Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- June 1, 2003: In Kashmir, unidentified militants slit a man's throat in his home in the Rajouri district. Just a guess, but I'll bet the murderers were Muslims.
In the Doda district of Kashmir, another man's throat was slit in his home. I don't suppose you could blame Evangelical Christians as they don't typically favor beheadings.
But speaking of Islamic behaviors, the following day, police recovered the body of a man who had been kidnapped from his home the night before.
While I can't say for sure, these crimes were probably committed by Salahuddin'sHezb-ul-Mujahideen, or Party of Holy Warriors. I say this because they are the most popular militant organization in Kashmir and serve as the terrorist arm of Kashmir's largest political party - Jamaat-e-Islami.
- June 1, 2003: In Afghanistan, Salafi Muslims sympathetic to the Taliban's fundamentalist interpretation of Islam, fired two rockets at the home of Ahmad Wali Karzai, the bother of Afghan President, and pro-oil puppet, Hamid Karzai.
- June 1, 2003: In Iraq, two masked men broke into the office of Aqil Muhammad Rashid of the weekly Al-Fayha newspaper in al-Hillah, 50 miles south of Baghdad. They killed him. His crime had been to publish articles critical of Saddam Hussein's deposed regime. The gunmen escaped, leaving behind a statement signed "Saddam's Knights" (Fursam Sadam), threatening those who cooperated with the Americans.
So even if Saddam's Knights weren't very good at killing American's, they had plenty of practice killing their own. .
- June 1-7, 2003: Jon Lambert, 28, died in Germany of injuries sustained when his Humvee flipped over in Iraq. He was part of an escort mission. Travis Burkhardt, 26, was also killed when his vehicle hit a curb in Baghdad and rolled. David Sisung, 21, died of a non-combat related injury.
Doyle Bollinger, 21, died when unexploded American ordnance accidentally detonated in the area he was working in.
Atanacio Marin, 27, was manning a checkpoint in Balad, Iraq when Muslims decided to kill him. He died in a hail of projectiles from rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles.
Pfc. Brandon Oberletner, 20, became one more of a rising tide of Americans killed by Mahdi Militia of Iranian-backed Shiite cleric al Sadr in Fallujah, Iraq. He was returning from a dismounted patrol when he was attacked with an RPG.
Muslim militants murdered Jesse Halling, 19, when they fired rocket-propelled grenades at him and then finished the job by shooting him with automatic weapons. He had been manning a police station in hopes of restoring order.
David Sisung was killed in an accident aboard the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz. .
- June 5, 2003: In Israel, the bodies of David Shambik, 26, and Moran Menachem, 17, both of Jerusalem, were found near Hadassah Ein Karem Hospital in Jerusalem, brutally beaten and stabbed to death.
- June 5, 2003: Hostile to all forms of education, and preferring the imposition of Islamic indoctrination, Kashmir Muslims assassinated a man who had been working at the Govsia Educational Trust.
Not fond of women either,Hezb-ul-MujahideenMuslims in Handwara, Kashmir murdered a mother and wounded her child two days later. In other neighborhoods, one man was kidnapped from his home and shot and another was strangled to death. Then in Seri Galla, the Army of Muhammad abducted and assassinated pro-democracy political rivals.
A day later, militants tossed a grenade into a hotel which was hosting a gathering of former militants and party activists. Islam is like the Mafia. Once you are in there is only one way out.
- June 6, 2003: In Pakistan, two armed men riding on a motorbike shot and killed an activist from Quetta's minority Shi'ite community. Syed Niaz Hussain Shah was a senior official at the mosque. Police treated the attack as a sectarian killing because Shah had been receiving threats from Sunni militants for his support of the Shi'ite community.
- June 7, 2003: In Afghanistan, a car bomb in Panjway was detonated, killing three civilians.
- June 7, 2003: In Afghanistan, four German soldiers were killed when a suicide car bomber detonated himself next to the bus the coalition troops were riding in. Demonstrating that even Kabul isn't safe, the Islamic assault occurred near the Afghan national Army training facility inside the city limits.
- June 7, 2003: In Quetta, Pakistan, two armed and militant Muslims opened fire on a pick-up truck carrying police trainees. They murdered 12 young men and wounded 9 more. The slain were all Shi'ite Muslims, a minority in Pakistan.
- June 8, 2003: Assaf Abergil, 23; Udi Eilat, 38; Boaz Emete, 24; and Chen Engel, 32, were killed when Palestinian terrorists wearing IDF uniforms opened fire on them near an industrial zone. The PA, PLO, Fatah Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, HAMAS, and the Islamic Jihad issued a joint statement claiming responsibility for the attack. It was the United Nations of Islam.
- June 8, 2003: I am particularly sickened by what happened in Al Asad, Iraq today. Michael Dooley, a 23-year-old from Pulaski, Virginia displayed his character when he, while manning a checkpoint, approached a vehicle in which two people were calling out for medical help for a sick friend. Muslims displayed their character when they opened fire on Mike as he approached, killing him at pointblank range. It takes a very, very sick person to do such a thing.
- June 9, 2003: In Kashmir, militant Muslims shot and killed a woman who provided security services.
- June 10, 2003: Gavin Neighbor, 20, of Somerset, Ohio, was trying to do the neighborly thing. He was helping Iraqis in Baghdad collect and dispose of their trash when Muslims killed him with a rocket-propelled grenade. Another account has Gavin off duty and resting in a bus when an RPG was fired at him from a house nearby.
- June 10, 2003: HAMAS Palestinians upped the ante today, firing five Qassem rockets at Sederot. As crude as the religion that caused them to be launched, they all failed.
- June 11, 2003: A suicide bombing aboard a bus in Jerusalem killed 16 Jews and wounded 90 more, one of whom died later. HAMAS (Hoodwinked by Allah Muslims Assassinate and Slaughter) claimed responsibility. One American was killed in the attack. Islam's victims ranged in age from 20 to 77.
- June 11, 2003: In Adana, Turkey, a Muslim planted two bombs in front of the U.S. Consulate. After his arrest, the bomber testified that he had attacked the United States in retaliation for the assassination attempt by Israel on a HAMAS terrorist leader. That made perfect sense to him somehow.
- June 11, 2003: In Islamabad, a shopkeeper was kidnapped and murdered. Muslim militants fund terrorism in part by exhorting merchants. It's a life insurance policy where the premium spares ones life.
- June 11, 2003: In Karachi, Pakistan, Muslims demonstrated that they can't even tolerate one another. Frankly, I don't blame them. A gunmen on a motorcycle shot and killed a prominent member of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League and former speaker of the Sindh provincial assembly while he was in his car. Abdur Raziq Khan was a member of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement but left to join the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid, rising to the rank of Vice-President.
- June 11, 2003: In Afghanistan, Salafi Muslims murdered 12 people and severely injured four more when they ambushed a bus with rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles.
The same day, a remote-controlled bomb was found and defused on a Kabul campus.
- June 12, 2003: A Jew was found shot to death in his car near Yabed in northern Samaria. The Fatah al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility.
In two separate incidences, five Qassem rockets were fired at civilian targets by those professing to be HAMAS Muslims.
- June 12, 2003: In Karachi, Pakistan, a retired engineer was assassinated by two Muslim militants on motorcycles.
This same day, and in this same place, these same people murdered a secular political activist who had been a member of the banned Pakistani sectarian group Sipah-I-Sihaba Pakistan. He was shot dead along with his brother. Saadat Ali, 29, and Sadaqat Ali were riding their motorcycle when they were intercepted by the assailants on another motorcycle.
- June 12, 2003: In Iraq, Muslims attacked the Iraq-Turkey oil pipeline, igniting massive fires. Such forms of sabotage following the U.S.-led occupation had become common.
- June 12-19, 2003: Since America's sole focus in its "war of terror" was now in Iraq, it's important that we keep tabs on how the Bush administration was doing. After all, George was a "wartime president.".
Andy Pokorny was killed when his M113 armored personnel carrier threw a track, causing it to roll over in Al Asad, Iraq. He was returning from patrol duty in Al Asad.
Ryan Cox died of a non-hostile gunshot wound suffered near Najaf, Iraq. Joe Suell also died from "a non combat related cause." He spent his last day in Todjie, Iraq. Mike Tosto lost his life to a non-combat cause at Camp Wolf, Kuwait. John Klinesmith was last seen alive wading in a lake on the palace compound in Fallujah Iraq. His body later floated to shore.
Muslims acting badly killed Shawn Pahnke, 25, of Shelbyville, Indiana. They shot him in the back while he was sitting in a military vehicle during a security patrol of Baghdad.
Also trying to help ungrateful people, Mike Deuel, 21, of Santa Fe Springs, California was murdered when neighborhood Muslims in Baghdad sent a bullet through him in a drive by shooting. Mike was working at an Iraqi propane distribution facility.
Robert Frantz, 19, of San Antonio, Texas was thanked by Muslims for "liberating" them when "a local resident exploded near him while he was on guard duty in Baghdad." Other accounts have "a local resident throwing a grenade over a wall that was next to him." Either way, only one human was killed in this incident.
Further demonstrating their lack of humanity, Baghdad Muslims shot a rocket-propelled grenade at a U.S. ambulance killing Paul Nakamura, 21, of Allendale, South Carolina. He was part of the medical crew transporting an injured soldier at the time.
Bill Latham, 29, was hit by shrapnel during a raid on a suspected arms market in Ramadi, Iraq. Qur'ans and guns go together like bread and butter.
- June 13, 2003: In Israel, Mordechai Sayada, 22, was shot to death in Jenin by a Palestinian terrorist sniper as his vehicle patrol passed by. The Fatah al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for the attack.
- June 13, 2003: In Kashmir, Muslims were busy murdering Muslims. One group of armed assailants entered the Manidora village and opened fire, killing three. Another gang of gunmen invaded a rival's home and murdered the owner and his friend.
- June 13, 2003: In Afghanistan, a bomb was detonated outside the offices of an Italian aid organization in Lashkargah City. Several cars were damaged as was the building itself, but no one was hurt.
The same day in Kabul a remote control bomb placed in a high school was discovered before it killed the students.
- June 14, 2003: In Beirut, Lebanon, the broadcast studio of Lebanon's Future TV (al-Mustaqbal Television) was attacked. Two 107 mm rockets hit the building, but no one was hurt. The station was supportive of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq al-Hariri. The terrorist act was claimed by a group called "Ansar Allah" (Helpers of Allah).
- June 14, 2003: Hypocritically, Muslims in Iraq scream bloody murder when Americans arrest a Muslim woman suspected of terrorism. Yet in Kashmir, they make murdering them routine. Today militant Muslims barged into the home of a man who they didn't like and promptly shot his wife to death. .
- June 15, 2003: Fundamentalist Muslims view women as Muhammad viewed them - as sex toys and chattel. Therefore, Salafi Muslims in Afghanistan set a girls' school on fire in the southern Qandahar Province. The parents blamed remnants of the Taliban.
The same day, two more girls' schools were set ablaze, both in the Konar Province. No one was injured. Girls' schools are popular targets for fundamentalist Muslims who want their women's wombs to be jihadist incubators - the ultimate weapon of mass destruction. The cradle of life becomes the source of death.
- June 16, 2003: In Mazan, Afghanistan, a remote-controlled IED was detonated under a car in which the deputy head of Khost Province's Hajj and Endowment was riding.
- June 16, 2003: In Afghanistan, 7 employees from the anti-narcotics department were murdered in the Kajran district. Three local farmers were also killed with three more injured. The Taliban was suspected. .
- June 17, 2003: Noam Leibowitz, a 7-year-old child, was killed and three members of her family were wounded in a shooting attack near the Kibbutz Eyal junction on the Trans-Israel Highway. The terrorist fired from the outskirts of the West Bank city of Kalkilya. Fatah's al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command (PFLP-GC) claimed responsibility for murdering the child.
This same day, Muslims working for Fatah fired two mortars into the Neve Deqalim industrial zone, injuring two workers.
- June 17, 2003: When people show mercy for the merciless, they are actually being merciless to the merciful. For example, today in Afghanistan, militant Muslims shot and killed a United Nations health care worker in the Nangarhar Province.
In another example, fundamentalist Muslims serving Allah placed a fifteen-pound bomb inside of a high school. Five minutes before it was scheduled to detonate, killing dozens of children, the deadly device was found and deactivated.
- June 17, 2003: Muslims not only have no regard for free will, they have no regard for life. In Kashmir today militant Hezb-ul-Mujahideen gunmen barged into a home in the Khiram village belonging to a People's Democratic Party worker and murdered the man's son.
- June 17, 2003: Thanks to Islam, Chechnya had become one of the most lethal places on earth to live. A fundamentalist Islamic terrorist group led by the Muslim cleric Basayev was murdering and mutilating their way into the Jihad Hall of Infamy. Today they killed three police officers in Grozny, firing a machine gun into their car. This incident was simply the latest in a series of attacks, and it was despite an amnesty plan for Chechen Muslims who laid down their arms.
While the Western media liked portraying these religiously demented and perverted goons as "freedom fighters," as if they weren't Muslims (meaning "those who submit"), this same fundamentalist Islamic terrorist organization was just a year away from murdering 330 women and children in the Beslan school.
- June 17, 2003: I am often asked to guess as to how many Muslims are jihadists. The easiest answer is: enough to commit terrorist acts like this one in Kashmir. A group of at least six Muslims associated with Hezb-ul-Mujahideen, the militant arm of Kashmir's largest political party, Jamaat-e-Islami, entered the Jameri village in the Udhampur district and set two homes belonging to Village Defense Committee members on fire. The assailants then used their assault rifles to shoot anyone that tried to flee the inferno. Among the dead were a man and his son.
The next day, the Party of Holy Warriors stormed the home of another Village Defense Committee member in Chithil, shooting him dead.
Then, on the following day in this Islamic paradise, the Army of Muhammad abducted a woman suspected of working as an informer. They dragged her to a nearby field where they injected her with poison. After suffering for a while, she died. Unconfirmed reports cite the substance used as cyanide. The woman had been the wife of a former Congress leader, who also had also been killed by Hezb-ul-Mujahideen who didn't agree with his politics.
Let's return to the question: how many Muslims are jihadists? I think the math goes something like this. There are 1.2 billion Muslims. Half are women. While a substantial percentage of Islamic women support jihad, less than one in fifty Islamic terrorist acts is actually perpetrated by a female. That leaves us with a maximum pool of jihadists that is just over 50%. The overwhelming preponderance of terrorist acts are conducted by young Muslim men 15 to 30 years old. This age bracket covers about half of the male population of the Islamic world leaving us with a potential jihad group of 25% of all Muslims.
The most logical way to determine the percentage of Muslims who are salafi/fundamentalists - a precondition to jihad - is to consider the most recent elections in Islamic countries. The fundamentalist Islamic group HAMAS received 65% of the popular vote in "Palestine." While he was not popularly elected, Turkey's president, Ahmet Necdet Sezar, is a fundamentalist Muslim. Turkey's parliament, which selected him by a 70% vote, is formed as a result of a popular mandate and it is predominately composed of fundamentalist Muslims. Turkey's Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is the nation's most popular leader. He is a convicted felon who believes: "Mosques are our barracks, domes are our helmets, minarets our bayonets, and believers our soldiers." He won a landslide victory in 2002 - and Turkey is considered to be the most moderate Islamic state. The newly elected fundamentalist Islamic nutcase ruling Iran, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, earned 62% of the popular vote. In Lebanon, politicians got all excited when 50,000 people marched in support of democracy. The following week when 500,000 people protested in support of Islam/Submission, the percentage of fundamentalist Muslims became clear.
Therefore, if 60% of all Muslims have the potential to be jihadists by way of their fundamentalist indoctrination, sex and age criteria further reduce Islamic terrorist candidates down to a maximum of one in every seven Muslims. That means that no more than 15% of the total Islamic population of 1.2 billion people has the potential to be a terrorist should the opportunity arise. That equates to 180 million potential jihadists. But when it comes to actual jihadists, those who have or will commit an act of terrorism in Allah's name, my research suggests that it is no more than one in one hundred of the 180 million young Muslim men who have been sufficiently indoctrinated in salafi Islam. That means that there are 1.8 million actual Islamic jihadists on the planet today - a number which could jump one hundred fold almost instantaneously should the opportunity arise.
Middle East political commentator Daniel Pipes says that there are no less than 130 million Islamic jihadists but I don't believe that is possible because there haven't been sufficient jihadist attacks over the past 20 years for that many Muslims to be engaged in the business of killing people for Allah. The potential pool of jihadists, however, is reasonably close to Pipes's estimate.
Before you get a warm and cozy feeling, thinking that if only 60% of Muslims are sufficiently indoctrinated in fundamentalist Islam, and that only 25% of them are the appropriate age and sex to be an active jihadist, let's consider some recent historical events. In 1917 less than 3% of Russians were Communists and yet, since that 3% was sufficiently corrupted by an immoral and ruthless religion (Socialist Secular Humanism), they quickly came to oppress the entire nation - murdering 30 million Russians in the process. In 1924, less than 3% of Germans were Nazis. And yet since that 3% was sufficiently corrupted by Hitler's "People's Religion" as it was immorally and ruthlessly laid out in Mein Kampf, that 3% came to oppress the entire nation and led the world into a war that killed 50 million people.
Also keep in mind that while only 15% of Muslims are potential jihadists today, that number is growing rapidly. Thanks to OPEC funding and clerical indoctrination, the Islamic world is becoming increasingly fundamentalist. In twenty years most Muslims could be terrorists - and probably will be.
- June 19, 2003: An Israeli shopkeeper was murdered when a Palestinian suicide bomber poisoned by Muhammad's caustic brew, blew himself up in the Jewish man's grocery store south of Beit Shean. Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility which means the religion of Islam murdered this man.
Police believe the bomber detonated himself prematurely, in anticipation of Allah's virgins perhaps, but more likely as a result of a technical malfunction. They suspect the bomber may have been waiting for more people to arrive at a nearby bus stop.
On a related matter, two years later on July 19, 2005, two brothers, Ibrahim and Warad Abahrah were shot and killed by police after these Muslims opened fire on them. The authorities believe Ibrahim dispatched the suicide bomber in this attack.
- June 19, 2003: In Pakistan, an Islamic policeman involved in a recent bombing investigation, was shot dead along with his brother-in-law when they stopped at a store in Karachi. Unidentified assailants fired at least four bullets at each of them at close range and then escaped.
- June 20, 2003: An American was killed and three more were injured in a Ramallah shooting spree that came by way of ambush. Truth be known, the guns and bullets were supplied by the American government and the shooters, PA Police, were trained by the CIA. That is precisely what I learned in my interview with Fatah (recorded in Tea With Terrorists).
- June 19, 2003: In Vladikavkaz, Russia, a remote-controlled IED exploded under a bus carrying police officers - killing three and injuring six. The blast was caused by an anti-tank mine. The explosion threw the bus almost 50 feet before engulfing it in flames.
- June 20, 2003: Muslims are explosive. In Chechnya today, a Salafist religious organization loyal to the Muslim cleric and warlord Basayev was responsible for loading a truck with the equivalent explosive power of 1.5 tons of TNT. It detonated in Grozny, near Russia's Justice Ministry and about 300 yards from the Chechen government headquarters. The components of the device were identical to those used in a suicide bombing a few weeks earlier. The Muslims driving the truck bomb were killed, and eighteen people were injured by the blast. The Russians believe that the perpetrators intended to detonate the device at a place that would kill more people than just themselves but were prevented from doing so when their bomb prematurely exploded as the truck hit a bump.
At this point in his career, Basayev is the most probable Gog candidate, or at least prototype as he is a little too old. His ambition is to unite all of the Caucasus region into a single Islamic state by war and terror. The name Caucasus means "Gog's Fort," and this region from the Black to Caspian Sea, inclusive of Turkey, is the ancestral homeland of the people group which Scripture says Gog will be a ruler and warlord. .
- June 20, 2003: Another sad example of what Islam does to men's minds and souls was put on display today in Kashmir. Militant Muslims invaded a home in the village of Samot and shot a woman and her daughter, killing the mom and severely wounding the little girl.
Two days later a group of terrorists pulled a man from his home and injected him with a toxin, killing him in public view. And that same day, another gang of gunmen entered another home and opened fire, wounding the inhabitants.
- June 21, 2003: In Afghanistan two bombs were detonated within minutes of each other in Kunduz. The first was intended to destroy a government building and the second a constitution commission office.
- June 22, 2003: Orenthial Smith, 21, lost his life when Muslims in Baghdad decided that it was Allah's will for them to ambush an American convoy carrying supplies. Once the convoy had slowed they shot Smith with their militant weapon of choice, AK-47s. He had been promoted to sergeant earlier in the day.
Cedric Lennon, 32, died in Baghdad from non-combat causes.
- June 22, 2003: Petty Officer Tom Tetzer, 30, of San Diego was wounded after his convoy was attacked by Muslim militants outside of the town of Gardez, Afghanistan. .
- June 22, 2003: While Gog will be a Muslim from the Caucasus region, the Antichrist will hail from a small, relatively new nation that lies at the intersection of Alexander the Great's Empire and the Roman Empire. Macedonia is the most likely candidate. He will be a good actor, pretending to be whatever religion suits his audience. I see him as having a Muslim father, a Greek Orthodox or Catholic mother, and yet be educated in a socialist secular humanist institution like Yale. I wouldn't be surprised if he were currently a member of the Illuminist club Skull & Bones. But this I know, he will rise to fame as a peace maker. There is no better way to do that than to squelch the threat of Islamic terrorism.
In Macedonia today two very powerful explosive devices detonated in the center of Skopje almost simultaneously. Both bombs were planted in trash bins, one in the vicinity of a shopping center and across from a university. The second was placed near an office of Macedonian Telecom. They detonated the devices with a cell phone just like Muslims do in Iraq.
- June 22, 2003: Returning to the realm of Gog, police in Chechnya stopped a car on its way into the center of Grozny. Inside were two men and a woman. Based upon their attire, they were prepared to carry out a suicide bombing attack.
Acting on a tip, authorities set up roadblocks on all highways leading into Grozny. The Muslims, who wore military uniforms over their bombs, grabbed weapons they were carrying with them and opened fire on the officers at the checkpoint. One of the men was killed. The other two terrorists were wounded - both dying later in a local hospital. On the woman, police found a shahid belt used in suicide bombings. It was stuffed with four pounds of plastid and fitted with a detonator and a remote-triggering device. They also recovered a pistol, an assault rifle and grenades in the vehicle. All these Muslims needed to complete their religious arsenal was a machine gun and perhaps and anti-tank weapon.
- June 22, 2003: Speaking of anti-tank weapons, Palestinians fired one into a greenhouse complex in Kefar Darom.
- June 22, 2003: In Kashmir, Hezb-ul-Mujahideen Muslims murdered another seven perceived adversaries today. The first was kidnapped and killed. The second and third were stabbed and then beheaded. The fourth victim was discovered when the abused body of a woman from Ratnipora Shopian was recovered in her village. She had been a member of the women's separatists' group Dukhtaran-e-Millat (Daughters of the Nation). Her husband, presently in jail, was an activist of the secular Jammu and Kashmir People's League. The last three murders came by way of a group of militant Muslims breaking into a home, opening fire, and killing a family of four.
- June 22, 2003: Muslims opposed to the United States occupation of Iraq continued to sabotage oil pipelines - today damaging the pipeline between Iraq and Syria. This same day, Muslims exploded a bomb alongside an oil pipeline 150 miles northwest of Baghdad. These were the forth and fifth pipeline attacks in less than three weeks.
- June 22, 2003: Captian Seth Michaud, 27, of Hudson, Massachusetts was killed in Afghanistan when an Air Force B-52 bomber inadvertently dropped his ordnance south of the intended target, killing the Marine. He and others were there at the range in case a medical evacuation was needed.
- June 24, 2003: Continuing to bleed the American taxpayer rather than the Iraqi oilfields, Muslims sabotaged another pipeline, this one along the Syrian border.
- June 24, 2003: In Iraq, at least thirteen people, including two American soldiers were killed and at least seven other U.S. soldiers were injured when militant Muslims attacked a police station in Ba'qubah. This attack was one of many which were perpetrated a week before the scheduled handover of power from the U.S. government to the Iraqi interim government. "Tawhid and Jihad" claimed responsibility for the coordinated assaults. At the end of the day, over ninety people were dead and over 250 more Iraqi civilians were wounded.
Demonstrating their bloodlust, Tawhid and Jihad attacked a police station in Mahaweel. Then a car bomb stuck the al-Jumhuri hospital in the city of Mosul. It was one of three attacks in Mosul on this day, inclusive of a car bomb attack on two Mosul police stations. Another suicidal car bomber exploded himself outside the Iraqi Police Academy in Mosul, too. About 65 Iraqi civilians were killed in Mosul alone.
Continuing the carnage, a suicide bomber attacked a checkpoint in Baghdad, killing five people, including four Iraqi soldiers. Tawhid and Jihad finished demonstrating the jihadist nature of Islam at a police station in Ramadi.
The terrorist group's full name, Jama'at Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad, tells us that they represent Islam, that they understand what the Qur'an teaches, and that they are following Muhammad's example. Their name means: "Monotheism and Holy Fighting.".
Monotheism and Holy Fighting's objective is to establish an Islamic state in Iraq. Their goal is thus identical to that of the Shi'ite clerics who now control Iraq's government, notwithstanding that Tawhid and Jihad is a Sunni organization.
The Islamic terrorist group's preferred targets are coalition forces in Iraq, as well as Iraqi government officials, particularly Shi'ites, and Shi'ite security forces. In full compliance with the Qur'an, Tawhid and Jihad announced that they will "target and kill any Iraqi Muslim who betrays his religion by cooperating with the Infidel Crusaders." Monotheism and Holy Fighting is a Salafi/fundamentalist Islamic gang motivated exclusively by Allah's Qur'anic orders and Muhammad's Sunnah. United and driven by their religious beliefs, their organization is composed of non-Iraqi Muslims, elements of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam, and indigenous Sunni Iraqis.
Monotheism and Holy Fighting has engaged in all of the really popular Islamic behaviors: kidnappings, beheadings, assassinations, heavily armed assaults, ambushes, and suicide bombings. They frequently deploy rocket-propelled grenades in their attacks.
Tawhid and Jihad has been linked to several gruesome murders, including the beheading of the American civilian contractor Nicholas Berg. However, Monotheism and Holy Fighting does not limit its attacks to American civilians, American soldiers, coalition military allies, Iraqi government officials and Iraqi security forces. They have also attacked the United Nations, a wide assortment of humanitarian organizations, Kurdish politicians, and Shi'ite clerics.
In the United State's rush to judgment, Tawhid and Jihad was initially linked to al-Qaeda. But initially, there was no al-Qaeda presence in Iraq. It would be more than a year after the American invasion before a merger of terrorist groups would create an al-Qaeda presence there. On October 17, 2004, Tawhid and Jihad first announced their affiliation with al-Qaeda, pledging to respect the more famous firm's directives.
One of Tawhid and Jihad's leaders is Sami Muhammad Ali Said al-Ja'af, who uses the aliases, Abu Yusef and Abu Omar Al-Kurdi. He is an explosives expert. He hadrisen to prominence and favor in the Sunni Islamic community as a result of his repeated and deadly attacks against U.S and coalition forces in Iraq, as well as against Iraqi Shi'ite civilians. This good Muslim and thus bad person is believed to be responsible for 32 car bombings, collectively resulting in several hundred deaths. Now in detention, Muhammad Ali Said al-Ja'af confessed to building 75% of the car bombs used in Iraq since the March 2003, American invasion, including the ones used in the attack on the U.N. headquarters.
Abu Maysarah al-Iraqi is the spokesperson for Tawhid and Jihad. Although his name is a pseudonym, al-Iraqi frequently posts claims of responsibility for terrorist attacks on jihadist websites. In January 2006 he posted a statement announcing the formation of the Mujahideen Shura Council, a coalition of several Islamic groups.
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, known also as Ahmad Fadil Nazal Al-Khalayleh and Ahmed Fadhil Nazzar Khalaylah, is the leader of the Mujahideen Shura Council and considered to be a founder of Tawhid and Jihad. While it was good that Americans killed him on June 7, 2006, deaths of Iraqi civilians have tripled since that time - so it made no difference.
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was born in the mid 1960s. He is, or was, a Jordanian Palestinian and more importantly a devout Sunni Muslim. His "al-Zarqawi" moniker was actually an alias derived from the name of the terrorist leader's hometown of Zarqa, Jordan. Zarqawi's goals were Tawhid and Jihad's goals, which are Islam's goals: to establish a singular fundamentalist Islamic theocracy in the Middle East and then the world by first deposing all anti-Islamic monarchies in the Middle East. After replacing the secular dictator in Iraq with Islamic clerics, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi envisioned attacking Jewish influences around the world.
In his twenties, Zarqawi left Jordan in the late 1980s to join the Afghan Mujahideen resistance against the Soviets. It was there that he acquired his basic Jihad skills and learned how to operate an effective terrorist group. He returned to Jordan around 1990, but he was arrested by the Jordanian monarchy in 1992 for attempting to set up a Muslim militant group dedicated to overthrowing the king.
In 1999, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was released from jail when King Abdullah declared a general amnesty. Immediately thereafter Zarqawi set up Jund al-Sham, a Salafi Sunni Islamist terrorist group. Initially, he involved himself in the unsuccessful plot to bomb a Radisson hotel on the eve of the year 2000.
Later that year, while on the run from Pakistani and Jordanian officials, Zarqawi made contact with top al-Qaeda leaders in Afghanistan, including Osama bin Laden. With the support of al-Qaeda and the Taliban, Zarqawi set up a terrorist training facility for Jordanians in Heart, Afghanistan. During Operation Enduing Freedom, Zarqawi conducted guerrilla operations alongside other fundamentalist Islamic jihadists.
Jordanian intelligence, which is the ultimate oxymoron, alleged that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was wounded in the chest in late 2001. It was then further alleged by those tasked with promoting the now completely discredited notion that Saddam Hussein's government and al-Qaeda were close allies, that Zarqawi went to a Baghdad hospital for treatment. During his hospital stay he is said to have set up terrorist sleeper cells in Iraq - or so the story goes. And even if it were true, the creation of "sleeper cells in Iraq" is no more an indictment of complicity against the Ba'athist government than the creation of sleeper cells in America is an indictment of complicity against the American government.
A letter recovered by Coalition forces in the Fall of 2004, alleged to be from al-Zarqawi, stated in reference to bin-Laden, that the "distance between our hearts is close." That was true. Islam, Muhammad, Allah, the Qur'an, and Hadith permeated and poisoned both men's hearts. Yet despite this sentiment Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was an independent and egotistic rebel leader who was known to all as a maverick. Further, on many occasions al-Zarqawi clashed with al-Qaeda's cofounder, Ayman Zawahiri.
Due to his substantial Jihad experiences, and his devotion to Islam, Zarqawi became proficient in deception, media manipulation, recruitment, and organizing terrorist campaigns. Before his death, al-Zarqawi played a major role in killing American soldiers and Shi'ite civilians. He destabilized the Shi'ite dominated Iraqi government and did his part to inspire a religious civil war, all aimed at establishing an Islamist state in Iraq.
It is interesting to note, that in December 2005, Iraqi security officials confirmed that in 2004, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had been apprehended and was in custody. But the officials said: "Musab al-Zarqawi was mistakenly released by Iraqi forces." Repeated attempts to eliminate Zarqawi were ultimately successful in June 2006, when special operations forces were able to confirm his location in a house nearBa'qubah with the help of local Shi'ites. He was killed by two 500-pound bombs dropped by F-16s. Only one problem: Iraq is just like Vietnam. With every bomb dropped and every bullet fired, more enemy are manufactured than murdered. The effect of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's death on the greater Iraqi terrorist movement has been to increase the carnage considerably.
In a speech broadcast over the internet on January 23rd, 2005, Zarqawi denounced the upcoming elections. He called the candidates demigods and voters infidels. He declared a fierce war against democracy because democracy is the antithesis of Islam. The Jordanian Palestinian Muslim went on to accuse the Americans of rigging the election to favor Iraq's Shi'ite population. At least he got that right.
- June 24, 2003: Palestinians fired six Qassem rockets and multiple mortars into Israel today but they all went astray or failed to explode.
- June 24, 2003: Simon Miller, 21, was one of six Brits slaughtered in a firefight with Muslim militants in Kabir, Iraq. His family was one of those listed on the April 1st grievance letter to the British government. The other men's names are: Paul Long, 24, Thomas Keys, 20, Benjamin Hyde, 23, Simon Hamilton-Jewell, 41, and Russell Aston, 30, all of the Royal Military Police. Their story isn't pretty.
It begins with an incident on May 14th when a score of Muslim civilians died in a three-hour exchange of gunfire along the road from Amara to Basra. There were allegations that British soldiers mutilated the bodies of Iraqis after the exchange according to the British Guardian. Death certificates written by the director of the Majar al Kabir hospital stated that seven corpses showed signs of "mutilation and torture.".
The Guardian claims to have "seen 28 death certificates completed by doctors at the Kabir hospital and said that most of the wounds were consistent with those that would be sustained in a fierce firefight. But one of the seven certificates in question, Ahmad al Helfi, a 19-year-old casual laborer, was described has having several bullet wounds to the body and signs of beating and torturing. Another laborer, Haider al Lami, 21, had several bullet wounds and mutilation of genitalia. His penis had been severed. Hamed al Suadi, 19, a student, had bullet wounds to the neck and foot and signs of torture with a full distortion of the face. Ali Al Jemindari, 37, had his right arm severed at the shoulder and a gouging out of the right eye. His eyeball was found in a dead man's pocket.".
I do not know if these Iraqi civilians were abused by British soldiers or by Muslim militants, but I do know that those who were shooting at the British soldiers were civilians because the hospital morgue records listed them as such. Understanding that civilians were the ones fighting is half of the battle.
Fortunately, the other half of the equation was answered when one recognizes that the inspiration for the attack on the Brits came from the local Islamic imam. The fighters were not only civilians, they were Muslims. .
On Friday, Khativ al Battat, the imam of Kabir's central mosque, the day of the original firefight, condemned the militia controlled by Shi'ite imam Moqtada al-Sadr because their last uprising against Americans had caused the golden-domed shrine of the Imam Ali to be damaged. Misplacing their animosity as Muslims are wont to do, Battat's flock "left the mosque seeking revenge," according to Ali Jassam, a local resident. "Some crazy men said they wanted to die for the imam Ali and Islam." Jassam reported: "The men went home, took whatever weapons they could lay their hands on (which you will learn in a moment included machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades, and mortars), and walked the mile to the Amara-Basra highway. They spread out in the drainage ditches lining the road and lay in wait. At around five in the evening, two British Land Rovers passed on their way back to base.".
According to the Birts: "They fought desperately to escape the civilian Iraqi attackers who were using machine guns, rockets, and mortars. They radioed for help, calling in armored cars and tanks from the base 15 miles north." When the battle was over the British removed 22 bodies and took them and a number of prisoners with them to their base in Amara. Dr. Majid said that the British left just six bodies at the scene of the attack.
On the 15th things turned ugly when a convoy of ambulances from Kabir collected and returned the corpses of those who had been killed. According to Abbas Jawad, the senior administrator of the emergency department, "They brought the dead to our hospital where there were thousands of people waiting. It was a real disaster. Everyone was angry, especially when we opened the sacks to find these corpses mutilated and tortured.".
Video taken as the casualties as they were returned showed Muslims shouting at the camera saying that the dead were alive when they went to the British base. As the camera panned to the blood soaked corpses, fingers can bee seen pointing at what is said to be signs of mutilation and torture.
While I have no way of knowing for sure who did what to whom I know enough about Islam to know that Muslims routinely fake civilian atrocities, complete with wailing women, to fool the world into believing that they are the victims of terror rather than the perpetrators. The most recent evidence of this was in Kana, Lebanon, where the "massacre of 57 Lebanese women and children as a result of an Israeli air raid" in late July, 2006, was staged for the international media.
The known facts regarding that telling fraud in the name of Allah's Party are: Hizballah shot rockets into Israeli towns from positions surrounding the building in question. The Israelis dropped leaflets over the area warning civilians to leave because the building was now a military target. Hizballah prevented women and children from leaving Kana. The Israeli bombing which occurred at 12 midnight barely damaged the roof of the structure in question. The building collapsed seven hours later following an explosion. Were Muslims too dumb to leave a bombed building or did local Hizballah terrorists bomb the building? Those are the only options. Further, the bodies of the dead had no blood on them and rigor mortise had already set in according to the photographic evidence. It is likely that the "victims" were actually from the Tyre morgue.
With all of this in mind, let's return to Kabir, Iraq on June, 25th, 2003. Hundreds of enraged Muslim civilians surrounded six British soldiers who were inside the town's police station and, around 11am, began shooting. They continued to fire light and heavy machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades into the police station and the attached school for nearly two hours.
During this time there were 15 local Iraqi police in the building with the Brits. It is alleged that they told the soldiers that they were as good as dead too because they were thought to be collaborators, which in Islam is a death sentence.
The scene outside was gruesome. A day before, following a British search for weapons stored in people's homes, a riot in the town's marketplace had lead to the deaths of five Iraqis and claims that Brits, not Muslims, had killed them. It is reported that a British officer walked out to the crowd and said, "Disperse or helicopters will come and kill you.".
The local imam then brokered a deal in which he stated in writing that he and his mosque would collect the town's weapons. That religious accord, of course, wasn't worth the paper it was written on because now, countless weapons of every description were being brought to bear against the British soldiers. And let us not forget, the original firefight had been inspired by the town's imam. All of Iraq was now an open wound and truth was the first casualty.
When the second armed assault failed to kill the British liberators, the town's Muslim militants rushed the building as if they were Kamikazes. During this time a Chinook helicopter came in support but it was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade. Then at least one of the British vehicles was torched. It wasn't long before the six Brits combating several hundred hostile townspeople ran out of ammunition and it was all over. Moments later they were slaughtered.
Reporters who visited the site the following day said: "There was no evidence that the events were part of a concerted or organized resistance movement. No one here spoke of diehard Ba'athist loyalists or Fedayeen (a paramilitary civilian militia linked to Saddam). Instead they talk of violation of honor, and lack of respect for their religion."".
This is just one day's story, and it robbed but six Brits of their lives, and yet it provides a window from which to see what Iraq had become and what it would be. There was no one to trust and no reason to live. Deceit, destruction, and death were the only constants.
One of the six British soldiers slaughtered in this ugly affair was Thomas Keys. His father wrote: .
As the father of the late Lance Corporal Thomas Keys RMP killed in Iraq 24th June 2003, I implore all families of the bereaved and maimed to muster in a common cause. Many of us now feel angry that our loved ones were killed and were wounded having had their oath of allegiance and patriotism betrayed by their own Prime Minister. These men, who only months earlier had marched off to war flushed with pride to do their duty for Queen and country, were exploited by a liar!
Our Prime Minister misled Parliament and the nation by stating that Iraq posed an imminent threat to the U.K. He claimed intelligence was "extensive, detailed and authoritative." According to him, Iraq's WMD programme was "active and growing, up and running now." Nothing could have been further from the truth!
Over eighty young British men have now returned home in coffins and hundreds more have come home maimed. Our Prime Minister has flouted international law and must now be held to account. We must also remember over 30,000 innocent Iraqis have been slaughtered in this unjust conflict, the wounded to numerous to count.
The number of military families now wishing to pursue this aim is steadily growing. I would ask for other families to give their support to the call for a full independent public enquiry into the Government actions. Iraq has become totally destabilized and it is spiraling into anarchy and civil war. So bereaved British families ask one simple question: Mr. Blair why Iraq?"
The British press reported: "Sixteen families of British servicemen killed in Iraq have called on the Prime Minister to open a full investigation into the background and legality to the war. The families consider that there are serious questions for the government to answer. They believe that their husbands and sons were sent to war on the basis of lies and deception.
Prime Minister Tony Blair, however, rejected their demand for a full public inquiry. And in his rejection the Prime Minister added insult to injury. Tony Blair's lawyers wrote the following to the bereaved families: 'The decision to take military action in Iraq was in no sense the immediate and direct operative cause of the deaths of the claimants' relatives. Those servicemen regrettably lost their lives due to a variety of circumstances - from a road traffic accident in Kuwait and a U.S. helicopter crash to a gun attack and an improvised explosive device. The legality of the decision to take military action in Iraq has no bearing on the circumstances which led to their deaths.'
These rather inappropriate words drew the following comments from the families today: Ann Lawrence, whose son Marc was killed when two helicopters collided at sea, said, 'I'm sure that Tom Keys and Marc Lawrence wouldn't have been in ten thousand miles of Iraq had Mr. Blair not sent them there. They had a Queen's commission and were duty bound to follow orders.'
Peter Brierley whose son Shaun was killed in a road traffic accident said: 'My son often went out on Sunday afternoon drives but Kuwait was not one of favored destinations. Tony Blair's justification for the war is as ridiculous as suggesting his decision to go to war and my son's accident were not connected. All the wriggling that Tony Blair is doing to try and get out of this has probably been the cause of his slipped disc. We will pursue the case for a public inquiry through all avenues.'
Rose Gentle whose son Gordon was killed by a roadside bomb in Basra said: 'The question of the legality of the war is very important to me and my family. We all need to know whether the army was sent to Iraq on a proper basis. Tony Blair's response letter is an insult to those who gave their lives for their country.'
The parents of the fallen soldiers are now determined to pursue their demand for a full public inquiry and have launched a national petition. They are calling on others to join with them in a campaign to reverse 'this dishonorable decision.'"
The families whose loved ones died in the Iraq war delivered a letter of claim to 10 Downing Street yesterday. It outlines the legal case they are bringing against Tony Blair regarding the war and the deaths of their family members. They said: 'This is an important first step in the legal process of bringing the Prime Minister and his cabinet to account for the deception that led to war.'
Some of those who delivered the letter included, Rose Gentle and her daughter Maxine (Rose's son Gordon was killed in Iraq on June 28, 2004), Peter Brierley and his daughter Helen (Peter's son Shaun was killed on March 30 2003), and Tony Hamilton-Jewell whose brother Simon was killed on June 24, 2003.
Other families included in this legal action are Tracey Pritchard, wife of Dewi Pritchard; Anna Aston, wife of Russell Aston; Reg and Sally Keys, parents of Thomas Keys; John and Marilyn Miller, parents of Simon Miller; Pat, Maria and Byron Long, mother, sister and brother of Paul Long - all of whom lost a son, brother, or husband in Iraq.
John Miller, whose son Simon was killed with Tom Keys, said: 'Blair says he could not sit on the fence over Saddam, but he didn't, he hid behind it and sent our sons over it to their deaths.'
David Shayler said: 'I came into this because I blew the whistle on the way MI6 funded associates of Bin Laden in their plot to assassinate Gaddafi. That was the point at which Britain became an associate of terrorism. Blair has destroyed every value of democracy in this country. "The Joint Intelligence Committee made it quite clear to the government that Iraq posed no direct threat to U.K. interests. And the intelligence services made it quite clear that if Iraq did possess WMDs, then invasion would make it far more likely that they would end up in the hands of Al Qaeda."'"
- June 25-6, 2003: Returning to the accidental war in Iraq, Greg MacDonald, 29, died when his military vehicle rolled over in a "non-combat" related mishap. .
Andy Chris, 25, died in Baghdad when his unarmored Humvee passed a parked car loaded with explosives. The locals detonated it as Andy drove by. To read the press report you'd think that the cause of death was a battle with the Republican Guard rather than by way of uncivilized Muslims acting badly. "Andrew Chris was fatally wounded in combat operations in hostile enemy territory." .
Tim Conneway, 22, died two days after he was wounded in Baghdad. Tim was traveling in an Iraqi government vehicle when a remote-controlled explosive device detonated beside him.
Richard Orengo, 32, was shot and killed by someone he was trying to liberate in Najaf, Iraq.
Joshua McIntosh, 22, died of a "non-hostile gunshot wound. In Karbala, Iraq.
Corey Hubbell, 20, died in Camden Yards, Kuwait, from a non-combat related cause. American's were having a particularly bad time with stray bullets. While I don't know if this was how Corey was killed, the Pentagon admits that 21 American soldiers lost their lives to other American soldiers who were cleaning their weapons. Friendly fire accidents have already taken many times that number of lives.
Tom Sotelo, 20, was killed when a Muslim militant shot a rocket-propelled grenade into his vehicle which was part of a supply convoy in Baghdad. One of his comrades wrote: "I was there the night CPL Totelo's convoy was attacked. I too was injured in the attack. I was the first to respond to his aid. I wish I could have done more to save him. I think about him all the time. I wish things were different that night. I don't know what story was given to you by the military, but the official story on this is very inaccurate. I wish I could give you closure for you and for myself. I strongly believe you deserve the truth." I wrote the soldier who authored this compelling correspondence but have not heard back from him.
- June 26, 2003: Thomas Retzer, 30, was fatally wounded in an ambush outside of Gardez, Afghanistan.
- June 26, 2003: A driver for the Iraqi electric utility was killed by a bomb even though he was escorted by two U.S. military vehicles and was on the main highway between the Baghdad airport and the city center.
The same day, civilian Muslim militias attacked a police station in Baqouba. Officers managed to fire back at the masked gunmen, killing two of them. The Shi'ite majority blamed the Sunni Tawhid and Jihad.
Later that day, a car bomb attack killed one person and injured nineteen others in the Kurdish town of Irbil. The Culture Minister of the Kurdistan Democratic Party was among the injured and one of his bodyguards was slain. Since Tawhid and Jihad was composed of Ansar al-Islam Kurds, fingers pointed at al-Zarqawi were directed the wrong way.
Also on the 26th, a number of unidentified Islamic gunmen attacked a government building in Baqouba. Guards fired back at the attackers, killing four. One of these Muslims wore a suicide vest. It was assumed that he planned to detonate himself inside the building.
Not finished serving Allah, a taxi cab packed with weapons and ammunition, was parked in front of an Iraqi political party office in Baqouba. It was detonated about 250 feet from the building. Following the blast, gunmen entered the Iraqi National Accord Party office in Baqouba and set off another explosion. The Iraqi National Accord Party was that of Iraqi interim Prime Minister Allawi.
With one Allahu Akbar left in them, Muslims fired rocket-propelled grenades at the Shi'ite Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq Party headquarters in Ba'qouba. Three Shi'ites were killed and two others were injured.
- June 26, 2003: Amos Mantin, 31, was killed in a shooting attack in the Israeli Arab town of Baka al-Garbiyeh. The shots were fired by a Palestinian teenager who was apprehended by police. Fatah's al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed responsibility for the murderer.
- June 26, 2003: In Ahmedadad, India today a bomb exploded in the city of Gujarat during the annual chariot procession carrying idols of Hindu Gods. The blast was part of the continuous violence perpetrated by Muslims against Hindus. In this state alone, more than 1,000 people had been killed this year.
- June 27, 2003: Erez Ashkenazi, 21, was killed in an operation in Gaza to capture a HAMAS cell responsible for several bombings and specifically for firing anti-tank missiles into Netzarim residences.
- June 27, 2003: Doing what they have been trained to do, Muslims in Kashmir kidnapped, tortured, and then murdered a suspected informer from the Hindiwara area. Completing the job, these Muslim madmen blew up his body in public view.
- June 27, 2003: Fundamentalist Muslims don't like movies because they contain music, something Muhammad condemned, and the show unveiled women, something considered un-Islamic. So, an Islamic terrorist group known as Hezb-e-Islami tossed a grenade at three security guards assigned to a cinema in Lashkargah City.
- June 28, 2003: In Afghanistan, Kelvin Feliciano, 21, of Puerto Rico was killed in an accident when his vehicle veered off the road and turned over. Riding on top of the vehicle as a .50 caliber gunner, he was trapped under it when it rolled.
- June 28, 2003: In Israel, two bombs were detonated near a U.S. Embassy car south of Bayt Lahiyah. It was the Palestinian's way of thanking America for sending them $150 million dollars a year in aid.
Then, showing love for their neighbors, Palestinians loyal to HAMAS, lobbed seven mortar shells into the Qatif Bloc settlement.
- June 28, 2003: An ammunition depot explosion in the village of Haklamiyah killed 25 Iraqi civilians. The same day, an American convoy inadvertently ran over an Iraqi chilled in the vicinity of Baghdad's Airport.
- June 28, 2003: Gladimir Philippe, 37, of Linden, New Jersey, and Kevin Ott, 27, of Columbus, Ohio were discovered missing when they failed to respond to a radio check while on duty south of Balad. A search party found their remains west of Taji, Iraq three days later. Taji, Iraq is 20 to 25 miles west of Baghdad. Gladimir and Kevin were kidnapped and murdered by Muslims following Muhammad's example.
Ott and Philippe were last reported traveling in a Humvee near a checkpoint that had been the site of many prior civilian attacks on U.S. personnel. They were equipped with two M16 rifles, a grenade launcher, and a global-positioning system as well as a radio. They were to stay in visual contact with nearby teams but a sandstorm made that impossible.
The military tracked their vehicle to a nearby house and the people inside were detained. The military has not released any information regarding a resolution.
Reacting to the news of the capture and subsequent brutal murder of the two American soldiers, Senator Lautenberg in Washington, issued a press release. In his opening paragraph, Frank "expressed concern that the Administration was underestimating the magnitude of the remaining Iraqi opposition forces."
Senator, the "opposition force" in Iraq was understated by some 20 million. The majority of Iraqi civilians are opposed to the U.S. military presence in their country. Two thirds believe that killing Americans is justified.
Lautenberg went on to say: "I would like to know how many more deaths we should be expecting from among the brave young people who are securing and protecting freedom in Iraq." Thousands is the answer but your question is fatally flawed. Americans are empowering the religion of submission in Iraq which is the opposite of "securing and protecting freedom." Doesn't anyone on Capitol Hill understand Islam? How is it that American politicians are willing to send good men to die fighting an enemy that they haven't bothered to study?
Senator Lautenberg's written statement declared: "I am concerned that nearly 1/3 of U.S. casualties in Iraq have occurred since May 1, when the President announced the war to be victorious. I am going to ask that a review of these recent deaths be held in the Senate in order to get a better understanding of the toll on U.S. lives that now will have to be paid in the rebuilding of civil society in Iraq." Too bad he didn't follow through.
Although, to be fair, the Senator did write a letter "demanding that the Administration report to Congress and to the American people an accurate assessment of the threat still posed to U.S. forces by remaining fighters from Ba'ath party (that would be none) and other Iraqi insurgents." There are no insurgents in Iraq, only Muslims who respect the authority of their imams and their religion.
In another letter, this one to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Lautenberg "asked for an approximate calculation of how many months the current force level is expected to be deployed in Iraq." In his first address on this question, Don Rumsfeld said, "I don't know. It could be six days, six weeks, or even six months." Thirty-seven months later the nation is further from the goal than when it began.
I understand that conservative talk radio show hosts dismiss all critics of the war in Iraq by saying that the world is better off with Saddam Hussein in prison. But even that conclusion is only accurate if it is viewed in a complete vacuum. Would anyone in their right mind trade 2,818 American and British lives for the incarceration of Saddam Hussein? Is Saddam's head worth the $302 billion it has cost U.S. taxpayers? And why is replacing a deceitful, destructive, and deadly dictatorial secular thug with a deceitful, destructive, and deadly Islamic religious regime a good thing?
Truth is an endangered species in Washington. The Senator went on to say: "The Pentagon should be upfront with the American people about the costs of this war - both in terms of the casualties we should expect in this post-war period and how much taxpayer money will be required to continue fighting the enemy."
Senator Lautenberg's release concluded: "The deaths of Sgt. Philippe and Pfc. Kevin Ott, 27, of Columbus, Ohio bring the number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq since major combat was declared over on May 1 to at least 63 (it was actually 67 and would grow to 2,413 in three years). The military has confirmed the identities of 138 soldiers killed before that date. Of the 63 recent deaths, a majority have occurred in the past five weeks."
- June 28, 2003: As a result of mounting American casualties, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, whose completely dishonest presentation to the United Nations was used as justification for the invasion, said: "It's not possible yet to characterize what's happening in terms such as 'an organized insurgency' or 'whether it has a central nervous system directing it.'"
"Fool" is what one calls a man who is oblivious to the obvious. The enemy is Islam. It is organized by Imams in their mosques. The central system directing the enemy's behavior is the Islamic Qur'an, Sira, Ta'rikh, and Hadith - Muhammad's words and deeds.
Colin Powell, George Bush's Secretary of State, was the first to misapply the "insurgency" moniker. The term means "one who rebels against authority." The Muslims who were killing Americans were the opposite of "insurgents," a term usually applied to political rebels and revolutionaries. The Islamic civilians who would had and would murder Americans by the thousands were religious fighters, jihadists, and holy warriors; they were mujahideen. They weren't political revolutionaries or even rebels. No one on planet earth respects established authority more than a suicide bomber.
But Colin had to deceive, just as he had done in his United Nation's presentation. He had to fool the nation and world into believing that the enemy wasn't Islam. Because once the obvious is recognized, everything the administration had said and done with regard to terrorism and Iraq completely unraveled. It became obvious that good men had died making the situation worse.
The truth is as easy to understand as it is horrible to contemplate: 99.9% of the 2715 American military and civilian fatalities in Iraq (as of mid August 2006) were the result of mistakes and misidentifying the enemy. America had shed blood and spilled coin to make Iraq a more deadly and more Islamic place to live than it had been previously. Unable to count, America enabled Shiite Muslims with ties to Iran to seize control of a country that floats on oil. These clerics had militias and they were all to eager to murder an average of 100 Iraqis a day.
"Liar" is what one calls a man who knowingly deceives. George Bush's Secretary of State said: "We are seeing a combination of leftover Ba'athists (Iraq's ruling socialist and secular political party) taking it out on the soldiers who have come to provide security and hope for the Iraqi people, Fedayeen (a civilian paramilitary militia), and there are lots of criminals who are loose." Not a word of that was true.
"Delusional" is what one calls a man who offers false hope. Colin Powell said: "I am quite confident that Paul Bremer and General Tommy Franks will be able to impose security on the region in due course. But it will take some time, and regrettably there will be casualties."
Secretary of State Powell tried to justify the unjustifiable with this parting salvo: "I mourn for the loss of every young man or woman who puts his life of her life at risk and loses their life in the cause of freedom," he added, parroting the lie that has led to so many needless deaths. Iraq is less free under the fundamentalist Islamic clerics, Sharia Law, and religious militias, than it was under the deposed secular dictator. Further, America's military is one of the least free organizations on earth. And despite mindless feel-good rhetoric to the contrary, the United States military has seldom fought for America's freedom. While a strong argument can be made that the United States Army hasn't fought for American liberty for nearly 200 years - it is absolutely certain the soldiers engaged in Iraq aren't advancing the cause of freedom for Americans or for Iraqis.
- June 29, 2003: Continuing to demonstrate that the Qur'an's repeated message of "submit and obey" was incompatible with choice, Muslims in Kashmir associated withHezb-ul-Mujahideen kidnapped and then murdered a top-ranking worker in the People's Democracy Party.
- June 30, 2003: Krastyu Radkov, a construction worker from Bulgaria, was killed in a shooting attack on the Yabed bypass road in northern Samaria while driving a truck. Later that day, the founder of Fatah and PA President, Yasser Arafat, admitted publicly that his al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades had perpetrated the attack. But when it was disclosed to the world's ugliest terrorist that the murder was in opposition to their own declared ceasefire, Arafat's minions denied their leaders claim.
- June 30, 2003: In Qandahar, Afghanistan, a bomb left in a vest inside a mosque exploded, injuring twenty-five Muslims during evening prayers. The mosque's imam was supportive of President Karzai's government and believed that his mosque was targeted by the Taliban because he spoke against their fundamentalist interpretation of Islam. The attack was intended as a warning to Afghans: if you support democracy you are no longer a Muslim and will be killed.
- June 30, 2003: In Afghanistan, three rockets hit the eastern city of Jalalabad, causing some damage but no casualties. One landed on a house in front of the UN's Children's Fund (UNICEF) office in the city center but it failed to explode. Another rocket damaged a house near a military base. The third landed on some farmland. Officials blamed remnants of the Taliban and Hezb-e Islami for seeking to destabilize the government.
- June 30, 2003: In a firefight in and around the Al-Hassan mosque complex in Fallujah, Iraq an explosion claimed 7 civilian lives.
- June 30, 2003: The total coalition fatalities for June 2003 were 30 Americans and 6 Brits. There would be only one month over the next 36 in which fewer Americans would die in Iraq. In other words, things got worse in following the ouster of Saddam Hussein, not better.
The good news was that in June, accidents and friendly fire only claimed 13 soldier's lives. The bad news was that the people being liberated claimed the rest. By percentage, 61% (153 of 251) of those who returned from Iraq in body bags lost their lives in mishaps and misidentifications. Islam had caused 37% (93 of 251) of the fatalities. Saddam never mattered. .