2000 January - June
Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- Opening Comment: As you read through this installment of the Islamic Terrorist Timeline I'd like for you to pay special attention to what is not here. There were no reported terrorist attacks in Afghanistan or Iraq. While Islam and secular dictators had made life miserable in these places, terrorist assaults were few and far between. But that all changed when the "Crusaders" arrived and became targets. Rather than having to fly halfway around the world to kill "Infidels," the victims came to them. We will witness an explosion of terror in Afghanistan and Iraq in the months following America's counterproductive wars. .
- January 1, 2000: In India, Islamic Hezb-ul-Mujahideen (Party of Holy Warriror's) leader Jahoor Ahmad Sheikh was killed in Kashmir. He had attacked a military complex in '99, killing five.
- January 3, 2000: In India, Muslim militants were blamed for bombing a Kashmir market killing 17, injuring 20.
- January 3, 2000: Just as there was a trial run for the New York World Trade Center Bombing, there was one for the U.S. Navy in Yemen. On this day in the Port of Aden, a light-boat bomb attack on the USS Sullivans failed. However, the Yemeni government and harbor authorities kept vital, life saving information regarding the mission from the U.S. government until after the USS Cole was attacked by Muslim militants, killing American 17 sailors.
- January 3, 2000: In Lebanon, Ahmad Abu-Kharrub, a member of the Lebanese terrorist organization Asbat- al-Ansar (League of Helpers), fired rocket-propelled grenades at the Russian Embassy in Beirut. They claimed that it was an act of solidarity with Chechen Muslims terrorizing Russia under the leadership of Shamil Basayev, the Islamic warlord dedicated to converting the entire Caucasus region into an Islamic theocracy.
A Lebanese policeman was killed in the attack and Abu-Kharrub was shot to death. Many were injured. Residents of the 'Ayn al-Hulway refugee camp in Lebanon, where Asbat- al-Ansar maintains a strong presence, claimed that members of the group were sent to Beirut and other cities to carry out attacks against Russians.
Asbat- al-Ansar (League of Helpers) is a Salafi, or fundamentalist, Sunni Islamic jihadist organization in Lebanon. Its members are primarily Palestinian refugees. Based in the Ayn al-Hilwah refugee camp in southern Lebanon, Asbat- al-Ansar maintains a close association with al-Qaeda as well as all other Sunni mujahideen.
Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, and Syria are among the most prolific incubators for Islamic terrorist groups. While HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Group), Hizballah (Allah's Party), and al-Fatah's al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades are the most popular terrorist groups in the region, there are many smaller associations like Asbat- al-Ansar, that given the opportunity can become large. Such was the case of al-Qaeda which was much smaller than the al-Jihad organization which it eventually absorbed.
Asbat- al-Ansar, like most Islamic terrorist organizations, whether Sunni or Shia, bases its ideology on Salafism - which is original, authentic, pure, uncorrupted, and fundamentalist Islam. The 9/11 suicide bombers were Salafi Muslims as are 95% of the world's terrorists and 99.99% of Islamic terrorists.
Salafi (Ancestor) Islam (Submission) is the Islam of Muhammad (Islam's lone prophet and Allah's singular voice). It is the Islam recorded in the Qur'an (Recital from ar-Rahman and Allah), in the Hadith (Oral Reports from the Salafi regarding Muhammad), the Sira (Biography of Muhammad), and Ta'rikh (History of Islam's Formation). Salafi Islam is indistinguishable from Sunnah (Example of Muhammad that is the basis of all Islamic nations and cultures). Salafi Islam provides the entire basis of Sharia Law - the most repressive and anti-democratic legal system in the world). Based upon polling data from Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Lebanon, and the recent Palestinian elections, sixty to seventy percent of Muslims worldwide are Salafists. That means that fundamentalist Islam, the Islam of virtually all terrorists, is not a fringe movement. Salafi Islam is the purest form of Islam, based entirely upon the oldest and most authentic Islamic sources, so it is the antithesis of a corruption of the religion. Salafist Muslims surrender to Allah's, Muhammad's, and the Qur'an's authority so they are the opposite of insurgents(meaning those who rebel against authority). While Salafist Muslims highjacked airplanes and turned them into weapons of mass destruction, the terrorists have not highjacked their religion.
Until you come to understand what the five oldest sources reveal about Muhammad, Allah, and Islam (those being the Qur'an, Ishaq's Sira, Tabari's Ta'rikh, and Bukhari's and Muslim's Hadith Collections) you have no chance whatsoever of understanding Islamic terrorism or how to combat it. In fact, like the president of the United States, if you speak out or lash out without first coming to understand Salafi Islam, you will do far more harm than good. It is why I wrote Prophet of Doom - Islam's Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad's Own Words before composing this terrorist timeline.
The Saud Wahhabi warlords oppressing the indoctrinated fiefdom of Saudi Arabia are resolutely Salafists. That is why Saudi Arabia is one of the world's leading terrorist manufacturing facilities. It is why 85% of the 9/11 suicide bombers were Saudi subjects. Al-Qaeda is Salafist and Wahhabist, and thus is lock step with the Islamic educational and religious system entrenched in Saudi Arabia. Al-Qaeda (the Base) is a spiritual religious association and not an organization based upon race, geography, or infrastructure. Osama bin Laden's authority comes from Islam. Among al-Qaeda's four founding fathers you will find a Saudi, a Pakistani, a Palestinian, and an Egyptian.
The second most significant contributor to Islamic terrorism is Pakistan, where the dictatorial government of General Musharaf is Salafist. Pakistan's mosques and madrassas have manufactured as many, if not more, terrorists than even Saudi Arabia. They are responsible for the Taliban - the fundamentalist regime harboring al-Qaeda before the leadership actually moved into Pakistan. Taliban chief Mullah Omar was trained in the Binori Mosque Madrassa in Karachi. The head of Pakistan's ISI intelligence service, Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad, not only provided the funds, arms, and direction to the Taliban, he and they provided direct wire transfers to Muhammad Atta, the 9/11 ringleader, immediately before he murdered 3,000 Americans. Pakistan is the home of Ramzi Yousef and Khalid Shaikh Muhammad, the men most believe conceived the first and second World Trade Center bombings.
The third member of the Salafist Trinity may take you by surprise. It is the Shia mullahs who lord over Iran. Shia Islam is Salafi Islam. All five of Islam's earliest and most authoritative sources, including the Qur'an, are Shi'ite in origin. The Islamic clerics who control Iran are Salafists - as are the poisonous anti-Semitic words which pour out of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's mouth. But the moment you recognize this reality, all hope of victory in Afghanistan and Iraq dissipates. By way of the Taliban, Pakistan still controls neighboring Afghanistan. And by way of Shi'ite clerics like al-Sadr and the Ayatollah al-Sistani, Iran now controls neighboring Iraq. .
Returning to the fledgling Asbat- al-Ansar terrorist organization in Lebanon, understand that their members believe in a literal interpretation of the Qur'an and Sunnah, and thus in the imposition of an Islamic theocracy and Sharia Law. As a direct result, the group is virulently opposed to Israel, the West, and other religions in Lebanon, Christians and Druze in particular. In total, the Asbat- al-Ansar hopes to set up a Sunni Islamic state in Lebanon.
The group was formed in the late 1980s by Sheikh Hisham Shreidi, a Palestinian refugee and Islamic cleric. Shreidi was killed in 1991 by al-Fatah rivals, and shortly after his death, the Asbat- al-Ansar split in to three factions: Asbat al-Nour, Jama'at al-Nur, and Jund as-Sham (Army of the Levant). Asbat al-Nour was founded by Hisham's eldest son Abdullah in a dispute over leadership with Ahmad Abd al-Karim al-Saadi, a.k.a. Abu Mohjen. Abu Mohjen was Sheikh Hisham Shreidi's top lieutenant and widely accepted successor. Abdullah and his younger brother Muhammad, were killed by Palestinian al-Fatah gunmen in 2003 and 2004 respectively. The other faction, Jund as-Sham, would later be incorporated into Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's Tawhid and Jihad network in Iraq. Abu Mohjen was reportedly named a top deputy by al-Zarqawi. Abu Mohjen has been sentenced to death in absentia several times by the Lebanese government and is believed to be operating in Iraq.
In its early stages, Asbat- al-Ansar was responsible for attacks on soft targets such as clubs, liquor stores, and movie theaters. The group was also thought to be responsible for raids on rival militant and religious leaders, including Sunnis the group deemed to be too moderate. In the late 1990s, their jihadists began attacking targets of greater significance. Asbat- al-Ansar is thought to be responsible for killing four Lebanese judges in 1999, a rocket attack on the Russian Embassy in Lebanon in January 2000, several thwarted attempts to assassinate the American Ambassador, as well as a foiled plot to attack the Italian Embassy, the Ukrainian Consulate General, and Lebanese Government offices in 2004. They organized a coup attempt in 2000 which was carried out by its allies Tafkir wa Hijra, another Sunni Salafi Qur'an Study Group. The failed coup left scores of people dead, including Lebanese soldiers and civilians. More recently, Asbat- al-Ansar has been tied to a number of bombings at fast food restaurants in Lebanon, and has also been embroiled in an ongoing battle with al-Fatah over control of 'Ayn al-Hilwah which has cost many lives.
Asbat- al-Ansar remains dedicated to its goal of a Sunni Islamic state in Lebanon, but more than that, they have embraced the pan-Islamic ideals of Salafi Qur'anic Islam, and are thus planning on extending their operations into Syria, Israel, and Iraq. Although relatively small, the League of Helpers is very dangerous and active.
- January 10, 2000: In Islamic Algeria, a utility worker was killed by a bomb in Tafal. Two others were injured. The attack was part of a series of sabotage incidents designed to destabilize the government in favor of a more fundamentalist Islamic regime.
- January 16, 2000: In Turkey, a bomb was detonated at the Hurriyet Media Towers in Istanbul. The Islami Buyuk Dogu Akincilar Cephesi, or IBDA-C, the Islamic Great East Raiders' Front claimed responsibility for trying to silence free speech.
Established in the 1970s by Salih Mirzabeyoglu, the Islamic Great Eastern Raiders Front is an Islamist terrorist organization operating in Turkey. The group's philosophy was shaped by an obscure Islamic revivalist, Necip Fazil Kisakurek, a Turkish poet and philosopher. This grand view stressed the "Great Orient," which called for the establish an Islamic state based on uncorrupted Islamic ideals. (Which is why the Yasser Arafat's Fatah/PLO/PA was headquartered in the "Orient House" in Ramallah.
The Islami Buyuk Dogu Akincilar Cephesi combines Marxist slogans and Muslim verses throughout its publications, indicating that its ideology is similar to the Marxist Muslim dictatorships in Libya, Algeria, Uganda, Iraq, and the Sudan. Unlike other Turkish Islamist groups, the IBDA-C does not have any connections to Iran or its Shi'ite mullahs.
The IBDA-C's activities have consistently been directed against Turkey and the West. The group sees the Turkish government as insufficiently Islamic and seeks to use violence to destabilize the mostly fundamentalist regime. Like all Islamist groups, the Great Eastern Raiders' Front is virulently anti-Western, anti-Semitic, and anti-Christian. A spiritual group, they are decentralized, consisting of cells that conduct operations autonomously. Civilian targets are typically attacked through the use of Molotov cocktails, ambushes, and bombings.
The IBDA-C has cooperated with various Islamic opposition elements in Turkey, including the PKK, in their quest destabilize Turkey's tenuous blend of Islamic theocracy, military dictatorship, and approved-party-only democracy. The organization has recently boasted of an affiliation with al-Qaeda.
One of the IBDA-C's most publicized attacks occurred in the eastern city of Sivas, when group members firebombed a hotel in July, 1993, killing 37 people. Turkish police, however, believe the organization has claimed responsibility for attacks orchestrated by other terrorist groups in order to elevate its image - something that is incongruous with moral thought, yet consistent with Islamic indoctrination.
Since the 1990s, the Great Eastern Raiders' Front has become increasingly violent. In 1998, the Turkish government arrested the IBDA-C's leader, Salih Mirzabeyoglu. The arrest has no impact on diminishing terrorism. The Turkish government's latest crackdown on IBDA-C, code-named "Operation Mould," commenced in May 2006 and resulted in the arrest of a score of suspected members. Yet in spite of these arrests, the IBDA-C remains an active threat to the fragile Turkish government.
Salih Mirzabeyoglu is the founder and leader of the Islamic Great Eastern Raiders' Front. He is said to have written over 40 books. His IBDA-C was founded as a breakaway fraction from the National Salvation Party, which is a Turkish political party. Under Mirzabeyoglu leadership, the IBDA-C has been responsible for numerous terrorist attacks against diplomatic, government, media, and commercial targets. In 1998, Mirzabeyoglu was arrested by Turkish police on charges of attempting to overthrow the government. Over the next few years, he and fellow IBDA-C inmates were responsible for several riots.
The capture of Mirzabeyoglu was seen as a great blow to the capabilities of IBDA-C. However, the group has remained active during his incarceration, and has not shown any signs of dissolution or deactivation. A pope dies and a new pope is appointed - such is the life of a religious organization. In this regard killing Osama bin Laden will make no difference. Al-Qaeda is a product of Islam and terrorism is a symptom.
- January 17, 2000: In Karachi, Pakistan a powerful explosive device was detonated in front of a sugarcane juice shop. At least eight people were killed in the blast and 14 were injured. Al-Nawaz claimed responsibility for the murderous crime. In their statement of claim, the al-Nawaz group wrote: "We will continue spreading intense fear as a protest against the hijacking of our favorite leader Muhammad Nawaz Sharif's elected government.".
Muhammad Sharif was the head of Pakistan's fundamentalist Muslim League. He was twice elected Prime Minister. His rule came to an abrupt end with the military coup of General Pervez Musharraf in 1999.
Since Pakistan is ground zero for Islamic terrorism, a historical review is in order. Nawaz Sharif's Muslim League, founded by Aga Khan, was chiefly responsible for Pakistan being carved out of India as an Islamic state. At the time Muslims were outnumbered by Hindus in India four to one.
The Muslim League is actually a derivative of the ruthless Muslim Mongol Empire that oppressed the region from the 16th to 19th century. During the transition of power from Mongol Muslims to British colony and then to independence, Sir Percival Griffiths, wrote: "The Muslims believe that their interests must be regarded as completely separate from those of the Hindus, and that no fusion of the two communities is possible." So in 1906 the leaders of the Indian Muslim community formed a militant group called "Islam is in Danger," later renamed the Muslim League under the leadership of Sultan Muhammad Shah, also known as Aga Khan. A colorful Muslim, Queen Victoria conferred the distinction of Knight Commander of the Indian Empire on him. France would give him "Miss France 1930" - for his forth wife.
In a score of years the Muslim League became the lone political and religious voice of Muslims in India. They went from being supportive of Britain to being an enemy. By 1930 they rejected participation in India's secular government and demanded a separate Islamic state for Indian Muslims in "Pakistan" - meaning "the land of the pure" Muslims. Not wanting that outcome, he Brits postured a unified secular and religiously tolerant constitution in a unified India but the Muslims would have no part of it. So in these events we have a window into Iraq today. Gandhi even criticized the Muslim league as "sectarian and divisive.".
In the 1940s, Jinnah, who was known as "Qaid-e-Azam-the Great Leader," akin to Adolf Hitler, became the recognized voice of Indian Muslims. In 1946 his Muslim league won 425 of the 496 seats reserved for Muslims in the Indian government. Their campaign platform was based upon a treasonous call for secession. Since Britain had neither will nor way to hold onto India any longer, they attempted to negotiate a partition recognizing that anything less would lead to civil war. Therefore, in 1948 Jinnah became Governor-General of the Land of the Pure. Liaquat Ali Khan became Prime Minister of the new Islamic state. When "the Great Leader" died a couple of years later, Khan was assassinated and is the case with everything Islam touches, Pakistan was racked by riots and famine.
The Muslim League faltered, and in 1958 it was replaced by an Islamic warlord - Muhammad Ayub Khan. He immediately banned all political parties. Freedom isn't something Islam tolerates. The dictator ruled the land of pure Islam from 1958 to 1969. He unlike most Islamic warlords of the time allied his fiefdom with America rather than the Soviet Union. And that opened the doors for enormous foreign aid. Remember, America has always had a bad habit of partnering with dictators (Mao, Stalin, the Sauds, the Shah, even Saddam Hussein). It was Khan who moved the capital from Karachi to Rawalpindi in anticipation of constructing his millennial Reich in Islamabad.
Less than an ideal ally, Khan established close political and military contacts with Communist China which led to the Indo-Pakistani War in 1965. While no one won, Pakistan clearly lost. This lead to further economic collapse, increased government corruption, nepotism, repression of free speech, and censorship - all of the hallmarks of Islamic societies today.
General Yahya Khan became the next dictator to oppress the Land of the Pure in 1969. He lasted two years, turning over power to Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto in 1971. Bhutto was a dapper fellow, the spitting image of Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai. This general ruled until 1977 when he was hanged following a coup by General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq.
General Muhammad Zia Haq held on to power for 11 years, bringing us up to 1988. The dictator, named after the prophet whose religion empowered him, was best known for imposing a strict Taliban-style, interpretation of Sharia Law in Pakistan. He also imposed a constitutional amendment which allowed him to dissolve the National Assembly.
But what haunts us today regarding this Islamic dictator is that he was responsible for creating, arming, and funding the jihadist mujahideen in Afghanistan - including al-Qaeda and the Taliban through his national intelligence service, the ISI. General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq was also the power broker behind the billions in CIA money and arms that flowed to Islam's Holy Warriors - all not so coincidently through his ISI - Inter-Services Intelligence.
After the Soviets were defeated, the Islamic general used the jihadists he had equipped in Afghanistan to terrorize Kashmir. In fact the overwhelming majority of the jihadist who went through Osama bin Laden's terrorist training camps in Afghanistan were turned loose in Kashmir on behalf of Pakistan. It is one of many reasons Pakistan harbors bin Laden today.
While President/General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq allowed Pakistanis to vote in 1978, he was the only candidate. In 1984, he held another referendum but he did not allow any opposition political parties to participate. And as is the rule in Islam, MZH didn't survive to retirement. He was assassinated in a 1988 plane crash.
The man Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq appointed Prime Minister, and later imprisoned, assassinated him. His name was Muhammad Khan Junejo, but he in turn died of a suspicious illness in 1993 and was never much of a factor. Ghulam Ishaq Khan would replace Zia.
It was during this time of chaos in the Land of the Pure that the Muslim League was reformed under the leadership of Nawaz Sharif - for whom the Islamic terrorist group is named. Nawaz Sharif had served as Finance Minister of Punjab under General Zia. After two years of anarchy, Sharif won the November 1990 election as an Islamic fundamentalist. He ruled as Prime Minister until April 1993 when President Ghulam Ishaq Khan imposed the Eighth Amendment to dissolve all elected assemblies. Then Khan dismissed Sharif on corruption charges and nepotism. Nawaz Sharif, and his Muslim League, returned to power in the 1997 elections, because two out of every three Muslims are fundamentalists.
As fundamentalists are wont to do, Nawaz Sharif imposed constitutional changes that eliminated all checks and balances on his power. He opposed the independent judiciary and had the Muslim League storm the Pakistani Supreme Court - forcing the Chief Justice to resign.
But all of this Islamic oppression would be of no real interest to us if it were not for four things: Pakistan's overt support of Islamic terrorism, and most especially the Taliban and al-Qaeda, Pakistan's involvement in the trans-Afghan pipeline that led to the American invasion, Pakistan's financial support of Muhammad Atta on September 11th, 2001, and the decision of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to build a nuclear arsenal.
While we will cover the first three crimes in due time, Pakistan's nuclear ambitions started off poorly, causing Nawaz Sharif to lose face. To stay in power, the unpopular leader revoked the few civil liberties that existed in Pakistan's Islamic culture in 1998. During this time, Sharif had a falling out with the generals. Replacing one with another was like moving the deck chairs around the Titanic. His last replacement, General Pervez Musharraf, would lead a coup to replace him. Over the course of the timeline we will learn a lot more about General Musharraf and the ISI coup lead by General Mahmoud Ahmad - the financier of 9/11.
But for now, know that the murderous terrorist act committed this day in Pakistan in the name of Nawaz Sharif, was perpetrated by a fundamentalist Muslim on behalf of a man who was convicted of tax evasion, corruption, hijacking, and terrorism. But since these are good deeds in Islam, the Saud family of Wahhabi warlords invited the convicted terrorist into their fiefdom where he lives as an honored guest. The Sauds would do the same for Idi Amin, a Muslim who murdered a half million Ugandans, so that hardly made Sharif special.
By way of background, Pakistan sits on the Arabian Sea nestled between India, China, Afghanistan, and Iran. The capital city of the Land of the Pure Muslims tells you all you need to know about the place: Islamabad.
An exploding population of 166 million people crowd an area less than twice the size of California. The median age is consistent with the rest of the world poisoned by Muhammad's corrupt moral code at 19.7 years. The infant mortality rate is an alarming 71 deaths per one-thousand births, but that is more than offset by the fact that more than four children are born to each Muslim woman. Literacy levels for men are 60% and half that for women who have virtually no rights.
In their opening line, the CIA report on the Islamic Republic reveals: "Pakistan, an impoverished and underdeveloped country, has suffered from decades of internal political disputes." But sadly, in their next sentence, the CIA touts the globalization scheme of their costly collaborator: "However, IMF- (International Monetary Fund) approved government policies (mind you, Pakistan is governed by a military dictatorship which sponsors terrorists and harbors bin Laden), bolstered by generous foreign assistance and renewed access to global markets since 2001 (the Caspian Sea pipeline project travels through Pakistan in addition to Afghanistan and the October 2001 regime change in Afghanistan made it possible), have generated a recovery." Actually, George Bush gave Pakistan billions of dollars in cash, military assistance, and loan forgiveness. And this unwarranted generosity has been matched by the World Bank, the leading American wealth redistribution agency. But since that never works, per capita annual earning in Pakistan remains at a paltry $2,700. One out of every three Pakistanis live in abject poverty.
The problem with Jamhuryat Islami Pakistan, or the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is that Muslims control it with their 97% monopoly. Islam destroys everything it touches. There are no meaningful exceptions. The Land of the Pure is 77% Sunni and 20% Shi'a. The 3% who are Hindus and Christians suffer under some of the most repressive blasphemy laws on earth. If they so much as look at a Muslim cross eyed they are imprisoned and often assassinated. Ruled by Sharia Law, Pakistan is no less repressive than the Taliban regime it sponsored. .
In their short history, Indian Muslims have waged six wars. Even though the Indian Muslim minority was given full per capita representation in politics, education, and economic opportunity following India's independence that wasn't good enough. Even when Indian Muslims were given their own homeland in 1947, one carved out of Indian soil, they fought a two year war anyway. Demanding Kashmir too, Pakistanis fought India again in 1965. Then when Pakistan hypocritically oppressed Bengalis, a third war was waged, creating Bangladesh. Not finished fighting, the Land of Pure Islam used its military spy service to sponsor Islamic mujahideen fighters in a violent war against the Soviets. Next, the Pakistani government educated, trained, equipped, funded, staffed, and directed the Taliban in their civil war against the people of Afghanistan. And to bring us up to date, Pakistan used al-Qaeda training camps to train the Army of Muhammad jihadists to terrorize Kashmir into submission.
- January 17, 2000: In Israel, a pipe bomb exploded in Hadera, wounding 20. Do you suppose the American Amish were culpable?
- January 19, 2000: In Jordan, Khalil Said al-Deek, was linked to bin Laden and indicted on conspiracy to carry out terrorist attacks with 13 others.
- January 24, 2000: You may be surprised to know that God's Army murdered ten people today in Burma, also known as Myanmar. Their "God" however, isn't a Muslim but their story is nevertheless interesting.
Today they commandeered a bus and forced the driver to take them to Ratchaburi Hospital, where they took 750 patients and hospital staff hostage. The gunmen also threatened to detonate two bombs if they saw any police officers attempting to enter the building.
God's Army issued a series of small time demands: 1) Thai doctors and nurses be sent to Chong Krajome Passage to provide medical assistance to injured members of the gang after their clashes with the military. 2) The opening of a border passage to allow God's Army flee into Thailand. 3) Two helicopters to fly them to the border. 4) Communications equipment to allow them to communicate with their comrades at the border.
The Burma government agreed to offer medical help and to stop firing at God's Army on the border. A day after the siege began, a task force stormed the hospital, killing ten members of God's Army. Eyewitnesses say that the hostage-takers had surrendered before they were shot. No hostages were injured in the attack.
God's Army is ethnically Kayin. They gained notoriety for rather bizarre leadership rather than small-time terrorist activity. They were led by Johnny and Luther Htoo, twin brothers who were only nine-years-old when they formed the God's Army to fight against the ruling Burmese military junta.
The Kayin people are an ethnic minority in Burma, and have been fighting for an independent homeland for almost 50 years. Although violence has plagued Kayin areas for years, the Burmese army launched a massive manhunt in 1997, ostensibly aimed at wiping out militancy, but it quickly became an act of ethnic cleansing and genocide. The assault, dubbed "Operation Spirit King" was initiated in order to secure a gas pipeline - the same motivation that prompted George Bush to launch Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. Tens of thousands of Kayin were murdered, and at least 100,000 refugees flooded over the Burma-Thailand border. It was from this crackdown that the God's Army was born.
God's Army is a splinter group from the Kayin National Union. According to legend, the group was formed in 1997 after the Htoo brothers successfully led a military operation in which they killed several Burmese soldiers despite being hugely outnumbered. Myths soon spread about them, with many believing that the boys had spiritual powers (the Kayin religion is religiously animist) and were immune to bullets. By 1998, several hundred fighters had joined the God's Army to oppose the junta. The Htoo brothers reportedly were very religious and instituted a code of morality that prohibited drugs, alcohol, and meat products. After the media discovered the young leaders, the group became famous worldwide despite its limited impact on the Burmese conflict. As was the case with other Karen militant groups, the Burmese army launched a heavy crackdown on God's Army.
In January 2000, after the Burmese had inflicted heavy losses on the group so God's Army fighters seized a hospital near the Thai-Burma border in an effort to secure medical assistance and freedom for the group. After a day, Burmese security forces stormed the hospital and killed them all. In January 2001 the Htoo brothers, Johnny and Luther, fled to Thailand and surrendered to authorities. After their defection, the group essentially ceased to exist.
- January 25, 2000: A rocket attack killed 4, wounding 6 in Kashmir. The Osama bin Laden trained jihadists of Harakat ul-Mujahideen were responsible.
- January 25, 2000: The Red Brigades claimed responsibility for shooting Emilio Santomauro, a Milan city councilman from the conservative National Alliance. Santomauro was shot in the kneecap, a practice commonly used by the Red Brigades and the Mafia as a warning and to test new members. No reason was given for the attack. Red Brigade members were trained and financed by the Marxist Muslim PFLP.
- January 26, 2000: Where there is Islam there is terror. Today in Istanbul, Turkey Muslims firebombed a train station. It was one of three bombs that were deployed in the name of Allah on this day. A courthouse was also attacked. Four days later, jihadists would bomb a bank.
- January 27, 2000: Karachi, Pakistan is home to more terrorists per capita than any place on earth. And that's because the mosques and madrassas there have manufactured the most ruthless Muslim jihadists. Today their alumnus murdered three rival Muslims and wounded seven in a mosque, detonating a bomb in Allah's house during prostration prayers.
- January 28, 2000: Osama bin Laden is good at what he does. The mujahideen he trained in Afghanistan became prolific terrorists. Today in Kashmir the launched a grenade attack at the home of a rival politician and Congressional leader in Jammu.
The same day, the Pakistani financed and armed Islamic terrorists destroyed 100 apartments occupied by government workers in Jammu with bomb and rocket attacks.
- January 28, 2000: Back in Karachi, Pakistan, a bomb was detonated in the the city court building. The assault which injured four was claimed by the al-Nawaz group. They threatened further terrorist attacks unless the convicted terrorist Nawaz Sharif was released from police custody.
- January 30, 2000: Hizballah assassinated the South Lebanon Army chief's designated heir, Col. Hashem, in bomb attack. The moral of the story is: never trust a jihadist.
- January 31, 2000: Boris Zhilko, a Russian diplomat, was injured when a bottle containing an incendiary mixture was thrown into the Russian Consular Office in Copenhagen. The attacker was detained and claimed he attacked the embassy "in response to Russia's actions in Chechnya." Since free elections in Chechnya overwhelmingly rejected the Islamic agenda, Muslims had turned to terror to impose their will.
- January 31, 2000: Three Israeli soldiers were killed, four were wounded, in a Hizballah, Party of Allah, ambush at Izziyyeh.
Over the next four years, Palestinian Muslims would murder more than 2,000 Jews. Most would be killed by suicide bombers, boys and girls beguiled by Islamic imams into believing that the Qur'an's promises are true: that multiple virgins in paradise are Allah's reward for killing Jews and Christians.
Israel's response at this time was to demolish the homes of prior suicide bombers. They recognized that the Saudis, Kuwaitis, Iranians, and Iraqis were offering the families of suicide bombers huge financial incentives, including bigger homes, for turning their children into weapons of mass destruction. For a first hand and comprehensive review of this arrangement, read the title chapter of Tea With Terrorists.
- January 31, 2000: In Algeria, Da'wa wal Dijihad killed 11 militiamen, wounding two, and taking 4 hostage.
- February 1, 2000: Hizballah attacked and killed three Israeli soldiers, wounding four.
- February 2, 2000: In Tajikistan, a bomb exploded on a bus traveling in the outskirts of north Dushanbe. Twenty-two passengers were injured, two seriously. The attack came right before the parliamentary elections.
Tajikistan is a rather interesting place. Landlocked between Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, they gained independence from the crumbling USSR in 1991 which led to a bloody five-year sectarian civil war. Sixty-five percent of the people live in poverty with a per capita GDP of $1,100 annually - the poorest of the former Soviet Republics. Corruption runs amuck in an economy driven by narcotic distribution, primarily heroin and opium bound for European customers. Fifty-three known terrorist acts have left 60 dead and 80 wounded apart from the civil war. Stalin hated Tajikistan and constantly harassed its people.
The Civil War was fought between former Communists and Islamists. In late 1992, the Russian military routed the rebel opposition. Over the next five years, militants from the Islamic Renaissance Party continued to be trounced by Kulyabi militias who began a campaign of ethnic cleansing. Tens of thousands were killed and hundreds of thousands of Tajikistani Muslims fled into Afghanistan. There, the Islamic jihadists were invigorated by the Jamiat-i-Islami terrorist organization.
Jamiat-i-Islami was headed by Ahmed Shah Masood - an effective mujahideen when combating the Soviets but a ruthless jihadist when it came to terrorizing Afghani civilians. He would go on to head the Northern Alliance - the anti-Taliban force that America partnered with in its invasion of Afghanistan.
As the civil war progressed, the United Tajik Opposition became aligned with the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, a terrorist group which sought the establishment of an Islamic theocracy in the Caucasus region. The war ultimately claimed 100,000 lives in a nation of 7 million. 1.2 million people were homeless. During the war journalists were targeted for killings as were Jews.
The median age of Tajikistan is consistent with Islam at 19.7 years. Eighty-five percent of Tajikistani are Sunni Muslims with the remainder being mostly Shia - although there are still some socialist secular humanists left over from the Soviet domination. There is thus an Islamic Revival Party in addition to a Socialist and Communist Party.
- February 3, 2000: Laughing so hard their scimitars banged together, Syria and Sudan signed a memorandum on fighting terrorism.
- February 4, 2000: In Karachi, with the assistance of Pakistan's ISI and al-Qaeda, Islamic cleric Masood Azhar formed the anti-India Kashmir group, which he called "Jash-e-Muhammad" - the Army of Muhammad. We will hear a lot about them in the years to come.
- February 5, 2000: In Russia, Muslims left their mark on three apartment complexes in Stavropol. Two days later they destroyed ten apartments in Khabarovsk by deliberately sabotaging the building's gas line.
- February 5, 2000: In Pakistan, Muslim militants killed one and wounded ten in a Faisalabad bomb blast. Later that day, the Army of Muhammad used a bomb to kill four people and wound an additional 43 on a train parked in a Hyderabad station. Next, they murdered five and wounded 44 with a bomb that exploded in the toilet of a moving train, minutes after the Marvi Express left the station. .
- February 6, 2000: An Afghan Ariana flight was hijacked to London via Uzbekistan, and Moscow. Twenty hostages were released en route. The Muslims demanded the release of Ishmael Khan from Kabul.
- February 6, 2000: A Hizballah roadside bomb attack killed 1 Israeli soldier, wounding 7.
- February 7, 2000: In Belgrade, Serbia, Muslim militias were busy trying to undermine the secular government. The Defense Minister was seriously wounded and later died in a shoot-out in the Rad Restaurant. While Islam thrives in chaos, people don't.
- February 7, 2000: Afghani Muslims hijacked a Boeing 727 flight that originated in Moscow. It landed at the Stansted Airport in Essex, where it sat for four days with 165 passengers and crew hostage. The Afghan terrorists were demanding the release of Ismail Khan, an Islamic terrorist jailed by the Islamic terrorists of the Taliban. Since the Taliban was controlled by Allah and Pakistan, the Afghanis were negotiating with the wrong people. The highjacking kidnappers eventually gave up, surrendered, were questioned, and then released in London.
- February 7, 2000: Tajikistan Muslims may be dirt poor but that does not mean that they cannot afford assault rifles and explosives. Today, Vice Premier Haji Akbar Turajonzoda's car came under fire. Two vehicles pulled along side his motorcade and attacked him with automatic weapons. The assault came right before the parliamentary elections.
The same afternoon, Tajikistan endured three coordinated bombings. The first targeted the tax committee building. The second bomb went off on the main street of the town. The third Dushanbe bomb exploded near the Palace of Unity and a hotel close to the Russian embassy.
- February 8, 2000: Muslims don't respect choice or rivals. This was demonstrated by an explosive blast at the former Republican People's Party headquarters in the Fatih neighborhood of Istanbul.
- February 8, 2000: Senior HAMAS official Abdel-Azia Rantisi was released from prison. He was considered the second most powerful terrorist in Israel after Sheikh Yassin.
- February 9, 2000: In Turkey, the Socialist Islamic PKK announced a formal halt to war, dropping the Kurdistan name but re-electing Ocalan as chief of state.
- February 9, 2000: The Islamic Great East Raider's Front struck again. They exploded a pipe bomb in front of the main entrance to Istanbul's Mufti's office, located in the Suleymaniye Mosque. Placards and statements signed by the IBDA-C Muslims were found at the scene. A mufti is a religious Islamic leader who is authorized to issue fatwahs.
These Islamic terrorists detonated two additional bombs in two different business complexes 50 yards apart in Istanbul. Once again, coveting credit with Allah and fellow Muslims, the Islamic Great East Raiders' Front left placards at the scene.
- February 10, 2000: Israeli police arrested seven associates of two HAMAS bomb makers in Ramallah after one died assembling a vest some indoctrinated Muslim fool would have otherwise worn.
- February 10, 2000: In Nablus, Israel, Muslims prematurely detonated their car bomb en route to their intended destination. Both would be bombers were killed. It's a shame they destroyed a good car in the process.
- February 11, 2000: A Pakistani boys school in Najoat was bombed for reasons only Allah knows.
- February 11, 2000: The Army of Muhammad killed five people and wounded seven more in India when they blew up railway track moments before the Jammu Express arrived in the Sambha station.
- February 10, 2000: Four people lost their lives to Islam today in Kashmir. A bomb exploded near the GGM Science College and vegetable market wounded 26 early morning shoppers.
- February 14, 2000: Trial began for 24 Turkish DHKP/C terrorists for their attacks on French, U.K., and U.S. targets during the 1991 Gulf War.
- February 16, 2000: With Islam's propensity to kill their own it's often hard to tell who is to blame when a Muslim activist is targeted. Such is the case with Bosnia and Herzegovina Islamist, Husein Dizdarevic. Four grenades were tossed into his Buzim shop. He was head of the Democratic National Union which may have been his problem. Such an affiliation would target Husein as being pro-choice and thus an apostate Muslim worthy of death.
- February 18, 2000: Spain has had a problem with Islam that goes back centuries. While no one knows who the forty masked terrorists were who firebombed a government office and police station in Viroria, the targets, wardrobe, and means fit Islam. .
- February 20, 2000: In the Philippines, the Islamic terrorist group Abu Sayyaf bombed a restaurant and two police stations in Basilan, killing one and wounding 17 others.
- February 22, 2000: Just nine years after the imposition of atheism, Muslims in Chechnya had managed to sufficiently corrupt minds and souls to convert godless socialists into killing machines for Allah. Only one problem, they weren't very good at Allah's craft yet. Today in Russian, a blast was avoided when Stavropol police found a cluster of grenades and fuses in the luggage section of a passenger bus on its way from Krasnodar to Makhachkala. The bus was evacuated and the grenades were rendered harmless. The involvement of Islam was suspected, given the Arab writing found on the bottom of an explosive box nearby.
A second explosive device was found and defused at a waste processing facility in Podolskiye Kursanty Street.
- February 22, 2000: A firebomb was thrown at the Cemevi house of prayer by unidentified assailants in Turkey. The chairperson for Cemevi stated that this attack is, "an action aimed to provoke the existing atmosphere in this country.".
Over the next three days there were three more bombs detonated in Turkey. The targets were a bank, a store owned by a democracy supporter, and a beer distributor.
- February 26, 2000: In Yemen, two Saudis and six Yemenis were arrested for kidnapping foreigners and for forging official documents.
Terrorists in Greece are a strange lot. Today the Anti-Mainstream Self-Determination Faction used the favored totalitarian weapon, a terrorist bomb, to destroy the primary conduit of free speech, the Hellenic Telecommunication Organization's offices.
Two weeks earlier, the Anti-Authority Erotic Cell used a homemade bomb to destroy the offices of Viagra manufacturer, Pfizer in Thessaloniki. Go figure.
- February, 2000: Al Qaeda defector Jamal Ahmed al Fadl testified that Osama bin Laden had tried to purchase enriched uranium on the black market for $1.5 million. He was attempting to build a radiological dispersion device (known as a dirty bomb) and acquire fissionable material for an atomic weapon. Once this is accomplished in the next five to ten years, fundamentalist Muslim militants like bin Laden will either use their own bomb, one they acquire from Russia, or one or more of Pakistan's nuclear bombs to destroy American cities.
Throughout 2000 and 2001, two Pakistani nuclear scientists who woked for Pakistan's Atomic Energy Commission and ISI, Sultan Bashir-ud-Din Mehmood and Abdul Majid made several trips to Kabul, Afghanistan to meet with Osama bin Laden. Both men shared bin Laden's fundamentalist Islamic beliefs and spent their spare time engaged in the Holy Qur'an Research Foundation - which even the United States listed as a terrorist organization. Mehmood's son told the Associated Press in December 2002 that the purpose of the visits with bin Laden was to help al-Qaeda build a nuclear bomb.
Both scientists were taken into custody in an ISI safe house after American authorities complained. But they were released by Musharraf shortly thereafter.
- March 2, 2000: In Yemen, Islamic warlords kidnapped the Polish ambassador, demanding the release of a jailed fellow jihadist.
- March 2, 2000: In Israel, security forces killed 4 HAMAS extremists in an operation against a bomb factory.
- March 3, 2000: In the Philippines, the Islamic Abu Sayyaf leader, Hadijirul Ampul, was arrested for bombings in the Basilan province.
- March 4, 2000: In India, Hindus threw stones at the exterior of a bus bound for Pakistan in protest against Islamabad's involvement in t bus bombing that took nine Hindu lives.
- March 4, 2000: The Islamic Abu Sayyaf terrorist group bombed a Philippine restaurant in Isabela, killing one person and wounding 17. The Abu Sayyaf mastermind, if we can be so generous, was apprehended the same day.
The Abu Sayyaf Group (Sword Bearers) was formed in 1991 during the peace process between the Philippine government and the Islamic terrorist group known as the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF). Since the MNLF pledged to stop terrorizing the Philippines, they simply created a new name for their militant wing.
The Abu Sayyaf Group's founder, Abdulrajik Abubakar Janjalani, was also the gang's leader from its inception until his death in 1998. Janjalani, like most terrorist leaders, was an Islamic scholar before he became a jihadist. One thing simply led to another. Janjalani participated in the Afghan-Soviet mujahideen war and rubbed assault weapons with al-Qaeda and the Taliban. He purportedly met with Osama bin Laden.
In December 1998, Janjalani was killed during a clash with the Philippine military. Then, Anih Sailani took over. He was a co-founder of the Abdurajak Janjalani Brigade, an affiliated faction of the Abu Sayyaf Group, of which Sailani was also an original member. Sailani was reportedly arrested on kidnapping charges by the Philippine military in September 2001. But in 2002, Sailani and his brother, Itin, escaped prison by disguising themselves as Muslim women. They just walked out of the facility following prisoner visitation hours. It was suspected that a Muslim prison guard aided in the escape.
The Abu Sayyaf Group remains nominally committed to the formation of a Muslim state in the southern Philippines. However, corrupted by Islam their militants have shifted toward predominantly criminal enterprises. Some intelligence experts (who are not experts on Islam) have viewed recent ASG bombings as a possible sign that the group is returning to its fundamentalist roots.
The Philippine government has struggled for over three decades against the terrorist movement that began with MNLF's founding in 1972. The Abu Sayyaf Group is the most violent wing of that enterprise. Known by the alias, Al-Harakat Al-Islamiyyah, or Bearer of the Islamic Sword, Abu Sayyaf is closely allied with Jemaah Islamiya, Laskar Jihad, the Moro National Liberation Front, and al-Qaeda.
- March 4, 2000: In Islamic Indonesia terrorists attempted to assassinate Matori Abdul Djalil, Chairman of the National Awakening Party.
- March 4, 2000: The Islamic equipped Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda kidnapped two Italian Christian missionaries. If you will recall, the LRA kidnaps little girls and trades them to the Islamic goons who oppress the Sudan for weapons. The girls are used as sex slaves by the Muslim leaders who are following their prophet's example.
- March 6, 2000: In the Philippines, three IEDs, made from 60-mm mortars, a battery-operated timer, mixtures of incendiary powders, and shredded metal shrapnel, were defused at three different locations in North Cotabato. The IEDs were planted at a bus terminal and in a public market. The style of the bombs strongly suggested that they were constructed by the Moro Islamic Liberation Front which was engaged in peace negotiations with the government at the time.
- March 12, 2000: In Islamic Algeria, Muslim militants killed one and wounded 13 by bombing a market in Abou El Hassen.
- March 14, 2000: Young Muslims in Nigeria attacked a Shell Oil plant in Utorogu, holding 30 employees hostage. They were protesteing Shell's unwillingness to fairly share the profits of the oil operations whith the local community. .
- March 16, 2000: Muslims wounded five Indians with a bomb in Delhi.
- March 17, 2000: In Lebanon, one JRA member was granted asylum and 4 were expelled to Japan after they were barred from Jordan. This further confirms that the fundamentalist Islamic government in Iran (which by way of Hizballah control Lebanon) was supportive of the Japanese terrorists.
- March 18, 2000: In Gaza, setting the seeds of their overthrow five years later, Palestinian Fatah police seized explosives and arrested six HAMAS militants in raid on a refugee camp.
- March 18, 2000: A Congress Committee president in Kashmir had his home attacked from all sides by terrorists firing automatic weapons, rockets, and mortars.
The same day, two bombs were discovered by police before the Army of Muhammad terrorist could detonate them in trains full of people. Each IED contained 18 pounds of RDX, a military-grade plastic explosive. Both devices were hooked to a timer and set to detonate shortly after they were discovered.
- March 19, 2000: Tanzania deported Egyptian Muslim Mustafa Said Ahmed, who was a suspect in the August '98 U.S. embassy bombings. A Tanzanian suspect, Rashidi Salehe Hemed, was held in custody.
- March 20, 2000: In the Philippines, Muslim militants, acting like Chechen rebels, raided two schools on Basilan Island, holding 43 hostage. Even the name is hauntingly similar to the site of the Islamic massacre in Beslan.
The Abu Sayyaf group, made up of Muslim fundamentalisits, took the hostages, from the Claret school, and then threatened to execute them if their demands were not met. Later that day, three hostages were released, including a pregnant teacher and two of her students. The Islamic kidnappers demanded that a negotiating team be formed, made up of Robin Padilla, a movie star, Representative Abdulgani Salapuddin, a Muslim militant, and a former Congressman Candu Muarip. The terrorists said they would gradually release children as the government met their demands, including those for food.
On March 24, several relatives of Abu Sayyaf's founder, Janjalani, were captured by men who said that they would release them in exchange for the release of their children. On March 26, at least eighteen more hostages were freed. However, negotiations stalled. Abu Sayyaf terrorists reiterated their threat to kill the remaining children if their leader's family members were not freed, claiming that the government was behind their abduction.
On March 29, The Manila Times reported that a representative of Abu Sayyaf had contacted a government official with four conditions for the continuation of peace talks. They stated that they would only release their hostages to the Islamic Governor, Wahad Akbar. The Philippine government capitulated to the demands and resumed negotiations.
Abu Sayyaf, whose members had aided and abetted the bombing of the Oklahoma City Federal Building and the 93 bombing of the World Trade Center, demanded the release of three of their Muslim brothers jailed in the United States and three Muslim terrorists jailed in Basilan Jail. Next, they demanded the prohibition and arrest of all foreign ships passing through Basilan waters. The third demand required the passage of a law that would allow Muslim children to practice Islam in schools.
These demands were rejected and in response, Abu Sayyaf leaders said they would behead to hostages. On May 3rd, the Islamic savages murdered four of the hostages. Among those killed was a Christian priest. By May 31st, a Philippine television station reported that only eight Filipino hostages remained in captivity. The Abu Sayyaf Group said that they would free these hostages if they were allowed to keep other hostages and if they were pardoned from all criminal punishments. The government agreed so those eight hostages were released on June 2nd. As a further concession, Filipino President Estrada approved the ASG demand that fishing in the Sulu region be controlled.
- March 21, 2000: Palestinian Muslims shot three Israeli civilians in a taxi near Hebron.
- March 21, 2000: In India, the Pakistani Islamic terrorist organizations Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen were suspected in the massacre of 36 Sikhs in a Kashmir village.
The same day four people were injured by a bomb detonated on a train near Mumbai during rush hour.
- March 22, 2000: Fourteen Kenyans were killed by a landmine planted by the Oromo Liberation Front, a militant group that emanates out of Somalia where 99.9% of the population is Islamic.
- March 22, 2000: The world's most honest terrorist association, at least by name, the Salafist Group for Call and Combat, set fire to an oil pipeline in Algeria today hoping to make people's lives as miserable as their own. In Islam, a Salafist is a fundamentalist, a practitioner of the religion as it was revealed in the Qur'an and Hadith. A Salafist follows Muhammad's terrorist example. The Call is to Allah's Cause which is as they acknowledge, Combat.
- March 24, 2000: In Rawalpindi, Pakistan, a large car bomb was intercepted a day before President Bill Clinton's scheduled visit which had him landing at the Air Base at Rawalpindi.
- March 24, 2000: In the United States, a court awarded former hostage Terry Anderson $341 million from Iran for the years he spent captive in Beirut.
- March 26, 2000: In Russia, a car bomb injured the vice premier of the Dagestan Republic and his driver.
- March 26, 2000: A Muslim in Turkey detonated a bomb in an Istanbul stadium, and then opened fire, wounding 15.
- March 27, 2000: Unable to convince the people of Chechnya and Dagestan to choose to live under a repressive Islamic government, Muslims decided to murder the leaders the people had chosen. Today they fired a RPG into the Prime Minister's car.
- March 27, 2000: During this time there were a rash of small-time terrorist assaults in Spain but it's hard to know who was doing the terrorizing. What's interesting is that the Basque Fatherland and Freedom movement (ETA), who is often accused of terror, was most often the victim. Today a pro ETA journalist was sent a letter bomb for example.
- March 29, 2000: Potty bombs are an Islamic favorite. Today Muslims planted one in the toilet of the Telecom office in Gaziantep, Turkey. It was so befitting the religion. The same day they left another bomb in a technical institute. The location, however, was not specified.
- April 2, 2000: In Pakistan, Yemeni Ahmed Abdullah, with suspected links to bin Laden, and confirmed links to Islam, was arrested trying to enter Afghanistan.
- April 3, 2000: Good news comes in strange packages. Today in Ankara, Turkey, two bumbling Muslims had their arms blown off when three pipe bombs they were attempting to plant in a trashcan exploded prematurely.
- April 4, 2000: In Algeria, the Salafist Group for Call and Combat killed two shoppers and injured seven in a Ain Mrane market. I'm sure Allah was pleased.
- April 6, 2000: In Lahore, Pakistan, Muslims planted a bomb on a fruit crate near a bus stop injuring 16 people.
- April 7, 2000: Four Pakistanis were injured in a bombing at a Rawalpindi hotel a day after the terrorist Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was sentenced to life imprisonment.
- April 8, 2000: In the terrorist training camp of Karachi, Pakistan, a lawyer with the Tehrik-e-Jafaria Pakistan group was murdered along with his son. Their car was ambushed by three gunmen.
The same day in Rawalpindi, Muslims detonated a bomb in a hotel which wounded five people.
- April 8, 2000: Six passengers who were riding a bus in Kasur, Pakistan were wounded when a Muslim, thinking it would be a good idea, detonated a bomb.
The same day, demonstrating the strife which exists in the Islamic world, Shi'a Muslims in Pakistan tossed two grenades into a Sunni madrassa, or religious school.
That evening, fifteen more Pakistanis were injured by a bomb blast in the Badami bus station in Lahore.
- April 9, 2000: Turkish Muslims used a pair of bombs to terrorize judges in Istanbul. One was detonated in the Kadikoy Courthouse and the other in a hotel restaurant frequented by the judiciary. These Muslims were not pleased that their hero, the terrorist prime minister, had been convicted of raping and pillaging his own people.
- April 11, 2000: Algerian terrorists bombe a Khemis Miliana high school injuring four students.
- April 12, 2000: In the Land of Pure Islam, Islam happens. Fifteen people were killed when grenades were tossed into a mosque in Mallow Wali. The sectarian terrorists also cut the telephone wires to the village to make certain medical help would be delayed. And to add insult to injury, after the grenades exploded, the militants sprayed the mosque goers with bullets.
- April 13, 2000: Indonesia is the most populous Islamic country. So today terrorists murdered the daughter of the police chief in Sigli following a raid on her father's station. They used grenades and automatic weapons.
- April 15, 2000: Muslim militants in Srinagar, Kashmir, who were engaged in Allah's Cause attempted to destroy a microwave communications tower used by All India Radio.
- April 17, 2000: Borrowing a page form Hitler's playbook, in Pakistan, Osama
bin Laden urged Muslim youth to join his anti-U.S. jihad movement.
- April 18, 2000: Islamic Indonesia was a violent place. Today eight people were killed and 18 were injured when two IEDs were deployed against a guard post at a fertilizer plant - an ingredient in the creation of truck and car bombs. Soldiers, security guards, and civilians were among those injured. This incident comes amidst at least two weeks of violence in the province and attacks on both civilian and military targets.
- April 19, 2000: In the Philippines, acting like good Muslims, Abu Sayyaf beheaded 2 hostages because their demands were ignored. Among other things they wanted the release of Islamic terrorists held in U.S. jails. Can you say Ramzi Yousef?
- April 20, 2000: While they didn't leave a calling card, the target and the method implicate Islam. A bomb in a public building killed three and wounded five in the Ukrainian town of Brovary as people were returning from work.
- April 20, 2000: In India, a suicide bomb attack in Kashmir killed the bomber, injuring 7. Another grenade tossed into a market killed 2, injuring 28. The Islamic Studies Group, Lashkar-e-Taiba was suspected.
- April 20, 2000: Terrorists in Trapaga, Spain bombed the home of Mayor Jesus Sagredo.
- April 23, 2000: In Indonesia, grenades did the talking for the terrorists who thought it would be wise to attack the Lhoksukon police station.
- April 23, 2000: Running amuck in the Philippines, the Islamic terrorist gang known as the Sword of Islam, the Abu Sayyaf Group, kidnapped 29 people, including 10 foreign tourists from the Malaysian resort island of Sipadan. They took their hostages to Jolo Island.
Muhammad was a kidnapper so Muslims are kidnappers. According to the Qur'an, following the prophet's example is the best way to be where Allah is. Too bad Muslims don't know that Allah is Satan and that to be with him they are headed to hell.
Included among the hostages seized from the Pulau Sipadan resort were three Germans, two Japanese, two Finns, two South Africans, a Lebanese woman, two Filipinos and some hotel staff workers. Two of the hostages, both Americans, managed to escape before reaching the group's final destination.
At this time, Allah's Little Helpers were still holding 27 hostages, mostly Filipinos. After they were brought to Jolo Island in the Southern Philippines, the militant Muslim kidnappers demanded a $2.6 million ransom be paid for the hostages, a request that was relayed to one of the relatives. ASG members were also demanding the protection of ancestral fishing grounds as part of their demands for their release. So, with that added requirement we know that these Muslims weren't just common thieves and kidnappers. They were freedom fighters.
A spokesperson for the Islamic gang demanded that an international panel of negotiators should be formed to secure the hostages' release. By May 2nd, the health of the foreign tourists was deteriorating and they were in need of medical attention. In addition, a medical mission attempting to bring aid to the hostages was fired upon. The gunmen stated that they would behead their hostages in true Islamic fashion if their demands remained unmet. The group also attacked journalists who tried to interview their victims.
It was reported that Abu Sayyaf murdered two hostages as a result of a government raid on their camp on the 3rd. On May 4th, a Philippine television station reported that two additional hostages escaped and one hostage taker, Mujib Susukan, was killed.
Then, several weeks later, the Manila Times reported that negotiations for the release of hostages had begun and that they were expected to be free within two to three days. A representative from Abu Sayyaf told the paper that the rationale behind the kidnapping was to "set up an Islamic State in Mindanao." This, therefore, became their primary demand. The second demand was the formation of a commission to investigate the maltreatment of Filipinos in Sabah Malaysia.
During this time of negotiation, there was a gradual release of hostages. In July, nine of the Malaysian hostages were released. On August 5, there were reports that Libyan President Qadhafi was willing to pay $25 million to free the remaining eight kidnap victims, along with the other hostages, mostly news crews and a Christian group that Abu Sayyaf had picked up along the way. While that might sound nice, paying Islamic kidnappers a ransom only insures that their terrorist organization will grow and that there will be more victims.
On August 6th, the Abu Sayyaf leadership announced their willingness to free the European hostages. And even that was not good because a ransom had been paid for their release and that money had been exchanged to secure weapons. By the end of August, all European hostages and the last South African victim had been paid for and thus freed.
- April 24, 2000: The Abu Sayyaf Group demonstrated Islam's corrosive nature when they bombed an elementary school in Barangay Alat in the Philippines.
- April 24, 2000: Abu Sayyaf terrorists injured five people when the threw grenades into a bank in Jolo.
- April 25, 2000: In the land where Allah rules, Muslims detonated three bombs in the town that describes the religion: Islamabad. These corrupted souls blew up the Civil Secretariat's office, injuring five people. They blew up a ministerial office complex, wounding five more people. And they destroyed a commissioner's office, injuring one.
- April 26, 2000: In Austria, the trial of terrorist Halima Nimer, an Abu Nidal affiliate, began.
- April 26, 2000: Sunni Muslims in Multan, Pakistan assassinated a Shi'a cleric and killed his assistant. The Muslim murderers were militants on motorcycles.
- April 26, 2000: Good fortune averted a bad outcome in Kashmir when police found and defused a bomb that was placed on a bus bound for Jammu.
- April 27, 2000: Today in Istanbul, Turkey a bank was bombed. Then Muslims used two bombs to destroy the Galata Haghia Orthodox Church. A little while later a bomb was discovered and defused at the Kirmizi Church, also in Istanbul. Not finished demonstrating the destructive nature of their religion, Muslim militants bombed the offices of the Journalists and Writers Foundation.
- April 28, 2000: While there has never been a productive Islamic society, Muslims are good at destroying things. Turkish Muslims bombed the Avcilar district office today, planting their bomb in the toilet.
- April 29, 2000: In Istanbul, Turkey, two bombs exploded in front of the Finance Ministry Building. A third bomb was detonated in Istanbul's My Pub, grill and bar. A fourth bomb exploded in the Kucakpazar Bank. And a fifth bomb was deployed in a the Adabank branch in the Besiktas neighborhood of Istanbul.
- April 29, 2000: The last bombing of the month occurred in Srinagar, Kashmir where the Army of Muhammad killed one and wounded eight at a checkpoint.
- May 1, 2000: In Sierra Leone, the Socialist Islamic terrorist organization RUF (Revolutionary United Front) kidnapped 20 members of the U.N. Assistance Mission and opened fire on a UNAMSIL facility. The militants killed five U.N. soldiers in the attack. RUF militants kidnapped another 300 UNAMSIL peacekeepers throughout the country. In Freetown, armed militants ambushed two military vehicles carrying four journalists. A Spaniard and one U.S. citizen were killed in a car bombing in which the RUF was responsible. Suspected RUF rebels also kidnapped 21 Indian U.N. peacekeepers in Freetown on June 6. Additional attacks by RUF on foreign personnel followed.
A brief history is useful here because many people were mutilated and murdered by these savages. As best we can piece together the puzzle, during the second half of the 1980s, many university students in Sierra Leone become radicalized by exposure to the doctrines of, Colonel Moamar Qadhafi, the Muslim Marxist Libyan dictator. In 1987 and '88, around fifty Sierra Leoneans were taken to Libya for training in the art of Islamic revolution. Among the students was a functional illiterate who had become part of a revolutionary cell in Kono, Foday Sankoh, a former army corporal who had been jailed for anti social behavior. Three of those trained in Qadhafi's Libya, including Foday Sankoh, started the Revolutionary United Front (RUF).
At the end of 1989, Charles Taylor launched an attack on Samuel Doe's government with a small band of men. Several of them, including Taylor himself, had received training in Libya from the Muslim Marxist Qaddafi. Taylor received considerable support from Foday Sankoh and the RUF.
A humanitarian crisis resulted in the early '90s from the RUF's tactics, which followed Islamic protocol and involved brutal attacks on unarmed civilians and children. Attempting to copy the ethnic and religious incitement that had served Charles Taylor in Liberia, the RUF like their mentor Muhammad, targeted traders, plundering and beheading more than 100. These atrocities and others caused rapid and widespread displacement.
Until about 1995, it was unclear what the RUF stood for, who Foday Sankoh was, and what he wanted. In his Revolutionary United Front's Footpaths to Democracy he proclaimed that his stated purpose was identical to the murderous sexual pervert Mao Zedong and Frantz Fanon (known as Abdullah, or Slave to Allah).
The RUF war in Sierra Leone ultimately caused the death of 75,000 people and forced over half of the country's population to leave their homes. The Muslim Marxist Revolutionary United Front waged a terrorist campaign which included the deliberate and systematic mutilation of civilians. Brutal attacks on non-military targets and public executions of minority ethnic groups where commonplace, producing millions of refugees. The RUF had two major calling cards: dead civilians and thousands of people with their hands, feet, ears or genitals crudely amputated. It was as if they had read Qur'an 5:33: "The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and his Prophet and perpetrate disorders in the land is to kill them or crucify them, or have a hand on one side and a foot on the other side cut off, banishing them from the land. Such is their disgrace in the world and in the hereafter their doom shall be dreadful.".
- May 1, 2000: A large gang of young terrorists wearing black ski masks ransacked a bar owned by a socialist town councilor in Hernani, Spain.
- May 2, 2000: A British court extradited 2 Egyptians to United States to face charges in the African embassy bombings that left thousands dead and wounded.
- May 4, 2000: In the Philippines, following the Qur'an's instructions, Abu Sayyaf executed a priest. Three more people were killed in the rescue attempt of nine children and six teachers.
- May 4, 2000: Turkish Muslims assassinated a political rival in Baglar. He had been a member of the Nationalist Action party.
- May 9, 2000: Two bombs were defused in Makhachkala, Russia, before they killed many people who were assembling for an anniversary celebration of the "Victory of the Great Patriotic War," also known as WWII.
- May 11, 2000: There is something about Muslims and potties that must somehow be related to Muhammad's extensive testimony on the subject. Today a bomb placed in the toilet of the TEDAS electric company in Turkey damaged the building without harming anyone.
- May 12, 2000: In Adana, Turkey, multiple bombings injured three in a café.
- May 12, 2000: Chechen Muslims killed three and wounded 18 by blowing up a bus in the village of Dzhaglargi.
- May 13, 2000: Terrorists in Kosovo burst into the home of a peace advocate and assassinated him.
- May 15, 2000: In India, a Hizbul Mujahideen bomb attack killed a government official and four others in Kashmir.
- May 19, 2000: Muslim Militants associated with the Abu Sayyaf Group injured 13 with a bomb blast in a Makati mall. The Philippine secretary of Defense, on top of his game, said: "The attack was intended to create a situation of disorder and panic.".
- May 19, 2000: Muslims in Doda, Kashmir followed Muhammad's example when they kidnapped the son of Abdul Aziz, a Council member. When their demands weren't met quickly enough they beheaded him and threw his mutilated body into a river.
- May 20, 2000: A bomb attack in Rawalpindi, Pakistan injured four shoppers in an open air market.
- May 21, 2000: Muslim's associated with Islam bombed a cinema in Manila, killing one and wounding eight. The blast occurred inside a women's bathroom.
- May 21, 2000: In Greece the Anti-Power Struggle Group struggled to detonate a powerful bomb outside of the offices of the Radio and Television Council in Athens.
- May 23, 2000: The Party of Holy Warriors, Hezb-ul-Mujahideen, in Srinagar, Kashmire attempted to assassinate the Chief Minister with a bomb. Even though they failed, they claimed credit.
- May 24, 2000: Israeli troops pulled out of Lebanon having disrupted Iranian financed Hizballah bases sufficiently to deter further attacks on their northern border. .
- May 24, 2000: Fugitive Jamal Tahrawi, with alleged ties to bin Laden, and confirmed ties to Islam, was arrested on charges of being a good Muslim (planning terrorist attacks).
- May 27, 2000: Turkish Muslims used a pair homemade bombs to blast a business and a museum in Istanbul.
- May 27, 2000: Indonesian Muslims used three homemade bombs, two of which worked, in an attempt to destroy three churches in Medan. The bomb which actually exploded injured scores of Christians during Sunday services. The number is unknown because they were afraid to go to the local Islamic hospitials.
- May 29, 2000: In the Islamic hell-hole of Algeria, a passenger train was bombed outside of Algiers, wounding seven. .
- May 30, 2000: An IED was deployed by Palestinians to terrorize a convoy of Israelis in the Gaza Strip. Their timing was fortunately off.
- May 30, 2000: An IED was deployed by Chechen Muslims to murder two Russian envoys in Grozny.
- May 30, 2000: The mayor of the Taflan township in Turkey and his wife were assassinated in their home.
- June 1, 2000: In Scripture's presentation of Gog, the leader of the Islamic Magog Federation which attacks Israel during the Tribulation, Yahweh references a town with the consonants TBL which is in Turkey or the Caucasus Region. That suggests that Tbilisi, capitol of the Georgian Republic, may be significant. On this day, two members of a UN observer force in Georgia, and two specialists from the British Halo Trust and their interpreter were kidnapped. On June 3, one of the British hostages was released and the kidnappers demanded a ransom for the remaining four hostages. On June 5, the remaining hostages were released but it was unclear on what terms.
- June 2, 2000: In the Philippines, Muslims demonstrated the reason ransoms cannot be paid to kidnappers. Ten foreign journalists (six Germans, a Frenchman, an Italian, a Dane, and an Australian) were abducted by the Islamic Abu Sayyaf Group. Although they were released after the payment of a ransom, the kidnapping was encouraged by the previous ransom and this paymentwould encourage future kidnappings. The journalists warned others to stay away from the island and blamed themselves for the incident, noting that they were wrong to even approach the Muslims.
- June 8, 2000: In India, an explosive device detonated at the RCM Church by Muslim militants in Tadepalliguden damaged the empty sanctuary. A second bomb exploded at the Jewitt Memorial Baptist Church in Ongole. This explosion occurred only moments after one hundred parishioners left the building. The device had been placed under a pew in the rear of the church.
A third bomb went off in the St. Andrew's Church in Goa. The building was damaged but fortunately the bomb was as crude as the religion that caused it to be made. The fourth and fifth bombs were detonated outside of St. Anne's Roman Catholic Church in the Karnataka district.
- June 8, 2000: In Russia, two Islamic Chechen terrorists conducted the first of many suicide truck bomb attacks against Russian forces, killing 2 and injuring 5.
- June 10, 2000: In Syria, the mass murdering Muslim warlord, President Hafez Assad, died and arrived in Hell; he had ruled as a ruthless dictator for 30 years.
- June 10, 2000: Islam is spreading like wildfire in South Africa so it should be no surprise that anti-Semitism and terrorism are on the rise as well. Today a bomb hidden in a car exploded outside a Cape Town bagel shop, injuring a Jewish patron. The owner of New York Bagels, Leslie Milner, has both American and Jewish links, fueling suspicion that the attack may have been motivated by anti-Western or anti-Semitic sentiment.
- June 11, 2000: In Yemen, a Norwegian diplomat was kidnapped, and then shot dead.
- June 12, 2000: In Russia, two more suicide car bomb attacks killed 10 soldiers, wounding 6. With a Muslim, a license to drive is a license to kill.
- June 14, 2000: In Turkey a bomb planted in the bathroom of a courthouse in the central Eskisehir Province exploded. A pipe bomb was also found and defused in the same toilet earlier in the day.
- June 14, 2000: In Turkey, the attempted assassin of Pope JPII, Mehmet Ali Agca, was extradited from Italy and was granted clemency.
- June 15, 2000: In Turkey, officials defused a time bomb that was found in the toilet of a café in the Kayseri Province.
- June 16, 2000: In Algeria, a GIA (al Gama'at al Islamiyya) bomb, and thus a Qur'anic bomb, at a market killed 13, wounding 42. At least Muslims are good at something.
- June 19, 2000: An IED detonated in New Delhi went off near the Red Fort, killing an 8-year-old girl. Eleven people were injured in the attack. A second device exploded nearby seven minutes later.
- June 19, 2000: Greek terrorists are an especially irrational lot. A militant organization calling itself the Black Star claimed responsibility for setting fire to a car belonging to the Japanese Embassy in Athens. The terrorist's stated, "The only terrorists are the U.S. imperial forces, their European allies and their local capitalist associates." I'm rather certain they have mirrors in Greece.
- June 23, 2000: Now that all his mass murderers had been freed by the Egyptian government, the jailed and blind Qur'anic scholar, Sheikh Abdel Rahman, withdrew his support for the al Gama'at al Islamiyya ceasefire. The moral of the story is: never trust a Muslim. They lie even better than they kill.
- June 23, 2000: In Jakarta, Indonesia, the Human Rights Headquarters was attacked by members of the Front for the Defender of Islam. The attack was carried out by about 300 FPI members, and was intended as a protest over a report by the commission's investigation team into alleged attrosities in the 1984 Tanjung Priok shootings. The attackers used stones and rattan sticks.
Front for the Defenders of Islam is dedicated to the application of strict Sharia law throughout Indonesia. The FPI frequently attacks institutions which it accuses of insufficiently following Islamic law.
A typical FPI attack would involve a group of young men dressed in white robes and armed with rattan sticks, stones or machetes. FPI members use their weapons to destroy street kiosks and drinking establishments that have been deemed immoral. The nature of FPI attacks have prompted some observers to see the FPI as a group of thugs; however, FPI's religious objectives confirm that they are thug on a religious mission.
The Front for the Defenders of Islam views drinking as evil but not the violence they use against those who make that choice. Like all fundamentalist Islamic groups, they think it is moral to create social change through the employment of violent tactics. Also consistent with their peers, the FPI has spoken against the presence of the United States in Indonesia and Afghanistan. The FPI threatens Westerners as retaliation for US actions in Afghanistan.
Most recently, FPI asserted itself following the December 2004 tsunami disaster, which killed over 100,000 people in Indonesia alone, by threatening Christian relief agencies. According to FPI, the Christian groups went beyond the distribution of aid by preaching Christian values and attempting to convert refugees. So the FPI terrorized the Christian groups. FPI also warned Australia that it was not welcome in Indonesia after it had completed its humanitarian work for the tsunami victims.
The bottom line is that, like all Islamic organizations, the Front for Defenders of Islam is intolerant and remains opposed to any organizations or entities that does not follow Islamic law. Hasri Husan, the current leader of the Front for Defenders of Islam remains an outspoken critic of international aid agencies who assisted Indonesia following the December 2004 tsunami disaster because their behavior made Islam's behavior look bad by comparison. The previous leader of the FPI, Habib Rizieq Shihab, was released from Salemba Penitentiary in November 2003 after completing a seven-month sentence.
- June 24, 2000: In the Philippines, six bomb blasts occurred within minutes of each other in the southern Philippines city of General Santos, killing one person and injuring 36 others. The Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) is believed responsible. They occurred in a hotel, two markets, a row of banks, and acinema.
- June 27, 2000: In France, Abdessalem Boulanwar, a suspected member of the MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) with links to other Islamic groups throughout Europe, and thus to Islam, was held in a U.S. terrorism case.
- June 28, 2000: In Milan, Italy, an explosive device was found inside a confessional at the basilica of Sant Ambrogio in Milan. The group calling themselves International Solidarity, called for the release of their jailed comrades. They threatened that unless the Italian prison system closed down, "the next bomb delivery would take place near the papal pertinences.".