Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- November 1, 2002: Ryan Foraker, 31, of Logan, Ohio, went missing near Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. His clothes and personal effects were found near the water's edge but his body was never recovered. He had been an American soldier engaged in protection and interrogation of Afghani detainees.
- November 2, 2002: In Srinagar, Kashmir, Muslim militants fired two grenades at Mufti Muhammad Sayeed's Nowgam residence in Srinagar, injuring one constable. Sayeed, the new Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, was home when the attack occurred. A little-known militant group, Al-Nasireen, claimed responsibility for the attack, dismissing the new government as "another puppet regime of New Delhi." That was rather hypocritical because the new Chief Minister was a Muslim.
- November 2, 2002: In Kashmir, Congress Party leader Mohammad Sikander Khan from Karnah, who had contested the recent elections, died from injuries he sustained in a shooting attack perpetrated by Muslim militants in Srinagar. Two of his bodyguards were also killed in the attack.
- November 2, 2002: In Kashmir, jihadists fired two rifle grenades into a housing project in the colony of Bemina in Srinagar. A little-known group named after Muhammad's adopted town, al-Medina, claimed responsibility for the attack.
- November 2, 2002: In Turkey, Muslims threw Molotov cocktails into the election office of the New Democracy Party. The perpetrators left literature calling them an "illegal organization" and escaped. The attack took place on the same weekend as voting all over the country.
- November 3, 2002: In Israel, Palestinians fired an anti-tank rocket at an Israeli bus traveling on the Netzarim road. Fortunately, their aim was no better than their religion. The Israel Defense Forces detail escorting the bus returned fire.
- November 3, 2002: Two fuel bombs were thrown by Muslims at a Border Police force patrolling the Neve Ya'aqov neighborhood of north Jerusalem.
- November 3, 2002: In Yemen, a helicopter carrying American oil company employees came under small-arms fire and was forced to make an emergency landing at Sanaa airport. Two employees of the Hunt Corporation were injured. The helicopter had been on its way to oil fields in the northern province of Marib.
- November 3, 2002: In Croatia, a bomb was thrown at the police station in Palit, on the island of Rab.
- November 4, 2002: In Kashmir, the United Jihad Council was bustling with activity today. As a result, 14 people were injured in a bomb blast at a hotel in Rajouri. Islamic jihadists shot and killed a Thachi man. They shot and injured a Chakkan man. Their gunmen assassinated a man from Gagran.
In the afternoon, police recovered the body of a Hill Dalway man. He had been abducted earlier that day, tortured and then murdered. A Behali man was shot to death by jihadists working for Pakistan after they abducted him from his home.
That evening, a man from Shah Nagri was kidnapped from his residence and later assassinated. Police recovered the body of a Gajoora Budgam man from a nearby stream. He had been kidnapped along with a friend whose body had already been recovered.
- November 4, 2002: In Israel, a bomb went off in the headrest of a car belonging to a border policeman. His brother, who had been driving, had just gotten out when the explosion occurred. The car had been at an Muslim-owned garage in the Erer industrial zone after having been in an accident. Palestinians working there are believed to have planted the device.
- November 4, 2002: In Belgium, a grenade was found and safely detonated by experts in the toilet of a Charleroi courthouse. An anonymous caller warned of the device saying that "blood was going to be spilled now that it was the start of Ramadan.".
- November 4, 2002: In Israel, three people were killed and 69 were wounded when a Muslim suicide bomber blew himself up at the entrance to Kfar Sava's open- air Arim shopping mall. One of the dead was a security guard who prevented the bomber from entering a Shekem electronic store, where a detonation would have caused a higher numbers of casualties.
Palestinian Islamic Jihad claimed "credit" the attack, as did an unknown group calling itself the Jerusalem Battalions.
- November 5, 2002: Three mortars were fired by HAMAS into the Qatif Bloc settlements.
- November 5, 2002: In Poonch, Kashmir, a group of Muslim militants armed with automatic weapons and grenades attacked a hearse that was carrying corpse. They hurled a grenade at the hearse and when the vehicle stopped, they opened fire on it. Four of the passengers were killed and one other was injured.
- November 5, 2002: In Turkey, jihadists threw Molotov cocktails at the Justice and Development Party in Trabzon.
- November 5, 2002: In Pakistan, a police officer and a security guard were injured when they opened a parcel bomb sent to their Jacobabad office. A total of 10 such bombs were mailed to security officials who were investigating the growing presence of al-Qaeda in Karachi. A total of nine people were wounded.
- November 5, 2002: In Albania, a bomb detonated in the yard of Faik Hoxha, a local mufti in Shkoder.
- November 5, 2002: In the Qatif Bloc settlements, a gunman infiltrated the greenhouses of Rafiam Yam and shot two Israelis to death, wounding two more in the attack. The Islamic Jihadist was in turn shot and killed by Rafiam Yam's security guard. The military wing of HAMAS, the Al-Qassem Brigades, claimed responsibility for the murder of these farmers.
- November 6, 2002: In Kashmir, Islamic gunmen murdered two brothers in their home in Phinter. One was a police officer and the other a Village Defense Committee member.
- November 6, 2002: In Russia, in the Evenki Autonomous Area, there was a series of seven arson attacks that left 21 families homeless and two people burned.
- November 6, 2002: Three mortar shells were fired at the Qatif Bloc.
- November 7, 2002: In Afghanistan, a warlord and the son of the former governor of the Nangarhan province in eastern Afghanistan survived an attempt on their lives. One of their bodyguards was killed and another was injured. The attack took place in Daka, east of Jalalabad on the main road outside Torkham. The jihadist's intended target, Haji Mohammad Zaker, is Haji Abdol Qadir's son and current governor Haji Din Mohammad's cousin. Mohammad Zaker played a role in fighting the Taliban in Tora Bora so it was payback time.
- November 7, 2002: At the Jif Junction in the West Bank, IDF soldiers stopped three Palestinians. One was carrying an explosive belt which he detonated as he ran towards the soldiers. Fortunately, only the three Palestinians were killed.
- November 7, 2002: In Israel, a Palestinian bomb was discovered and safely dismantled in the Rafah area. A bulldozer drove over an explosive charge outside the greenhouses in the Morag settlement but no one was hurt.
- November 7, 2002: American soldier, Pedro Pena, 35, of Miami, Florida died of a non-hostile accident in Kuwait awaiting deployment in Afghanistan,.
- November 8, 2002: Military police in Chechnya stopped a civilian vehicle that was loaded with explosives near the village of Staroshchedrinskaya. The Islamic suicide bomber's intended target is unknown.
- November 8, 2002: In Kashmir, a Sunni Muslim pulled a gun on a crowd of Shia Muslims performing their Friday prayers at an Anantnag mosque. He shot and killed one who seemed to be his intended target. The victim was a former counter-insurgent. Other Shia Muslims attacked the gunman, beating him badly before taking him to the police.
The same day, another jihadist entered a crowd of people performing their Friday mid-day prayers at a mosque in the Wawoora village and a policeman and two civilians. The officer and one of the civilians died of their wounds.
- November 9, 2002: In Pakistan, militant Muslims fired two rockets at a building in Pakistan's tribal areas where U.S. officials were believed to be operating.
- November 10, 2002: In Macedonia, an explosion at a pool hall in Kumanovo caused serious property damage, but no injuries.
- November 10, 2002: In Lebanon, a bomb was thrown at the offices of the pro-Syrian Al-Saiga movement in the Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp near Sidon. One person in the nearby mosque was injured in the blast.
- November 10, 2002: Five Israelis were killed and several more were injured when a Palestinian infiltrated Kibbutz Metzer, close to the Green. He opened fire on the residents, shooting indiscriminately. Revital Ohayon, 34, and her two sons, Matan, 5, and Noam, 4, as well as Yitzhak Dori, 44, and Tirza Damari, 42, were killed.
Fatah's al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed credit for murdering the five Jews - including two children. After all, it was the only thing they were good at.
- November 10, 2002: Border Police on duty near the Kibbutz Metzer stopped a Palestinian car carrying two men. The car then exploded, killing the occupants. The Muslims were obviously on their way to carry out a suicide bombing.
- November 11, 2002: An Israeli was wounded in a shooting attack north of Hebron. Shots were fired at his car near the Halhul bridge.
- November 12, 2002: In Kashmir, Muslim militants tossed a grenade at the office of the separatist Democratic Freedom Party in Srinagar. The attack, which took place in the middle of the night caused little damage. The pro-Pakistani group al-Umar Mujahedin claimed responsibility. Pakistan nevertheless blamed the Indian government. Truth is not popular in Islam.
Al Umar Mujahideen was formed in 1989 by Ahmad Zargar, a former member of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front. It was named after a Srinagar-based Islamic cleric, Maulvi Umar Farooq, who endorsed the group of Holy Warriors. Reports have it that Imam Umar Farooq supported the Al-Umar Mujahideen to counteract the influence of Pakistan's Hezb-ul-Mujahideen over whom he had no influence because they would not respect his religious authority. It is a fundamentalist, Salafi, Islamic organization. .
Zargar was arrested in 1992, but was one of three terrorists released by the Indian Government on December 31, 1999 in exchange for the passengers of a hijacked aircraft. Al Umar Mujahideen operates out of the Kashmir valley and provides local guidance to the Jaish-e-Mohammed (Army of Muhammad) Pakistani terrorist organization in Jammu and Kashmir. In June 2002, Indian police reported that al Umar Mujahideen had changed its name and was now operating as Al Medina.
Al Umar Mujahideen goal is to terrorize the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir into submission, and have it merge into Pakistan - the Land of Pure Islam. Right from the very beginning, al Umar Mujahideen has received direction, support, funding, and arms from Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). As recently as 2000, the ISI appointed Zargar as its Chief Coordinator of attacks on candidates and political parties opposed to the annexation of Kashmir into Pakistan.
- November 12, 2002: Three mortar shells were fired at a Qatif Bloc settlement. Another mortar was fired at a settlement in the northern part of the Gaza Strip.
- November 12, 2002: In Bosnia and Herzegovina, an explosive device planted underneath the vehicle of Goran Modic, the Chief of the Criminal Investigation Department of the police station in Kozarac, detonated while his car was parked on the street. No one was injured, but several buildings were damaged.
- November 12, 2002: In Lebanon, a small bomb exploded outside a Winners fast food restaurant in Juniyah, east of Beirut. No one was hurt. The explosion came thirty minutes after one at a Juniyah Pizza Hut and at about the same time as one at a Tripoli Pizza Hut. The owner of Winners said that the restaurant is an entirely Lebanese enterprise.
- November 13, 2002: Two anti-tank mines were discovered and safely detonated in the greenhouses of the Morag settlement in the Qatif Bloc. An anti-tank rocket was fired at Netzarim in the Gaza Strip.
- November 13, 2002: In Chechnya, a group of Muslim gunmen wearing black ski masks stopped a convoy of Red Cross vehicles as they were retuning to their base in Ingushetia. The attackers released two Red Cross workers, but kidnapped Aleksandr Panov and Musa Satushiyev. Authorities accused Chechen Islamic groups associated with Aslan Maskhadov of the kidnapping.
The following day, more masked Muslims stopped a Red Cross convoy outside Grozny and kidnapped two additional Red Cross workers.
- November 14, 2002: In Lebanon, a hand grenade was thrown at a Fatah office in the Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp near Sidon, wounding a guard.
- November 14, 2002: In Kashmir, Islamic gunmen kidnapped and later killed a Kapran-Dooru man in his home in the Islamabad District.
- November 14, 2002: Palestinian gunfire was directed at an Israeli car in Hurawwah.
- November 15, 2002: Two mortars were lobbed into an Israeli settlement in the northern part of the Gaza Strip. The shells landed in a Palestinian area, however, and HAMAS refrained from taking credit.
- November 15, 2002: In Kashmir, the United Jihad Council ordered the assassination of a contractor in the Doda District. That same day, police recovered the body of a man who had been abducted by jihadists two weeks earlier. He was from Jigoth.
- November 15, 2002: In Iraq, an explosion killed one person in Arbil. The bomb was hidden in a mortar shell in a bag and was detonated in Arbil. Imagine hiding an explosive device in a mortar.
- November 15, 2002: In Pakistan, three men were killed and another nine were injured when a large bomb with a timer detonator went off in a passenger bus in Hyderabad. The attack took place on a Friday, the day of rest in the Islamic world and as such, the bus had relatively few passengers, and no Muslims aboard. The bag containing the bomb had been left on an empty seat.
Hours earlier, Pakistani citizen Mir Aimal Kasi was executed in the U.S. for murdering two CIA officers at Langley. The events were related. In Pakistan, Kasi was a hero.
- November 16, 2002: In the Sulawesi area of Indonesia, a bomb was found in a local KFC outlet. The device was homemade. Muslim militants from the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) were blamed.
- November 16, 2002: Also in the Sulawesi area of Indonesia, a bomb was found outside of a Pentecostal Christian church. It was safely defused and no injuries were reported. Authorities suspected the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
- November 16, 2002: In Kosovo, an explosion damaged the interior of a Serbian Orthodox Church in Djurakovac. A similar attack occurred the following day at another Orthodox church in Ljubovo.
- November 16, 2002: In Kashmir, a man was shot to death by Muslim gunmen at his home in Karam Kantha. Jihadists assassinated a Framoo Gadol man in Islamabad. Then they murdered a retired terrorist in Ruthsan Tral.
- November 16, 2002: In South Africa, a bomb exploded Saturday night, ripping through the office of the serious violent crimes unit. While there is no proof that the perpetrators were Muslims, Islamic violence in South Africa was becoming common.
- November 17, 2002: In Kashmir, a retired terrorist was killed in a shootout near Jamia Masjid.
- November , 2002: In Kosovo, an explosion completely destroyed a Serbian Orthodox Church in Ljubovo.
- November, 2002: In Russia, two explosions occurred within seconds of each other at a soccer stadium in Vladikavkaz, about an hour after a game had finished. One bomb had been planted under a sewage manhole cover near the entrance to the stadium, and the second was under the stands.
- November 17, 2002: Islamic terrorists were foiled in their attempt to hijack an El Al Boeing 757 from Tel Aviv to Istanbul by Israeli Sky Marshals.
- November 18, 2002: In Afghanistan, a dozen Muslims were caught trying to plant a 60-pound bomb in a hydroelectric plant near Kabul. They were cited as wanting to destabilize the government.
- November 18, 2002: In India, landmines intended for policemen in a bus near the Chintagudam village were triggered mistakenly by the People's War Group, causing the death of twenty civilians and injury to sixteen more. Four days after the explosion, the PWG publicly apologized for the blast.
The People's War Group no longer exists but during its four year run, it was a Maoist guerilla organization that operated in India. The PWG's non-Islamic orientation was the reason for the apology. That does not however, make the People's War Group saints. Their violent insurgency under the banner of Socialit Secular Humanism killed scores of civilians and police officers each year during their active period.
- November 18, 2002: In Indonesia, at least four people were injured when a homemade bomb exploded in front of a civilian guard post.
- November 18, 2002: In the Czech Republic, a Mercedes was deliberately left on the tracks of the railroad between Prague and Vrsovice. A train crashed into the car, but none of the 80 passengers were injured. It was suspected the incident was in protest to the upcoming NATO summit to be held in the capital.
- November 18, 2002: A Palestinian fired shots at an Israeli car near the West Bank settlement of Rimonim, northeast of Ramallah, wounding two. One of the Israelis later died from the injuries sustained in the name of Allah.
- November 18, 2002: According to Russian authorities and journalists, Wahhabi Muslim terrorists assassinated Chechen religious and political leader, Sayid-Pasha Salikhov and his son at their home in the Stariye Atagi village.
- November 19, 2002: In Kashmir, police recovered the body of a Hindu man from Kurinar. Jihadists shot and killed a woman inside her home in Barsoo-Ganderbal. That evening, the body of a Pampore man was found mutilated and murdered. Islamic gunmen had also shot and injured a man in Bonagam.
- November 20, 2002: In the Czech Republic, hours before U.S. President George Bush was scheduled to arrive in Prague for a NATO summit, Czech police defused a bomb in the Kyje suburb of Prague.
span class=islam>- November 20, 2002: In Kashmir, Muslims murdered the brother of legislator Usman Majid, the only Awami League MLA, in the Garoora village. Two policemen were also injured in the shooting. Before entering politics, Majid had been an active member of an Islamic terrorist group.
- November 20, 2002: In Saudi Arabia, a Muslim man walked into a McDonalds in al-Kharj, 50 miles south of Riyadh, and pointed a gun at an employee. He then lit a fire and fled. Al-Kharj was home to a U.S. military base. All American bases in Saudi Arabia have now been shut down in accordance with the wishes of Osama bin Laden.
- November 21, 2002: An Islamic suicide bomber on an Egged bus on Mexico Street in Jerusalem murdered 10 Israelis and one Romanian. This animal wounded 50 additional humans. HAMAS claimed responsibility for indoctrinating, bribing, and equipping the murderer.
- November 21, 2002: In Afghanistan, a bomb went off at a bus station near Kabul's Shahid Abdol Haq Square. Do you suppose that Muslims have something against busses? Search as I might, I haven't found a single verse in the Qur'an that speaks against busses, so perhaps Muslims are interested in killing people. .
- November 21, 2002: Since the Qur'an does speak out against women, in Afghanistan today, a woman working for a Japanese firm was shot and stabbed to death in her home in Charbolak, 20 miles west of Mazar-e Sharif.
- November 21, 2002: In Afghanistan, a bomb was detonated in the money exchange area of Charsoo in Qandahar City. Ten people were wounded by the blast. The bomb had been hidden in a box of food. The governor of Qandahar blamed remnants of the Taliban and al-Qaeda, saying that they were still in the area.
- November 21, 2002: In Lebanon, an American missionary from the Evangelical Church in Sidon was murdered as she entered an obstetrician's clinic where she had volunteered her time. Bonnie Witherall was in her thirties and had been living in Sidon for four years. Her husband was a British doctor, working at the same healthcare facility. Bonnie was killed with three shots to her head.
The killing was the first of a U.S. citizen in almost a decade in Lebanon, which saw countless attacks on Americans in the 1980s during the Islamic uprising. The intermission, however, was mostly a result of Americans leaving Lebanon after the slaughter and retreat of U.S. Marines during the Reagan administration.
The cold-blooded murder of Bonnie Witherall was attributed to the terrorist organization Asbat- al-Ansar which operated in Southern Lebanon.
Asbat- al-Ansar (the Helpers League) is a Sunni fundamentalist Islamic group in Lebanon, chiefly composed of Palestinian refugees. It is based in the Ayn al-Hilwah refugee camp in southern Lebanon, Asbat- al-Ansar has links with HAMAS and receives financial aid from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan remain havens for Islamic terrorist groups. While the HAMAS, Hizballah, Islamic Jihad, and Fatah organizations dominate the region, smaller groups such as Asbat- al-Ansar operate on the fringes and draw membership from individuals alienated by the larger outfits. Such was the case with al-Qaeda, which was quite small until it merged with the more numerous and established Egyptian al-Jihad organization.
Asbat- al-Ansar bases its ideology on Salafism, meaning that its adherents believe in a pure and unaltered interpretation of the Qur'an and Sunnah - the example of the Muhammad. The 9/11 suicide bombers were Salafi Muslims as are 95% of the world's terrorists and 99.99% of Islamic terrorists.
The group is virulently opposed to Israel, the West, and other religious sects in Lebanon such as Christianity and the Druze religion in particular. Their aim is to set up a Sunni Islamic theocracy in Lebanon.
Asbat- al-Ansar was formed in the late 1980s by Sheik Hisham Shreidi, a Palestinian refugee and Islamic preacher. Shreidi was killed in 1991 by al-Fatah/PLO rivals. Shortly after his death, Asbat- al-Ansar split in to three factions, Asbat al-Nour, Jama'at al-Nur and Jund as-Sham (Army of the Land). Asbat al-Nour was founded by Hisham's eldest son Abdullah in a dispute over leadership with Ahmad Abd al-Karim al-Saadi. Abu Mohjen was Sheik Hisham Shreidi's top lieutenant and widely accepted successor.
Abdullah and his younger brother Mohammed, who also led the splinter group, were killed by al-Fatah gunmen in 2003 and 2004 respectively. It is suspected that Asbat al-Nour has now rejoined the Asbat- al-Ansar. The other faction, Jund as-Sham, was later incorporated into Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's Tawhid and Jihad network. Abu Mohjen was named a top deputy by al-Zarqawi in Iraq, and any disputes between the three factions of Asbat- al-Ansar are believed to be minor. Abu Mohjen has been sentenced to death in absentia several times by the Lebanese government (which is heavily influenced by Iran's Shia imams) and is believed to be operating in Iraq or Lebanon.
In its early stages, Asbat- al-Ansar was responsible for attacks on soft targets such as clubs, liquor stores, and movie theaters. The group was also thought to be responsible for attacks on rival militant and religious leaders, including Sunnis who the group deemed to be too moderate. In the late 1990s, apparently buoyed by funding from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, Asbat- al-Ansar began attacking targets of greater significance. Asbat- al-Ansar is thought to be responsible for killing four Lebanese judges in 1999, a rocket attack on the Russian Embassy in Lebanon in January 2000, several thwarted attempts to assassinate the American Ambassador, as well as a foiled plot to attack the Italian Embassy, the Ukrainian Consulate General, and Lebanese Government offices in 2004.
Asbat- al-Ansar organized a coup attempt in 2000 which was carried out by its allies Tafkir wa Hijra, another Sunni Salafi Qur'an Study Group. The failed coup left dozens of people dead, including Lebanese soldiers and civilians. In the past few years, Asbat- al-Ansar has been tied to a number of bombings at fast food restaurants in Lebanon, and has been embroiled in an ongoing battle with Fatah over control of the ‘Ayn al-Hilwah refugee camp which has cost many lives.
Although Asbat- al-Ansar is still dedicated to its goal of a Sunni Islamic state in Lebanon, many fear that they have embraced the pan-Islamic ideals of Osama bin Laden, and are planning to extend their operations beyond Lebanon into Syria, Israel and Iraq. Although Asbat- al-Ansar is relatively small, they are very active, deadly, and dangerous.
- November 22, 2002: The Afghan Vice President and Defense Minister, General Muhammad Qassim Fahim escaped an assassination attempt by a suicide bomber in Kabul. The Muslim bomber with explosives strapped to his body laid down in front of Muhammad Fahim's car as he went into the Wazir Akbar Khan mosque for Friday prayers. An accomplice tried to detonate the explosives the bomber was wearing by remote control but failed. Both men, reportedly Iraqi Kurds, were arrested. Fahim had escaped another attempt on his life earlier this year in Jalalabad. The Iraqi Kurd was found to have trained in Kashmir and to have links with several Taliban commanders and to the Pakistani government.
- November 22, 2002: In Pakistan, four Mohajr Qaumi Movement activists were wounded when Muslim militants on motorcycles assaulted them while the party members were standing outside one of their offices in Karachi.
- November 22, 2002: In Kashmir, the mutilated body of a man kidnapped several days before was found at Larakpora. Bereft of their captive, Muslim militants kidnapped a suspected informer from his home in the Watihal village, tortured and murdered him.
Once he was dead, Pakistani jihadists kidnapped another suspected informer from his home in the Kapran village. After beating him, they blew his brains out.
That night, police recovered the body of a Hindu man from the Aboora village. And a shopkeeper from Ganai Hamam was wounded when Islamic terrorists dragged him from his store and beat him to the point of death.
- November 22, 2002: Jammu and Kashmir's Minister of Rural Development, Peerzada Muhammad Sayeed, escaped an assassination attempt by Muslims who fired at his motorcade in Anantnag. The assault took place near the Hiller village as Sayeed, a Congress leader, was visiting his constituency in south Kashmir. Three policemen were injured. Al-Nasireen, a little-known terrorist group claimed credit but they are believed to be a shadow group of the Lashkar-e-Tayyba.
- November 23, 2002: A bomb was detonated outside of a Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine office in southern Lebanon's Ain al-Hilwah Palestinian refugee camp.
- November 23, 2002: In Pakistan, Muslims on motorcycles sprayed bullets around a Mohaji Qaumi Movement Party worker who was sitting outside of his house in Karachi's Landhi neighborhood. He died from the four bullet wounds he received. The MQM is a political party dedicated to improving the position of the Mohaji, or refugee, community.
- November 23, 2002: In Germany, militants set a Turkish mosque on fire in Wolfenbuettel in what appears to have been sectarian violence.
- November 23, 2002: In Kashmir, jihadists shot and killed a shopkeeper in Khanyar. Then they murdered a medical assistant who was serving in the central jail of Srinagar.
- November 23, 2002: In Jordan, a bomb was detonated in the exterior wall of an Amman Arab Bank branch.
- November 23, 2002: Jihadists attacked a residence belonging to the brothers of the governor of Khost in eastern Afghanistan. The governor, Mohammad Hakim Taniwal, also visits the home occasionally.
- November 24, 2002: The Reghunath and Shiv temples in Jammu, Kashmir were attacked by Lashkar-e-Tayyba Muslims wielding automatic weapons. They murdered 13 Hindus and wounded 50 with their indiscriminate fire. The shooting went on for hours before security forces secured the temple. This was the second attack on the historic Raghunath temple, the first occurred in March 2002, when ten people were killed and nineteen were injured.
Lashkar-e-Tayyba is the terrorist wing of the Pakistan-based Islamic religious party, Markaz-ud-Dawa-wal-Irshad. MDI is an Islamic anti-Christian missionary organization that was formed in 1989.
The LT is one of the three largest and best-trained terrorist groups murdering and mutilating Hindus, Christians, Communists, and peaceful Muslims in Kashmir. In 1994, the Lashkar-e-Tayyba became one of the primary recipients of funds from Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Pakistan's intelligence agency, after the larger Jamaat-e-Islami and the Hezbul Mujahideen terrorist organizations refused to accept new conditions attached to ISI money. This became one of the primary catalysts for General Musharraf's coup - meaning that he was more prone to terror than his Jamaat-e-Islami political rival. .
Lashkar-e-Tayyba's willing support of the ISI's mission of forcing Kashmir into being annexed into Pakistan, curried considerable favor with the Pakistani government. LT also complied with the ISI mission of attacking Hindus, Communists, and Christians in the Jammu Division. But what garnered Lashkar-e-Tayyba the highest marks with the Pakistani authorities was their willingness to assist in training Muslim youth in Pakistan, Kashmir, and the rest of India to be jihadists. As a result, along with the Army of Muhammad and Al Badr, Lashkar-e-Tayyba is thought to be responsible for the majority of the violence in Kashmir.
In December 2001, the United States designated the Pakistani financed Lashkar-e-Tayyba a foreign terrorist organization - while hypocritically designating their support mechanism, the Pakistani government, an ally in the war on terror. So with a new rap sheet, the LT reorganized, separatin its military-sponsored terrorist actions in Kashmir from its Islamic religious undertakings in Pakistan. The LT's new agenda, which was identical to its old mission, was outlined in a pamphlet entitled: Why Are We Waging Jihad? The answer was: "to restore Islamic rule over all of India including Jammu and Kashmir. We seek to bring about a union of all Muslim majority regions in countries that surround Pakistan.".
In harmony with the Pakistan government and its ISI, the Lashkar-e-Tayyba pamphlet propagates Islamic fundamentalism based on the Wahhabi, or Salafi reliance on the oldest scriptural sources - the Qur'an, Sira, Ta'rikh, and Hadith of Bukhari and Muslim. Lashkar-e-Tayyba agenda includes the imposition of Wahhabi Islamic fundamentalism and Sharia Law in Pakistan and all countries surrounding the Land of Pure Muslims into a pan-Islamic theocracy. Their logo is an open Qur'an with an upraised assault rifle superimposed against a rising sun.
Lashkar-e-Tayyba is a member of Osama bin Laden's International Islamic Front for Jihad against the U.S. and Israel, as well as of the United Jihad Council. And that is a problem since its chief sponsor is the Pakistani government.
- November 24, 2002: In Lebanon, a bomb exploded in front of the house of a Fatah official in the Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp. The attack was the latest involving Palestinian infighting, mostly between Fatah and the PFLP.
- November 24, 2002: In South Africa, a bomb exploded at a building in the Grand Central Airport.
- November 24, 2002: In Kashmir, Muslims killed a National Conference worker in downtown Srinagar. Later in the day in the Razloo Forest, police recovered the decomposed body of a woman from Lammad who had been kidnapped by jihadists.
- November 24, 2002: In Iraq, shots were fired on a car carrying three civilians on their way to the Nalparez area near the Iranian border. One of the passengers was killed and another, his son, who is a member of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan was wounded. The Islamic group Ansar al-Islam was suspected.
- November 25, 2002: In Kashmir, militants forced their way into a house in Badgam and killed three family members. A shopkeeper was also shot dead in the Kulgam area.
- November 25, 2002: In Turkmenistan, a motorcade carrying Turkmen President Saparmurat Niyazov was ambushed. One person was killed and another was wounded.
- November 25, 2002: In Pakistan, four people were killed and two others were wounded in an ambush of the Pakistan People's Party President Chaudhry Khalid Humayun in Gujranwala. The PPP's drivers as well as bystanders were killed when approximately fifteen Muslims opened fire on them.
- November 26, 2002: In Afghanistan, two rockets were fired at the Presidential Palace in Kabul.
- November 27, 2002: In Afghanistan, five people were injured in an explosion at a mosque in Taloqan, the capital of the northern province of Takhar. The bombing took place as Muslim worshippers gathered for ritual prayers at the end of the day's fasting for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
- November 27, 2002: The head of the local United Russia Party was attacked. They were trying to settle the crisis in Chechnya peacefully and the attackers were trying to intimidate the URP party members.
- November 27, 2002: In Israel an Islamic suicide bomber driving a car packed with explosives detonated himself outside the Coordination and Cooperation office in the northern Gaza Strip. The military wing of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades, claimed credit for the attack on the joint Israeli-Palestinian facility even though the bomber was the only one killed.
- November 28, 2002: In Afghanistan, a bomb went off in Jalalabad.
- November 28, 2002: In Israel, five Israelis were killed and 43 were wounded when two Fatah Islamic terrorists opened fire and threw grenades at the Likud polling station in Beit She'an, near the central bus station. The attack was claimed by the Fatah-linked al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades.
Fatah, a vocalized acronym for "the victorious conquest," is one of many bastard children of the Muslim Brotherhood. Its principle founder, Yasser Arafat, became an active member of the Muslim Brotherhood while attending King Fuad University in Cairo, Egypt. He dropped out of school early to fight in Allah's Cause during the 1948 Israeli War of Independence. .
The terrorist organization Marxist Muslim political party taunts a logo which includes two crossed assault rifles superimposed on the entire land of Israel covered in Islamic green. There are also Qur'anic slogans slathered on the graphic depiction of their mission encouraging jihad.
In addition to Yasser Arafat, Fatah was founded in Kuwait by four other Marxist Muslim terrorists in 1959: Khalil El-Wazir, Salah Khalaf, Khalid al-Hasan, and Faruk Qaddumi. Their initial funding came exclusively from the Kuwaiti OPEC emirs but over time Fatah was financed by Egypt, the USSR's KGB, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Syria. The original ideology of Fatah utterly rejected the legitimacy of Israel and espoused violence as a means to drive all Jews out of greater Palestine - which they considered to be all of Israel.
Fatah's first six years were secretive as the aspiring terrorist organization solicited funding from OPEC, training from the KGB, and weapons from surrounding Islamic governments. In the power vacuum that followed the Islamic defeat in the 1967 Islamic-Israeli War, Fatah offered a ray of hope in the blackness of Islam. Fatah's first terrorist raid was in 1968 when their members bombed an Israeli school bus. While they suffered a horrendous defeat in the retaliatory strike which followed and had to be rescued by the Jordanians, a Time Magazine cover story on Yasser Arafat and Fatah vaulted the Muslim murderer to international acclaim.
By 1969, Fatah aligned itself with the PLO, establishing itself as the dominant faction within the Palestinian Liberation Organization. Arafat was appointed head of the PLO because his "success" bombing the Israeli school bus and losing the retaliatory skirmish had swelled his ranks with aspiring jihadists and filled his pockets with OPEC ooze. And so it was for that point on that Fatah and the PLO became one in the same.
Unable to stand up to the Israelis, the Islamic terrorist who made a career of using Muslim boys to bomb Jewish women and children, operated out of Jordan where he was protected by the Kingdom's army. But rotten fish stink and the murdering Palestinians wore out their welcome. In September 1970, the PLO/Fatah was expelled violently from Jordan in what became known as the Black_September assault. The Jordanian government killed as many as 20,000 Palestinian refugees in one month - many times more Palestinians than have been killed by the IDF over the past 60 years in Israel's defensive war against Islamic terrorism.
There is a lesson here that is well known in well known in Islamic fiefdoms and yet ignored in the West. No one likes the so-called Palestinians. That is why they remain refugees in Islamic countries like Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan and are not integrated into their societies. It is why Jordan expelled them and why Egypt wouldn't take Gaza back when the Jews offered it to them along with the Sinai. The Palestinian Cause is touted only because it is anti-Semitic and thus consistent with Islam. If the Palestinians were not a thorn in Israel's side, no one would know of them or care about them.
Following the PLO/Fatah's deadly expulsion from Jordan, the terrorist organization operated out of Lebanon, corrupting that nation and instigating a ruthless civil war in which tens of thousands of additional people died. Booted out of Lebanon, the PLO/Fatah were forced to disperse throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Yet despite Fatah's shifting bases, it consistently carried out attacks against Israeli targets in the Middle East and Western Europe.
As part of the 1993 Oslo Accords between Israel and the Palestinians, Fatah recognized a reduced the state of Israel and allegedly renounced terrorism in exchange for autonomy over Muslim majority regions. However, Fatah inspired terrorism increased, proving that Muslims, like Marxists cannot be trusted. Further, the PLO never renounced its ambition to wipe the nation of Israel off the map. An amendment was proposed but never ratified. And even if the charter had been amended, it wouldn't have mattered. While Islamic voices are shrill, their actions speak louder than their words.
The Fatah/PLO became the Palestinian Authority with Arafat acting as dictator following Oslo. During his reign he personally stole $900,000,000 that was ostensibly provided to benefit the people he was abusing. During this time, the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a Fatah subsidiary, became one of the world's most lethal terrorist organizations. Having personally met with Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades terrorists, I can confirm that they took their orders from Arafat, that they existed to kill Jews, and that they were trained, funded, and armed by the United States. If you'd like to familiarize yourself with this unpleasant reality, read the title chapter of Tea With Terrorists - free at the www.ProphetOfDoom.net site.
- November 28, 2002: In Africa today there was a triple suicide car bomb attack on the Paradise Hotel in Mombassa, Kenya. Islamic terrorists selected this hotel because it was frequented by Jewish tourists. These Muslims killed 15 people and wounded 80 more. Three of the dead and 18 of the wounded were Israeli tourists; the others were Kenyans.
A suicide bomber blew himself up in the lobby of the Israeli owned resort. Two more suicide attackers who were parked next to the hotel blew themselves up immediately thereafter. The attack was designed to mark the 55th anniversary of the partition of Palestine. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the mass murder.
- November 28, 2002: Also in Africa on this day, near Mombassa's airport, two SA-7 shoulder-fired missiles were shot as an Arkya Airlines Boeing 757 carrying 261 passengers back to Israel flew above. Both missiles missed. Al-Qaeda, the Government of Universal Palestine in Exile, al-Ittihad al-Islami, and the Army of Palestine all claimed "credit" for the attack. It was a bouillabaisse of terror.
It appears that the Universal Palestine in Exile, al-Ittihad al-Islami, and the Army of Palestine, were aided and abetted in their killing by al-Qaeda, so let's take a close look at the world's most infamous Islamic club.
Al-Qaeda, meaning "the Base" in English, is a Salafi Muslim organization. As fundamentalists, they are guided exclusively by the oldest Islamic sources. These include: Allah's Qur'an or Recital whose oldest written fragments date to 725 CE, Muhammad's Sira or Biography compiled by Ishaq in 750 CE (120 years after Muhammad's death), Islam's Ta'rikh or History compiled by Tabari between 870 and 920 CE, and the Hadith or Oral Reports from Muhammad and his Companions compiled by Bukhari and Muslim around 850 CE. As Salafi Muslims, al-Qaeda members strive to obey Allah's orders and follow Muhammad's example. And that is why they are terrorists.
While al-Qaeda is often referred to as Wahhabist, that designation just means that they adhere to the pure, uncorrupted form of Islam lived and taught by Allah's lone messenger and Islam's solitary prophet Muhammad. And that's not good since according to the oldest Islamic sources Allah's prophet was a sexual pervert, a rapist and pedophile, a womanizer and adulterer who was incestuous. Muhammad was actively engaged in armed robbery, mass murder, kidnapping, extortion, and the slave trade. But more than anything, Muhammad was a terrorist. Allah's messenger led 75 terrorist raids during the first ten years of the Islamic Era. .
While al-Qaeda is led by Allah, it was founded by Dr. Muhammad Abdullah Azzam. Today, the Islamic club's ambassadors are Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri. We will detail their lives in a moment. But first, let's review how al-Qaeda came to exist.
The inspiration and guidance was provided by Palestinian Islamic cleric and scholar Abdallah Azzam. Dr. Abu Muhammad Abdallah Azzam was the charismatic figure who served as bin Laden's ideologue and spiritual mentor. The Islamic academician named "Slave-to-Allah" taught that Jihad was the personal responsibility of every Muslim to liberate the lands of Islam from infidel control. His mantra was consistent with the definition of Jihad found in the Noble Qur'an's first use of the term:
"Jihad is holy fighting in Allah's Cause with full force of numbers and weaponry. It is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of its pillars. By Jihad, Islam is established, Allah's Word is made superior, which means only Allah has the right to be worshiped, and Islam is propagated. By abandoning Jihad, Islam is destroyed and Muslims fall into an inferior position. Their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanish. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on every Muslim. He who tries to escape from this duty, dies with one of the qualities of a hypocrite." (Noble Qur'an - Translation of the Meanings in the English Language, definition reference to Qur'an 2:190, page 39, furnished by the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an, translated by Dr. Muhammad al-Hilali and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan of the Islamic University, Al Madinah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
You should know that the Qur'an defines "hypocrite" in the 9th surah as peace-loving, moderate Muslims who are so vile that Allah will personally attend to their tortures in hell. Therefore, being a peaceful Muslim is a lose-lose scenario. If Muhammad spoke for God and the Qur'an is accurate, Allah hates peaceful Muslims and will personally destroy them. If Muhammad was a lying buffoon, the real hypocrite, then relying upon his religion is a fool's folly.
Osama bin Laden's jihad mentor, and the actual founder of al-Qaeda, the Palestinian professor Dr. Muhammad Abdallah Azzam said: "The love of jihad (holy war) took over my life, my soul, my sensations, my heart and my emotions. If preparing for jihad is terrorism, then we are terrorists. If defending our honor is extremist, we are extremists. If jihad against our enemies is fundamentalism, we are fundamentalists." (Dr. Abdallah Azzam as quoted on commemorative posters printed by HAMAS's Tulkarm Charitable Society).
The professor's words are repeated in books, pamphlets, audio and video cassettes, and they are preached in mosques. He is considered one of the four most outstanding figures of the Islamic struggle in Palestine and around the world. Also included on that list are Hassan al-Bana, who founded the Muslim Brotherhood (from which all modern Islamic terrorist organizations sprang), Sheikh Izzedine al-Qassam, a Syrian Islamic cleric and terrorist whose epic speeches and exploits are considered exemplary, and Ahmad Yassen, the founder of HAMAS.
Dr. Abdallah Azzam attended Islam's foremost academic institution, Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt. It was there that he became a student of Islam and joined the Muslim Brotherhood. He received a doctorate in Islamic Law, graduating with honors. With these credentials, you can be assured that Dr. Muhammad Abdallah Azzam's understanding of Islam is consistent with the Islamic scriptures. Osama bin Laden's jihad mentor and religious teacher knows Islam infinitely better than all of the politicians who errantly claim that his student "corrupted, misinterpreted, and hijacked a peaceful religion.".
Following his graduation, and shortly after the Six-Day War, Azzam moved to Jordan. As part of the Muslim Brotherhood, he participated in terrorist raids against Israel in the Jordan Valley. He became a commander of a base in Zarqa, Jordan where Muslim Brotherhood militants were trained so that they could operate in Israel under the Palestinian Fatah flag.
During the 1970s, Azzam taught Islamic Law at the University of Jordan in Amman. But when he used his position to recruit for the Muslim Brotherhood he was fired. Along with other members of the Muslim Brotherhood, he left for Saudi Arabia in 1980.
In 1981 Azzam began teaching Islamic Theology at the King Saud bin Abdul al-Aziz University (named after Saud King Faisal, Muhammad bin Laden's (Osama's father) benefactor) in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Osama bin Laden, attended the same school but graduated two years before Dr. Azzam's arrival. But what's important here is that Dr. Muhammad Abdullah Azzam would not have been allowed to teach Islamic Theology at Saudi Arabia's premier state-run university if his interpretation of Islam differed in any appreciable way from that of the Saud family or the Wahhabist clerics they employed.
Now while Saudi Arabia was on the front lines of propagating Salafi Islam, Pakistan was ground zero for implementing fundamentalist Islam. So Dr. Muhammad Abdallah Azzam, at the urging of the Muslim World League, volunteered to teach at the International Islamic University in Islamabad, Pakistan. This was two years after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, so the Great Jihad was boiling. .
For the next few years, between 1981 through 1984, Dr. Azzam remained on the Saudi payroll while teaching fundamentalist Islam in Pakistan's political capital. But he didn't get a good report card from the Pakistanis who wanted him preparing jihadists rather than being a jihadist. His Saud funding was temporarily suspended and Azzam left Islamabad for Peshawar, where he began teaching at the College for Preaching and Jihad. Simultaneously, he managed the Pakistani offices of the Muslim Brotherhood and was responsible for sending Muslim Brotherhood teachers into Pakistani public and religious schools to promote jihad.
Muhammad Abdallah Azzam first met his star pupil when he was lecturing at the College for Preaching and Jihad in Peshawar, Pakistan, a town near the Afghanistan border. The college educated/indoctrinated many mujahideen (holy warriors) who participated in the Great Jihad against the Soviet Army. For this, Azzam is adulated to this day in the Islamic world.
The Al-Azhar professor laid the foundation for al-Qaeda, the Taliban, HAMAS, as well as most Islamic terrorist organizations. He expounded upon fundamentalist Islam in his fatwah, or Islamic religious edict, entitled: The Defense of Muslim Lands - the Most Important Personal Duty. It has become canonical in the Muslim world. Not only is it distributed by the Taliban and HAMAS, it has become required reading material for all al-Qaeda affiliated Islamic associations. First published in 1984, by the Modern Mission Library in Amman, Jordan, Dr. Abdullah Azzam's book serves as al-Qaeda's Constitution. His fatwah features quotations from the oldest Islamic sources, both Qur'an and Hadith, along with support from leading Muslim clerics in Saudi Arabia.
There is no question that bin Laden was influenced by Azzam's rhetoric and charisma, or that the teacher and student immediately bonded. But this needs to be made clear: Dr. Muhammad Abdullah Azzam didn't tell Osama bin Laden anything he didn't already know. Azzam's interpretations of Islam were identical to those preached in the Saudi mosques and taught in the Saudi schools bin Laden had attended. All Azzam did was distill the essential scriptural sources down so that the conclusion was undeniable and irrefutable - Allah demands that all Muslims fight to the death in his cause. Jihad is compulsory in Islam. The religion is a declaration of war on all mankind.
The cooperation between Dr. Azzam and bin Laden was manifest in what they called "the four institutions and mosques." These were established one after another. When they united, the grew into the infrastructure of al-Qaeda. They were:.
1) Bayt al-Ansar, or the House of the Supporters. As the first institution established by Azzam and bin Laden, BA served to provide infrastructure and logistical support, including food, shelter, clothing, and Islamic study material, for the mujahideen who had come to Pakistan to fight the Russians.
2) Maktab Khadamat, or the Office of Mujahideen Services. Its purpose was to equip the jihadists. It was financed by Saudi Intelligence, the Saudi Red Crescent, the Saud royal family, and by King Faisal himself.
3) While there was never a specified name for the project, the MAK ventured into the construction of training camps. In this endeavor, Abdallah Azzam and Osama bin Laden had two benefactors. The bases were provided courtesy of the Pakistani government by way of their intelligence community known as the ISI. Their weapons were provided by the American CIA - who by this time had already been arming Islamic fundamentalists in Pakistan and Afghanistan for four years. (More on that later.).
4) Al-Qaeda al-Subah, or the Firm Base. The original name al-Qaeda al-Subah was chosen by Dr. Muhammad Abdallah Azzam, not bin Laden. It had nothing to do with the database Osama compiled of jihadists as is often reported. The name al-Qaeda al-Subah tells us that the organization was conceived to provide a firm Islamic foundation from which jihadists would succeed at being shaheeds - meaning martyrs who witness to Islam and earn paradise by dying fighting Infidels in Allah's Cause. The purpose of al-Qaeda al-Subah is to prepare Muslims for terrorist operations. That would include religious education, physical training, as well as logistical support for jihad.
Within this structure, Osama bin Laden toiled in the areas of acquiring funding, providing life support for arriving jihadists, building training camps, and allocating American weaponry. Dr. Azzam was engaged in recruiting, preaching Islam, and establishing the firm religious base the Islamic mujahideen would require to fight and die as a jihadist. While Abdullah Azzam and Osama bin Laden were partners in the development of Bayt al-Ansar, Maktab Khadamat, and Al-Qaeda al-Subah, they were not equals. The inspiration for al-Qaeda, its guiding light, was Azzam. The Palestinian professor was al-Qaeda's founder, its spiritual leader, the man who wrote its business plan, and its inspiration. The Saudi student was the technician. In business parlance, Azzam was Founder, Chairman, and CEO while bin Laden was Chief Operating Officer and CFO.
Using Saudi, Pakistani, and American money, Dr. Azzam traveled around the globe, establishing the connections that would lead to al-Qaeda's worldwide network of affiliates. He even visited the United States, participating in an Islamic conference in Oklahoma City in 1988 (the site of an al-Qaeda affiliate's (Abu Sayyaf's) initial strike in the United States). During that trip, he also visited mosques and Islamic schools in Brooklyn, New York, where he successfully recruited jihadists and aided and abetted al-Qaeda's second and third strikes on U.S. soil. While in the United States, Azzam also met with the Islamic Association for Palestine, a cover for HAMAS, designed to transfer tax-exempt dollars from American Muslims to Islamic terrorism. .
Dr. Azzam appears on a video cassette entitled "The Jihad in America" which recorded his visits to the United States in the late 1980s. It was produced by journalist Steve Emerson and was broadcast in America in 1994 - seven years before Azzam's ambitions were fulfilled in New York and Washington.
On November 24, 1989, Abdallah Azzam, al-Qaeda al-Subah's founder and religious leader, was killed along with two of his sons when a bomb exploded in his car in Peshawar, Pakistan. His assassins were either Soviet intelligence agents or representatives of the pro-Soviet regime in control of Afghanistan at the time, or both. .
Today, Dr. Muhammad Abdallah Azzam is known as "Amir Jihad," or the "Leader of the Holy War." After analyzing the fall of the Muslim world he came to the conclusion that the abandonment of jihad was responsible for Islam's decline. He recognized that Islam had been built by the sword and it had died when the swords had been laid down.
Azzam exposed fundamentalist Islamic doctrine that came to permeate the rhetoric of the association he founded. He said that jihad was the vehicle Muslims must deploy to regain their power. He said that any land which had ever been subjected to Islamic rule at any time must be returned to Islamic dominion. He taught that Infidels should not be allowed to tread on Muslim soil. Azzam preached that indiscriminate terrorist attacks on civilian populations were legitimate Islamic practices that had to be deployed to achieve victory.
To verify the veracity of these fatwahs, the Islamic cleric and scholar quoted Islamic Hadith attributable to the prophet Muhammad. He noted that Muslims had a duty and were authorized to attack infidels even if the targets were women and children, and not fighters. His use of Hadith and Qur'an surahs in this regard became the foundation for Islamic terrorism as we know it today.
In his parting salvo, Dr. Azzam wrote an open letter to Muslims he entitled "The Will." It was hauntingly similar to the Nazi recruiting film, Triumph of the Will.
"My fellow Muslims,.
Jihad is your life, jihad is your glory. The substance of your existence is linked by fate to jihad. Fellow preachers, you have no value on this earth beyond that of you destroying the population of cruel rulers, infidels and sinners .
Those of the opinion that the religion of Allah can be victorious without a jihad, without a battle, and without dismembered bodies strewn in every direction only delude themselves. They do not understand the essence of the Islamic religion.
Indeed, veneration for religious Islamic preachers, the might of the message of Islam, and the eminence of Muslims will never be realized without a battle against the infidels. In the words of the prophet Muhammad: "Yea verily will Allah displace from the hearts of your enemies their fear of you, while in your hearts he will certainly plant faintheartedness." And those who heard him asked: "Messenger of Allah, what is faintheartedness?" And the prophet answered: "The love of pleasures as opposed to the hatred of death and aversion to battle." Take the initiative and lead those of this generation who have returned to their sovereign , may your hearts know no fear and yearn not for mundane pleasures. Beware lest you rely upon the luxurious table of cruel rulers, for they will destroy your hearts and extinguish them, separate you from the generation and drive a wedge between your hearts and theirs.".
As we discovered earlier, the Maktab al-Khadamat, or MAK, was a joint venture with the Pakistani government by way of their Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and Saudi Arabia with their OPEC funding and Wahhabi inspiration. Of this alliance from hell, the leader of the British House of Commons correctly wrote: "Bin Laden was a product of monumental miscalculation by western security agencies." He was right. And since this "monumental miscalculation" has obliterated 7,000 American lives in the last ten years, you deserve to know who was responsible.
The policy to equip Islamic fundamentalists was crafted by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) leader, Zbigniew Brzezinski. At the time he was President Jimmy Carter's mentor and National Security Advisor. Years before the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, Zbigniew Brzezinski conceived, sold, and implemented the plan to lure them in, creating a Russian Vietnam by way of Islamic jihadists.
During this time the American CIA covertly funneled $250 million a year in cash and weaponry to Maktab al-Khadamat, al-Qaeda al-Sudah, and Taliban jihadists. The total to Osama bin Laden's associates ultimately climbed to over a billion dollars. And overall U.S. military aid to Muslim militants in Afghanistan, including the Taliban, exceeded $5 billion. Not only was the Pakistani Taliban the most substantial recipient of CIA weaponry, their Foreign Affairs Minister, the man who was responsible for the Taliban's dealings with the ISI and CIA was Hamid Karzai - George Bush's appointed leader of Afghanistan. .
A little background here is in order because the facts are, America was instrumental in creating both the Taliban and al-Qaeda. At the time Zia was dictator over Pakistan. He worked with the U.S as early as July of 1979 to start arming Pakistani and Afghani Mujahideen to fight against the Soviet-backed government in Afghanistan. The Soviets, who liked the Marxist-Muslim government in Kabul, did not invade until late December - six months later.
This fact was not known at the time and has only come to light recently as CFR, CIA, and NSA officials have jumped up to claim their credit for helping to tear down the Soviet Union. Robert Gates, a former director of the CIA, confessed as much in his memoirs entitled From the Shadows.
But even more revealing is an interview in the French Le Nouvel Observateur in 1998. It was conducted with former American National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Zbigniew Brzezinski. He said: "According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahideen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet Army invaded Afghanistan, on December 24th, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3rd, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the President in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.".
This is stunning, since the U.S. vilified the Soviet Union for being the aggressor in Afghanistan. Jimmy Carter scoffed at their "lies" when the Soviets claimed they were trying to fight against "the secret involvement of foreign influences in Afghanistan." It was so hypocritical. The holier-than-thou Jimmy Carter boycotted the 1980 Olympics in protest of the Soviet Union's incursion, and set into motion an international anti-Soviet propaganda machine condemning them as aggressors and a threat to world peace, when he himself was the instigator - the man who started a war that killed nearly 15,000 Russians, 7,000 Americans, 1.3 million Afghanis, and as many as 6 million additional people worldwide since that time.
When Council on Foreign Relation's head and National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, was asked if he regretted pulling off such a massive and deadly deception against the world, he replied, "Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter, in substance: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam War. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.".
While this was a contributing factor to the demise of the USSR, America's support of the Soviet Union in World War II under somewhat similar pretenses, established the beast in the first place. In other words, when a nation deploys the strategy of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, they manufacture their next foe - and all too often they create a much bigger mess. .
Brzezinski capped off his amazing confession with a callous disregard for the consequences of aiding and abetting Islamic fundamentalists. He asked: "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Muslims, or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the Cold War?".
The interviewer, even in the pre-9/11 context of 1998, and being a member of the politically correct, Islam-tolerant French media, threw back, "Some stirred-up Moslems? It has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today." Brzezinski, angered at his interviewer's attempt to hold him accountable for his actions, responded, "Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn't a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western, or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.".
I'd like to see him tell that same story to the 1,000 American families who have lost loved ones to Islam in Israel, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, the Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Kuwait, the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Kenya, Tanzania, Libya, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt. Or to the 3,000 American families who lost loved ones to Islam in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania on September 11th, 2001. Or to the 3,000 American families who have lost loved ones to Islam in the War of Terrorism since that time in Afghanistan and Iraq. The investment of $5 billion used to fund fundamentalist Muslims to fight the Soviets pales in comparison to the $550 billion the nation has had to spend undoing that damage in the past four years. .
Brzezinski's ignorance of Islam, and his errant comparison of it to Christianity in the West, set the stage for an onslaught of Islamic terrorism that has engulfed the world in fear, enslaved a billion lives with its oppression, and killed 6 million people in thirty-five years. The enemy that he funded is now on the path of nuclear annihilation with America being the prime target. The U.S. had once again manufactured a more lethal enemy than it eliminated. It matters not if the White House occupant is Republican or Democrat. They are all Satan's little helpers and scheming scumbags.
The nature of al-Qaeda changed dramatically after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990. Osama bin Laden, who was like a son to the Saud family, negotiated for the right to defend the holy Islamic lands from the secular infidel Saddam Hussein. Fresh off of his victory over the Soviet Union, he promised tens of thousands of armed mujahideen, all amply equipped with American weapons. But he was rebuffed by the Saudi OPECers in favor of George H.W. Bush who had also applied for the job for personal reasons. A former ally, Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda, was now a foe.
It would turn out to be among the costliest victory's in American history. As a direct result of being rebuked, Osama bin Laden renounced his government and condemned its dependency upon the United States. He demanded the closure of all American bases in Saudi Arabia and the complete withdrawal of the U.S. military - a demand that America has now met. He then issued his most famous fatwah. Following in the footsteps of his prophet and his mentor, called for the Muslim world to rise up and kill Americans - anywhere and everywhere. .
Most American's are ignorant of these astonishing facts. Had America not deployed its troops to liberate one OPECer from another during Operation Desert Storm, 9/11 would not have occurred. And second, after saving the fundamentalist Islamic Saudis from the secular Iraqis, and after invested another $5 billion in American military bases in Saudi Arabia, the United States cut and ran. Not only are there no longer any American bases or troops in the Saud fiefdom, the oil-drenched royalty would not allow America to use its soil for the reinvasion of Iraq following 9/11. .
The flood of American troops into Saudi Arabia in 1991 revolted OBL and his Islamic associates to the point of rage. This led to Osama's intense hatred of his former ally, America, and to the undermining of the Saud fiefdom in Arabia - pushing them to be ever more repressive and Islamic to survive. Bin Laden then used America's presence in Arabia, and the "crusaders" attack on Iraq, to inflame anti-American sentiment among Muslim militants worldwide.
Bin Laden's criticisms of the Saud warlords that got him expelled to the Sudan where the rejected boy pouted and then plotted his revenge: 9/11. Funded by donations through Islamic charitable fronts such as Benevolence International andKhalid bin Mahfouz's Muwaffaq Foundation, meaning "Blessed Relief,"Osama and his brother-in-law, Muhammad Jamal Khalifa, reestablished their mujahideen operations in the Sudan. Their farms, on land confiscated from native Africans, were used to disseminate Salafi-fundamentalist Islam, to train Muslim militants, and to recruit jihadists from mosques in the Philippines, Indonesia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan, Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, Saudi Arabia, Germany, England, and the United States.
So that we understand the environment in which he flourished, Arab Muslims in the Sudan, before, during, and after OBL's tenure there, conducted the most horrific genocide since the Holocaust - killing 2.7 million non-Muslim Africans in 20 years. Many of the murderers were corrupted on bin Laden's farms in the Sudan, although to be fair, bin Laden was a late arrival to this party.
Osama bin Laden's terrorist activities included training in the Qur'an and the use of explosives. He was supported by the Muslim warlord, Dr. Hassan ‘abdAllah al-Turabi - the head of the National Islamic Front, and Sudanese dictator. As is true with most of the Islamic world, terror is state sponsored, the official business of Islam. Al-Turabi established Sharia law in the Sudan which made any religion other than Islam illegal. During this time, bin Laden and his Islamic pals began planning and executing a series of attacks. These include the murders of U.S. troops in Riyadh and Dahran, Saudi Arabia as well as in Kenya and Tanzania. .
However, in the midst of the Sudanese holocaust, Osama bin Laden became a lightening rod, and a distraction. America was more interested in capturing him on behalf of the Sauds than the nation was protecting millions of Africans from continued slaughter at the hands of the Islamic government forces. Consequently, the Sudan expelled OBL to Afghanistan so that they could go on killing Africans without interruption.
Bin Laden's first blood against U.S. citizens occurred on December 29, 1992. He planned the bombing of the Gold Mihor Hotel in Aden, Yemen. The Yemeni hotel had served as home for 100 American troops who were part of Operation Restore Hope in Somalia.
There was some financial evidence, some say, that OBL supported Ramzi Yousef and Sheikh Ar-Rahman in their 1993 attack on the World Trade Center. Others now suggest that some of those who killed 18 U.S. Rangers in Mogadishu in 1993, were trained by bin Laden when he was in the Sudan. The Saudi's believe Osama inspired the bombing of the Khobar military complex in Saudi Arabia that left 21 U.S. soldiers dead.
OBL is now such a legend and hero in the Islamic world, it's hard to know which terrorist attacks he was actually responsible for. Those who want to distance terrorism from Islam always blame Osama bin Laden, saying "the terrorists are suspected to have links to al-Qaeda." In actuality, all of the terrorists, including OBL, have links to Islam. That is the one thing that connects them all.
When bin Laden returned to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Mujahideen leader, Abdul Rasuul Sayyaf, received him with open arms. Within no time, bin Laden formed close ties with like-minded Islamic fundamentalists in Afghanistan's new Pakistani-backed Taliban government. He and Muslim Mullah Muhammad Omar became allies and started working together. While they were no longer funded by the American CIA, Pakistan's ISI and Saudi Arabia were still providing substantial support. .
In Afghanistan, Osama rekindled his relationship with Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, the leader of al-Jihad and al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group) who had visited during the Great Jihad. They would ultimately merge their Muslim militant clubs into one organization.
Their first act of terrorism together suggested that al-Zawahiri was in command. In 1997 they perpetrated the Luxor massacre which killed 62 tourists at the Egyptian temple to the female pharaoh Hatshepsut. The modus operandi included beheadings and disembowelments. Interestingly, Egyptian dictator, Hosni Mubarak blamed the U.K. for the attack because they had granted asylum to the Islamic militant leaders who had inspired the raid. So had the United States.
In 1998, bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri cosigned their most famous fatwa, or binding religious edict. It read: "The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies, civilians and military, is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah: ‘and fight the infidels all together as they fight you all together,' and ‘fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevails only the religion of Allah.'".
Both quotes were directly from the Qur'an as are most of bin Laden's and al-Zawahiri's edicts. They would later say: "We are following in Muhammad's footsteps." They were telling the truth. It is the West who is lying about them.
Also in 1998, al-Qaeda's bombed to American Embassy bombings in Africa. In 2000, they attacked the USS Cole in Yemen. September 11th, 2001 was their most infamous assault on America but they have been relentless ever since. Actually, America has made it easy for them. Rather than al-Qaeda having to send their operatives half way around the world, the targets have come to al-Qaeda. The arrival of "crusading infidels" in Afghanistan and Iraq has created the Second Great Jihad and a target rich environment for jihadists.
Today, Al-Qaeda's philosophy is identical to that crafted by Dr. Muhammad Abdullah Azzam. They seek to overthrow un-Islamic regimes in lands once ruled by Islam and replace them with fundamentalist Islamic theocracies. Israel is such a place and the United States is seen as aiding an abetting the Jewish enemy.
Al-Qaeda however is more of an association than an organization - a loose confederation of like-minded Islamic groups. They exist in the spiritual, rather than material realm, which is why the West neither understands them nor combats them effectively. While their carnage is certainly physical, the assets they deploy are mostly religious.
Al-Qaeda will ally with Islamic terrorist groups anywhere in the world to further their goals. These include Islamic clubs fighting Muslim governments with allegedly apostate rulers such as Egypt, Algeria, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq (pre-invasion), Jordan, and Syria. They ally with Salafi organizations fighting regimes perceived to oppress their Muslim citizens, such as Kosovo, India, Kashmir, Russia, and Indonesia. And they support Islamic terrorists fighting to establish their own Islamic states, such as Palestine, Chechnya, Dagestan and Mindanao.
Al-Qaeda supports their allied terrorist associations by training group members in its camps, both mentally and spiritually, and by sending its members out to help other Islamic groups succeed in their missions. Surprising to most, the overwhelming majority of al-Qaeda trainees are militant militia fighters rather than terrorists. They have been trained to operate in civilian militias with an Islamic clerical command and control structure. Nearly 3,000 Americans have been murdered by Islamic guerilla tactics in Iraq, so the nation should be more cognizant of this truth than it is. The same kind of paramilitary units are ravaging Kashmir. It is estimated that as few as 5% of al-Qaeda's trainees are terrorists, meaning that 95% are militia militants prepared to execute guerilla tactics. But I suppose the confusion lies in the fact that Americans have been led to believe that the enemy is terrorism, not Islam. Yet terror is simply a tactic. When we don't know who the enemy is or what words mean, we have no hope of success.
Al-Qaeda's members know who they are - good Muslims. They know who their leader is - Allah. They know whose example they are following - Muhammad's. These guys are veterans. Most of al-Qaeda's members have served in mujahideen and terrorist campaigns in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kashmir, Mindanao, Chechnya, Lebanon, Israel, Nagorno-Karabakh, the Sudan, Somalia, Algeria, and Egypt.
Al-Qaeda's most famous Muslim is known by many names: Abu Abdallah, Abd al-Hakim, Al Hajj, Mujahideen Sheikh, Sheikh bin Laden, The Contractor, and The Director. He was born Osama bin Laden in 1957 to Muhammad bin Laden, originally of Yemen. The elder bin Laden was a womanizer, having married 22 times. Osama was the 17th of 55 children the religious zealot and money-grubbing pervert fathered. OBL's mother was Muhammad bin Laden's 10th wife, Alia Ghanem. She was a Syrian. Therefore, Osama's genes were from Yemen and Syria, but that is not what made him bad. It was his Saudi upbringing.
Osama bin Laden was just ten-years-old when his father died but his influence on his son was immense. At the time of his father's death, the man who would become the world's most infamous terrorist, was being indoctrinated in fundamental Salafi/Wahhabi Islam in schools and mosques under the control of Saud royal family - schools and mosques built by his father. The beast who would murder thousands of Americans was manufactured by the religion of Islam in religious and academic facilities supported by the Saud warlords, build by the bin Laden company, and funded by OPEC. The West paid the tab for the feudal factories that made the terrorists that killed them.
It all began in 1964 when Prince Faisal (Saud bin Abdul Aziz) deposed his half-brother, King Saud, and began rebuilding the fiefdom which had squandered its OPEC fortune in meaningless personal indulgences and excess. From what we can tell, King Abdul Aziz, known in the West as King Faisal, was pleased with the construction work Muhammad bin Laden was doing on his $1.1 billion royal palace enlargement project. As a reward, the Saud king and dictator issued a royal decree awarding all future construction projects in Saudi Arabia to bin Laden's construction company. The OPEC monopoly created a construction monopoly, all working in harmony with a destruction monopoly known as Islamic terrorism.
Muhammad bin Laden would make his initial fortune from having the exclusive rights to all mosques, religious buildings, and Islamic schools in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in the Middle East - including the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem where his firm continues to destroy the Temple Mount. And this means that Muhammad bin Laden built the facilities that corrupted his son Osama into becoming the world's best-known Islamic terrorist. It also means that the West paid the bill by way of OPEC. Worse, it means that when five American presidents partnered with this family, they aided and abetted terrorism.
During his life, Muhammad bin Laden became a Sheikh and one of King Abdul Aziz's closest associates. All the while, Muhammad bin Laden was a devout fundamentalist Muslim and he demanded that his children observe his strict Wahhabist religious code. So in death, he left an enduring, yet foreboding legacy. In the September 3rd, 1967 entry to the Islamic Terrorism Timeline I detailed the financial history of Muhammad bin Laden and how it influenced the fortunes of the American presidents - most especially George W. Bush and his dad. I won't repeat that information here.
We know that Osama was raised a devout Sunni Muslim, as were and are all Saudi children. He and his fellow Saudis are Salafi/fundamentalists, known in the West as Wahhabists - the purest form of Islam. They are indoctrinated in their schools, in their mosques, in their political assemblies, and by their media. There is no voice of moderation in Saudi Arabia.
From 1968 to 1976 Osama bin Laden attended class in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. His school was funded by Saudi king, Faisal bin Addul Aziz and built by his father. It was there that he leaned what he knows about Islam. In Saudi Arabia, the Ministry of Education publishes textbooks for mandatory Islamic studies. Parts read as if they were excerpts from bin Laden's fatwahs. And that's because they are singing from the same hymnal. The Qur'an is a declaration of war on all mankind and Muhammad, Allah's lone messenger, was a terrorist. We should not be surprised that 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were educated by the Sauds.
Approved eighth-grade texts teach that "the Jews are apes...while the swine are the Christians." They say this because it is what the Qur'an says. A 12th-grader in Saudi Arabia learns that, according to Muhammad and Allah: "Jihad (holy war) is a violent struggle against Jews, Christians, and peaceful, moderate Muslims who don't follow Allah's instructions and Muhammad's example.".
The highest raking Islamic cleric in Saudi Arabia, and the Saud warlord's favorite imam, al Buraik, said this on Saudi state-controlled television: "I am against America. She is the toot of all evils and wickedness on earth. Muslims, don't take Jews and Christians as allies. Muslim brothers do not have any mercy or compassion on them, their blood, their money, or their flesh. Their women are yours to take, legitimately. Allah made them yours in his Qur'an. Why don't you enslave their women? Why don't you wage jihad? Why don't you pillage them?".
This was the example Muhammad established for Muslims to follow. It is why Muslims do these things. This is what Osama bin Laden was taught in his Saudi classroom. It is why he kills. It is why he plunders. Therefore, he has not corrupted Islam, Islam corrupted him.
When bin Laden's father died, he left his young son $80 million dollars - money that came directly from Saudi OPEC crude. Eleven years later, one of the most uncivil men who has ever lived, graduated from King Abdul-Aziz University, in Jeddah, with a degree in civil engineering. Every step of the way, the world's most famous terrorist was educated in Saudi state-controlled mosques and schools.
At 17 Osama married the first of five wives. One, author Kola Boof, claims that she was kept in Morocco as a sex slave against her will. Since that time, bin Laden has fathered 24 children. Two of his sons, Omar and Abdallah bin Laden, organized the U.S. branch of the World Congress of Muslim Youth in Falls Church, Virginia during the 1990s.
If you are wondering why Osama's sons were allowed to establish an Islamic center just outside Washington, or why they were allowed to leave after 9/11/2001, the answer is George Bush authorized their departure and his administration prevented the FBI from investigating Omar and Abdallah bin Laden and their World Congress of Muslim Youth. The reason: because it would be embarrassing to the Sauds and George W. Bush cares more about them than Americans. They are his partners after all. .
The BBC and the British Guardian reported in November 2001: "High placed intelligence sources in Washington told us this week, ‘There were always constraints on investigating the Saudis and the restrictions became worse after the Bush administration took over this year. We were told to "back off" when it came to investigating bin Laden's family and their ties to the Saudi royals. We were also told not to investigate links which suggest that the Saudis have acquired Pakistani nuclear weapons.'".
The behavior would be manifest twice more the following year. When the Rand Corporation published their report for the Pentagon examining the connection between the Saudis and Islamic terrorism, the Bush administration had the document suppressed, its conclusions repudiated, and the team responsible for it fired. Shortly thereafter, the 19-page segment of the 9/11 Commission Report dealing with the Saudis was blacked-out and classified. This administration has something to hide. The truth is, the Bush's are in bed with the Saudis, including even the bin Ladens.
The introduction to the London Guardian's story, dateline, November 7, 2001 reads: "FBI and military intelligence officials in Washington say they were prevented for political reasons from carrying out full investigations into members of the Bin Laden family in the U.S. before the terrorist attacks of September 11. U.S. intelligence agencies have come under criticism for their wholesale failure to predict the catastrophe at the World Trade Centre. But some are complaining that their hands were tied. FBI documents shown on BBC Newsnight and obtained by the Guardian show that they had earlier sought to investigate two of Osama bin Laden's relatives in Washington and a Muslim organization, the World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY), with which they were linked. The FBI file, marked Secret and coded 199, which means a case involving national security, records that Abdullah bin Laden, who lived in Washington, had had a file opened on him ‘because of his relationship with the World Assembly of Muslim Youth - a suspected terrorist organization.'" Yes, America, your president is more interested in protecting the Saudis than he is you. Now, why would that be.
The soft-spoken bin Laden now suffers from kidney disease. His egotistical aliases and nicknames are: the Prince, the Emir, the Slave to Allah, the Sheikh of the Mosque, the Director, and the Samaritan. He currently lives in Pakistan, probably in Peshawar, where he and Dr. Azzam established al-Qaeda with the support of the Carter Administration, the American CIA, the Pakistani government through their ISI, and the OPEC warlords corrupting Saudi Arabia.
The return to Pakistan means that Osama bin Laden and company are but one breath away from their ultimate prize - a nuclear arsenal. Moving al-Qaeda's leadership out of Afghanistan into Pakistan, the only Islamic country with nuclear weapons, will prove to be the most foolish thing America has ever done.
I have predicted that Osama bin Laden would die of kidney failure, but that it will make no difference. Al-Qaeda survived the death of its founder Dr. Azzam, and it will survive the death of its current voice, because the leader of al-Qaeda is Allah - the demented spirit known only through the words and deeds of his lone messenger, Muhammad. I have also predicted that al-Qaeda will obtain the nuclear weapons they seek and they will deploy them, but not in Israel, in America. They will sail them into America's largest cities and destroy the nation as we know it. Thus far, I have predicted many things regarding the war on terror that have come true. It is not that I am a prophet, just informed.
When Osama bin Laden returned to Afghanistan, he rekindled his relationship with Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, a Muslim Brotherhood member, the founder of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, and a leader in al Jihad and al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group). They would ultimately merge their Muslim militant clubs into one organization.
Since al-Qaeda today is no less, al-Zawahiri's, let's examine his credentials. Born to a middle class Egyptian family between 1951 and 1953, he is a physician, author, and poet. At fourteen, Ayman joined the Muslim Brotherhood. Two years later, at 16, he joined al Jihad.
Ayman al-Zawahiri was a follower of Sayyid Qutb, the father of modern jihadism. Sayyid Qutb received a Masters on scholarship to the University of Northern Colorado. He returned the generosity by telling Muslims to hate America. Upon his return to Egypt, Qutb, who was al-Zawahiri's mentor, just as Azzam was bin Laden's, was made responsible for public education. In other words, Egypt had entrusted the minds, hearts, and souls of its children to the Muslim Brotherhood.
It was during this time that Qutb wrote two books, Signposts Along the Way and In the Shade of the Qur'an. They serve to inform Muslims that jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam. Qutb, more than any modern Muslim, insisted that all non-Muslims were the enemy of their religion. But don't think for a moment that Qutb was a shallow, one-dimensional, jihad only type. He was first and foremost, a Qur'an scholar, just like his disciples, the blind professor and sheikh Ar-Rahman (the first World Trade Center bombing) and Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri (the second World Trade Center bombing).
Suitably indoctrinated, Ayman al-Zawahiri moved to Afghanistan in the 1980s to join the mujahideen and fight the Great Jihad. There, he joined Dr. Abdallah Azzam and Osama bin Laden who were engage with their House of Supporters, known as the MAK. Al-Zawahiri blossomed under the religious tutelage of Dr. Azzam and became a first-rate jihadist.
Eventually, Ayman al-Zawahiri came to hate the somewhat secular Egyptian government so much, he founded Egyptian Islamic Jihad to wage war against his own country. And as we now know, he merged this organization into al-Qaeda, setting a pattern others would follow. During their tenure together, OBL provided OPEC funding and logistical support while AZ supplied the Qur'anic ideology and operational leadership.
After the Great Jihad was won, al-Zawahiri returned to Egypt, where he became the most outspoken of Muslim militants. In late 1996, al-Zawahiri was arrested in Russia for recruiting jihadists in Chechnya. Rather than deal with him, the Russians took Ayman to the Azerbaijani border and released him. The French and the Americans didn't have a monopoly on stupidity in this regard.
Ayman has been indicted for conspiracy to kill United States nationals, to murder, to destroy buildings and property of the United States, and to destroy National Defense utilities of the United States, largely in connection with the 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. In 1999, he was sentenced to death in absentia in Egypt. The U.S. State Department has a $5 million reward for information leading to his arrest.
Shortly after their reunion in 1998, Ayman and Osama issued their joint fatwah under the title "World Islamic Front Against Jews and Crusaders." It elevated both men to prominence in the Muslim world. They also created their United Jihad Council which serves to coordinate terrorist attacks and allocate resources where they are needed.
The biggest problem with Ayman al-Zawahiri and Osama bin Laden isn't their terrorist assaults on Americans and Jews. It is that they and their club have been made out to be the enemy, when they are really just a symptom. When David Long, a State Department official and "terrorism expert" said "If you were to kill Osama tomorrow, the al-Qaeda organization would disappear," he displayed the kind of ignorance that enables the bloody hand of Islam. OBL and AZ are simply good Muslims and there are millions more like them. Killing one or both will make as little difference a capturing Saddam Hussein. If you will recall, terrorism in Iraq escalated exponentially after his incarceration. And that's because he was never the problem - merely an irritating distraction.
The 9/11 suicide bombers didn't kill for Osama, they died for Allah and Islam. They were following Muhammad's example and Allah's orders, not Osama's. They screamed the Islamic Prayer of Fear: "Allahu Akbar - Allah is the Greatest," not Osamau Akbar, Zawahiriu Akbar, or even Azzamu Akbar.
America has lashed out at a symptom, and not the disease, so sometime in the next 10 to 20 years, the disease will sail nuclear bombs into the nation's largest cities and detonate them. While Islam will be at fault, Americans will only have themselves to blame.
- November 28, 2002: In Kashmir, Muslim militants trained by al-Qaeda and Pakistan's ISI, fired a rocket at the Radio Kashmir building in Srinagar. Al-Badr, named after Muhammad's first "successful" terrorist raid, claimed credit for the attack. Radio Kashmir is a state-owned station.
- November 28, 2002: In South Africa, two explosions in the early morning significantly damaged the pylons supporting a bridge connecting two South African provinces. No one was killed or injured, and the bridge did not collapse. Two more bombs were later defused and removed. Islam was spreading like wildfire in Africa.
- November 28, 2002: In Pakistan, three rockets were fired at a gas pipeline near Uch in Balochistan, interrupting gas supplies to the U.S.-sponsored Uch Power Plant. It caused power outages in the area. The pipeline was part of the Sui network that was owned by the Oil and Gas Development Company Limited.
- November 28, 2002: An armored vehicle carrying school children was fired on near the Qatif Bloc settlement of Morag. Muslims have no moral compass.
- November 28, 2002: In Afghanistan, a bomb was deployed in Jalalabad's Dand Bazaar. No one was hurt since the shops had closed and most people had gone home.
- November 29, 2002: In Israel, shots were fired at a Border Police patrol south of Jerusalem. The shots came from an abandoned building in the area of Sur Bahir.
- November 29, 2002: In Kashmir, a man accused of working as an informer for the army was shot and killed by Islamic gunmen in Warnow.
- November 29, 2002: In Chechnya, Malika Umazheva, the former administrative head of the Akhan-Kala village, was assassinated by masked Muslims in her yard. Police sources blamed Chechen jihadists for the attack.
- November 30, 2002: In Bosnia and Herzegovina, an explosion occurred at a secondary school in Prijedor.
- November 30, 2002: In Kashmir, Muslim militants attacked the home of a former National Conference Minister with a grenade and assault rifles. Former female Tourism Minister Sakina Itoo was not in the house at the time, having moved to Damhal-Hanjipora. As a woman leaving in a land where women are not respected, she had been the target of five assassination attempts in recent months.
The same day, Islamic jihadists murdered a member of the pro-India Ikhwan Group in Srinagar. They shot and wounded three people outside their homes in the Bhatoo village. Then they assaulted a man in Srinagar. The United Jihad Council ordered and executed the member of another pro-India Ikhwan Group leader in Kupwara. And that night, police recovered the bullet-riddled body of a man from Hathiwar in Ganderbal.
- November 30, 2002: In the Netherlands, a fuel bomb was hurled at a mosque in Venlo, by an unidentified perpetrator who was passing by in a car. The device landed on the stairs of the mosque where it started a fire. The fire was quickly extinguished and none of the ten people at the mosque at the time were injured. Since Muslims attack more Muslims than anyone else, and since bombs are their weapon of choice, they are guilty by reputation.
- November 30, 2002: In Saudi Arabia, a Dutch family escaped an attempted car bombing in the port city of Jeddah. An explosive device had been placed in their Jeep Cherokee but had malfunctioned due to rainy weather. The resulting blast was very small. Living in denial, the Saudi's blamed the attacks on a turf war between Western bootleggers. Those who had not been corrupted by Allah cited indigenous Islamist militants.