Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- January 4, 1992: A Frenchman was murdered in his home in Lebanon. He had been shot at close range with a pistol equipped with a silencer.
- January 7, 1992: An American associated with the Asian Development Bank was stabbed to death in Manila by three masked Muslims.
- January 8, 1992: Muhammad Rashid (a good Muslim named after the cult's founder) was convicted of murder on this day. He had planted a bomb aboard Pan Am flight 830. It exploded as the plane was about to land at Honolulu, Hawaii, killing one person and injuring several others. Rashid had been arrested in Greece, a safe haven for Muslims.
- January 15, 1992: An International Red Cross worker was killed in the crossfire of a gunfight in Kismayu, Somalia.
- January 17, 1992: A bomb exploded at a medical clinic in Bavaria, injuring a Croatian doctor who had been involved in aid programs in the secessionist Yugoslav republic of Croatia. Croatia is where Roman Catholic Croat Fascists, known as Ustashi, had teamed up with Muslim Bosnians to slaughter 850,000 Serbian Orthodox Christians and Jews.
- January 23, 1992: A gang calling themselves "the Islamic Golden Army" claimed responsibility for firing shots into the Algerian Airlines office in Frankfurt, Germany. In their press release, they pledged their support for the Islamic Holy Front in Algeria.
- January 30, 1992: Algerian Islamic Salvation Front terrorists threw firebombs into the U.S. Embassy and Justice Ministry in Algiers.
- February 9, 1992: A state of emergency was declared in Algeria by the Marxist Muslim government to ban the fundamentalist Islamic Salvation Front. Muslims, as they do around the world, were fighting amongst themselves for power. As a result of this and other similar actions, Muslim militants and government forces have murdered over 100,000 Algerian civilians in the past thirty years.
- February 15, 1992: In Israel, Arab Muslims infiltrated an Israeli campsite and hacked and stabbed three young men to death. A fourth person was severely injured in the terrorist raid.
- February 16, 1992: Hizballah General Secretary Abbas Musawi was killed in an Israeli helicopter ambush. In addition to being a terrorist thug, Sheikh Abbas Mousawi was also an Islamic imam and religious leader. The message is clear: all the best Muslims are terrorists.
- February 28, 1992: In the United Kingdom, a PIRA (the Catholic wing of the Irish Republican Army) bomb was detonated outside the London Bridge Station early in the morning, injuring 28 commuters.
- March 7, 1992: The regional security officer assigned to the Israeli Embassy in Ankara, Turkey was murdered by Muslim militants deploying a car bomb. The Islamic Revenge Organization claimed responsibility for the attack in protest against Israel's February 16 assassination of the terrorist, Hizballah secretary-general, and Islamic religious leader, Sheikh Abbas Mousawi, in south Lebanon.
Some would view this reprisal as morally equivalent, and see it as proof that violence breeds violence. Yet it isn't so. Sheikh Abbas Musawi was a terrorist leader responsible for instigating countless attacks against Americans and Jews, killing thousands of innocent people. Killing him saved many lives. The security guard at the Israeli Embassy was neither a terrorist nor murderer - just an innocent man trying to do his job which was to protect life, not take it.
- March 13, 1992: Kurdish Muslims in the U.K. threw a Molotov cocktail at the Air France check-in desk in Heathrow Airport. Air France served as the local agent for Turkish Airlines, the actual target.
- March 17, 1992: In Argentina, the Israeli Embassy was completely destroyed by a car bomb. In the massive blast from over 200 pounds of explosives, 28 people were killed and more than 200 innocent civilians were wounded. The Iranian-financed, -equipped, and -orchestrated Hizballah (Allah's Party) claimed responsibility for the savage act. Corrupted by the demonic and sadistic religion of Islam, Allah's Party was proud of their accomplishment. Islamic Jihad, another outreach ministry of the Iranian clerics, also claimed responsibility for the attack.
Iran was directly implicated in this textbook case of state-sponsored terror. A press release from the Shia terror cartel said that an Argentine convert to Islam had driven the car bomb.
In May 1992, six Iranian Shiites and a Muslim man traveling on an Italian passport were arrested in Ecuador in connection with this crime. They had all just flown in on a flight from Frankfurt, Germany - the same place which where the 9/11 suicide bombers would later spawn. In April 1997, in a taped interview with the brother of Sheikh Abbas Musawi, it was confirmed that Hizballah was working on behalf of the Iranian regime when they conducted the South American bombing.
- March 17, 1992: A Palestinian Muslim brandishing a sword went on a rampage in Jaffa (a suburb of Tel Aviv). Following Muhammad's example, the Islamic jihadist killed two Jews and wounded 19 more before being shot.
- March 18, 1992: In Argentina, a Christian center was bombed by Imad Mugniyah of Hizballah, proving that Islam was an equal opportunity killer. Muslims are taught to hate Christians in addition to Jews ("people of the book") and to kill them wherever they are found. The problem isn't Israel; it is Islam.
- March 18, 1992: Muslim militants in the Philippines kidnapped two American women and an Australian mother and her two children, north of Manila. They had been touring the island with the Australian woman's husband, who was a protestant minister. After ambushing their car at gunpoint, the pastor was forced out of the car and the gunman sped off with the women and children.
- March 19, 1992: Jerusalem Day was proclaimed by the late Ayatollah Khomeini to demand the "liberation" of the Jewish capital from the Jews.
- March 21, 1992: Kurdish Muslims attacked the Turkish Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden. The same day, these same men threw an incendiary device into the Turkish Airlines office in Stockholm.
- March 26, 1992: In Iran, a group calling itself Shahin (Falcon) claimed credit for bombing the Turkish Embassy in Tabriz. The Kurdish Islamic organization said the blast was in protest of the Turkish government's treatment of Iraqi Kurds and against the Turkish airbase which was put at the disposal of U.S. forces during the first Gulf War.
- March 27, 1992: A bus in Lermontov, Russia was hijacked by Muslims armed with submachine guns and grenades. It was driven to the airport at Mineralnye Vody, south of Moscow, where the Islamic terrorists demanded a flight to Iraq. The three hijackers released their hostages after winning freedom for two imprisoned jihadists and safe passage to a section of Chechnya controlled by fundamentalist Muslims.
- March 31, 1992: The United Nations Security Council voted to impose wide-sweeping sanctions on Libya for its refusal to surrender two suspects in the 1988 bombing of Pan American flight 103. Under the sanctions, all non-Islamic countries were asked to bar flights to or from Libya, to prohibit arms sales, and to significantly reduce the staff of Libyan embassies and consulates.
Two of OPECs eight Islamic members (Iran and Libya) were, even by U.N. standards, officially sponsoring terrorism. Of course, so were Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Algeria, in addition to Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, the Sudan, and Somalia.
- April 1, 1992: In Ethiopia, a UN relief worker was murdered by Islamic jihadists.
- April 12, 1992: Two Muslim men and a woman armed with hand grenades forced their way aboard an Ethiopian jetliner in Addis Ababa. The incident ended when the hijackers were arrested by Kenyan authorities.
- April 13, 1992: Five jihadists in Somalia hijacked a chartered Cessna 402 (a small twin-engine general aviation aircraft) in Erigavo with a hand grenade and forced the pilot to fly to Djibouti after he convinced them that the plane could not make it all the way to Kuwait or Yemen as they had requested.
- April 17, 1992: Turkish agents, in their continued assault on the Kurds, killed 11 Kurdish men in a series of raids in Istanbul.
- April 19, 1992: Muslims in Germany torched Turkish banks in Hanover, Frankfurt and Ulm. Letters left at the scene claimed that the attacks were in protest of the Turkish government.
- April 22, 1992: In Afghanistan, an Icelandic nurse with the International Committee of the Red Cross was killed by a fundamentalist Muslim in a village south of Kabul. The victim's medical team had gone there with the intention of evacuating two wounded Afghanis to the ICRC hospital in Kabul when they were attacked. The jihadist claimed he did not want "any infidels in Afghanistan." America would learn the hard way that he held the majority opinion among Muslims in the region.
- April 25, 1992: In Afghanistan, the fundamentalist Islamic mujahideen under the leadership of the Taliban took Kabul from the existing Marxist Muslim regime. The victorious jihadists had been equipped and funded by America's CIA, Pakistan's ISI, and the Saudi warlords. Not only had America started the war under President Carter's orders, the fundamentalist Muslims had used American weapons to bomb the Afghani capital.
After almost fourteen years of Marxist Muslim rule, Soviet occupation, and a civil war between rival Islamic warlords, 1,300,000 Afghanis were dead. While this phase of the war was over, the country was about to experience an even greater terror - the application of Sharia law and the forced imposition of fundamentalist Islam. In addition, fighting between a holdout faction called Hezb-i-Islami (the Party of Islam), and a coalition of Mujahideen loyal to the Taliban, broke out almost immediately. Another 50,000 Afghani civilians were killed, most of whom were Persians, as Arab Muslims continued to display their racist tendencies.
- May 11, 1992: The Saudi Interests Section of the French Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan was attacked by armed men believed to belong to one of the mujahideen factions. The building was looted by the jihadists.
- May 12, 1992: The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, which at this time of growing Islamic fundamentalism was no longer popular, detonated a bomb in an Israeli bus station, which resulted in many civilian casualties.
- May 14, 1992: Lautaro Movement leftists disrupted a class in a Mormon temple which was being taught by an American missionary. After assaulting the teacher and a young Chilean woman, the group blew up the chapel.
- May 21, 1992: Palestinian terrorists operating in Russia bombed a Moskovski railroad station in St. Petersburg. These misplaced Islamic jihadists killed one Russian and injured nine others.
- May 24, 1992: Two Italian circus performers were shot by a Kuwaiti Muslim. This must have been his Muslim way of showing his gratitude to these Catholic men for having paid taxes to a country which had helped "liberate" his Kuwait from Iraq. This was the third attack against infidel entertainers in Kuwait by Islamic fundamentalists in the aftermath of the first Gulf War.
- May 24, 1992: In Chile, five members of the leftist United Popular Action Movement entered a Mormon temple during services and forced 70 church members to evacuate before soaking the pews with gasoline and setting them ablaze.
- May 24, 1992: In Tel Aviv, Israel, a 19-year-old Jewish girl was stabbed to death by an Arab man from the Gaza strip. The Muslim assailant tried to attack several other girls before being apprehended. Islam is such a nice, civil, peaceful, loving, and good religion. It's hard to imagine just how heavenly things would be if Muslims had their way and ruled the world.
- May 24, 1992: In Pakistan, a nation named the "Land of the Pure" Muslim, a high-ranking Indian diplomat was abducted in Islamabad. After being tortured for seven hours, he was released.
- May 26, 1992: In Canada, a fundamentalist Islamic leader from the bloody death zone called Sudan was injured when he and his advisors were attacked by an exiled martial arts expert at an airport in Ottawa. It's a shame he didn't kill him. Islam in the Sudan had already taken nearly three million African lives. A little accountability would have been appropriate.
- May 30, 1992: In Israel, four heavily armed Muslims attempted to swim to Eilat from the Jordanian city of Aqaba. Two of the jihadists drowned en route, but two arrived on a beach where they shot and killed a young man stationed at a Hebrew University research facility. One of the two terrorists was killed and the other was arrested.
- June 8, 1992: In France, two gunmen using silencers assassinated senior PLO terrorist and "intelligence officer" Atef Bseiso outside a Left Bank Paris hotel where he'd been staying. The PLO immediately blamed the Mossad for the murder as they were wont to do. However, the rival Palestinian faction under the control of spurned PLO and Fatah diplomat Abu Nidal claimed responsibility.
- June 10, 1992: A U.N. peacekeeping convoy came under fire outside the outskirts of the Bosnian capital of Sarajevo. One person was injured in the jihadist attack.
- June 15, 1992: A Japanese UN employee involved in providing humanitarian and economic aid to Afghan refugees in Pakistan was assassinated outside of his home in Peshawar. Authorities blamed Islamic fundamentalists.
- June 17, 1992: In Lebanon, Western hostages, Struebig and Kemptner were freed after three years of captivity. Kidnapping is standard Islamic operating procedure, because Muhammad routinely kidnapped fellow Arabs for ransom.
- June 26, 1992: In Cambodia, a Russian helicopter flying a U.N. mission near the Thai border came under ground fire. Rewards of up to $3,500 had been offered by the Marxist Khmer Rouge for successful attacks on U.N. peacekeeping forces.
The Khmer Communist Party was established in Cambodia in 1951. Originally sponsored by Vietnam and Russia, the Khmer Rouge was dedicated to the formation of a Cambodian socialist state. The party planned to follow the Maoist approach of widespread violent revolution through the initiation of terrorist assaults in the countryside, followed by attacks in the cities. By 1960, the Communists were actively engaging the Cambodian government in battle, albeit utilizing terrorist tactics. During this time, Cambodia's long-time leader, Norodom Sihanouk, dubbed the Marxist organization the Khmer Rouge (Red).
Sihanouk had a complicated relationship with the Khmer Rouge, as sometimes he allied himself with the group, and at other times the Maoists would challenge his government forces. In 1970, Lon Nol overthrew Sihanouk's regime, at which time Sihanouk found refuge in Beijing, China.
On April 17, 1975, the Khmer Rouge captured the capital city of Phnom Penh, "governing" Cambodia from 1975 to 1978. The terrorist organization enacted an infamously brutal campaign against Cambodian citizens. Following the model of an agricultural-socialist state, the Khmer Rouge forced citizens out of the urban centers, requiring the evacuees to work in hopelessly ineffective and oppressive agricultural communes. The Cambodian people were mistreated and overworked under the yoke of Socialist Secular Humanism. In addition, the new government indoctrinated its victims in the state religion, executing educated citizens who held rational and moral perspectives. During Khmer Rouge's three-and-a-half-year rule, an estimated 1.5 million people were killed though executions, starvation, and brutal working conditions.
In December 1978, after America's failure in Vietnam, Vietnamese Communist forces invaded Cambodia and removed Khmer Rouge from power. However, they remained a substantial threat, playing a significant role in the civil war that continued for over the next ten years. In 1991, the Paris Peace Accords were signed, which called for a ceasefire, but the Khmer Rouge broke the agreement often between 1991 and 1998, reverting to its terrorist roots. The Communist's ability to kill and terrorized decreased throughout the 1990s, so the remaining vestiges of leftist organization surrendered in December 1998.
Pol Pot, born Saloth Sar, was the leader of the Khmer Rouge. He had been born into a prosperous Cambodian family. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, the Marxist leader never completed high school. But that didn't stop the French from offering the murderous despot a scholarship to study radio-electricity in France. It was there, between 1949 and 1953, that Pol Pot studied the Communist texts which drove him to become one of the world's most ruthless humans. In 1953, he joined the French Communist party. Pol Pot returned to Cambodia in 1954 and joined the Cambodian Communist Party. He would lead the Khmer Rouge from the early 1960s through 1980. Pol Pot died on April 15, 1998 in the Cambodian jungle.
- June 28, 1992: A British food service provider was kidnapped by Muslims in Kuwait.
- June 30, 1992: PLO terrorist commander Anwar Madi, who controlled PLO operations in southern Lebanon, was assassinated along with three of his bodyguards as he drove from Sidon to his office outside the city. The spurned Fatah and PLO leader Abu Nidal was suspected of having orchestrated the murder.
- July 6, 1992: In Iraq, the wife of French President Mitterrand narrowly escaped injury when an explosive-laden car bearing a U.N. logo exploded near her motorcade in the Kurd-dominated north. Four people were killed, and 19 support personnel were injured. Three of the four fatalities were Iraqi PKK terrorists who were serving as "special security guards" for Mrs. Mitterrand. The fourth was the Islamic suicide bomber.
A day before the attack occurred, the official Iraqi news agency printed a story describing Mrs. Mitterrand's visit to the Kurdish areas of Iraq, referring to her visit as "foolish behavior and a rude violation of Iraq's dignity and sovereignty."
- July 9, 1992: Hand grenades were used to attack a private home occupied by Austrian U.N. security guards serving in Iraq.
- July 10, 1992: An Iranian Shia imam, or Islamic prayer leader, was injured when a bomb exploded beneath his car in Kuwait City.
- July 11, 1992: Four Shiite Muslims from India were shot by Sunni gunmen in Kuwait City.
- July 11, 1992: In Turkey, police defused a terrorist bomb planted under the car of a U.S. education official. The same day, jihadists fired a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul.
- July 14, 1992: Islamic fundamentalists threw Molotov cocktails at a bus carrying French tourists in Egypt. The French tour guide was injured in the attack.
- July 17, 1992: The offices of El Al Israeli airlines in Istanbul, Turkey were assaulted by Muslim militants.
- July 17, 1992: A Fijian U.N. guard serving in Iraq was shot and killed in his sleep.
- July 20, 1992: A consortium of Marxist militant organizations conspired to bomb churches in Bolivia, Peru, and Chile. The perpetrators belonged to the Tupac Katari Guerrilla Army, Sendero Luminoso, and the Manuel Rodriguez Patriotic Front. While the leftists operating in South and Central America were terrorists, the factions which opposed them were seldom better. The region had become similar in this regard to Vietnam. There were no good guys within the political arena.
- July 30, 1992: In Israel, a Palestinian Muslim stabbed two policemen outside the wall of the old city of Jerusalem. The Arab jihadist killed one guard and severely injured the other. The Islamic terrorist was shot by a tour operator who was passing by.
- August 1, 1992: In the Islamic enclave of Algeria, a bomb was discovered hidden in a toilet onboard an Air Algerie aircraft. Islamic fundamentalists were suspected of trying to blow up the plane.
- August 2, 1992: In war-ravaged Iraq, a Czechoslovakian UN security guard was shot as he stood in front of a Baghdad hotel.
- August 3, 1992: An Iraqi Muslim injured a member of the French relief group, Medecins sans Frontiers (Doctors without Borders), outside of his hotel in Baghdad.
- August 7, 1992: An Iranian entertainer who was an outspoken critic of the Iranian religious regime was murdered by a Shiite guest in his Bonn, Germany home. Fereydun Farokhzad had been targeted by the Islamic mullahs in Tehran.
- August 8, 1992: In Budapest, Hungary, twenty skinheads attacked the cultural secretary of the Yemeni Embassy. Once they realized the victim's association and status, the neo-Nazis left him alone. Islam and Nazism are kindred spirits.
- August 8, 1992: Not playing nicely together, Egyptian dictator Mubarak accused Iran of sponsoring terrorism in Egypt by way of the Sudan. If it were true that Teheran was involved in the Sudan, it would mean that the Iranian clerics were complicit in the murders of millions of Africans.
- August 18, 1992: A bomb placed beneath the car of a German journalist killed him when it exploded as he was driving in Beirut, Lebanon.
- August 24, 1992: Kurds attacked Turkish banks in Frankfurt, Mannheim, and Darmstadt, Germany, injuring one bank employee. Two days later, Kurdish Muslims firebombed a Turkish travel agency in Bremen.
- August 26, 1992: In Algeria, a bomb was discovered at the Swiss Airlines office in Algiers. The planned attack was a Hizballah operation carried out locally by the Armee Islamique du Salut, or in English, the Army of Islamic Salvation. The logo of the misnamed gang, which is better known as the Islamic Salvation Front, displays an open Qur'an superimposed on the world. The terrorist group conducted operations in Germany, the United States, Belgium, and New Zealand in addition to Spain, Qatar, Malaysia and Algeria.
The Islamic Salvation Front was created as a network of mosque Quran study groups. But after the Algerian constitution was modified to allow political parties, the ISF was certified as a political group rather than a religious one. Capitalizing upon the rising tide of fundamentalism sweeping the Muslim world, the ISF garnered nearly 60% of the votes during municipal elections held in June 1990.
By March 1991 the Islamic Salvation Front became the largest Algerian political/religious party. As a result of being empowered, the Islamic organization imposed a general strike, which over several days escalated into bloody and violence clashes between Muslim militants and government security forces. This led to the imposition of martial law and the removal of what few freedoms Algerians previously enjoyed.
The threat of a continued jihad, or holy war against the army prompted the Algerian regime to arrest Abassi al Madani and his second-in-command, Ahmed Belhadj, on charges of conspiracy against the state. An additional 700 Islamists were taken into custody, joining some 2300 other fundamentalist Muslims already imprisoned.
When elections were held in December 1991, the resolutely religious Islamic Salvation Front surprised the somewhat secular parties by winning the most parliamentary seats. Fearing a fundamentalist Islamic takeover of the government, the Algerian Army canceled the second round of elections, removed the president from office, appointed themselves as rulers, and made the Islamic Salvation Front illegal. Then for good measure, they arrested most all of the ISF leaders and religious activists. The reason the Algerian government declared the elections null and void, was because as bad Muslims they knew that good Muslims would abandon all aspects of democracy if they were allowed to rule. However, the banning of the FSI sparked the Algerian Civil War in which tens of thousands of Algerian Muslims died.
Once imprisoned, the deputy director of the Islamic Salvation Front, Belhadj, called for an Islamic uprising against the military junta. Then to maximize the likelihood of success, the ISF joined forces with the most violent Islamic group operating in Algeria, Abdelkader Chebouti's Mouvement Islamique Arme, known by the acronym MIA in January of 1993. But since Muslims seldom get along, as competitive imams and warlords vie for supremacy, a number of senior Islamic Salvation Front leaders defected to the even more extreme Groupe Islamique Armee (GIA). The Quran study group's growing influence in the GIA led to a series of civilian massacres, including a January 1995 car bombing in downtown Algiers which killed forty-two people and injured 286.
A unilateral ceasefire was declared in September 1997 after the military junta agreed to implement the Islamic Salvation Front's plan to expand Sharia law into all areas of public and private life in Algeria, including in particular, women's rights (or lack thereof), their access to education and work, as well as their rather dire dress code.
Abassi Madani was the founder and leader of the Islamic Salvation Front, taking the organization from a Qur'an study group to the leading political party in Algeria. When his fundamentalist Islamic organization garnered the most votes in a 1991 national election, Madani became a target of the Algerian regime. He was arrested on June 30th, 1991, and served the next several years in a military prison. He was released on parole on July 15th, 1997 once the military junta had capitulated to his primary demands. He was rearrested however in September 1997. Madani was confined to an apartment in Belcourt, Algeria in response to public comments and a letter sent to the United Nations requesting a solution to the ongoing violence occurring in Algeria. Madani remained incarcerated until July 2003, when he was sent into exile. As a condition of his release, the Islamic cleric was banned from all political activity.
Abassi Madani still heads the Islamic Salvation Front, though he now lives in Doha, Qatar. He routinely meets with Saudi officials as he shares their fundamentalist view of Islam. And as one might expect, the Islamist is critical of Israel and U.S. policy in the Middle East.
Madani's partner in establishing the ISF was Ahmed Zaoui, a professor of Islamic theology at the University of Algiers. Zaoui fled to Belgium in 1993. Under pressure from Algeria, a Belgian court charged him with traveling with forged documents and membership in a "criminal organization." While under house arrest in Belgium, Zaoui fled to Switzerland and soon after was deported to Burkina Faso in 1998. After two years, Zaoui moved to Malaysia, and upon the discovery of the Malaysian government's intent to extradite him back to Algeria, where he could be executed, Zaoui fled to New Zealand. In 2003, Zaoui's application for refugee status was approved, though he would not be released from prison on bail until 2004.
Ali Belhadj was another of Abassi Madani's partners in crime. He was a Algerian schoolteacher before becoming a leader in the Islamic Salvation Front. Belhadj was the second in command of ISF and was known as one of the more violent members of the group. In March 1991, Belhadj was instrumental in organizing a general strike in protest of an electoral law which redistricted seats to favor Algeria's governing regime. For his role in the protests, Belhadj was sentenced to 12 years in jail.
Released in 2003, Belhadj was banned by the Algerian government from taking part in politics. In 2005, Belhadj was re-arrested after allegedly "praising terrorism" in an interview on al-Jazeera. In March 2006, Belhadj was released from prison under a national reconciliation act.
- August 26, 1992: Kurdish Muslims torched a Turkish bank in Paris.
- August 26, 1992: In Algeria, nine people were killed and over 100 were injured when a bomb was detonated at the Air France counter at the Houari Boumedienne International Airport. Shortly thereafter, an Air France office in Algiers was bombed. Fundamentalist Muslims were on the warpath. The Algerian Civil War was now raging.
- August 26, 1992: Members of the Union of Young Kurdish Revolutionaries threw Molotov cocktails into the Turkish consulate in Marseille, France.
- August 26, 1992: Two rocket-propelled grenades were fired at a UN building in Iraq. However, more damage was done to the offices of a Kurdish political/religious party nearby.
- August 27, 1992: A Turkish airliner bound for Saudi Arabia was hit with a hail of bullets while taking off from Adana, Turkey.
- August 28, 1992: A bomb went off in the British Consulate in Istanbul. The Kurdish Workers Party (PKK) claimed responsibility.
- August 28, 1992: In Liberia, a jihadist assault on an International Red Cross vehicle left one relief worker dead.
- August 28, 1992: Somali gunmen ambushed a UN vehicle in Mogadishu, injuring two military observers.
- August 30, 1992: A bomb was defused inside the unoccupied U.S. Embassy building in Amman, Jordan.
- September 1, 1992: A peacekeeper was killed in Liberia during an attack perpetrated by the National Patriotic Front of Liberia.
- September 10, 1992: Tajikistan declared their independence from the Russian sphere of influence only to have President Rakhmon Nabiyev resign when Islamic militants forcefully took control of his government. The Islamic Party was then overturned in a bloody coup in late October 1992. However, Islamic fundamentalists have continued fighting. Tajikistan is now officially an Islamic hellhole - and a crude one at that. Oil discovered under and around the Caspian Sea is beginning to make these bad boys rich.
- September 11, 1992: The PKK attacked a jointly owned US and Turkish Shell Oil facility in Turkey. Terrorists dressed in military uniforms forced their way into their offices and separated managers from the other staff. They then opened fire on the managers. Three people were killed.
- September 17, 1992: Four Iranian Kurds who were active in politics were assassinated in a Berlin cafe. The Kurdish Mujahideen Group immediately blamed Iran, and claimed Rafsanjani directly monitored the operation.
Two Lebanese Shiites associated with Hizballah were arrested and charged with having assassinated the Kurds on orders from Iran. Then in March 1996, the German prosecutor issued an international warrant for the arrest of Ali Fallahian, the Information Minister of Iran. In April 1996, a Berlin court convicted an Iranian and four Lebanese Muslims in the case. During the trial, the former Iranian President, Abdolhassan Bani Sadr, served as a witness and stated that the order to kill came from President Rafsanjani and Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini. His own life was under threat during the trial when terrorists plotted to assassinate him in revenge. In April 1997, caught red handed, Iran recalled its ambassadors from 14 European nations and all 15 European Union countries recalled their ambassadors from Tehran.
The most Islamic nation on earth could not be trusted and was incapable of civil behavior. Why do you suppose that was?
- September 21, 1992: Kurdish Muslims torched a Turkish Airline office in Paris, France.
- September 22, 1992: A bomb blasted a U.S.-owned Bank Boston in Turkey. The same day, bombs were defused at a Coca-Cola factory and at the U.S.-Turkish Koc-Amerikan Bank in the west side of Istanbul.
- September 22, 1992: An Israeli police officer was shot and killed by a Hamas member in Jerusalem.
- September 23, 1992: In Algeria, the Islamic Salvation Front detonated bombs outside the offices of Swissair and Air Algerie.
- September 24, 1992: In the Sudan, the second-most Islamic nation on earth, a Burmese UN aid worker and a Norwegian journalist were killed when caught in crossfire. The UN shut down its relief efforts and evacuated its personnel.
- September 24, 1992: A Kuwaiti economic advisor was shot and wounded while on his way to work in Prague, Czechoslovakia.
- September 30, 1992: A bomb was set off outside the U.S. Embassy compound in Sanaa, Yemen.
- October 2, 1992: In Egypt, Muslim militants serving al-Gama'a al-Islamiya attacked a Nile cruise ship carrying 140 German tourists south of Cairo. Three crew members were shot. The attack occurred 48 hours after the fundamentalist Islamic group warned tourists to stay away from the city of Luxor.
The name al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, or Gamaat Islamiya as it is sometimes transliterated, is usually translated "the Islamic Group," but it literally means "The Group of Submission." They are most active in Egypt, the United States, Russia, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. The GAI were directly complicit in the murder of Anwar Sadat and in the first World Trade Center bombing. Today, they are part and parcel of al-Qaeda.
The Islamic Group replaced the Muslim Brotherhood as Egypt's largest and most militant terrorist organization. They have been active since the late 1970s. Like al-Qaeda, which they helped spawn, the GAI is highly decentralized. This fact is made especially clear when one considers that their spiritual leader is a guest in an American penal institution.
The Islamic Group began as an alliance jihadist cells whose religious leaders were Salafist (fundamentalist) Sunni Muslims. Their leadership cadre became available when Egyptian President Anwar Sadat released the incarcerated members of the fundamentalist Muslim Brotherhood who had been imprisoned during Nasser's reign.
The organization's principal founder and spiritual leader is Sheikh Umar Abd al-Rahman (also transliterated Omar Abdel Rahman). He is the blind Islamic cleric incarcerated in the United States in 1996 (currently abiding in a Missouri medical facility for federal prisoners) for his involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Prior to his role as the prayer leader, or imam, of New Jersey's largest Islamic mosque, Sheikh al-Rahman was the senior professor of Qur'anic Studies at Islam's leading university - Al Azhar in Cairo, Egypt. The idea that the same man is both the leader of Egypt's most violent terrorist organization and the world's foremost authority on the Qur'an is hard to explain unless Muhammad's recital promotes such behavior.
The Islamic Group has conducted many savage attacks on Egyptian security forces, government officials, Coptic Christians, and on other perceived opponents of fundamentalist Islam. The GAI also claimed responsibility for the June 1995 attempted assassination of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Ethiopia.
The group's founders, many of whom were serving prison sentences in Egypt, called for a ceasefire in 1997 so that their fellow jihadists would be freed from prison. But the moment they were released, the GAI massacred a group of tourists in Luxor. And after his comrades had all been freed, Sheikh Rahman also rescinded his support of the ceasefire.
Today the GAI is based in Pakistan and has close ties with Egyptian Islamic Jihad, the terrorist group bin Laden's partner Ayman al-Zawahiri merged into al-Qaeda. As a result, senior members of the Islamic Group signed Osama bin Laden's and Ayman al-Zawahiri's fatwa, or religious order, in February 1998 calling for attacks against the United States.
One of those Islamic Group signatories, Omar Ahmad Ali, published a 2001 book in which he justified terrorist attacks causing massive civilian casualties. And while they hate Christians and Jews, the Islamic Group's most pressing agenda item is to use violent jihad to overthrow of the dictatorial regime of President Hosni Mubarak and to establish an Islamist theocracy in Egypt.
Omar Ahmad Ali Abd al-Rahman was born in 1938 in the small Egyptian village of Al Gamalia on the Nile Delta. He earned admission to an Islamic boarding school and then to Al Azhar University in Cairo, the apex of the worldwide system of Islamic education/indoctrination. He graduated in 1965 and was sent to teach Islam in Fedemin on the outskirts of Fayoum, about 60 miles south of Cairo.
It was there that Rahman first drew the attention of Egyptian authorities. In September 1970, Gamal Abdel Nasser, the Marxist Muslim president/dictator of Egypt died. Jealous of the fact that millions of Egyptians massed reverently in the streets to mourn him, Rahman, who opposed Nasser's secularism, told Egyptians that it was sinful to show any respect for the dead leader because he was an infidel.
For those remarks, Rahman spent eight months in Cairo's 12th century Citadel Prison, where he was detained without charges. Upon his release, the Islamic theologian went to Saudi Arabia, where he served as a professor of Quranic studies in the home of fundamentalist Islam. There he made contact with wealthy Sauds who would later provide his terrorist organization with the capital it would require to slaughter Jews, Christians, and Socialists in Egypt, Afghanistan, Israel, and the United States.
Central to Abdel Rahman's theology is the concept that true Muslims have a duty to kill non-clerical Muslim leaders who do not rule by way of a strict imposition of Islamic law. This Qur'an-based philosophy was initially deployed by Muhammad and then by the Kharij when they assassinated Ali in 660 CE. Ali was Muhammad's cousin, his adopted son, his son-in-law, and the fourth leader, or caliph of Islam. He rose to power in the aftermath of Uthman's murder.
Ali's authority was disputed, so a deal was struck in which the supporters of both rivals to the Islamic throne agreed to remove their leader from power so that a new caliph could be chosen under the edicts of the Qur'an. Ali's followers, who were Shiites, acted in accordance with the agreement, but Muawiyah's followers (the governor of Syria), who were Sunni, did not. So, Muawiyah declared himself supreme ruler of the Islamic world as soon as Ali was moved out of his way.
Miffed by this treachery, the Kharij, a religious and political terrorist organization, was formed. They were fundamentalist Muslims who wanted to impose a pure and authentic interpretation of Islam - one in accord with Muhammad's words and deeds as they were retained in the Hadith and Qur'an. Having lived in the presence of Muhammad, they knew that their prophet's and god's instruction on such matters called for them to kill everyone involved - Ali, Muawiyah, and Muawiyah's deceptive viceroy, so that there would be just one dictator, or caliph, over the entire Islamic community worldwide.
Quoting Quran surah 2:204 and 2:207 out of context to justify the murder of Muhammad's relative, al-Kharij took Ali's life, setting an example future Muslims like Sheikh Abd al-Rahman would follow. Here is a review of that passage in context. If you would like a broader view of it, the surah was detailed in Prophet of Doom's "Anti-Semite" chapter.
Muhammad was now ready to reveal the real reason behind his new religion. He wanted his militants to fight for what he coveted. Qur'an 2.190 "Fight in Allah's Cause those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah like not the transgressors. (This is the first verse revealed in connection with Jihad, it was supplemented by the 9th Surah.)" Although this verse clearly orders Muslims to fight, the first of many such commands, Islamic apologists use this passage in the Western media to infer that Islamic fighting can only be defensive and moderate. Yet in context, that is not what it says. Just read the next verse: Qur'an 2:191 "And kill them wherever you find and catch them, and drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter." Slaying them "wherever you find and catch them" is clearly offensive, not defensive. So the prior verse has already been canceled, or abrogated in Muslim parlance. And there is no moderation when one says that being religious, unreligious or even being verbally confrontational, is worse than slaughter. Moreover, the parenthetical in verse 190 was added by the Islamic Arabic translators, because they recognized that the 9th surah's instructions on jihad abrogated all notions of restraint.
Eighty percent of the mosques in America and the West were built and are staffed by the Saud warlords wallowing in their OPEC crude. They also provide their terrorist manufacturing facilities with their reading material. The official Qur'an for the English-speaking market bears the stamp of the Fahd Foundation. In it, right below Qur'an 2:190, the Qur'an's first mention of Jihad, you'll find this passage: "Jihad is holy fighting in Allah's Cause with full force of numbers and weaponry. It is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of its pillars. By Jihad, Islam is established, Allah's Word is made superior (which means only Allah has the right to be worshiped), and Islam is propagated. By abandoning Jihad, Islam is destroyed and Muslims fall into an inferior position; their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanish. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on every Muslim. He who tries to escape from this duty, dies with one of the qualities of a hypocrite."
Verse 191 continues with these words: Qur'an 2:191 "Fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, until they fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who are unbelievers." This is nonsensical. It is not possible for the Muslims of Medina to be defensive fighters if they have marched to Mecca with their weapons.
Qur'an 2:192 "But if they cease/desist, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." That sounds nice until you realize what they must "cease" doing. One must desist from rebuking Muhammad's claims - in other words, they must become a Muslim to avoid slaughter. Remember, no one was fighting the Muslims when this was handed down. They were the hunters. The Meccans were their prey. To be "forgiven" and not "slaughtered," one had to bow in submission and pay the zakat. They could not oppose Islam in word nor deed, politics nor religion, economically nor militarily.
Qur'an 2:193 "And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and non-Islamic behavior, discussion, politics, or religion) and religion and politics is only for Allah. But if they cease, let there be no hostility except against infidel disbelievers." Muslims have been ordered to fight until the only religion is Islam - world conquest. And even when they have overrun the world, there shall be no safe haven for "infidel disbelievers." This is as clear as a swastika.
Qur'an 2:194 "The prohibited month for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of retaliation. If any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with the pious." That was verbal diarrhea, so let's try another translation: "The forbidden month for the forbidden month, and forbidden things in retaliation. And one who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is with those who ward off (evil)." That was worse - there was no hint of restraint. Maybe a third translation will clear up Islam's "Golden Rule." "The Sacred month for the sacred month and all sacred things are retaliation; whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you." The problem isn't with the translators, it's with the source of inspiration.
At the time this was "revealed," Muhammad had a problem. His henchmen had murdered, robbed, and kidnapped in the pagan sacred month of Rejab. The pagan religion practiced in Arabia during this time forbid violence and thievery in the sacred month. Muhammad couldn't pocket the booty because the offense was so heinous. This handy situational scripture, garbled as it may have been, said, "The pagan month is important because I'm a pagan god but I'm granting Muhammad a special exemption because I('m) like him."
Now that the booty was safely pocketed, it was time to encourage more of the same. Qur'an 2:195 "Spend your wealth in Allah's Cause , and be not cast by your own hands to perdition; and do good. Lo! Allah loves the doers of good." The Qur'an finally speaks of love, and wouldn't you know it: Allah loves Jihadists who do good by slaughtering in his cause.
Now that fighting is good, Muslims needed a place to fight, so it was off toQur'an 2:196 "Perform properly (according to the Prophet's Sunnah) the Hajj or Umrah, visiting Mecca for Allah. But if you are prevented then send such gifts as you can afford , and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice.… Fear Allah; He is severe in punishment." Each of these religious practices were pagan before they were Islamic.
There is no hint of violence in the Qur'an passage used by the Kharij to justify the assassination of Ali. Plucked from its context, it would be insufficient to condemn a non-clerical Islamic leader to die.Qur'an 2:204 "And of mankind there is he whose speech may please you (O Muhammad), in this worldly life, and he calls Allah to witness as to that which is in his heart, yet he is the most quarrelsome of the opponents."
The verses which follow, speak of this quarrelsome sweet talker "turning away from Muhammad to make mischief in the land and destroy the crops and cattle. Allah likes not mischief," which the Qur'an describes as un-Islamic behavior.Qur'an 2:206 "And when it is said to him ‘Fear Allah,' he is led by arrogance to crime. So enough for him is Hell, and worst indeed is that place to rest!" A god who wants to be feared cannot be loved. Moreover, Allah is saying that men who turn away from Muhammad's teaching are destructive economically when all evidence is to the contrary. The 50 Islamic nations remain the most impoverish on earth. If it weren't for OPEC and crude, they would all be destitute and bankrupt.
This passage is followed by one of many verses quoted by suicide bombers. It was the second verse deployed by the Kharij terrorists.Qur'an 2:207 "And of mankind is he who would sell himself, seeking the Pleasure of Allah. Allah is full of kindness to His slaves." Islamic Imams interpret this as saying "Allah is kind to those who sacrifice their lives for him, dying fighting in His Cause. They sell their lives in order to receive the reward of virgins in paradise."
This is followed by an edict demanding unquestioned religious submission - something required to manufacture a suicide bomber.Qur'an 2:208 "O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan)." Allah (who is Satan) condemning Satan is confusing to those who do not understand how the Adversary operates. The Devil despises the Satanic title because it means "adversary." Satan wants people to believe that he is Allah - God. That is why Allah is endorsing religion, something Yahweh (the real and only God) despises. Satan knows that man's religious schemes are the surest way to lead mankind away from the Creator and to the counterfeit. And it is why the religion of Islam is fixated on deception, destruction, and death.
The second surah continues by telling Muslims to send money even if they can fight:Qur'an 2:215 "They ask you what they should spend. Say: Whatever they spend is good…. Allah is aware of it."
According to Allah, peace is bad and fighting is good. Remember, all comments within the parenthesis were added by the Islamic translators so that Muslims would understand Allah's edicts.Qur'an 2:216 "Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims), though you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not." Another translation reads: "Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you." This is an open-ended commandment to fight anyone and everyone who has not surrendered to Islam. How, pray tell, do the "Islam-is-a-peaceful-religion" folks explain…"Jihad is ordained for you?"
Qur'an 2:217 "They question you concerning fighting in the sacred month. Say: ‘Fighting therein is a great/grave (matter); but to prevent access to Allah, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, to expel its members, and polytheism and disbelief are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they make you renegades from your religion. If any of you turn back and die in unbelief, your works will be lost and you will go to Hell. Surely those who believe and leave their homes to fight in Allah's Cause have the hope of Allah's Mercy." The Islamic god must be very small if access to him can be prevented by men. But that wasn't the purpose of this passage. Muhammad wanted the Ansar Helpers or Hypocrites to know it would get nasty if they didn't join the warparty. He wanted fighters, not pacifists. What's more, the last line suggests something that will be made abundantly clear in later surahs: "Fight in my cause and paradise will be yours."
Muhammad had to be certain the Ansar knew that his party was not fun and games, so he had his "god" say:Qur'an 2:219 "They ask you about wine and gambling. Say: ‘In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit.'" But if you are willing to "gamble" your soul on Muhammad's scheme, you'll find rivers flowing with "wine."
After polishing his war manifesto and get rich scheme, Muhammad turned his attention to his next favorite subject - women. Qur'anic Laws were dictated that placed women in submissive roles to men just as men had been placed in submission to Muhammad. To enforce his laws, he said: "Big Brother is watching. You'll be punished if you don't obey me."
Then the dark spirit returned to the main theme of the surah: "Fight because our enemies have mocked us and we hate them." The infidels were called a series of childish names and Muhammad convoluted Bible stories to make his crusade appear religious. These twisted portrayals continued through verse 257. A delusional trip down Jewish memory lane followed. Muhammad's twisted story of Abraham was as different from the original account as it was vulgar and insulting. Next, Allah attempted rational religious thought. His stories were moral and Biblically inspired. But sadly, even the more rational passages focused on taxes, of which Muhammad was beneficiary. This led to a rant on interest and a discussion of business contracts starting in verse 275. The motivation: Muslims had borrowed money from the Jews to survive and they didn't want to pay them back. These sections were short on spirituality and long on pent-up rage. And they all served to inspire the Islamic conquest of the world from India to Spain and their unrelenting hunting down of Jews. The people who were not killed were forced to pay an oppressive Islamic tax in submission.
In our journey to understand the Islamic Group, it is important to know that most all Islamic terrorist organizations today are a derivative of al-Kharij - meaning "The One Who Goes Out." The Kharij taught that there was no legitimate law for governing people apart from Allah's Law - known as Sharia Law today. That meant there could be no democracy nor representative government (people's law), no choice, no freedom of religion, no secularism, no free press nor open discussion, no women's rights, and no stopping the killing until the whole world was forced to submit to the politicized religion of Islam. Anyone who did not support their strict imposition of Islamic rule was labeled an infidel, and condemned to die. The Kharij demanded that all Muslims engage in jihad. All peaceful Muslims were labeled "infidel hypocrites" in accordance with the 9th surah.
The Kharij, many of whom knew Muhammad personally, and thus were intimately aware of his words and example, taught that it was permissible to kill women and children in terrorist raids. They went on to say, again in accordance with Muhammad's example, that Muslims had a god-given right to possess and control infidel women, children, and property. They taught that all forms of deception, outright dishonesty, theft, slavery, kidnapping, murder, and terror were justifiable, even necessary, in the advancement of the Islamic religion.
In the context of Islamic history, after governor and caliph Muawihah's death, his son Yazid assumed control of the Sunni portion of the Islamic Empire. He was not, however, accepted by Ali's son al-Husayn, who ruled over the Shiites after his father's murder. Al-Husayn's mother had been Fatmah, Muhammad's daughter, so he was well connected but not wise. On the warpath against Yazid, al-Husayn was killed in Karbala. That is why this city in modern Iraq has become the Shia religious capital. The Golden Dome Mosque was erected in Husayn's memory, because by dying fighting in Allah's Cause, al-Husayn was considered a martyr. It mattered not that he was fighting fellow Muslims because they had been labeled "hypocrites and infidels." And it is upon the alter of making this man a martyr that Shia Muslim terrorize Sunnis today in Iraq, turning the nation into a killing field which has claimed one hundred to six hundred thousand lives, depending upon whose accounting you believe.
The Marijuana Warriors, known as Hashshashin (Hashish Assassins) and called Fedayeen (those Prepared to Sacrifice their Lives), appeared next in the chronology of Islamic terrorist groups. In the 12th century, under the leadership of al-Hassan bin Sabbah, the Sheikh of Alamut, known as the Old Man of the Mountain, the Hashshashin used drugs and prostitutes to seduce Shia Muslims into sacrificing their lives while assassinating political and religious rivals. Their story is detailed under Fedayeen in the Islamic Clubs listing, so we won't repeat it here.
The next notable terrorist ensemble to enunciate the jihadist philosophy on which the blind Sheikh Rahman's Islamic Group's behavior is based, was the 14th-century Islamic scholar and terrorism patriarch Ibn Taimiyyah. This powerful Sunni leader was born in Syria in 1263 CE. He fought the Mongolian Muslims who were devastating the Byzantine Christians and Shia Muslims in Persia. He taught that the Mongolians were bad Muslims and thus infidel hypocrites who must be killed. Ibn Taymiyah issued a fatwah which said that any Muslim who submitted to their authority, helped them or dealt with them, was just like them. Then the Islamic cleric became an Islamic warlord, and savagely assaulted his Muslim brethren. There would be no peace, no dialog, no surrender, and no tolerance under Ibn Taimiyyah's leadership.
Ibn Taymiyah taught that all good Muslims were jihadists who, to retain their standing with Allah in Islam, had to fight and kill bad Muslims, Atheists, Pagans, Christians, and Jews. The Mongols were labeled "bad Muslims" unofficially because their leaders were claiming control of the lands Ibn Taymiyah coveted. Officially, they were labeled insufficiently Islamic in their governance.
This leads us to the next patriarch of Islamic terrorism: Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab. He who was born in 1703 in the Arabian Peninsula, and was a student of Ibn Taymiyah. Wahhabist Islam is known today as the most pure and authentic, and thus fundamental form of the religion. Muhammad Wahhab based his Islam on the Salaf, the earliest Muslim ancestors who were the Companions of Muhammad.
The Salaf brought us the Quran, the Sira, Tarikh, and Hadith - Islam's oldest and most authoritative sources. Since Muhammad said that Islam could not change, Wahhab taught that anything which was not officially mandated by Muhammad and Allah had no place in the religion. It is why Wahhabists call themselves "Salafists," and why they are the best, most authentic Muslims.
In direct contradiction to all who apply the "radical" label to the Islam of today's terrorists, the only way for Wahhab or Salaf Muslims to be practicing a corrupted version of Islam, is for Muhammad and his Companions to have gotten Islam wrong. And if that were true, the religion has no basis of any kind. The moment you come to grips with this simple, yet profound, truth, the connection between Islam and terror becomes clear.
Since Wahhabi and Salafi Islam are identical, and since Wahhabi Islam formed the foundation of all Sunni terrorist groups today, including the Islamic Group and al-Qaeda, a review of Salafism is in order. Salafi, or Ancestor, Islam (Submission) is the Islam of Muhammad (Islam's lone prophet and Allah's singular voice). It is the Islam recorded in the Qur'an (Recital from ar-Rahman and Allah as passed along exclusively by the Salaf who were Muhammad's Companions). It is the Islam recorded in the Hadith (Oral Reports from the Salaf regarding Muhammad's words and deeds). It is the Islam recorded in the Sira (Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad as it was conveyed through the Salaf). It is the Islam documented in the Ta'rikh (Tabari's History of Islam's Formation as it was lived by the Salaf).
Salafi Islam forms the basis of all Islamic nations and cultures. Salafi Islam provides the basis for Sharia Law - the most repressive and anti-democratic legal system in the world. All of Islam's rituals, pilgrimages, prayers, and festivals come from the Salaf. Without the Salaf - Muhammad's Companions - there is no Islam. The Qur'an itself is a salaf book. First recited by Muhammad starting around 610 CE, it was retained exclusively in the minds of the Salaf, the first generation of Muslims, Muhammad's Companions. They passed it on orally to the Successors, and they passed it on orally to the Successors' Successors. The first extant written copy of the Qur'an dates to the early 8th century, over 100 years, or four generations of salaf, after it was recited orally.
Based upon polling data from Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Algeria, Lebanon, and the recent Palestinian elections, sixty to seventy percent of Muslims worldwide are Salafists. That means that fundamentalist Islam, the Islam of virtually all terrorists, is not a fringe movement. Salafi Islam is the purest form of the religion. Since it is based entirely upon the oldest and most authentic Islamic sources, it is the antithesis of a corruption. Salafist Muslims surrender to Allah's, Muhammad's, and the Qur'an's authority, so they cannot be "insurgents." Insurgents are those who rebel against authority. While Salafist Muslims hijacked airplanes and turned them into weapons of mass destruction, these terrorists have not hijacked their religion.
Until you come to understand what the five oldest sources reveal about Muhammad, Allah, and Islam (those being the Qur'an, Ishaq's Sira, Tabari's Ta'rikh, and Bukhari's and Muslim's Hadith Collections), you have no chance whatsoever of understanding Islamic terrorism or how to combat it. In fact, like the president of the United States, if you speak out or lash out without first coming to understand Salafi/Wahhabi Islam, you will do far more harm than good. It is why I wrote Prophet of Doom - Islam's Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad's Own Words before composing this terrorist timeline.
Salaf is a term I wish everyone in the world knew. If they did, Islam's most deadly myth would be obliterated. America's politicians, media, scholars, and clerics most all say that "the terrorists are radical Muslims who are practicing a corrupted interpretation of Islam," which they refer to as "radical Islam." The overt and misleading implication is that "true Islam is a moderate, good, and peaceful religion," suggesting that "we are not at war with Islam." Actually, the opposite is true. Islamic terrorists are salafi, and thus they are fundamentalists. They make this perfectly clear during their public statements - especially in Arabic. It is the "peaceful Islamic moderates" who are actually Islamic radicals, having corrupted Islam to suit their sensibilities.
Salaf fundamentalist Islam is the sole motivation for Islamic terrorism. That being irrefutable, it means that every American politician, media spokesperson, scholar, and cleric who speaks on the subject of Islam and terrorism, including the president of the United States, is lying. That being the case, the Iraq war was counterproductive, because America replaced a secular dictator with a fundamentalist Islamic government. Even worse, since America and the West have transferred ten trillion dollars to the Salafi OPEC clerics and warlords who control the Middle Eastern Islamic countries, it means we have financed our own funeral.
If you want more proof regarding the Salafi basis of Islam, and of the authority of Ishaq, Tabari, Bukhari, and Muslim, the original Islamic sources, read the "Islam's Dark Past" Source Material Appendix to Prophet of Doom. I present a scholarly review of Islam's prime reading materials at the outset of that chapter. What you will find is that there are no old, authentic, or reliable non-salaf Islamic scriptures of any kind. Anything that is said about Islam that isn't salaf is thus inaccurate revisionism - a corrupted interpretation, or hijacked version, of the religion.
And that's not good because as I prove conclusively in Prophet of Doom, the salafi sources are universally violent and immoral as was the life of the man whose words and deeds they chronicled. Therefore, Islam is violent and immoral at its core. It is why Muslims kill. It is why Muslims deceive. It is what you need to know about Islam to protect yourself from it.
Returning to the life of the Salaf reformer, in 1744 Ibn Abd al-Wahhab began to attract followers near Najd in central modern day Saudi Arabia. Lacking a base of support, Wahhab's teachings were challenged by Sulayman Ibn Muhammad al-Hamidi of the Khalid tribe. He had become the warlord over Al-Hasa and Qatif. Hamidi threatened to kill Wahhab over a tax collection issue, forcing the patriarch of terror to flee.
Muhammad Wahhab regained his stride after he returned to Najd and persuaded a local warlord to destroy a sacred tomb revered by Muslims, citing the Prophet Muhammad's instructions not to revere the tombs of the dead. He issued a fatwah, demanding that an adulteress be stoned to death, a practice that had become uncommon in Islam but is now practiced throughout the Middle East. Considered the Martin Luther of Islam, Muhammad Wahhab cleansed the religion of its human indulgences and brought the faith back to its roots - its scriptural fundamentals. And like Martin Luther, Wahhab was vehemently anti-Semitic.
Muhammad Wahhab's Salafi understanding of Islam was honed while living in Basra. There, he became known for his debates with the Islamic scholars, and it was in Basra that he wrote Kitab Al Tawhid (the Book of Monotheism). In Basra, Wahhab earned the title: "the Populist Scholar." Over time, Wahhab's teachings came to dominate the Islamic cultures in Iran, Iraq, the Arabian Peninsula, and Syria, but not in Egypt or Turkey where the warlords leagued against him.
Initially, the Islamic scholar terrorized Arabs in partnership with the Al Saud clan. Their jihadists went on to fight the Ottoman Turks to reclaim central Arabia, Mecca and Medina. The "Saud" designation of the Kingdom of "Saudi Arabia," denotes who owns and controls the fiefdom. The name can be traced to the Najd date harvester Muhammad ibn Al Saud who leagued with Wahhab. Their climb to clerical influence and warlord status coincided. Collectively they gave rise to Wahhabism - the fundamentalist, or Salaf interpretation of pure Islam that is endorsed by Saudi Arabia and all Sunni terrorist groups. Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab wrote and preached against leaders and traditions that he deemed contrary to Islam, and Muhammad ibn Al Saud enforced his religious decrees. The Saud "royal" family continues to do this to this very day.
The religious reformer Muhammad Wahhab, and the political jihadist Muhammad al Saud, swore an oath of allegiance in 1744 to establish a state ruled according to Islam, and thus in accordance with Muhammad's decrees and example. Collectively, by word and sword, they demanded that all political power be used to impose fundamentalist Islamic theology with them in control. It was a typical marriage of greedy cleric validating a wannabe king, and a wannabe king offering to fight to impose the religion of the cleric upon the masses. The Catholics were especially adept at this game but with the Reformation, they lost their iron grip. Stuck in time, Muslims still use the marriage of cleric and king to control and fleece their victims.
By 1765, Wahhabism, lesser known as fundamentalist Islam, backed by the jihadist threats of Al Saud, dominated much of the Arabian political, religious, and social landscape. Then after Muhammad ibn Saud died in 1765, his son, Abd al Aziz continued the Wahhabi advance. In 1802, Saudi-Wahhabi Sunni-Salaf mujahideen reached and destroyed the Shia holy city of Karbala, leveling the shrine Shi'ites had built commemorating the assassination of their spiritual forefather Husayn, the martyred grandson of the prophet Muhammad. The following year, the Saudi-Wahhabi jihadists conquered Mecca and Medina, destroying the monuments which had been erected for prayers to Muslim saints. This assault made it impossible Shia Muslims and non-Wahhab Sunnis to fulfill the pillar of Islam which required a pilgrimage to Mecca. So the Ottoman sultan, who was also a Muslim but not a Salaf, ordered the recapture of the religious sites and leagued with Egyptian forces to regain control over Allah's house, the Ka'aba.
Since the teachings of Muhammad Wahhab form the basis of the Saudi educational system and are taught exclusively in every Saudi mosque, including the thousands which have been built in America and Europe, it's important to know how the conflict between the Sunni Wahhabis and their Shia and Turk rivals turned out, and how that led to the modern OPEC state most responsible for fueling terrorism's advance. History tells us that the Egyptians and Turks were universally successful for six years, but that the Al Sauds reestablished their political and religious control, starting with the village of Najd in 1824. They parlayed that into control of Riyadh shortly thereafter. While there was nothing nearing a "state" of Saudi Arabia at the time, the Sauds had sufficient military resources to collect tribute payments from neighboring Arab tribes.
The Wahhab Sauds then minimized the internal rebellions and strife that plagued their intolerant religious, dictatorial political, and ruthless militant rule, by externalizing the enemy - pitting the British and Ottomans against each other. But after a series of assassinations, the Saud clan devolved into competing factions, which inspired infighting and civil war. Their rival, Al Rashid, rose in power as a result. But then in 1891, Muhammad ibn Rashid placed Riyadh under the nominal control of Al Saud leader Abd ar Rahman, even though real control remained in the hands of his own garrison. When the Al Sauds, under ar Rahman, attempted to assert their authority, the Al Rashid clan drove them out of Riyadh, forcing them to take refuge in Kuwait. The Kuwaiti/Saudi alliance is strong to this day.
In 1902, Abd al Aziz, the eldest son of Abd ar Rahman (his full name was Abd al-Aziz bin Abd al-Rahman al Saud) led a small jihadist force on a raid that captured Riyadh from the rival Islamic warlord Muhammad ibn Rashid. With that foothold he cultivated his Wahhabi connections, establishing himself as the Saud warlord to be reckoned with and as a Wahhabi imam, or the most pure, fundamentalist Islamic religious leader. Then Aziz al Saud led a 30-year armed campaign against civilian centers, to capture and control much of the Arabian Peninsula, forging treaties with various tribes by way of bribe and threat. In 1921 his Saud-Wahhabi forces defeated the militants of rival warlord Al Rashid at Hail, and in 1924, they ousted the Egyptian-Ottoman garrisons at Mecca and Medina.
It wasn't until September of 1932 that the United Kingdom, having won control of the Middle East from the Ottoman Turks in World War One, gave Arabia to Abd al Aziz ibn Abd ar-Rahman Al Saud. The peninsula was a gift, or more correctly a bribe, for his performance as a warlord fighting his Muslim brothers on behalf of the Brits (actually it was on behalf of himself but the Brits are easily fooled). He named his fiefdom after himself, calling Arabia "the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia." It wasn't, however, much of a prize, or so it seemed at the time. The Saud-Wahhabi "state" was devastated economically throughout the 1930s. But then geologists discovered the world's largest, best quality, and most easily extracted crude oil deposits. Enter the OPEC cartel in 1960, and the confiscation of British and American oil assets, and fundamentalist Wahhab Islam was fueled and ready to attack the world. And so it would be. Beginning in 1960, and flowing out of Saudi Arabia, jihadist Islam, the Islam of Muhammad, the Kharij, of the Hashshashin Fedayeen, of Ibn Taymiyah, and Muhammad Wahhab, set out to terrorize mankind.
Make no mistake, the Saud warlords ruling the fiefdom of Saudi Arabia are Wahhabist and resolute Salafists. That is why Saudi Arabia is one of the world's leading terrorist manufacturing facilities and the wellhead of terror funding. It is why 85% of the 9/11 suicide bombers were Saudi subjects. Al-Qaeda is Salafist and Wahhabist, and thus is in lockstep with the Islamic educational and religious system entrenched in Saudi Arabia. Osama bin Laden's authority comes from Salafi Islam. Period.
The second most significant contributor to Islamic terrorism is Pakistan, where the dictatorial government of General Musharaf is Salafist as well. Pakistan's mosques and madrassas have manufactured as many, if not more, terrorists than Saudi Arabia. They were responsible for the Taliban - the fundamentalist regime harboring al-Qaeda before the group moved into Pakistan. Taliban chief Mullah Omar was trained in the Binori Mosque Madrassa in Karachi. The head of Pakistan's ISI intelligence service, Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad, not only provided the funds, arms, and direction to the Taliban, he and they provided direct wire transfers to Muhammad Atta, the 9/11 ringleader, immediately before he murdered 3,000 Americans. Pakistan is the home of Ramzi Yousef and Khalid Shaikh Muhammad, the men responsible for the first and second World Trade Center bombings. Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman's Islamic Group, the organization most responsible for the first World Trade Center bombing, also resides in Pakistan, having left Egypt for a more supportive nation.
The third member of the Salafist Trinity may take you by surprise. It is the Shia mullahs who lord over Iran. Shia Islam is Salafi Islam. All five of Islam's earliest and most authoritative sources, including the Qur'an, are Shi'ite in origin. The Islamic clerics who control Iran are Salafists - as are the poisonous anti-Semitic words which pour out of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's mouth. But the moment you recognize this reality, the false hope you may have of victory in Afghanistan and Iraq dissipates. By way of the Taliban, Pakistan still controls neighboring Afghanistan. And by way of Shi'ite clerics like al-Sadr and the Ayatollah al-Sistani, Iran now controls neighboring Iraq.
Now that you know who influenced the Islamic Group, and understand how the Salaf, Kharij, Hashshashin Fedayeen, Taymiyah, and Wahhab jihadists influenced their spiritual leader and founder, Sheikh Rahman, it's important to recognize that the second most popular Egyptian Muslim group, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, now known as al-Qaeda, announced in 1981 that Sheikh Rahman was also their spiritual leader. It wasn't by accident. By the late-1980s the world's leading Quran scholar had become professor emeritus to the tens of thousands of Muslim Mujahideen fighting in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union. Since that war was started and financed by Jimmy Carter, the man responsible for the murder of Anwar Sadat (Jimmy's Camp David buddy) and the first World Trade Center bombing, was on the American payroll.
It was in 1981 after being declared the spiritual leader of the Islamic Group and Islamic Jihad, as well as of the mujahideen, who would become the Taliban and al-Qaeda, that Sheikh Rahman's GAI and Ayman al-Zawahiri's EIJ assassinated Egyptian president Anwar Sadat, calling the Muslim leader "an infidel."
Here is a review of that day and the trial which followed. On October 6, 1981 Egyptian president Anwar Sadat was assassinated through the combined effort of Egyptian Islamic Jihad and the Islamic Group, collectively called al-Qaeda after the merger. The assassination order was issued by the highest ranking Qur'anic scholar on earth, Sheikh Omar Abdel ar-Rahman, head of Qur'anic studies at Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt - Islam's leading academic institution.
Egypt's Supreme Court would later exonerate ar-Rahman even though he publicly supported the murder, and had met with the five jihadists convicted and executed for the assassination. His defense was that the Qur'an and Sunnah (the words and example of Muhammad) demanded that good Muslims kill peaceful, hypocritical Muslims. This blind Islamic cleric was then given a visa to enter the United States, where, after receiving a tumultuous welcome by Muslims in America, he not only preached the terrorist message of Islam, he lived it - planning the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
Here is a partial transcript of Sheikh ar-Rahman's trial:
Sheikh Rahman: "Justice should be according to what Allah has set for the Muslims only. Allah's lordship should be acknowledged by all Muslims. The people who carry out Islamic justice are faithful believers who obey Allah's commands and the prophet Muhammad's teachings. Imported laws from infidel countries like the USA and Europe are manmade and are not according to Allah's laws. Anyone who alters or compromises Allah's laws, or who submits to a compromise or alteration is a renegade infidel. The Qur'an orders us to kill renegades. What I am saying is not my opinion, but is what Allah's book says. A Muslim leader cannot be a friend of the Jews or be a supporter of Israel. An Islamic leader must not abandon Allah's law and comply with the laws of the infidels."
Attorney General: "The belief that Allah is the lawmaker and the only judge does not mean that if our Islamic society finds solution according to our social and mental standards of living today that so doing makes it a renegade, infidel society."
Sheikh Rahman: "Disobeying Allah and his law in the name of convenience has only one meaning - it is sinful. Those who do are lost infidels who have abandoned Allah. They are the ones whom Allah commanded the Muslims to kill in Jihad."
Attorney General: "Jihad is not killing. This is not Islam's teaching. Jihad is a spiritual fight against evil, poverty, sickness, and sin. Killing is only from the devil."
Sheikh Rahman: "From where does the Attorney General come up with this understanding? Are there verses in the Qur'an that I don't know about that say jihad is a spiritual fight against evil, poverty, sickness and sin? Perhaps there is a new inspiration from Allah that our Attorney General received recently and the rest of the Muslims do not yet have. Mr. Attorney General, your ideas are from the devil."
Attorney General: "If any Muslim society confesses that Allah is the only God and that Muhammad is his prophet, no one has the right to accuse them of being infidels."
Sheikh Rahman: "What you say is not the real truth. Someone can confess that Allah is God and that Muhammad is his prophet, but he can do something against his confession, and this takes him outside of Islam ."
Attorney General: "President Al-Sadat was a great man who sacrificed his life for the love of Allah and the love of his country."
Sheikh Rahman: "Do you know how this man sacrificed his life for the love of his country? He is the same man who declared that all religions are equal. He made the infidels and the grandchildren of the monkeys and pigs equal to the Muslims. He made the world's greatest criminal murderer his dear friend . This man who you claim sacrificed his life for Allah broke all of Allah's laws in this country. He even described the Muslim women's veil as a tent. This man insulted Allah when he danced with and hugged women publicly This man led our country to free enterprise and nearly destroyed our economy . He led our country to moral and social disaster."
From 1985 through 1990, Abd al Rahman appeared in England, Switzerland, the United States, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and of course, the Sudan. His travels were funded by the Sauds, and his purpose was to promote jihad around the world.
In 1988, the sheik returned to Peshawar, Pakistan, the main mujahideen base on the Afghan frontier. On this visit, he met with Dr. Abdullah Azzam, a Jordanian-born Palestinian and Islamic law scholar who ran the largest recruitment center for Muslim volunteers for the Afghan war. Azzam's recruitment operation became known as al-Qaeda as it flourished with covert U.S. funding. Over the next two years, Abdel Rahman moved in and out of Peshawar, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Back in Egypt in 1989, Rahman was arrested again and put on trial after an anti-Christian riot broke out at the El Shohada Mosque in Fayoum. It had been his preaching during regular Friday prayers which had inspired the violence against the defenseless Copts.
In 1990, Rahman left Egypt for Sudan - the most ruthless Sunni regime on earth. Despite the fact that he was on a list of suspected terrorists barred from entry into America, the blind Quran scholar was given a visa at the United States Embassy in Khartoum. After another pass through Pakistan to meet with fellow Islamic terrorists including Mullah Omar and Osama bin Laden, he arrived in New York in July 1990. Greeted by enthusiastic American Muslims, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman became the leader of New Jersey's largest mosque.
In 1993, Rahman was charged with leading a terrorist group that orchestrated the World Trade Center bombing, the 1990 assassination of Jewish Defense League leader Rabbi Meir Kahane, as well as a foiled plot to blow up the United Nations building, the Lincoln and Holland tunnels, and the Manhattan offices of the FBI. The world's leading Qur'an scholar was convicted on these charges in 1995 and sentenced to life in prison.
On December 14, 2006, Rahman was admitted to St. John's Regional Hospital in Springfield, Missouri due to a medical emergency. Suffering from diabetes, heart ailments, and a newly discovered liver tumor, he has spent much of his imprisonment at the Springfield Medical Center for federal prisoners. During Ramadan of that year, a videotape issued by al-Qaeda in Iraq sought Western hostages to exchange for Rahman's release. According to the FBI, Rahman remains a significant inspirational source for al-Qaeda and violent reprisals are expected in case of his death in prison.
Rifai Ahmed Taha was Omar Adel Rahman's parner in crime with regard to the formation of al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya. Today, he is a close associate of Osama bin Laden. Taha, like Rahman, is a native of Egypt and is a Salaf Sunni Muslim. In 1998, Taha signed bin Laden's famous fatwa which called for attacks on Americans. Over the years, Taha traveled frequently to Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iran, as a recruiter, fundraiser and spokesperson for GAI and al-Qaeda. Shortly after September 11th, Syria arrested Taha and extradited him to Egypt where he faced the death penalty for his involvement in earlier terrorist attacks. Taha is believed to still be in prison in Egypt and if so, is facing execution.
Nageh Ibrahim was another founding member of al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group). In 1984, he was given a long prison sentence for his involvement in the 1981 assassination of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat. He was released in November 2005 as part of a truce agreement between the Egyptian government and GAI. While in prison, he participated in GAI's renunciation of violence to earn his freedom. In 1997, he was one of eight Islamic Group leaders, who tired of being tortured by Egypt's religious police, helped write four books that denounced jihad tactics against foreigners. It was disingenuous however, because immediately thereafter, the Islamic Group massacred scores of foreign tourists at Luxor.
Also in violation of their repudiation of terror against non-Muslims, in 1993, the Islamic Group helped orchestrate the first World Trade Center bombing in New York. They killed seven Americans, including an unborn child. A total of 1,040 other Americans were wounded in their attack. The first Islamic bombing of the World Trade Center cost Americans $500 million. The costs to America from the second Islamic bombing of the World Trade Center would be much more severe.
- October 9, 1992: In recently "liberated" Kuwait, Chad Hall, an American munitions expert, was kidnapped near the border by jihadists. Hall was taken to Baghdad by Shia militants but released under intense pressure by the U.S. government.
- October 11, 1992: The Iraqi opposition movement Mujahideen-i-Khalq destroyed six Revolutionary Guard vehicles in Qom, Iran.
- October 12, 1992: Kurdish Muslims tossed Molotov cocktails into a Turkish travel agency, a Turkish bank, and a cultural center in Hanover, Germany.
- October 12, 1992: A Swiss Red Cross official was shot and injured in Dahuk, Iraq. America had stirred up a hornet's next. Prior to the U.S. invasion, terrorism was an infrequent occurrence in Iraq. But in the immediate aftermath of Desert Storm, terror became a way of life. The same phenomenon would occur, but on a tremendously greater scale, when America foolishly reinvaded Iraq under George II.
- October 15, 1992: The Mujahideen-i-Khalq bombed a gas station in Tehran. The same day, the Iraq-based Mujahideen-i-Khalq claimed credit for a bomb that went off at the Tehran office of the Revolutionary Guards commander Major General Muhsin Rezai.
- October 16, 1992: In Israel, an orthodox Jewish seminary student in Jerusalem was stabbed and wounded by the Islamic Resistance Movement known by the acronym HAMAS.
- October 21, 1992: Al Gama'a al-Islamiya (the Islamic Group) claimed credit for a machinegun attack on a tour bus in Egypt. One British woman was killed and two British men were injured in the savage attack.
- October 23, 1992: Israeli customs warehouses were set ablaze in East Jerusalem. The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) claimed responsibility for the senseless destruction.
- October 24, 1992: An American working with the Red Cross helping refugees was kidnapped during a jihadist attack on a diamond mining center in Koidu, Sierra Leone. Stolen diamonds helped fund the Libyan-trained Muslim Mujahideen known as RUF.
- October 25, 1992: In Egypt, three Russian tourists were stabbed by a member of the Islamic Group in the Mediterranean coastal city of Port Said.
- October 31, 1992: In Liberia, five American nuns and four Liberian novitiates were murdered by members of the National Patriotic Front of Liberia.
- November 1, 1992: In Egypt, al Gama'a al-Islamiya terrorists claimed responsibility for machine gunning a tour bus carrying Christians in the Nile Valley. Ten people were badly wounded. Salafi Islam isn't the least bit civil.
- November 7, 1992: Muslims in Kuwait were thwarted in their attempt to kidnap American contract employee William Smith.
- November 8, 1992: In Iraq, a grenade exploded near a car used by the Christian relief agency, Save the Children Fund. Two Kurdish guards were wounded in the attack.
- November 12, 1992: The Islamic Group attacked a group of tourist buses in Qena, Egypt, injuring eight German Christians.
- November 18, 1992: A Mobil Oil refinery in Turkey was attacked by the Kurdish Workers Party.
- November 21, 1992: Seven people were injured when 50 masked Muslim Kurds perpetrated an armed assault of a Turkish-owned bar in Linz, Austria.
- November 22, 1992: A firebomb planted at the Russian Consulate in Turkey was disarmed. The PKK claimed responsibility for the incendiary device.
- November 23, 1992: Two houses were set ablaze in Moelln, Germany, killing two Turkish women and a ten-year old girl. In reporting the fires to the fire department, a caller shouted "Heil Hitler." Old allies had become foes.
- December 6, 1992: Hindu extremists destroyed the 16th century Muslim mosque at Ayodhya, India. Muslim-Hindu clashes engulfed India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other nations resulting in over 1,000 deaths. Hindus claimed the mosque was built on the birth site of the Hindu god Rama. While Rama isn't god, and no god was actually born on earth, Muslims are keen on defacing the most important sites of other religions by building their mosques and shrines on top of them. The Temple Mount in Jerusalem with the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque serves as a prime example.
- December 7, 1992: In Italy, a Somali refugee was set ablaze as he slept in a crude shelter. Surprisingly, the victim was not seriously injured.
- December 7, 1992: An Iraqi nuclear engineer was assassinated in Amman, Jordan, while dining with his family. The victim had been trying to flee with his family to Libya.
- December 7, 1992: Bombs were discovered hidden in UN relief trucks headed for the northern Kurdish region of Iraq.
- December 15, 1992: An Israeli policeman was discovered dead after being kidnapped by Hamas members. The terrorist Muslims had intended to trade the innocent man for their jailed leader, Sheik Ahmed Yassin.
- December 16, 1992: Eight U.N. aid trucks were destroyed in Iraq when Muslims bombed the hands that were trying to feed them. The attack occurred in the northern part of the country, which was dominated by Kurdish Muslims.
- December 23, 1992: A Turkish woman and her brother-in-law were badly burned when a bomb disguised as a Christmas package exploded in their faces in Cologne, Germany.
- December 25, 1992: Eight people were killed when RUF Islamic terrorists attacked a British hospital run by Catholic nuns in Segbwem, Sierra Leone. The Marxist Muslim terrorist organization RUF (Revolutionary United Front) has mutilated and murdered countless innocent souls.
During the second half of the 1980s, many university students in Sierra Leone became "radicalized" by exposure to the doctrines of, Colonel Moamar Qadhafi, the Muslim Marxist Libyan dictator. In 1987 and 1988, around fifty Sierra Leoneans were taken to Libya for training in the art of Islamic revolution. Among the students was Foday Sankoh, a functional illiterate and former army corporal who had been jailed for anti-social behavior, had become part of a revolutionary cell in Kono. Three of those trained in Qadhafi's Libya, including Foday Sankoh, started the Revolutionary United Front (RUF).
At the end of 1989, Charles Taylor launched an attack on Samuel Doe's government with a small band of men. Several of them, including Taylor himself, had received training in Libya from the Muslim Marxist Qaddafi. Taylor received considerable support from Foday Sankoh and the RUF.
A humanitarian crisis resulted in the early ‘90s from the RUF's tactics, which followed Islamic protocol and involved brutal attacks on unarmed civilians and children. Attempting to copy the ethnic and religious incitement that had served Charles Taylor in Liberia, the RUF like their mentor Muhammad, targeted traders; plundering and beheading more than 100. These atrocities and others caused rapid and widespread displacement.
Until about 1995, it was unclear what the RUF stood for, who Foday Sankoh was, and what he wanted. In his Revolutionary United Front's Footpaths to Democracy, he proclaimed that his stated purpose was identical to the murderous sexual pervert Mao Zedong and Frantz Fanon (known as Abdullah, or Slave to Allah).
The RUF war in Sierra Leone ultimately caused the deaths of 75,000 people and forced over half of the country's population to leave their homes. The Muslim Marxist Revolutionary United Front waged a terrorist campaign, which included the deliberate and systematic mutilation of civilians. Brutal attacks on non-military targets and public executions of minority ethnic groups where commonplace, producing millions of refugees. The RUF had two major calling cards: dead civilians and thousands of people with their hands, feet, ears or genitals crudely amputated. It was as if they had read Qur'an 5:33: "The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and his Prophet and perpetrate disorders in the land is to kill them or crucify them, or have a hand on one side and a foot on the other side cut off, banishing them from the land. Such is their disgrace in the world and in the hereafter their doom shall be dreadful."
- December 28, 1992: A leading opponent of the Iranian religious regime was kidnapped in Istanbul, Turkey.
- December 29, 1992: Bombs exploded at two hotels in Aden, Yemen, where U.S. Marines were staying prior to being shipped off to Somalia for "peacekeeping duties." An Austrian tourist and an employee of one of the hotels were killed. A bomb in a third hotel was safely defused.
Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri executed the bombing of the Gold Mihor Hotel in Aden, Yemen in which the two men died. The facility had served as home for 100 American troops who were part of Operation Restore Hope in Somalia. Within hours of the attack, all American personnel were airlifted out of Yemen. Al-Qaeda, bent on revenge for having been jilted at the alter of jihad in Saudi Arabia, had won its first skirmish against America.
During this time, bin Laden was using farms and business in the Sudan to recruit jihadists and to raise funds for future terrorist campaigns. He proposed that Hizballah, the pro-Iranian Shi'ite terrorist club, work with the Sunni-dominated al-Qaeda in their common quest to kill Americans stationed in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. When the dust finally settles and the age of man comes to a close, I believe that bin Laden will be known more for unifying fundamentalist Shia and Sunni Muslims in jihad against Socialists, Christians, and Jews, than for the handful of significant terrorist raids he has helped facilitate.
Somalia, like so many other Islamic countries, was inhospitable to a free press. So much of the horror which occurred there, stayed there. Islamic terrorists could kill an American or Jew, and much of the world would know about it because their societies were conducive to open discussion. That is not the case in any land controlled by Islam, so we seldom hear just how bad conditions are in those places.
Somalia, the nation to which the intended American targets were headed, is a great example. It's 99.9% Islamic. With no reporters, there were no reports. And yet, Somalia may be second only to the Sudan in terms of deaths attributable to Islam.
The downfall of Somalia began with the first wave of Islamic aggression, circa 700 CE. They were just a boat ride away from where the first Muslims were manufactured by Muhammad.
Arabs and Islam retained their oppressive control over the Somali people until the sultanate began to disintegrate in the 1500s. By 1860, coastal Somalia had became a French, then Egyptian, then British, then Italian colony, all over the course of thirty years. In 1950, Italian-controlled Somaliland became a U.N. trust. Six years later, the country was called autonomous, but it wouldn't be until 1960 that the British and Italians removed their heavy hand from above the Islamic government of Aden Abdullah Osman Daar. Then things got especially interesting when General Muhammad Siad Barre assumed power in a 1969 coup.
Like so many others, the warlord Muhammad Siad Barre was a Marxist Muslim who was facilitated in his ability to tyrannize his people by way of financial and military gifts from the Soviet Union. He was a ruthless dictator, something Muslims (those who submit to the ruthless religion) seem to attract. To rise to power, Barre's predecessor, Abdi Rashid Ali Shermarke, had to be assassinated. Once empowered, Barre nationalized the economy with the help of Soviet advisers and Cuban troops. His Supreme Ruling Council formulated political and legal policies based on Muhammad's Qur'an, Marx, Mao, and Mussolini. It's almost enough to make you want to strike the letter "M" from the alphabet.
General Siad Barre explained the merits of picking these mentors: "The official ideology consists of three elements: my own conception of community, a form of socialism based on Marxist principles, and of Islam." The combination of Musolini's Fascism, Marx's Communism, and Muhammad's Islam caused anarchy and widespread starvation, just as it did in Mao's China - a place where 40 million people were starved to death to create man's utopian state.
The United States was dragged into the fray when General Muhammad Barre used his Soviet alliance in the early 1970s to wrest the Ogaden region from Ethiopia. But a leftist coup in Ethiopia caused the Soviets to switch sides, and their Cuban proxies drove the Somalis out of the Ogaden in 1974. Somalia fragmented into Islamic fiefdoms controlled by rival warlords in 1991, causing the Marxist Muslim Barre to flee the country. The former British Somaliland (northern Somalia) tried to secede, as fighting moved into the cities.
The presence of militant Islam and its lack of regard for life makes it next to impossible to cite accurate statistics on Somalia, but some think that there are now approximately 7.8 million inhabitants (down from 8.9 million in 1975). They post a stunningly low (even for the Islamic world) annual per capita income guesstimate of just $600. The median age is 17.5 years - just old enough to carry a Qur'an in one hand and a gun in the other. All of these Muslims are impoverished, because Islam made them that way.
Islamic beliefs can be seen in all aspects of Somali life: culture, government, attitudes, customs, and gender roles. Islam has been in Somali since the 7th century, so it has had plenty of time to fester. It starts with young Somalis memorizing the Qur'an, the very document which enslaves them, at age three. Yet it is all for show, two thirds of Somalis are illiterate.
Somali Muslims, as they do throughout Africa, practice one of mankind's most savage rites on their young. Islamic clerics believe that female circumcision will help to ensure women will remain virgins until marriage, because sex becomes very painful and brings no pleasure. Muslim girls are viciously mutilated by the age of five. In the savage world of Islam, girls who are not circumcised are considered unclean, and thus never marry. The reason this is done at such a young age, is that the 50-year-old prophet Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6 years old, setting the Islamic standards for statutory rape. Therefore, Muslim "women" need to be "prepared" for marriage before their 6th birthday.
Famine is Islam's constant companion, so we should not be surprised that it has scourged this land. Mass starvation had been the reason for UN military intervention from 1992 to 1994. But aid was terminated not long after an American helicopter was downed and eighteen American soldiers were killed and mutilated. After the Americans left, mass starvation resumed in this culture controlled by a parade of Muslim warlords. At the time, the United Nations reported that half a million people faced starvation. But because Muslims routinely terrorized aid workers, too little food entered the country, and that which did was used by the warlords to cement their power over the starving population.
Somalia has been without cohesive governance since 1991. Thousands of Somalis remain in refugee camps where conditions are horrific. In this land, where everyone is a Muslim, beatings and rape are commonplace. And that's worth noting, because Muslim terrorists justify their attacks on the West by saying that the Infidels deserve their fate because they are decadent and immoral. Rape and all other forms of violence against women and young boys was commonplace in Afghanistan under the control of the fundamentalist Taliban and al-Qaeda, too. It is pervasive in the Sudan, where jihadists capture young girls and sell them to government officials as sex slaves to buy weapons.
With Somalia's long, unpatrolled coastline and lack of a central government, the U.S. feared that it would continue to serve as a refuge for Islamic terrorists. American officials claimed that terror cells and training camps operated all over the country. CIA officials believed the 1998 bombings of the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were at least partially planned in Somalia, and that Al Qaeda aided a local fundamentalist Islamic group, Al Itihaad. In 1993, Osama bin Laden issued a fatwa, an Islamic religious decree, pressing Somalis to drive U.S. forces out of the country. He also sent several top lieutenants to Somalia to assist warlord Mohamed Farah Aideed, in resisting U.N. humanitarian efforts designed to keep Muslims from starving to death.
Despite what the U.S. claimed to justify its ill-fated incursion into Somalia, the truth is that during this period, most international Islamic terrorists were congregating in Pakistan and in the Sudan. The conditions in Somalia were too inhospitable and unstable.
Further, the U.S. campaign against the tactic of terrorism, rather than the religion of Islam, may have hurt what was left of Somalia's economy. President Bush froze the assets of al Barakaat, a money-transfer company used by Somalis living abroad to send money home. Investigators claimed al Qaeda transferred funds through the financial service, and that its owners had shared profits with Osama bin Laden's network. If it were true, they were not in the league of BCCI, a bank connected to Bush and Clinton financial interests, and infinitely more engaged with al-Qaeda than the fledging al Barakaat.
Even less careful with people than money, Somali immigration into America remains an open sore. Recently, the U.S. agreed to accept 20,500 new Somali Bantu refugees. They will bring the deadly doctrine of Islam with them.
The best we can determine, the Somali Civil War between rival Islamic clans reached epidemic proportions in the early 1990s. Caught in the crossfire, over 800,000 Somalis fled their homes and congregated into refugee camps in neighboring countries. It is also estimated that an additional two million people still living inside Somalia have been forced from their homes and land. The death toll from war and starvation could be anywhere from hundreds of thousands to one million souls.
While we don't know the full scope of the suffering in Somalia, in that Islam is universally intolerant of free speech and thus journalists, we can piece together how they got into their most recent fix. In a rift between competing warlords, Aideed spent the late 1960s and early 1970s in prison for planning a coup against Muslim Marxist Barre. But Barre eventually freed Aideed and made him an ambassador. Then after Barre precipitated a disastrous war against Ethiopia over the status of the Ogaden region in 1977, Western aid dried up, the situation in Somalia grew much worse, and the Marxist Muslim Barre became ever more repressive to maintain his grip on power. He began a policy of systematic kidnapping and murder against rival warlords that increased in ferocity over time.
Antigovernment riots led to an overreaction on the part of Siad Barre's bodyguards, who killed 65 civilians and seriously injured over 300 in 1990, causing the army and the people to turn against him. In a prolonged series of riots and political maneuvers, Barre was forced to flee the country in January 1991. In the vacuum of power, increased of violence led to the virtual destruction of governance and to economic chaos.
With Barre deposed, Aideed rose to power again as the leader of the United Somali Congress, the best armed of the competing factions. But his power grab was undermined when USC expatriates in Italy proclaimed fundamentalist Muslim, Ali Mahdi, President of the Republic of Somalia. Fortunately for Aideed, the proclamation was recognized by very few inside the country, because they lacked the necessary stable of mujahideen to impose their will.
In June 1991, Aideed was elected Chairman of the United Somali Congress by a two-thirds margin of those who were allowed to vote. But Ali Mahdi refused to step down as President. By October 1991, Ali Mahdi had formed a government, and the Italians promised massive financial support for the Islamic fundamentalist. However, a messy civil war erupted as various warlord-based clans of Muslim militants vied for control.
Aideed's militia forces gained the upper hand, confining Mahdi's fundamentalists to an impoverished section of Somalia's capital, Mogadishu. Aideed then concentrated his efforts on the more violent Muslim militias in southern Somalia, which were largely responsible for the famine in that region.
As Somalia lapsed into Islamic-based clan warfare, regional warlords established independent power bases. This led to a fight over food supplies, with each clan raiding the storehouses and depots of the others, ultimately bringing famine to hundreds of thousands of the nation's poor. Although private and volunteer relief organizations established refugee camps to try to prevent mass starvation, they were not able to marshal the requisite security structure that was needed in a land awash in Islam. As a result, international relief organizations paid protection money to the Islamic warlords, further empowering them. It was similar to what businessmen do when they are threatened by the MAFIA. More often than not, supplies never reached the hands of those who needed them, but instead were confiscated by the warlords who distributed or sold them to enhance their own power and prestige.
Misery was compounded by vicious brutality at the hands of the heavily armed Islamic gangs. Pictures of starving, fly-covered children appeared on American television screens and in the pages of news magazines. But there was nothing anyone could do, so long as Islam served to guide Somali morality, justice, economics and politics. When Muslims are empowered, missions designed to promote life, liberty, self-reliance, and prosperity, are doomed to fail. Ignorant of this, President George H. W. Bush intervened in a country at war with itself and its religion.
In March 1993, six warlord clans from northern and central Somalia allied with Aideed, adopting the traditional Somali political system known as the Xeer (pronounced "hair"). Since the only "traditional Somali political system" was Islam, it's safe to say that Xeer was the Somali dialect's name for Sharia law, something the CIA confirms. And since Islam considers killing a good thing, this all lead to another bloody civil war with devastation on all sides. In the midst of the terror, Aideed's faction emerged as the primary force, as he had craftily formed a coalition of warlords.
The United Nations opened an office in Mogadishu a few months after Aideed routed Mahdi's mujahideen. The UN representative realized he was too late to mediate between the two factions, and concentrated on reducing the famine in southern Somalia. But U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan, wanted a more political role and fired him. The United Nation's new leadership declared Somalia an anarchy, Aideed a bandit, and firearms the problem. The U.N. then embarked on a military campaign to occupy Somalia. In the process, as they are wont to do around the world, the U.N. attempted the full disarmament of the Somali population, with the intent of establishing a central government consistent with U.N. philosophies. Their campaign, not surprisingly, was expensive and resulted in more violence, as the Somali tribes fought to preserve Islamic systems.
The American involvement in Somalia spanned two administrations. Toward the end of the Bush term, the United States sent approximately 25,000 troops to Somalia to assist the United Nations with the distribution of famine relief supplies and to help it establish its political agenda. By the time Bill Clinton took office in 1993, U.S. troop levels had been vastly reduced, largely replaced with forces operating under the UN flag.
Things would change however, because on June 5, 1993, U.N. troops attempted to shut down Aideed's radio station, because it was broadcasting "propaganda," or more accurately, an anti-U.N. message. In a victory for freedom of speech, or at least Muslim propaganda, Somali militiamen repelled the attack. In the process, the Muslim militia killed 23 Pakistani U.N. troops.
The successful repulse of the U.N. attack on the Somali radio station led the United States to commit the lives of U.S. troops. Their five-month manhunt for Aideed was a costly and bloody affair. Dozens of U.S. and U.N. troops, and hundreds of Somalis, were killed in pursuit of this foolish and failed New World Order political agenda. As UN/US clashes with local Islamic warlords increased, American troops became increasingly engaged in policing operations. Somalia became a preview, a test case, for what would happen in Iraq ten years hence.
As a result, in early October 1993, the U.S. retreated from the mission, when two Blackhawk helicopters were shot down, leading to the deaths of 18 U.S. soldiers, some of whose corpses were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu. Eighty U.S. soldiers were severely wounded, savagely gunned down by the people they were trying to help. While the United States briefly reinforced its troops to aid in the withdrawal, the U.N./U.S. nation-building scheme was finished - a dismal failure. There would be no victory, because victory was not possible. Criticized for having made decisions that contributed to the disaster, Secretary of Defense Les Aspin resigned two months later.
The whole nasty affair was but a foreshadow of what would happen in Iraq. Next year, when we reach October 1993 in our timeline, we will examine this episode, this microcosm of future history, in excruciating detail. But for now, consider this summary.
During the weeks from June 5th to October 3rd, 1993, U.N./U.S. forces inflicted 6,000 to 10,000 casualties on the Somali Muslim resistance, according to Eric Schmitt in his December 8, 1993, New York Times article. U.S. Marine Corps General Anthony Zinni estimated that two-thirds of the casualties were women and children. While there were brave men fighting to save their comrades, politically, there were no good guys in this story. It, like the failed invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq a decade later, serve as lesson as to what happens when politicians don't think rationally or morally. These failed and deadly policies are further aided and abetted by an ignorant, politically-motivated citizenry which supports the bloody affair by rallying around the troops, believing that they are doing the right thing.
While the political mission was lost before it began, the humanitarian relief effort failed because lawless gangs of Muslim militants seized food and medical supplies and used them to bribe loyalty while letting thousands starve. Warring Islamic political factions, supported by their private armies, amassed food stockpiles, but only fed those who were willing to fight for them. They terrorized the international relief workers, stealing food and killing whoever did not pay protection money.
Only a small fraction of the costly U.N. relief effort actually benefited Somalis. Most of the money was spent on the U.N./U.S. military effort aimed at political control, according to the Los Angeles Times. Foreign corporations profited from such items as fast-food sales to U.N./U.S. soldiers, a $9-million sewer system in the U.N./U.S. headquarters, and from overpriced helicopter flights for Western officials. It became clear to those on the ground that the CFR-sponsored U.N. was more concerned with money, power, and politics than the noble ideals to which they paid lip service.
In March 1994, U.S. and other Western troops withdrew from Somalia. In June 1995, the United Somali Congress called a meeting at which Aideed was ousted as chairman. He was replaced by former ally Osman Hassan Ali Atto. Knowing that he was outgunned, Atto actually asked the U.N. troops to return.
Aideed refused to recognize the Congress, calling it foreign-manipulated. His supporters established a new faction which elected him president. In September 1995, in a major military move, Aideed and six hundred jihadists seized the southern Somali city of Baidoa. Fighting in Mogadishu erupted again in October 1995 as Ali Mahdi's supporters fired at ships from which Aideed collected a tax. That kept them from docking, even though many were carrying food. And on and on the story goes…
Prior to George II's invasion of Iraq, no nation-building operation of the U.S. military proved as costly or shocking, as that undertaken in Somalia from August 1992 to March 1994. Greeted initially by Somalis happy to be saved from starvation, U.S. troops were slowly drawn into the power struggles between Muslim warlords. The American people woke up one day in early October 1993 to news reports of dozens of U.S. Rangers having been killed or mutilated. Dead U.S. soldiers were dragged through the streets by cheering Somali mobs, the very people Americans thought they had rescued from starvation. The murderers were celebrating death.
As such, the streets of Mogadishu should have been a wake up call. The West should have asked: who are these people and what makes them so crazed and so deadly? Had Americans done so, the nation might have stopped, or at least understood what happened eight years later on 9/11/2001.
Ultimately many Somalis were temporarily rescued from starvation, but at the cost of the lives of thirty American soldiers, four marines, and eight Air Force personnel. The mission that had seemed worthy ended up disastrously because Muslims don't value life or liberty, the very things the West was trying to supply.
With foreboding, yet unheeded echoes to Iraq a decade later, the United States allowed itself to be drawn into a chaotic political and religious situation that it did not understand. In a country where the United States naively expected some measure of gratitude for its help, American forces were seen as jihad targets rather than liberators trying to establish a democratic government.
As would be the case in Iraq, the Somali people were the principle victims of their own leaders, but they were too indoctrinated to recognize it. The American military had been asked to do the impossible: establish the conditions for peace and prosperity, liberty and life, in the midst of an Islamic nation which was opposed to these very things. Therefore, there was no peace to keep, no liberty to give, no prosperity to set in place, no life worth living. The American soldier had, as always, done his best to perform a confusing and misguided mission. But in the end, it was our politicians' failure to understand Islam that ultimately sacrificed blood and coin to make a bad situation worse. It wasn't the first, and wouldn't be the last time America would make this mistake.