Paul II in 1981. As with Robert Kennedy's Muslim assassin, when terrorists kidnap others as the PLO did to free Sirhan Sirhan, their allegiance becomes obvious.
An anonymous telephone call to a Rome newspaper strengthened the theory the assassin and the kidnappers belonged to the Turkish Gray Wolves. In their letter, the kidnappers threatened "other punitive actions" if papal assailant Mehmet Ali Agca is not freed. The 24-year-old would be Turkish assassin had been a member of the Gray Wolves and Turkish police blamed the Islamic organization for helping Mehmet Ali Agca make a sensational escape from an Istanbul jail in 1979.
- June 23, 1983: Two Lebanese teenagers hijacked a Libyan Boeing 707 over the Mediterranean. While they surrendered, they left a ticking time bomb in their luggage. Bomb experts successfully dismantled the bomb minutes before it would have exploded.
The Libyan Arab Airways jet was hijacked shortly after the takeoff from Athens and the ordeal continued for some 20 hours. The two hijackers, who had demanded to be flown to Tehran, Iran were identified as Radja Aref Akmed, 19, and Hasan Mahti Saadoun Hajj, 17. They were Lebanese Shiite Muslims acting on behalf of their religious leader, Imam Musa Sadr, who disappeared in Libya in August 1978. Followers of Sadr conducted seven hijackings as members of AMAL, Musa Sadr's terrorist club.
- June 24, 1983: Terrorists abducted five Western aid workers, including two Americans, a Canadian, a West German and a Dutchman, from a park in southern Sudan. The five were freed a week later. During an ensuing attack, government troops killed 18 African Animists.
- July 4, 1983: In Israel, a Katyusha rocket was fired from Jordanian territory into an Israeli settlement.
- July 6, 1983: Iranian Sunni Muslims seized an Iranian jetliner with 371 passengers and forced it to fly to Kuwait where the plane was refueled for a flight to France. The jihadists boarded the plane disguised as volunteer soldiers and checked passengers' boarding cards and identity documents.
The Muslims surrendered at Orly Airport outside Paris after talking to another Iranian dissident by radio. They claimed they were Mujahideen guerrillas opposed to the rule of the Ayatollah Khomeini. They said: "We simply wanted to let the world know that in Iran there were 100,000 political prisoners and 30,000 executions by an official account." You can't beat religious clerics when it comes to imprisonments and murders.
- July 14, 1983: A Turkish Embassy official in Brussels was assassinated. Three Armenian groups claimed responsibility: the Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia, the Justice Commandos of Armenian Genocide, and the Armenian Revolutionary Army. While words would have been better than bullets, heir cause was just and their target was appropriate.
- July 20, 1983: A huge explosion destroyed a beach hotel resort complex near West Beirut which was frequented by wealthy Islamic vacationers desiring girls and gambling. At least three were killed.
- July 20, 1983: Iran moved into northern Iraq. Casualties exceed 14,000 men in ten days.
- July 22, 1983: In Iran, bombs blasted the French Embassy and the Air France offices in Tehran.
- July 27, 1983: A bomb was detonated in front of the Armenian Cultural Center near Paris. No group claimed responsibility but Turkish agents had said that they were hunting Armenians.
- July 27, 1983: In Portugal, a group of Armenian protestors shot their way into the Turkish ambassador's residence and then blew themselves up in a group suicide. Their press release called it a "sacrifice to the altar of freedom." The explosion also killed a top diplomat's wife and a Portuguese policeman.
Two men with Lebanese passports rented the cars used in the attack but the rebels spoke Turkish. The bottom line is: you can't sweep the murder of a million people and the forced exile of a million more, under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.
- July 29, 1983: In the United States, a would-be bomber belonging to an American-based Sunni Muslim group led by a Caucasian convert to Islam, tried to bomb a Rajneesh (the Muslim Bagwan who was noted for owning a dozen Rolls Royces) hotel in Portland, Oregon. The Islamic group called itself "Julani,".
The American jihadist had already planted two suitcase bombs and was attending to another explosive device when it accidentally detonated, blowing off both of the bombers' hands and blinding him. The Juliani jihadists don't like the Rajneeshis because the latter unceasingly displays the Bagwan's photograph - a sin in the eyes of a good Muslim.
- August 8, 1983: In the United States, the leader of the Ahmaddiya Movement in Islam was assassinated in his residence in Detroit, Michigan. Authorities believed that Fuqua, which was a rival Islamic sect, was responsible for the murder.
The same day, the treasurer of the Ahmaddiya Movement in Islam had two Molotov cocktails thrown into his home in Detroit, Michigan. The incendiary devices failed to explode.
- August 9, 1983: In Islam North, also known as France, a bomb damaged an Air Algeria office in Marseilles. The Charles Martel group, an organization named after the commander who stopped the Islamic assault of France at the battle of Tours, claimed responsibility.
- August 9, 1983: A fire was set at the central mosque for the Ahmaddiya Movement in Islam in Detroit, Michigan. Two people were killed in the blaze. Fuqua, a rival Islamic sect, was blamed.
- August 10, 1983: A car bomb was detonated at the French Embassy in Tehran, Iran. The fact that Armenians were blamed is telling. The only reason there was a small Armenian community in Iran was because they fled there in 1915 to escape the slaughter being perpetrated by the Ottoman Turks. Further, there was mounting evidence these Marxist groups were now being funded and deployed by the Marxist Muslim regime in Syria, Syria's terrorist entrepreneur, Abu Nidal, and the PFLP's Carlos the Jackal.
- August 11, 1983: A bomb left at the Air France office in Beirut, Lebanon malfunctioned.
- August 12, 1983: In France, 20 people were arrested for blowing up a bronze life-size statue of Pontius Pilate at Lourdes. The anti-clerical group called Stop The Priests said it set off the blast to protest the Pope's visit to the shrine which was to begin in two days. So tell me, why would anyone create a statue in honor of a man who is known to history only by flogging and crucifying the Messiah Yahshua? While we don't share much in common with the protestors, we support this particular mission and congratulate them on their choice of targets.
- August 16, 1983: A grenade exploded at the Japanese embassy in Iran.
- August 20, 1983: In Greece, a senior PLO militia official was assassinated in Athens. The terrorist's driver was wounded. The victim, "Lt. Col." Mamoun Muraish was said to be "very close to PLO leader Yasser Arafat.".
PLO officials accused Israeli agents of carrying out the killing. They knew it was a lie when the statement left their lips, but lying is considered good in Islam.
An Israeli government source denied the charge and implied that the killing might have been connected with the recent mutiny within Arafat's own Fatah militants within the PLO. A Kuwaiti newspaper said that a group identifying itself as Fatah's Corrective Movement, called the state-controlled media up to claim credit for the attack. The PLO organization, disingenuous as usual, dismissed the confession of their own members as being "ridiculous.".
- August 20, 1983: Afghan jihadists kidnapped three Soviet advisors and killed an undetermined number of Afghan government officials in an attack south of Kabul. In return for a Soviet assurance to not bomb the area during the harvesting period, the local Islamic warlords had agreed to let government and Soviet military convoys pass through the region without being attacked. While negotiations were being conducted to extend this agreement, mujahideen attacked the meeting place, killing the Afghani officials and kidnapping the Soviet advisors. Never trust a Muslim. Not only was their religion inspired by the father of lies, in the Qur'an's last surahs, Muhammad says that "Allah and His Messenger disavow their sworn oaths," and that "treaties between Muslims and infidels are not binding on Muslims.".
- August 25, 1983: In Lebanon, a bomb destroyed the Air France offices in East Beirut, injuring three Lebanese civilians.
- August 25, 1983: In West Germany, a bomb damaged the French Consulate, killing two people and injuring 23 others. While the Armenian ASALA claimed responsibility, they were only guilty of lying and associating with Muslims. In February 1996, Johannes Weinrich went on trial for his part in the bombing. He was a key lieutenant for Carlos the Jackal and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
- August 25, 1983: A bomb destroyed the Maison de France restaurant in West Berlin. Sixty pounds of explosives were used in the blast which also demolished the French Consulate and a French cultural center, in addition to the dining establishment. A young boy was killed when he was buried under tons of falling debris. More than twenty others were wounded, many seriously.
The bombing was the work of Johannes Weinrich, an associate of PFLP terrorist Carlos the Jackal. After a long period of negotiations between Weinrich and Carlos with the East German government, the Marxist regime gave the PFLP the explosives which were used to bomb the buildings. During his trial, Weinrich confessed that he had smuggled them across the West German border before giving them to his contact in the Syrian Embassy in Berlin for safe keeping until they were needed. Once again, we see Muslims and Marxists aligned and acting immorally - having no respect for life.
Carlos the Jackal sent a letter to West Germany's Interior Minister, Friedrich Zimmermann claiming responsibility for his uncivil behavior. He included a detailed floor plan indicating where the bomb had been planted to prove that he was responsible, and thus immoral. The Jackal's letter called for the release of Gabrielle Krocher-Tiedemann, the PFLP's OPEC kidnapping co-conspirator. The most famous Islamic terrorist of his day promised further retaliation if any action was taken against her. Ironically, Miss KT was later released without the need for further intervention when trial witnesses refused to testify against her. I wonder if threatening to murder them had anything to do with their silence?
For those into the details, Syria's sponsorship of PFLP terrorism was now confirmed.
- August 29, 1983: A French commercial jetliner leaving Vienna was hijacked to Tehran, Iran. The hijackers, who of course threatened to blow up the aircraft along with the passengers, traveled on Tunisian passports and appeared to be members of a Palestinian terrorist group. They demanded termination of French military involvement in Chad as well as Iraq and Lebanon. They also demanded the release of terrorist prisoners from France. Those convicts included members of the Lebanese Armed Revolutionary faction which operated together with Direct Action in Paris in targeting U.S. and Israeli citizens.
The LAR was a Syrian-controlled splinter of the PLO. As such, Abu Nidal, Syria's terrorist for hire, was suspected of being involved in the operation. Further, Vienna, Austria had long been the European headquarters for Abu Nidal's international undertakings. An investigation into the incident confirmed that Abu Nidal and the Palestinian PFLP were o involved with ASALA - the Marxist Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia.
- August 31, 1983: Simultaneous explosions rocked the homes of a Jewish diamond merchant and an American construction executive in the Knightsbridge section of London. In the case of the American, however, it appears that the intended target had actually been another prominent Jewish businessman connected with the Diamond Trading Company of the Anglo-American Corporation of South Africa.
At the same time, a bomb went off at Israel's Leumi Bank located near Oxford Circus.
- September 9, 1983: The official adult beverage of Islam, the Molotov cocktail, was hurled into French Embassy cars in Tehran by ASALA/PFLP/Abu Nidal/Syrian agents. Two embassy staff were slightly injured by the Islamic version of holy water.
- September 23, 1983: An Omani Gulf aircraft en route from Karachi to Abu Dhabi was destroyed by a bomb, killing 111 people, including one American. Islamic terrorist groups vied for credit.
- September 29, 1983: Two U.S. Army soldiers, after having made a wrong turn into a Shiite Muslim neighborhood in Lebanon, were abducted. AMAL terrorists negotiated the conditions for their release with the Lebanese Army.
- October 1, 1983: In Marseilles, France, a man was killed and 26 people were injured when a bomb destroyed the American, Soviet, and Algerian pavilions at an international trade fair. An Armenian group calling itself "Orly" claimed credit for the destruction of property. The Charles Martel Group and the Lebanese Armed Revolutionary Factions (LARF) claimed credit for the blast as well.
- October 9, 1983: In Burma, 21 people, including two advisers to President Chun Doo Hwan of South Korea and four of his Cabinet Ministers, were killed when a bomb exploded as they prepared for a wreath-laying ceremony in Rangoon. Forty-eight people were wounded, many seriously.
Seoul blamed North Korean terrorists for the attack and then sentenced two North Korean army officers to die for the bombing. In their confession under torture, one of the men allegedly said that he and two other colleagues were ordered by senior North Korean army officers to assassinate Chun. Perhaps it was true, and if it was, it would be the second act of terror sponsored by North Korea since the timeline began in 1960. We bring this to your attention not to exonerate the ruthless and oppressive Marxist regime in North Korea, but to expose the deceptiveness of the U.S. government which listed the Communist nation high on its list of state sponsors of terrorism.
- October 13, 1983: In Lebanon, a grenade was thrown into the U.S. Embassy. One marine was wounded.
- October 23, 1983: Islamic Jihad (Islamic Holy War) in consort with Hizballah (Allah's Party) truck-bombed the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, killing 241 Marines and 58 French paratroopers. The Shiite Muslim suicide bombers claimed responsibility under the moniker Imad Magniyah. They were sponsored by Iran, and thus financed by OPEC. America had once again funded its own funeral.
In response, the U.S. bombed Syrian Air Defense stations while the French bombed Iranian Guard posts in Syria. Reagan was too busy invading Grenada to hold Islam responsible for murdering over two hundred American soldiers. Within four months, both France and America abandoned Lebanon, allowing Muslims to do what they do best: destroy the place.
Lebanon had been disintegrating ever since the Jordanian massacre of Palestinians caused a mass of refugees to flee across the boarder. Just as they had done in Jordan and were doing in Israel, the PLO set out to destroy the government so that they could rule in its place.
Ignorant of Islam, in the early 1980s the United States deployed troops to Lebanon and placed itself in the midst of a multi-faceted civil war. In the first deployment, U.S. Marines were sent to oversee the reduction of PLO/PFLP influence in Beirut. It was an impossible mission because Americans couldn't distinguish a Palestinian from a PLO member, an Islamic terrorist from a Muslim civilian.
In the second deployment, 1,800 Marines were sent as part of a multinational force to protect Muslims after Lebanese Christians attacked a PLO-controlled refugee camp in the immediate aftermath of the PLO-sponsored assassination of the Lebanese President-elect and Christian Phalangist leader, Bashir al-Jumayyil (Bashi Gemayel) in a car bombing on September 3rd of last year. This was akin to Bill Clinton protecting Croats and Muslims from Serbian Christians in Bosnia and Kosovo, after the Croats and Muslims had slaughtered 800,000 Serbs. America was making a bad habit of being on the wrong side of most every conflict.
This mission, like the last, was impossible. The Shia majority in Lebanon saw Americans as infidel invaders and not as liberators. American soldiers became jihad targets. Ronald Reagan's flawed incursion into Lebanon was in reality nothing more than a foretaste of what would befall the ignorant and now immoral nation in Iraq. Good men would die making a bad situation much worse.
Lebanon, like Iraq, became a religious and political cesspool where many warring factions strove to make life so unbearable, suicide bombers flourished. In Lebanon the rival factions were composed of a powerless and undermined Lebanese government; virtually unarmed minority Christian Phalangists; heavily armed Syrian occupying troops; ruthless Syrian-sponsored Abu Nidal terrorists; plentiful Iraqi, Saudi, and Kuwaiti-sponsored Palestinian terrorists associated with Fatah and the PLO; dominant Iranian-sponsored fundamentalist Islamic terrorists associated with Hizballah, Islamic Jihad, and AMAL; and a smattering of Marxist revolutionaries associated with the Ba'ath party, LAR, LARF, and the PFLP. Of these, the Shiites were the power to recon with in most every measure that counted: money, arms, men, religious authority, political influence, and devotion. There was no winning because there was no party worthy of the nation's trust, of its soldier's lives. And in these aspects, Lebanon was a replay of Vietnam and a foreshadowing of Iraq. In these contexts, victory was and is unachievable.
It was in this miserable Muslim milieu that on October 23rd, a truck bomb driven by good Shia Muslims exploded at the front door of the vulnerable Marine headquarters, killing 241 Americans - the largest loss of life in a military operation since Vietnam. Beirut became a symbol of ill-considered political objectives and poorly-defined rules of engagement. It was a lesson the nation would forget at the cost of 3,000 additional military casualties.
President Reagan pulled Americans out of Lebanon as a result of the Shiite attack. Islamicists used the retreat to recruit jihadists, saying that all Muslims had to do to get the Crusaders out of Islamic lands was to bloody their nose. America had its first taste of the lose-lose game it would play out many times over in the land of Islam.
To be fair, the U.S. would have lost more men and gained nothing in the exchange if American troops had remained in Lebanon. But by "cutting and running," Muslim militants were motivated to murder Americans anywhere they didn't like them - which was most everywhere. America's mistake was engaging without first understanding the enemy, and of fighting on the wrong side. In this regard, twenty years later, America would depose a secular dictator in Iraq, only to sponsor a government composed of the same Shiites which had perpetrated the attack on the Beirut Marine barracks.
There is a solution to Islamic terrorism but the only strategy less effective than America deployed in Lebanon, Somalia, and Saudi Arabia of cutting and running, is the strategy America is deploying in Iraq of "staying the course." In the months immediately after 9/11 I published a three part plan that would have instantly eliminated the threat of Islamic terrorism, so I'm neither second guessing nor criticizing without a plan. In support of that three-part plan, I wrote Tea With Terrorists - Who They Are, Why They Kill, & What Will Stop Them. While I predicted the future, I'm not a prophet, just informed.
Hizballah (also transliterated from the Arabic as Hizbullah and Hezbollah) was founded and is managed by Islamic clerics in Iran. Tens of thousands of militants strong, Allah's Party is financed by OPEC. It is a religious organization whose sole purpose is to terrorize and kill non-Muslims, and most especially, Jews.
Hizballah's logo says it all. The letters in Allah's name are morphed into an upraised arm and first in which is held an AK-47 assault rifle. Under the gun's ammunition clip hangs the world. It depicts their motive, their means, and the scope of their conquest.
Islamic Jihad is now a Hizballah alias. HAMAS is now a Hizballah ally. They have made Lebanon, the nation in which they are most numerously deployed, a satellite of Tehran.
Hizballah perpetrated the second largest single terrorist attack on the United States with this October 1983 truck bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut. The clerically-led religious organization had already and would go on to murder many more Americans, especially at the U.S. Embassy in Beirut. But these Islamic barbarians weren't limited to Lebanon. They have attacked U.S. and Israeli targets in Africa, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Denmark, Thailand, Argentina, in the United Kingdom, and in America. Moreover, the largest and best coordinated militia attack on American troops in the Iraq War was perpetrated by Islamic Jihad - a Party of Allah subsidiary.
The Shi'ite terrorist organization has a common agenda with all salafi Islamic terrorist groups, indeed with all fundamentalist Muslims. They want to overturn the government of the country in which they live, making it an Islamic theocracy. Then, should they be successful, they will use terror to overthrow neighboring states until the entire world, and most especially Israel who they hate and the U.S. who they envy, submits to Allah (known to the enlightened as Satan).
Allah's Party has gradually become inseparable from the Lebanese government. They hold seats in the Parliament and they are the nation's de facto "security force." And they hold sway over people's lives by way of OPEC crude. Since there isn't a viable economy in the Islamic world, OPEC funds provide housing, food, health care and education. And while that might sound good, nothing could be worse. Those who provide these things require tangible adherence to fundamentalist Islam. They, like Muhammad before them, are bribing the next generation of Islamic terrorists. This has been the mechanism behind the Palestinian shift from Marxist Muslim Fatah to Salafi fundamentalist HAMAS. In addition to OPEC, Hizballah supplements its crude Iranian funding through Islamic charities throughout Europe and America.
Consider these words from the Party of Allah's founder and spiritual leader, Sheik Muhammad Fadlallah. It opens with a chilling quote: "What martyrdom is greater than making yourself a human bomb detonating it among the enemy? What spiritualism is greater than this spiritualism in which a person loses all feeling of his body and life for the sake of his cause and mission?".
What follows is the Islamic cleric and terrorist's life story. He reveals his path to Islamic indoctrination and how that led him to terrorism as well as his plans for those who oppose world submission to Islam. As you read this keep in mind that Iraqi and Iranian Shi'ites are now the political, religious, and militant power in Iraq.
"I was born in 1935 in Najaf, Iraq, to a Shi'i Muslim family. My father, Ayatollah Abd-al Rauf Fadlallah, was an alim (Islamic religious scholar) in Najaf, a shrine and university city. I underwent all of my schooling in Najaf, where Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr also studied. Baqir al-Sadr became my friend and mentor, and it was he who encouraged me to combine my religious convictions with political and social participation. Consequently, when the ulama (community of Islamic religious scholars) appointed me, in 1966, to Nab'ah, an impoverished suburb of Beirut, I began opening community centers and cultural clubs for our youth, as well as free clinics.
When the Maronites, a Lebanese Christian sect associated with Roman Catholicism, destroyed Nab'ah, in 1976, I went to southern Lebanon with fellow Shi'i Muslim refugees. Several years later, when the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini launched his successful revolution in Iran, I began to recognize the necessity for an Islamic revolution in Lebanon.
Since 1985, I have been president of the Lebanese council of Hizballah. In that capacity, I helped draft the Lebanese Islamic Constitution, which was inspired by the model cast by my friend Baqir al-Sadr in Najaf in 1979. In addition to drafting the constitution, I provided authoritative opinions, advice, and decisions for Hizballah members and Islamists everywhere, as we prepare for a full Islamic revolution. Such a revolution will lead to an Islamic economy and social structure. Despite my influence, however, I do not participate directly with political or military affairs any longer. Instead, I have assumed the role of spiritual leader for the party, serving as a highly influential beacon of Islamic truth for all the oppressed peoples of the world.
Politically, my primary objective is to see the Islamic revolution in Lebanon brought to fruition. The newly dissolved and recreated Lebanese government, led by men like Hrawi, Berrih, and Jumblatt, is clearly an obstacle in the path to revolution, and I believe that this government has been put together by imperialist Americans hoping to achieve their own ends in the Middle East. The United States and Israel are full partners in a war against the people of the Middle East. Therefore, we must secure their departure from Lebanon as a precursor to Israel's obliteration from existence, and as the first step towards liberating our people from the talons of Western imperialism. Only then may we begin to construct a political system favored by the people based upon the teachings of the holy Quran.
All those who seek peace with Israel are traitors to our cause, including the treasonous Yasser Arafat. We reject the accords signed between Israel and the PLO, just as we have rejected Camp David, the Fahd, Fez, Reagan, Brezhnev, and French-Egyptian plans, and any other plan that offers even tacit recognition of the Zionist entity.
Land for Peace is a betrayal of Palestinian blood and of the sacred cause of Palestine. Arafat, just like Israel, America, and the rest of the Western world stand in our way of revolution. So too, the secular government in Lebanon stands in our way. So too the Amal with its Syrian ties and secular orientation. The latter two have gone so far as to combat their kin, the Palestinian refugees in Beirut, during the camp wars of the mid-80s. We stood up for our people then, as we do now, while traitors like the Syrians strive for accords with the Zionists and imperialists.
Only Iran stands firmly by the Palestinian cause. Khomeini provided inspiration with the Iranian revolution, and then military and financial support in later years. Since Khomeini's death, Iran under Khomenai and Rafsanjani has continued to support us, although to a lesser degree. Still, they remain allies against the Zionist/Imperialist menace.
The Hizballah (Party of Allah) has also cultivated allies from a wide array of groups, including the Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS), Jund Allah, the Hussein Suicide Squad, al Dawa, Holy Warriors for Freedom, The Organization of the Oppressed of the Earth, Islamic Amal, and Revolutionary Justice Organization. Together, we fight for an Islamic nation.
In addition, as articulated in the Hizballah's covenant, also known as the open letter, we consider all the downtrodden people of the world to be our allies. Whether they are Muslim or not, we believe that they will discover a path to freedom through Islamic principles.
Thus far, we have celebrated one major achievement, namely the military defeat of the Israeli occupation forces in Lebanon - freed from Zionist clutches. Yet, that was but a small step towards the ultimate goal: Our finest hour will arrive when the revolution is complete and Lebanon is reconstructed along Islamic lines.
For the most part, my political ideologies are shaped by theological convictions. I write commentaries on the Quran, as well as spiritual poetry. However, I also try to include historical and psycho-sociological perspectives in my speeches and sermons. My influence is manifested through speeches and sermons. I welcome cooperation with non-Muslims, and I am willing to leave margin for compromise, provided no interference arises hindering the creation of an Islamic state. I do not believe that conditions are right yet for an Islamic state in Lebanon due to the significant non-Muslim minority, but the time will come soon for revolution. That is our primary objective.".
Be aware that Allah's Party manifests itself in many national stripes. For example, Saudi Hizballah is the Sunni terrorist organization which perpetrated the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia which killed 19 American soldiers and wounded 515 others.
The face of Hizballah today is Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah. The Shi'ite cleric has become a cult figure held in immense prestige throughout the Islamic world, much like Iranian/Iraqi al-Sadr and his Mahdi Militia in Iraq. And rather than condemning the government of Syria, Nesrallah is an honored guest. It is one of the many casualties of the Iraqi invasion. Syria's King Assad, a fellow Ba'athist, was once aligned with Iraq but dependant upon OPEC, Assad surrendered his fiefdom to Iran and Shia Islam.
- October 23, 1983: In Lebanon, a few minutes after the explosion took place at the U.S. Marine barracks. A compound housing French peacekeeping troops was hit in the same manner. An estimated 1200 pounds of explosive material similar to TNT was used in the blast.
- October 25, 1983: Rather than deal with the Muslims who had murdered 271 Americans in Lebanon, or the OPECers in Iran who inspired and funded them, Reagan elected to invade the small Caribbean island of Grenada. It was a decision that would haunt America for decades to come. Muslims preached: "Terrorize Americans and they will flee Islamic lands.".
- October 25, 1983: An Arab jihadist firing a submachine gun critically wounded the Jordanian ambassador to India. The Muslim escaped as the diplomat lay bleeding in front of his home. Ambassador Mohammad Ali Kourme survived seven bullet wounds. The assailant was a Mid-Easterner and not an Indian.
In a related story, gunmen attacked Jordan's ambassador to Italy the next day. That attack was claimed by the Front for Syrian Struggle.
- October 26, 1983: Jihadists in Italy shot and seriously wounded Jordan's ambassador, Taysir Alaedin Toukan, and his driver. The assailants escaped after a gun battle with the ambassador's bodyguards. An anonymous caller to the Italian press agency ANSA said a group called the Front for Syrian Struggle was responsible for the attempted assassination.
- October 27, 1983: In Bolivia, leftist mobs protesting the U.S. military intervention in Grenada stormed U.S. consular offices.
- November 4, 1983: A suicide car bomber destroyed an Israeli intelligence facility in Tyre, Lebanon, killing 39 people. Shiite Muslims associated with AMAL said that they were responsible.
- November 7, 1983: In Greece, a jihadist killed a staff employee in the Jordanian Embassy and seriously wounded another. The assailant managed to escape after shooting both men in the head. The Front for Syrian Struggle claimed responsibility. The FSS were associates of Abu Nidal and the Syrian government.
- November 7, 1983: An Iranian business was attacked in New Delhi.
- November 10, 1983: In Jordan, explosives were planted in the offices of the Saudi Arabian Airlines.
- November 12, 1983: A car bomb was found near the British Embassy in Amman, Jordan. It contained 100 pounds of TNT attached to liquefied gas cylinders.
- November 12, 1983: In Iran, housing facilities for Italian utility company employees was bombed. Partisans of the Iranian People of Hormuzgan said they were to blame.
- November 20, 1983: In France, two men on a motorcycle threw a bomb into a crowded Paris restaurant. Thirty diners were wounded. The owner of the restaurant was a Tunisian-born Jew.
- December 2, 1983: In the Philippines, a guard found a bomb wrapped like a Christmas present at a U.S. Embassy annex. Police said the bomb was similar in design to ones used by Islamic terrorists in the southern Philippines. It was composed of several Belgian-made antipersonnel mines in a box filled with three-inch nails.
- December 2, 1983: In Iraq, three French technicians disappeared. They were abducted by the Democratic Kurdish Party of Iraq. A spokesman for the party's Paris office denied the report and declined further comment. However, in a statement delivered to French media outlets, the Democratic Party of Kurdistan said it captured the employees of the French electronics firm Thomson in the western Iraqi town of Dohok. The jihadists demanded as ransom the release of 57 Kurds held by the Iraqis. The terrorists also wanted Iraq to facilitate the return of 8,000 Kurdish families that were resettled from the north to southern Iraq.
- December 12, 1983: In Israel, a bomb devastated a Jerusalem bus, killing six people and burning and mutilating 43 others. Responsibility for the attack was claimed both by Yasser Arafat's PLO and by anti-Arafat Palestinians.
Imagine a religion so morally corrupting, rival factions would claim responsibility for such a horrible thing - believing that the murder and mutilation of civilians would somehow make them more popular. When you can fathom why Muslims would do this, and why it works for them, you will understand why they kill and how to stop them.
- December 12, 1983: The United States and French Embassies in Kuwait were bombed, killing 16 people. Islamic Jihad took responsibility. They said Shiite Muslims drove the truck bombs to their targets and that Islamic Jihad supplied the explosives. If true, the attack was an Iranian operation - and thus state-sponsored terrorism.
However, because blaming Iran for the attacks was less politically expedient in Kuwait than blaming Iraq, Iraqi al-Dawa party members (who were all Iranian-backed Shia Muslims) were later "convicted" by the Kuwaiti dictators. The Emirs despised the secular government of Iraq and this ruse gave them the opportunity to blame Iraqis rather than Iranians.
- December 12, 1983: A terrorist group calling themselves "Islamic Holy War" claimed responsibility for a remote-controlled car bomb attack on the French Embassy in the Islamic fiefdom of Kuwait. Hizballah, however, was believed responsible. Seven people were killed in the blast and at least 37 were injured when the Islamic terrorists crashed a truck loaded with explosives through the main gate of the U.S. compound and then detonated it.
The same day, Islamic Holy War claimed credit for another remote-controlled bombing, this one at an electrical power station. Ten employees were wounded. Not finished killing for Allah, Islamic Holy War bombed the Kuwaiti International Airport, killing an Egyptian technician.
The Kuwait news agency said that the overall toll from the Muslim rampage was seven dead and 62 injured.
- December 20, 1983: Turkish police found a car loaded with high explosives in a parking lot 100 yards from the U.S. officers' club and a hotel frequented by American servicemen.
- December 21, 1983: A U.S. Air Force officer was wounded when he was hit by a sniper's bullet near the ruins of the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon.
- December 21, 1983: A truck packed with explosives demolished a French army barracks building in Lebanon, killing a French paratrooper and 14 Lebanese civilians. Nearly 30 people were injured in the Islamic attack. The Muslim driver jumped out and escaped before the explosion.
Minutes later, a second bomb in downtown Beirut damaged a hotel that was patronized by foreigners, killing four people and injuring ten others. The Black Hand claimed responsibility for both terrorist attacks. In all likelihood, based upon the nature of the target and tactics, they were a Shia Muslim group supported by the Islamic government of Iran.
However, the bombings could well have been the work of Sunni Muslims. With the large Palestinian presence in Lebanon, and with their prominent role in the Lebanese Civil War, some thought the Black Hand was a reference to the followers of Izz al-Din al-Qassam, an early 20th century Islamic Sheikh who incited violence against Jews and moderate Arabs during the British mandate period. Al-Qassam is revered by HAMAS and his name has been used to designate their militant wing.
- December 25, 1983: In Malta, an Israeli diplomat said that an Arab gunman fired five shots at her as she sat in her car outside a florist's shop in Valetta.
- December 25, 1983: In Libya, AMAL Shia jihadists torched a French high school in Tripoli. The Islamic hate society said that they burned the school to protest French and U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.
- December 26, 1983: A bomb planted in a garbage can exploded outside the Marks and Spencer department store in England, injuring two people. Scotland Yard tried to blame the bombing on the Catholic PIRA. However, a Tunisian Muslim arrested two years later claimed to have planted the bomb while serving as a highly-paid mercenary for Abu Nidal.
Marks & Spencer was a Jewish-owned company making the Muslim attack considerably more plausible than the Catholic one. As confirmation, in December 1989, Habib Muaamar was sentenced to life in prison for his participation in this bombing. He was a member of the Iraqi-based Arab Organization May 15, which was led by Hussein al-Umari (also knownas Abu Ibrahim). The AOM15 was a splinter of the PFLP-Special Operations group led by Wadi Haddad.
- December 30, 1983: An employee at the Jordanian Embassy was assassinated and another staff member was seriously wounded by an assailant who fired a submachine gun into their car in Madrid. The Muslim Arab jihadist was in his mid-20s.
- December 31, 1983: In France, four people were killed and more than 60 civilians were wounded when bombs were detonated in the Marseille railroad station and aboard a moving train. The PFLP's Carlos the Jackal sent a letter accepting responsibility for both bombings. His love note was signed the "Arab Armed Struggle Organization" but handwriting experts recognized the penmanship as that of the Jackal. And in January 1995, the Islamic terrorist was charged, and later convicted, with carrying out the attack.
At the time of this assault, the Jackal's confidence was high because from a terrorist's perspective, his recent German bombings had been a rousing success. You can almost see Carlos grinning as he finalized his plans for his next attack. France's high-speed TGV train was sensational a target as the Jackal was terrorist. So at 7:34 p.m., as the Paris-bound express approached the Rhone valley, his first bomb exploded in one of the carriages. The blast tore large holes in the roof and walls. Although the train was nearly empty, two passengers died and dozens more were injured. Forty minutes later, a second bomb ripped through a stationary car parked at Saint Charles station in Marseille. The blast, originating in the luggage compartment, killed two passengers who were standing on the platform and injured another thirty-four.
Within days of the bombings, Carlos sent letters to three separate news agencies, calling his personal grudge revenge for a French air strike against a terrorist training camp in Lebanon the previous month.
The next day, another of the Jackal's bomb destroyed the French Cultural Centre in Tripoli. Although he didn't claim responsibility at the time, he orchestrated the dastardly deed.
One of the letters claiming responsibility for the train bombings had been mailed from a post office in East Berlin, and the communist regime feared that the West would blame them for harboring the most infamous Islamic terrorists. So as trade talks between the U.S. State Department and Eastern Europeans developed, and the subject of harboring terrorists arose, Soviet-block nations distanced themselves from Carlos. Finding the doors of Europe closing against him, the Jackal scampered back to his most accommodating safe-haven, that being Aden, Yemen. There he took part in a meeting of Palestinian terrorists, but realized that they no longer saw him as aligned with their cause. With his support network crumbling around him, the Jackal was in dire need of a safe lair.
- December 1983: This year marked the resumption of the Islamic genocide against Africans in the Sudan. What's remarkable about this is, while there is no question that Arab Muslims in the Sudan murdered, mutilated, starved, enslaved, robbed, kidnapped, or raped millions Africans over the same period we have covered in this timeline, there wasn't a single mention of any individual act of terrorism pertaining to the Sudan on any of the sites I used to compile this review. It is as if the world closed its collective eyes to a horror too gruesome to contemplate. Yet, what could be more important than knowing what led to the savage murder of 2.7 million people?
During the initial Islamic assault in the early 1970s, Arab Muslims in the north forced Islam on the non-Muslim southern population and they renounced most all prior political agreements. This led to Arab Muslims killing 500,000 Africans, more than 80% of them being unarmed civilians, leaving over one million more homeless. A succession of Islamic dominated administrations did nothing to stop the terror.
The CIA painted the tragedy this way: "Military regimes favoring Islamic-oriented governments have dominated national politics since independence from the UK in 1956. The Sudan was embroiled in two prolonged civil wars during most of the remainder of the 20th century. These conflicts were rooted in northern economic, political, and social domination of the largely non-Muslim, non-Arab southern Sudanese. The first civil war ended in 1972, but broke out again in 1983. The second war and famine-related effects resulted in more than 4 million people displaced and, according to rebel estimates, more than 2 million deaths over a period of two decades.".
A civil war is a fight between rival factions for the control of a nation. In the Sudan, the victims have only fought to survive the continued Islamic onslaught. But by incorrectly attributing the mass slaughter of innocents to a "civil war" the world could be misled into believing that something other than Islam was to blame for the carnage. This obfuscation of reality remains. News reports from the Darfur killing fields in Western Sudan in late 2006 uniformly call for a "ceasefire" and a "negotiated peace" as if the killing were the result of rival political parties rather than a one-sided, religiously motivated armed assault on defenseless civilians.
The story of the Sudan is one of genocide, of ethnic and religious intolerance, of Arab Muslims aggressively assaulting civilian populations for plunder. Between murder and mutilation, mass starvation, the enslavement of people, and the theft of their land, there is no travesty anywhere in the world over the course of the last 50 years that even approaches the hell Islam has wrought in the Sudan. Let's set the terrorist scene:.
The Sudan, which lies south of Egypt and Libya with ports on the Red Sea across from Saudi Arabia, is more than one-quarter the size of the United States. It is arid in the north and tropical in the south. The CIA claims that 41,236,378 people struggle to survive here, but the numbers don't add up. The median age is a stunningly low 18.1 years. The CIA says that 400,000 people are infected with HIV/AIDS but human rights activists say that it is many times that number. Protozoal diarrhea, hepatitis, typhoid fever, malaria, dengue fever, meningitis, and sleeping sickness are all prevalent killers. But they pale in comparison to purposefully engineered starvation, mass murder, and mutilation.
About half of Sudanese are Africans. Those who are Muslim, live in the western and northern portions of the country. Those who practice indigenous religions (25% of the total population) live in the south. Although Christianity predated Islam in Northern Sudan, it was effectively wiped out in the north by Muslims by the 17th century. Even in the south, most of the African Christians have been killed, although, as the Romans discovered in the late first century, a persecuted Christian is such a compelling witness, the population which professes faith in the Messiah Yahshua is growing much faster than Muslims are murdering them.
Forty percent of Sudanese are Arabs. They all live in the north and they are all Muslims, making 70% of the total population Islamic. Arabic is the official language. Less than 70% of adult men, and less than half of Sudanese women can read and write. But nobody can count. The temporary truce, slowing the rate at which Muslims were murdering Africans, required a national referendum on unity in 2008. Guess who will win and what the result will be?
This racial and religious mix has played a significant role in the world's response to the state-sponsored genocide. Western media outlets and politicians universally ignored the Arab Muslim slaughter of 2,700,000 Africans in Southern Sudan, perhaps because they were Christians and Animists. But when the Arab Muslim militias, now called "Janjaweed (Jihadist Mujahideen on Horses)," started attacking African Muslims in Western Sudan known as the Darfur region, the outcry to protect the victims has become a cause celeb. As a result, most media outlets, like the BBC, say: "More than a million black Africans have been driven from their homes in Darfur and up to 50,000 people have been killed." While that's true as it relates to the Islamic militias' most recent assaults on Western Sudan, it simply ignores the fact that five million black Africans had already been forced from their homes and another two million seven hundred thousand had been slaughtered in Southern Sudan by the same state-sponsored militias. Don't the lives of the Southern Sudanese count?
The 23 million Sudanese Arab Muslims who live in the north control the vast majority of the nation's land and its oil wealth - even though the most arable land and all of the nation's oil is in the south. This serves as proof that the Arabic speaking, Arab Muslims invaded the South to confiscate these assets. And having over hunted African Christians and Animists (native African religions), they turned the sword of Islam against what they perceived to be the next most vulnerable prey - lower class African Muslims in Darfur.
As a result of the genocide, Southern Sudan has been reduced to a population of less than 5.7 million - most of whom are starving in rural refugee camps. One out of every three people in the African south, 2.7 million souls, were murdered or starved to death between 1985 and 2005. A staggering 5.1 million, of the remaining 5.7 million, have either been captured and sold as slaves by the Muslims or they are homeless refugees as a result of the Islamic genocide against them. While there are no records kept on such a travesty, aid workers who have survived long enough to talk to the people and file a report, tell us that tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of children have been sold into slavery. An equal number of women have been raped by Islamic gangs as they plundered the South. By comparison, the Sudan makes 9/11 look like Islam's mosquito bite.
Shari'a law, which makes any religion other than Islam illegal, was repeatedly imposed by the Arab Muslim north on all Sudanese regardless of their religion. As with all Islamic countries, this led to economic chaos everywhere and mass starvation among those who were not Muslims. Per capita income apart from crude in the Sudan is thus deplorable at $2,100; unemployment is at 20%. More than 40% of the total population lives in abject poverty.
Consistent with Shari'a law, there is no free speech in the Sudan. For example, when the Islamic council of ministers decided in February 1960 to change the official day of rest in the South from Sunday to Friday in accordance with Islam, southern schools went on strike in protest against that decision. So the government retaliated by prosecuting the students who had participated in peaceful demonstrations, imposing draconian prison sentences on them. Two secondary-school students received ten years each for their role in a "sit-in." During this time, an African pastor, Poulino Dogali, was sentenced to twelve years' imprisonment for having printed and distributed a leaflet critical of the government's decision. Four years later, the Islamic government expelled all Christian missionaries because they couldn't compete with them.
In sharp contrast to the Muslim marauders, Christian missionaries came to southern Sudan peacefully. They opposed slavery, provided education, health services, and food. In Southern Sudan, Christian missionaries came to be associated with the well-being of the individual and with socio-economic development. They offered positive incentives which won the hearts of many. Most Africans in the south learned English as token of their love for these people.
As is the case with most depressed Islamic regimes, the socialist IMF (International Monetary Fund) was ever ready to partner with the despots at the expense of the American taxpayer. Public debt in the Sudan is now a staggering and irrecoverable 80% of GDP. The CIA, an agency controlled by the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) and thus an IMF ally, says: "From 1997 to date, Sudan has been implementing IMF macroeconomic reforms. In 1999, Sudan began exporting crude oil and in the last quarter of 1999 recorded its first trade surplus, which, along with monetary policy, has stabilized the exchange rate." They didn't bother to say that the money "earned" from the stolen oil assets in the South was used to equip the Janjaweed Muslim Mujahideen.
The IMF and big oil are bosom buddies, which means the IMF, OPEC, and America's oil conglomerates all work together. The rise in the price of crude has done more than fuel Islamic terrorism; it has enriched those who strive to control and oppress the world. And in the Sudan, the influx of Western capital has propped up a dysfunctional government and allowed it to perpetuate genocide. The Sudan's largest supplier of capital is the United States. Their largest suppliers of import products, much of which are weapons of war, are China, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Egypt.
The CIA concludes its economic review of the Sudan with: "Chronic instability resulting from the long-standing civil war between the Muslim north and the Christian/pagan south ensure that much of the population will remain at or below the poverty line for years." You can eliminate "Christian" from "Christian/pagan" because they have been murdered by Muslims. And there is nothing "civil" about the Islamic terrorist assault. It is a war of northern aggression. It is race and religion based genocide. It is as uncivil as Islam.
While this terrorist disaster was inspired and executed by the legacy of Muhammad, Allah's demonic religion had accomplices. In the nineteenth century, the Turkish rulers of Egypt and the Mahdist government in Khartoum invaded the South in hopes of extending their own boundaries, as well as to gain access to more slaves. Egypt conquered and controlled northern Sudan in 1821, making it a subservient colony. Islamic and colonial Egypt continued to claim all of the Sudan as a possession through the latter part of the 19th century.
In 1881, an Islamic religious leader named Muhammad ibn Abdallah proclaimed himself the Mahdi, or the "Guided and Expected One," and began an Islamic crusade to unify the tribes in western and central Sudan. His followers took on the name "Ansars" (the helpers of the prophet) which they continue to use today. This fundamentalist Islamic group serves as the basis for the largest political party in present-day Sudan, the Umma Party (ummah means Islamic community or congregation), led by a direct descendant of the Mahdi, Sadiq al Mahdi. (Muslims expect Mahdi, who is an Islamic cleric and warlord, to rise up during the last days as their militant messiah. He is predicted to unify the Islamic world and lead Muslims in a war to kill all Jews.).
Taking advantage of conditions resulting from Ottoman-Egyptian exploitation and maladministration, the Mahdi led a nationalist revolt culminating in the fall of Khartoum in 1885. The Mahdi died shortly thereafter, but his state survived until it was overwhelmed by a British-Egyptian force under Lord Kitchener in 1898. Sudan was proclaimed a condominium (a colony ruled by two or more masters) in 1899. While maintaining the appearance of joint administration, Freemasons from the British Empire formulated policies, and supplied the top administrators. (Freemasonry is allied with Islam. Shriners, who are 33rd degree Freemasons, pray to Allah, swear on the Quran, and wear the blood-drenched Islamic Fez.).
In February 1953, the U.K. and her rebellious puppet Egypt concluded that, thanks to their collective imposition of Islam, the Sudan was now more trouble than it was worth. So as they had done in Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia, the Brits handed the country over to the Islamic clerics and warlords, in this case the Umma Party of the late Mahdi Muhammad ibn Abdallah. Ever the puppet of the U.K., the United States State Department was among the first foreign powers to recognize the new Islamic fiefdom. Collectively, they sealed the fate of three, going on six, million people.
The Arab-Muslim government in Khartoum, in complete harmony with the Qur'an's 9th surah, immediately reneged on promises they had made to the non-Arab, non-Muslim south. They declared that the Sudan was an Islamic country, replete with Sharia law. Feeling disenfranchised and cheated, Southerners sought to leave free of Islamic oppression. Intolerant of what would have been a civil solution, the Muslim north fought those who sought freedom, prompting a horrible onslaught from 1955 to 1972 which left 500,000 southerners dead. Twice that many African Animists and Christians were left homeless. There are no records on how many were mutilated, sold into slavery, or raped, because under Islamic law, there is no freedom of speech or press. Evil this demonic prefers to lurk in the darkness.
The religion of Submission in northern Sudan was reinforced by successive regimes, from the Ottoman-Egyptian administration that invaded the country in 1821 to the Mahdist Islamic revolution that overthrew it in 1885, and even to the Anglo-Egyptian condominium that ruled the country from 1898 until Sudanese "independence" in 1956. From that point on, fundamentalist Islamic and Marxist Muslim dictators played musical chairs. From the Southerners' point of view, the Islamic regimes were indistinguishable; they were all racist, slave hunters interested in the plunder and total destruction of their society.
While Muslim Arabs routinely invaded the South to capture slaves, they never settled there. Racist attitudes, swamps, mosquitoes, and the resistance of the people kept contact to a minimum. The only interaction between Arabs and Africans, Muslims and Animists was violent. The Muslim Arabs were only interested in the material value of blacks as slaves and the mineral value of their land.
In 1968 things got particularly nasty. The Muslim government in the north increased its troop strength and subsequently elevated their attacks on the south. They were buttressed by a $150 million arms agreement with the Soviet Union which included an impressive array of T-55, 56, and 59 tanks, armored personnel carriers, 85mm guns, and MiG-21 fighters. Egypt also provided Soviet war materials to the Muslims.
In response to this military arsenal being brought to bear against them, in 1971 Joseph Lagu, the leader of those opposed to Islamic oppression, formed the Southern Sudan Liberation Movement (SSLM). Ultimately, he was able to negotiate the guarantee of an autonomous region for the south, one however without any say in the areas of defense, foreign affairs, currency, economic or social planning. That was all ceded to the Muslim north. As part of the agreement, all southern arms were to be turned over to the northern army. It was foolish to the point of being criminal.
Ultimately, the Marxists and the Muslims had a falling out and the Sudanese came to rely upon massive amounts of American weapons to prosecute the second, and much more deadly, phase of their genocide. Except for a single production line manufacturing small caliber ammunition, the Sudan has never had an arms industry. Consequently, foreign sources of weapons, equipment, munitions, and technical training have been indispensable in prosecuting the slaughter of so many people.
Since I see some of the West's reluctance to deal with the Sudanese genocide as being related to the fact that it was aided and abetted by American arms. In that regard, let's take a moment and examine the source of the tools used in the mass annihilation of nearly three million people in the past 30 years.
After independence, British advisers helped train the Sudanese army and air force, and British equipment was used to transport Sudan's ground forces. However, relations between the government in Khartoum and London became strained after the 1967 Arab-Israeli War when diplomatic and military ties were severed.
This breach was remedied by a period of close military cooperation with the Soviet Union. Between 1968 and 1971, the Sudan became the Soviet Union's first significant military assistance program in a sub-Saharan Africa country. By 1970 there were 2,000 Soviet and East European technical advisers in the country. At the same time, another 350 Sudanese received training in the USSR and other communist countries. This Soviet assistance corresponded with a dramatic growth in the Sudanese armed forces from 18,000 in 1966 to nearly 50,000 by 1972 - and with it a radical increase in their killing power. Soviet tanks, artillery, and MiG combat aircraft were used by the Muslim government to kill the first 500,000 Sudanese Africans.
Vulnerabilities resulting from over reliance on one arms supplier became obvious when relations with the Soviet Union cooled considerably following the coup attempt against the Sudanese dictator Nimeiri in 1971. Soviet and East European military advisers were expelled from Sudan for a year because they were seen as complicit in the coup. After relations were repaired, previously arranged deliveries of tanks were completed and a new purchase of combat aircraft was negotiated. Military agreements with the Soviet Union remained in force until 1977, but Sudan began to pursue a policy of diversification. When Moscow promised extensive military aid to the revolutionary Marxist Muslim regime in neighboring Ethiopia, the Sudanese government one again expelled all Soviet military advisers and ordered the combat section of the Soviet embassy in Khartoum closed.
The Sudan turned to Communist China, which supplied light weapons and later delivered fighter aircraft and tanks. By the mid-1980s, about fifty Chinese advisers provided maintenance support for their tanks and planes, including Soviet equipment previously supplied. The Chinese also trained Sudanese pilots and aircraft mechanics.
Military cooperation between the ruthless Islamic Sudanese government and Britain resumed in 1973. The purchase of weapons from Western countries was financed largely by OPEC states that were pleased to see Soviet influence in the Sudan ended. Islamic financial assistance, especially from Saudi Arabia, was instrumental in the purchase in 1977 of six C-130 Hercules transport aircraft from the United States, estimated to cost US$74 million, and two transports from Canada. Saudi assistance was also credited for the Sudan's acquisition of ten light helicopters and as many as 4,000 vehicles from West Germany. In addition, Saudi Arabia in 1980 supplied the murderous fundamentalist Islamic government with seventy American-built M-41 and M-47 tanks from its reserve inventory. If you want to kill three million people you have to have rich and powerful friends. Moreover, there were very few temptations that enticed American politicians more than the facilitation large arms sales on behalf of politically generous corporations. Reagan was particularly susceptible.
During this time the Sudan maintained its closest military ties with Egypt. That was important because following Jimmy Carter's Camp David boondoggle, Egypt was not only enriched to the tune of $3 billion annually, they became a major recipient of U.S. arms. Under a twenty-five-year defense agreement signed in 1976, the two countries established a joint defense council and a joint general staff organization. Under this deadly arrangement, Egypt would provide Swingfire antitank missiles, Walid armored personnel carriers, ammunition, and other military equipment to the Sudan - paid for indirectly by massive United States aid.
Although Sudan's Salafi Muslim president, Sadiq al Mahdi (meaning the "Guided One, also known as the Muslim Mujahideen Messiah), declared his intention to abrogate the Egyptian defense pact as a result of Sadat's indiscretion with Israel, Bashir reaffirmed the joint defense agreement it after his takeover of the government in 1989. The savage and repressive genocide perpetrated by the new government and Sudan's refusal to condemn the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, however, produced sufficient concern for Egypt to slow down the transfer of military aid.
Prior to 1976, America's contribution war material to the Islamic government of the Sudan was negligible, consisting primarily of training in the United States for a small number of Sudanese officers/mass murderers. Then President Carter, in November 1976, agreed to provide Sudan with more advanced weapons systems. The United States sold the Muslim regime troop transport aircraft which were financed by Saudi Arabia. A few years later, America sold the Sudanese F-5 fighter-bombers.
During the Reagan years, Washington played a growing role in enabling the Islamic regime to prosecute genocide. For example, during Jimmy Carter's last year in office, 1979, military sales to the world's most ruthless Islamic government were $5 million. In Ronald Reagan's second year in office, that had grown to an annualized investment of $100 million in 1981 and that much again in 1982. Additional armaments were provided on a grant basis, substantially increasing the total. In addition to military aircraft, United States shipped the Sudanese Muslims Armored Personnel Carriers, M-60 tanks, field artillery, and armored jeeps equipped with machine guns. The American was perfectly suited for slaughtering civilians - another 2.2 million to be precise.
Reagan's contribution to genocide reached a peak of $101 million in 1982. At the time, this constituted two-thirds of all United States military shipments to sub-Saharan Africa. America could not have selected a less worthy recipient.
Between the inception of the program to equip the murderous Muslim regime in 1976 and its virtual termination in 1986, military grants and sales credits to Sudan totaled nearly a half a billion dollars. In return, the Sudan granted the United States naval port facilities at Port Sudan and agreed to some airport positioning rights for military equipment for contingent use by the United States Central Command. They in effect gave Americans a ringside seat to see just how effective their weapons could be when engaged in genocide. As part of this deadly venture, Sudanese and United States forces participated in joint maneuvers, designated Operation Bright Star, in 1981 and 1983.
The administration of Ronald Reagan, the man the Christian Moral Majority swept into power, was responsible for providing the most lethal Islamic government on earth with the tools they used to murder over two million African civilians. And lest I forget, Reagan's increased military aid to the Muslims immediately followed Chevron's discovery of oil in Southern Sudan.
When the weapons America gave the Sudanese regime were deployed against the civilian non-Islamic population in the south in 1983, military grants dropped abruptly, but it was already too late. The mass murderers had their weapons of mass destruction.
After 1987, American assistance diminished to $1 million annually for advanced training for Sudanese officers and training in the maintenance of previously supplied equipment. Military aid was formally suspended in 1989 under a provision of the United States Foreign Assistance Act prohibiting aid to countries in arrears on interest payments on previous loans. To suggest that America held the high moral ground here would be a stretch.
Between 1981 and 1988, a time which coincided with the renewed genocidal slaughter that would claim an additional 2.2 million lives, Sudan's Islamic government obtained $700 million in military hardware from outside sources. The United States was the largest supplier, accounting for $475 million. China and France each provided $30 million and Britain $10 million. About $160 million came from Egypt and Libya, and other Western suppliers financed by OPEC.
So it was in September 1983, right after the massive influx of American weapons, that as part of an Islamization campaign, the Sudan's Muslim Marxist President Nimeiri announced his decision to incorporate traditional Islamic punishments drawn from Shari'a Islamic Law into the penal code of the whole country - including the "southern autonomous region." In this hard shift to fundamentalist Islam, in 1983 Southerners and other non-Muslims were to be subjected to laws that made any religion other than Islam illegal - laws which made criticizing Islam a capital offence. Not surprisingly, the imposition of Islamic law, and thus Islam, led to a resumption of the terrorist campaign that continues to this day.
After a brief 1985 coup, the new Muslim fundamentalist government said it was unwilling to resend the Nimeiri regime's imposition of Shari'a Law. But in 1986, the Islamic Sadiq al-Mahdi government began "peace negotiations" with the SPLA. Able to count, they agreed to suspend further implementation of Islamic law in the south pending a national referendum. 70% of Sudanese are Muslims, and the 30% who are not have either been forced out of the country or they are dead or dying. Predictably, this ill-conceived peace process was thwarted by another coup, this one by the military, in 1989.
The Sadiq al-Mahdi government in 1990 agreed to accept 100,000 tons of food so long as significant portions went to areas under their control. Widespread starvation was averted, temporarily. However, subsequent relief efforts failed to prevent a catastrophe in the south in the following years because the aid workers were terrorized by the Islamic regime. And as a result of the Sudan's pro-Iraqi stance during the Gulf War, many donors cut much of their aid.
By late 1991, the rebels, composed mostly of pagan African tribes, were devastated and became disunited. Internal bickering caused them to lose the last dwindling hope of survival. With 2.5 million dead by this time, and 4.1 of 5.7 million homeless, they were at the mercy of the merciless. More would die.
In the north, the National Congress Party was now in charge, following another military coup, of course. While their name sounded good, they were just a remarketed version of the old National Islamic Front, itself an extension of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood was the forefather of all of today's Muslim militant groups. The Umma Party, founded by the Ansar under the leadership of the fundamentalist Islamic cleric Mahdi Muhammad ibn Abdallah and his descendant, Sadiq al-Sidiq Abdel Rahman al-Mahdi, the former Prime Minister of the Sudan, was the last of the democratically elected leaders.
So that you gain an appreciation as to how bad people must become before their government sponsors genocide, let's review the cast of characters. The Muslim Brotherhood, which originated in Egypt, had been active in Sudan since its formation in 1949. The Muslim Brotherhood emerged from Islamic student groups during the 1940s. The Muslim Brotherhood's objective in Sudan was to institutionalize Islamic law throughout the country and to form an Islamic state. Hassan Abd Allah at Turabi, former dean of the School of Law at the University of Khartoum, had been the Muslim Brotherhood's Secretary General since 1964. He began working with Nimeiri in the mid-1970s, and, as his attorney general in 1983, played a key role in the controversial introduction of the Sharia law. After the overthrow of Nimeiri, Turabi was instrumental in setting up the NIF, a Brotherhood-dominated organization that included several other small Islamic parties. Turabi was in charge of the Sudan when Osama bin Laden called the Islamic fiefdom home.
During the first, last, and short period of parliamentary democracy in the Sudan, the Umma Islamic Party was the largest in the country, and its leader, Sadiq al Mahdi was elected prime minister between 1986 and 1989. In other words, just like Iraq today, the majority of Muslims in the Sudan were fundamentalists and their votes were consistent with clerical instructions.
Originally founded in 1945, the Umma Party was the political arm of the Islamic Ansar movement. Its supporters followed the strict fundamentalist teachings of the Mahdi, who ruled Sudan in Salafist fashion in the 1880s. Sadiq al Mahdi became head of the Umma and spiritual leader of the Ansar in 1970, following clashes with the Nimeiri government, during which time about 3,000 Ansar were killed. Following a brief reconciliation with Nimeiri in the mid-1970s, Sadiq al Mahdi was imprisoned for his opposition to the government's foreign and domestic policies, including his 1983 denunciation of the September Laws as being un-Islamic.
Sadiq al Mahdi and his brother-in-law, NIF leader Turabi of Muslim Brotherhood fame, continued to enforce Islamic legal codes on the country. But the increased death tolls attributed with this act eventually set the stage for another military coup d'état. Arrested during the 1989 rebellion, Sadiq al Mahdi was released from prison in early 1991 after approving the political positions adopted by the Umma Party he had previously rejected. It was during this period that Osama bin Laden, having been exiled from Saudi Arabia following his jihadist triumph in Afghanistan, turned stolen farms into terrorist training camps, making the Sudan ground zero for Islamic terrorism.
While the names at the top of the Sudanese org chart changed based upon who had the most money or guns, they all recruited Muslim militants to impose their will. They trained them, armed them, and deployed them as militias, unleashing them against their southern neighbors. They killed at random, looted cattle, razed villages to the ground, and captured children and women as slaves.
During this time, Arab Muslim militias were constantly raiding, robbing, and raping native, non-Muslim Africans in the south. The death toll climbed well past two million and approached three. The Islamic savages were equipped and armed by the Muslim government, but not paid by them. The terrorist remuneration was by way of officially sanctioned plunder. It was the living embodiment of the Qur'an's 8th surah - "The Spoils of War.".
Everything the Southern Africans possessed was stolen from them, including their children. Their women were rapped, the men were killed, the young were enslaved, and the land was stolen. It was as if Muhammad had been reborn and was now governing the Sudan.
So that you don't miss the direct connection between fundamental Islam and terrorism, between Muhammad and Muslim militancy, consider what Allah's lone prophet did to the Qurayza settlement in Yathrib, today's Medina. The parallels between these Islamic assaults are as convicting as they are ignored. The story begins with the most tortured words ever uttered in the name of religion: "The Messenger of Allah commanded that all of the Jewish men and boys who had reached puberty should be beheaded. Then the Prophet divided the wealth, wives, and children of the Qurayza Jews among the Muslims." (Tabari VIII:38) The first Muslim Militants said: "When their wrists were bound with cords, the Apostle was a sea of generosity to us." (Ishaq:465) Evil this dark was harder to imagine before it was played out in the Sudan before our very eyes.
Confirming that Muhammad, the inspiration for the Sudanese genocide, was a terrorist and pirate, not a messenger or prophet, we find: "Then the Apostle divided the property, wives, and children of the Qurayza among the Muslims. Allah's Messenger took his fifth of the booty. He made known on that day the extra shares for horses and their riders - giving the horse two shares and the rider one. A Muslim without a horse got one share of the spoil. It was the first booty in which lots were cast." (Ishaq:465) Why lots, you may be wondering? Casting lots is a gambling game, one expressly forbidden by Islam. The reason was two fold. First, the religion of Islam was a joke to these fellows. They simply used it as a tool to justify their disgusting behavior. The first Muslims were less religious than Hitler's S.S. Second, the mercenaries needed a picking order in which to draft Jewish homes, property, businesses, women, and children. Muhammad didn't want them squabbling. Some sex slaves were prettier than others.
In the name of full disclosure, here is the report of Islam's first historian, regarding the formation of Sharia law: "According to this example (Sunnah), the procedure of the Messenger of Allah in the divisions of booty established with the raid on the Qurayza became a precedent which was followed in subsequent raids." (Tabari VIII:38) Every Islamic apologist could cry out for a thousand years and not undo the damage done by Muhammad and his militants. We put ourselves, and those we do not know in the Sudan, into harm's way when we allow Islam to masquerade as a peace-loving religion. Fundamental Islam is no different than fundamental Nazism. These crimes must not go unpunished.
As further evidence that militant Islam is fundamental Islam, and that the Islam of Muhammad was built upon the slave trade, we find: "Then the Messenger of Allah sent Sa'd bin Zayd with some of the Qurayza captives to Najd, and in exchange for them he purchased horses and arms." (Tabari VIII:39) Nothing could be more clear.
Hitler financed his war machine on booty he stole from the Jews. In slave labor camps he forced Jews to work without pay building planes, tanks, and bombs. Muhammad set the precedent, funding his war effort on the flesh and property of Jews. These men and their methods were identical. And one day, in the not too distant future, this misguided doctrine will be unleashed on a world comprising six billion souls. Replete with nuclear and biological weapons, a billion people will perish. The 2.7 million who have been butchered in the Sudan is simply a foreshadowing of what is to come. And because the West did not come to these people's aid during the past 20 years, because our leaders allied themselves with Islam, because the free world invaded Iraq on behalf of Islam and OPEC, and not the Sudan on behalf of the people who were being terrorized there, over the next 20 years this disease will do to us what it has done to them.
The reason Allah approved rape, involuntary sex with prisoners, in the 33rd surah, is because Muhammad wanted to indulge. He set the example the Sudanese Muslims are following. "The Prophet selected for himself from among the Jewish women of the Qurayza, Rayhanah bt. Amr. She became his concubine. When he predeceased her, she was still in his possession. When the Messenger of Allah took her as a captive, she showed herself averse to Islam and insisted on Judaism." (Tabari VIII:38) Imagine the horror of being the sex slave of the man who had murdered your father and your brothers. Imagine being forced to have sex with a man who had given your mother up to be raped and had sold your sisters into slavery to buy swords so that he could torment others. It's chilling - perversity on an unimaginable scale - that is until the Sudan.
I realize that this is revolting, but the world needs to make the connection between Islam and the annihilation of 2.7 million Africans in the Sudan. "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men." (Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464).
This taste of what was to come in the Sudan was glorified in the Qur'an. "Allah took down the People of the Scripture Book. He cast terror into their hearts. Some you slew, and some you made prisoners. And He made you heirs of their lands, their houses, and their goods, giving you a land which you had not traversed before. And Allah has power over all things." (Qur'an 33.26).
Muhammad's first biographer, the author of the Islamic gospels, Ibn Ishaq, confirmed that the Qur'an told Muslims to follow the example of this mass murdering, raping, slave-trading, thief: "Allah addressed the believers and said, ‘In Allah's Apostle (Muhammad) you have a fine example to follow for anyone who hopes to be in the place where Allah is.'" (Ishaq:467) All Islamic terrorists are following Muhammad's example. Being a terrorist is the path to Allah. Too bad Muslims don't know that Allah is in hell.
"Then Allah said, ‘Some of you have fulfilled your vow to Me by dying; you have finished your work and returned to Me like those who sought martyrdom in prior battles. And some of you are still waiting to capitalize on Allah's promise of martyrdom. You do not hesitate in your religion and never doubt.' Allah brought down the People of the Scripture Book. I forced the Qurayza from their homes and cast terror into their hearts. Some you slew, and some you took captive. You killed their men and enslaved their women and children. And I caused you to inherit their land, their dwellings, and their property.'" (Ishaq:468) If this doesn't make you nauseous knowing that the West has accommodated and funded this demented doctrine, if this doesn't make you angry knowing that your favorite politician, priest, pastor, news anchor, and talk show host has lied to you about the connection between Islam and terrorism, and if it doesn't motivate you to do something about it, then you share responsibility for these deaths and for a billion more to come.
While you are pondering whether you are going to invest the time to read Prophet of Doom so that you are equipped to stop mankind's greatest enemy, while you decide if you are going to engage in this battle and condemn all of those who in public places have lied to you about Islam, let's finish our review of the Sudan.
In 1997, after major losses in battles with the SPLA, the Islamic Sudanese government agreed to allow some degree of self-determination for the south. However, it was all a ruse designed for Western media and political consumption. The Arab Muslims in the north continued to conduct aerial bombings of civilian populations. They continued to terrorize humanitarian aid workers in the south. Relief workers were forced to suspend their efforts, causing hundreds of thousands more to die. When the bravest of them returned, these aid workers were kidnapped and killed by Islamic terrorists. Their food supplies and medicines were stolen. Sudan's Islamic Government was officially committed to restricting humanitarian access. They wanted these people dead.
While there were very few journalists in the Southern Sudan, there were sufficient Christian relief workers to get a sense of what occured. Searching for evidence, I found this testimony. Dennis Bennett, director of Servant's Heart reported: "Chatyout Nydang is the leader of a Muslim militia that helps the Sudanese government wipe out Christians in southern Sudan. In July, I spoke with an elderly southern Sudanese man in the eastern Upper Nile about life in the territory that Nydang patrols. The 65-year-old Nuer tribesman, Jon Giang-giang, said, ‘Anyone Chatyout's men catch walking to church is beaten and told to convert to Islam, or next time they'll be beaten harder or killed.' After finding a Nuer Bible in his backpack, Nydang's men recently beat Giang-giang until he was unconscious. They left him in a pit for more than two days.".
Precious little information about abuses perpetrated by Muslim militias in the Longochok area of the eastern Upper Nile surfaced until Servant's Heart began working there five years ago. "Before government forces lost ground to southern resisters, Nydang's militias would ask women they encountered on isolated roads one question - are you Christian or Muslim? If she answered ‘Muslim,' she was set free. If she answered ‘Christian,' she was gang-raped by 10 to 20 Muslim soldiers. Then they would cut off her breasts to leave her to bleed to death, as an example to others that this is what will happen to you unless you convert to Islam.".
The relief agency revealed: "The government of Sudan uses such local militias in its campaign to wipe out African animists and Christians and to secure their oil-rich lands in southern Sudan. Two decades of war have left over two million people dead. Government forces regularly target civilian villages and churches.".
Richard Chilvers of Christian Solidarity Worldwide reported: "Attacks have continued unabated in both the eastern and western Upper Nile despite the signing of a second and supposedly more comprehensive ceasefire." He cited this example of Islamic treachery and deception: "When 59 southern Sudanese in Longochok, including a Presbyterian pastor, were massacred in a dispute between two Arab Muslim militias on May 22nd, the Islamic government blamed the attack on southern SPLA forces. But the SPLA didn't even arrive in the area until after the assault. And they did so at the African tribe's bidding - to defend the Nuer against future Muslim terrorism. That attack came on May 27, resulting in more deaths, but this time of a few Muslim militiamen, not African civilians.".
In the early 1990s, the Islamic Sudanese government provided a shelter for political assassins, terrorists and religious fundamentalists. Osama bin Laden, Carlos the Jackal, and Abu Nidal, the most horrendous Islamic terrorists, all came to call Sudan home. America's modus operandi at the time was to impose diplomatic and economic sanctions on the Sudanese regime while supporting opposition movements like the SPLA. In 1996, the USA reduced its diplomatic representation in the Sudan. In 1997, the nation imposed comprehensive economic, trade and financial sanctions on the Islamic government. And that only served to increase the motivation to plunder the South. Then in 1998, Clinton sent cruise missiles into a pharmaceutical factory it mistakenly thought was producing chemical weapons on behalf of al-Qaeda.
In the late 1990s, the Clinton administration supported by Congress and the Christian right, began a limited policy in support of Southern Sudanese Africans and the SPLA. The aid, unlike that given to the Muslims, was non-lethal and humanitarian. It turned out to be counterproductive, however, because it gave the Islamic gangs more incentive to steal.
Curiously, the professed evangelical Christian, George W. Bush, shifted American foreign policy and aid away from the Christian and Animist population in the south under pressure from Islamic OPEC nations like Saudi Arabia. This move was one of a hundred proofs that George Walker Bush was not who he claimed to be and that the Christian Right who had elected him, had been played for fools.
So, with the latest peace agreement worth less than the paper it was written on, a Libyan-Egyptian plan was unfurled and then shot down in 2000. It didn't acknowledge Islam's role in genocide nor restrain the religion so it only served to endear the Arab Muslims to Libya and Egypt. Then, with Muslim nations still unwilling to help (alms for the poor is one of many Islamic myths), the United States averted disaster again, feeding many in the south in 2001.
By early June, 2001 the Sudanese People's Liberation Army, having traded food and supplies for weapons, mobilized their forces in southwestern Sudan and regained control of a number of towns including Raga and Deim Zubeir. Fearing government reprisals, 30,000 refugees fled from the mayhem concerned that another genocide would result. The drug-induced frenzy of some of the attacking SPLA rebels led to horrendous massacres being perpetrated. For example, a convoy of twenty soldiers was attacked by the rebels. Their decapitated heads were left as a warning. And that should serve as a warning to the West. While the Islamic Sudanese regime is guilty of promoting genocide, those who oppose them with force of arms are no better. As with Vietnam and Iraq, just because one side is bad, does not mean that the opposing political faction is good, or more importantly worth dying for. In the Sudan, there are only perpetrators and victims.
In late 2002, a framework was positioned to offer a referendum between a united Sudan and secession of the south. During this time, Sharia law was restricted to the north. Next, a ceasefire was negotiated. The parties, however, did not agree on a plan to share power or land, or a means to stop the murderous plundering. So it was all political pandering - photo ops for bleeding-heart politicians.
In 2004, negotiators for the Arab Muslims in the north and the animist Africans in the south agreed to six years of autonomous rule, followed by a national referendum that will determine (the predetermined and undiscussed) issues of politics and religion.
Yet, in spite of all the political hot air, the genocide continues. Between 2003 and 2005, another 200,000 Africans were killed and 2.1 million more were forced from their land and homes by government-supported Muslim militias. The current death toll between the two uncivil wars may be as high as 3.3 million Africans dead and 5.6 million forced from their homes. The number of Africans mutilated, raped, and enslaved by the Arabs poisoned by Islam remains unknown.
Islam is such a loving and peaceful religion, wherever it is empowered death and destruction follow. And yet America invaded Iraq, in effect turning it over to the very religion that had murdered these people and its own.
There is more to the story of the Sudan, and of the state-sponsored Islamic terrorists operating there. This is the story of the Darfur and the Janjaweed. The BBC reported in September 2004: "Arab militiamen who were responsible for the atrocities in Sudan's Darfur region are now guarding the U.N. refugee camps housing those they displaced." The second line of their article, the first following the opening caption above, even revealed the connection between these Muslim militias and the Islamic Sudanese regime. "These militiamen have been recycled into Sudan's police force," Louise Arbour, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, told the BBC. All that was missing was Islam.
The reason for the militia's assault, and their state sponsorship, was veiled in the article's third sentence: "The UN is threatening to impose sanctions on Sudan's oil industry, unless it stops the violence in Darfur.".
Speaking of this phase of the genocide, the BBC reported: "More than a million black Africans have been driven from their homes in Darfur and up to 50,000 killed. ‘They claim to see former Janjaweed... recycled into the police,' Ms Arbour told the BBC's Today program. ‘There is a widespread belief they are being protected by their very oppressors.' The refugees have always said that the Janjaweed worked in conjunction with the Sudanese security forces to force them from their homes." Yet, according to the UN's High Commissioner, the "Sudanese government operates with a total sense of impunity.".
Having made a bad situation worse, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan called for broader backing for peacekeeping efforts in Darfur in his address to the world body's General Assembly in September 2004. "Let no one imagine that this affair concerns Africans alone," he said. "The victims are human beings, whose human rights must be sacred to all of us. We all have a duty to do whatever we can to rescue them, and do it now." While what he said was right, it's what he didn't say that made it wrong. Until the world comes to acknowledge Islam's culpability, the terror will continue unabated. And until the West understands that Islam is the problem, the reason for the suffering, Western intervention will cause more harm than good - just as it has done in Iraq.
Living in denial, President George W. Bush drew attention to Darfur in his speech 2004 speech to the United Nations General Assembly. He called on the Sudan "to honor the ceasefire it signed." But since the government is Islamic, all treaties are deemed invalid.
Since 9/11/2001, most of the violence in Sudan has been attributed to militias known as the "Janjaweed." They have been responsible for another fifty thousand dead and another million refugees. The Arabic colloquialism is derived from "Jihadist Mujahideen Riding a Horse." These Janjaweed militiamen are all Arab Muslims. In the killing zone, the term "Janjaweed" was synonymous with bandit, as these horse- or camel-borne fighters were known to swoop in on non-Arab farms and steal livestock. It was a return to the 7th century in central Arabia. There and then, Muslims under Muhammad's command were Janjaweed, stealing camels and sheep from neighboring villages, killing the men, raping the women, and enslaving the children.
The Janjaweed became much more aggressive in 2003, after two non-Arab and non-Muslim groups, the Sudan Liberation Army and the Justice and Equality Movement, took up arms against the Islamic Sudanese regime as a result of decades of mistreatment. In response to the armed uprising, the Sudanese government deployed Janjaweed militias to pillaging towns and villages inhabited by members of the African tribes from which the rebel armies draw their strength.
This conflict, it should be understood, is somewhat separate from the 22-year-long assault that pitted the Muslim Sudanese regime against Christians and Animist in the country's southern region. The Janjaweed, who now inhabit the Western Sudan, had nothing to do with that genocide. While the Islamic government of the Sudan brokered both killing sprees, and while both sets of killers were Arab Muslims, in the first assault, the weapons and transports were American and Soviet and the victims were non-Muslims. In the more recent iteration of genocide, the militant Muslims were often astride horses and they were murdering their fellow Muslims.
However, more recently, Sudanese victims and international observers recognize that the Janjaweed are no longer the scrappy militias of yore, but rather well-equipped fighting forces that enjoy the overt assistance of the Muslim regime in Khartoum. For example, in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in June 2004, a field researcher with Human Rights Watch stated that the Sudanese army was openly recruiting horse-owning Arab men, promising them a gun and a monthly salary of $116 in exchange for joining a Janjaweed cohort. The International Crisis Group said that money paid to the Janjaweed "came directly from booty captured in raids on villages," giving them an additional incentive to act with extreme brutality.
There are also numerous reports from international aid workers who maintain that Janjaweed raids are often preceded by aerial bombardments by the Sudanese Air Force. They confirm that Janjaweed commanders all reside in government garrison towns, and that Janjaweed militiamen wear combat fatigues identical to those of the regular army.
The genocide now, as it was during the waning years of the 20th century, is state-sponsored and it is Islamic. There will be no peace nor political solution, so long as Islam exists or so long as Islamic regimes fund terrorism with black crude.